Shadowkage

By Kagemaster-Chan

In the world where he's a jinchuuriki, life doesn't get any worse. Being neglected and hated by everyone does... More

Intro. Please Read
Meeting the Unexpected
New friend?
Hideout
Training
New Clones
More friends?
Trust and Bond
Best Birthday
Test
Kurama's Chakra
First Mission
The Deal
Training Filler
The Worst Day
Recovery
Surprises pt 1
Surprises pt 2
Introducing Everyone
Practice Test
Anbu Exam pt 1
Anbu Exam pt 2
First Day Anbu
NOT A CHAPTER/Overview
First Anbu Mission
The Massacre
Uchiha?
The Best Team
Long Term Mission
First Day
Commander
Genin Test
C-Rank Mission
Gato
Chunin Exams pt 1
Chunin Exams pt2
Chunin Exams pt3
Genin Training
Finals
The Attack
The Battle
The Truth
1k?!?
Pervy Sage
B-Rank Mission
Taken
Transition
Split Up
CelebrationšŸ„³/Not a Chapter
Land of Snow
The Akastuki
It Has Begun
Rescue
New Hokage?
Experiment
Infiltration
Pain
Gone
Moving On
Eyes of Illusion
A-Rank Mission

Learning

11.9K 220 80
By Kagemaster-Chan

(Time skip Next Day) 3rd pov
Naruto woke up peacefully for once with all of his injuries healed from yesterday's attack. Just the thought of it made Naruto have a sad mood but it suddenly improved when he remembered he met Kurama and they agreed to start learning today.

He went into the time space to find the fox sound asleep. 'Kuramaaa! Wake up we should begin my training!' Naruto whined impatiently.

"Can't we wait till later? Didn't we just fall asleep not too long ago?" Kurama asked annoyed but still not fully awake.

'We've slept for about 7-8 hours, don't you think that's enough?' Naruto asked and sweat-dropped by seeing how sleepy he was.

"What the heck Kit I need more sleep than that." His eyes now opened to finding out how 'little' sleep he's gotten. 'Wooow I didn't know this almighty and powerful fox was lazy.' The boy said in a mocking tone while rolling his eyes.

The fox soon had a tick mark on his head as he sat up and growled at the boy. "Fine you brat just don't go complaining when I work your brain to the core!"

The fox then made a desk for Naruto to study on in the time space while a few books popped out of nowhere onto the desk.

Naruto was shocked to soon learn that anything can be created within the time space but none of it is actually real.

"You'll be learning in here since we can form anything in the time space. We'll first start with English and math. History is the most extensive so that'll be last. Right now you're only going to learn at the usual academy level but later on from time to time you'll learn things on higher levels." Naruto nodded and began to learn words that Kurama thought would strengthen his vocabulary.

(Three months later) Naruto's pov
After three months of reading and writing I was tested on everything I've learned up to this point. I passed with flying colors which made Kurama proud since we were moving at a faster pace than expected.

"Alright Kit well done, you've learned faster than expected. But now we'll start learning academy level math."

'Ughhh do we have to? How is math gonna help me in any situation anyways?!' I yelled in confusion since I can't grasp how math will be useful on missions.

"Math is important especially if you get a high rank role in the shinobi world." He protested as I rolled my eyes.

'Well I see why the Hokage has so much paperwork then.' "Yep so if you want his job this'll be important." 'Well after hearing that I'll have to think it over.' Naruto said in a sigh as we started with the lesson.

(Lazy Time Skip Three Months Later) Naruto's pov
In the time space I finished up the last part of my math test as Kurama watched over me.

I handed him my papers and he lightly looked over each problem. He knew all the answers which made grading easy, and in just a matter of seconds he made the test disappear and smiled at me.

"Perfect Kit, you aced the whole thing, even my trick question at the end that I didn't teach yet." I looked up and shot him a cheeky grin.

'Yeah that one almost stumped me, until I knew I had to use two math formulas instead of one.' I rolled my eyes at the him and left the time space to eat lunch.

Kurama said eating noodles everyday wasn't good if I wanted to become a strong ninja so whenever Jiji comes by to give me my monthly rent, I asked if he could bring me some healthy foods that were easy to make.

I made myself two BLT sandwiches. While eating I played shogi with Kurama in the time space. These types of games were fun for me and Kurama liked them too since they were strategy games to help with my strategic thinking.

Once I was done with lunch and the game Kurama thought it was time for me to learn history. "Alright Kit this is the longest subject to teach since there was many varieties of history to be taught. Though you are smart I'm not gonna start with how the world and the shinobi world first started. I'm technically gonna teach you in reverse by teaching about this village first then moving our way up from there."

I sighed heavily from learning how long this lesson might take and Kurama noticed it.
"Hmm how about this Kit. Since I know how long this lesson will take, how about I let you do something once we finish learning about Konoha."

This peeked my interest and now I was curious. 'Something like what?' I asked.

"You'll see once we finish this lesson." I groaned at his mysterious offer but I knew I couldn't turn it down. I agreed and he went on teaching me again.

(Another lazy time skip-there will be much less of these later- two weeks later) 3rd pov
Kurama ended his lesson of the history of Konoha as Naruto yawned in boredom. "Tired of the teaching already Kit?" The fox says in a mocking tone which earned him a glare from the boy.

"Haha well luckily the history lesson of Konoha has ended so are ya ready for the thing I promised you?" Naruto eyes lit up as he almost forgot that he gets to do something after this lesson.

'Right I almost forgot! So what is it Kurama?' Naruto asked curiously. "Well I don't know if you'll like it but it's a start for later on. Imma let you start to learn taijutsu." The child was shocked at first but then started jumping around in excitement. 'I get to finally learn how to fight! This'll be great!' He exclaimed.

"Hold your horses Kit. Before you even start to learn any moves you need to get stronger. Fighting is pointless with no strength." Naruto agreed with the fox but was now confused. 'Then what am I gonna do to get stronger?' The child wondered.

"I want you to do some basic exercise everyday for two hours. We'll increase the amount of time and how much training you do bit by bit as months go by." Kurama explained. 'Sounds good but when will I be able to learn ninjutsu?' He asked.

"Patience kid, you'll learn whenever your chakra coils have fully developed which is usually when kids are four. Though even at that age people think that's too young to teach them ninjutsu so they learn after years in the academy." Naruto slumped and didn't like the idea of waiting until academy years to learn ninjutsu.

'Do I really have to wait until then to learn that. Can't I start a bit early?' He asked making a pouty face at Kurama which made him smile.

"You can actually. Some clans actually teach their kids about chakra a bit before sending them into the academy and teach them clan jutsus after school so that they're prepared but that doesn't apply to all kids." 'Can you teach me early too?' Naruto asked with an even bigger pouty face.

"Of course Kit. We won't automatically jump into jutsus as soon as you turn four but I promise you'll know a few tricks before you're five." Naruto formed a cheeky grin on his face and couldn't wait till the day to come. 'Can't wait Kurama, so what should I start with?'

"You can start by doing ten push ups and sit ups, along with a 30 second handstand on the wall until you have the balance to go without it and side steps for a minute. I'll increase the numbers once they seem too easy."

Naruto nodded and did this exercise on repeat for two hours with five minute breaks every time he completed two sets of this.

As the weeks went on he continued this two hour exercise everyday while gradually increasing the number of push ups and sits up along with how long to hold the handstand.

Kurama continued giving him history lessons before, during, and after his exercise as they now talk about the different clans in Konoha and what each of them can do.

"How ya feeling Kit? How's the amount of exercise for ya?" He asked wondering if this was getting harder for him.

'I'm pretty fine besides the muscle aches here and there but I know that's normal and you healing me makes it no problem. The amount of exercise is great but will there be times I do different exercises?' Naruto asked in case this ever got boring for him.

"That's good to hear and yes this will change later on. This is just the easiest for someone your age to be doing so you don't hurt or overwork yourself. Later on you'll have more exercises once you learn different things."

'Like what?' Naruto asked.

"Well you most likely won't just be using much taijutsu when fighting so once you learn you'll exercise while using ninjutsu but you'll see later on." Kurama said with a small chuckle since he knew the boy wanted more answers.

(Time skip 3 Months Later) Naruto's pov
I now have 2 1/2 hours of training as Kurama raised the number of exercise I do by 20 and the time on the handstand and side steps by one minute.

I couldn't tell as much but Kurama saw I was getting stronger since my arms don't shake when I'm nearing the end of my push ups and handstands, and the side steps helped me become faster.

Kurama told me about the different nations in the shinobi alliance while playing more games of shoji. I got bored quickly and decided to go surprise Jiji at his office today.

Luckily Kurama had me study the land area of Konoha which helped me find the best route to avoid villagers. I got to the Hokage's office as I saw him entering when I got there. "Jiji!" I yelled out which took him by surprise for my sudden arrival.

He quickly turned around and held out his arms to pick me up. His guards just stared at me since they knew Jiji treated me like his own. We both entered as all eyes were on me but some chose to ignore me.

That's what I liked about the jonin and anbu, some didn't like me but they never physically showed it and chose to ignore me. I mean, I'd rather be stared at and ignored than yelled at and beaten.

He took me into his office and told the guards to wait outside. They both bowed and guarded the door.

"So what bring you here Naruto, you didn't run into any trouble did you?" He asked concerned but I smiled since it showed he cared for me.

"Nope none at all I just wanted to see you and talk. I got bored at my house." I smiled at him as he set me down on the ground. "How about I give you some books to read. I know you're most likely smart enough to read them, but I don't know if you'll understand them." He suggested.

"Sounds great, thanks. I already finished the books at home so I needed something new." His eyes were suddenly wide in shock to how a three 1/2 year old managed to read a few of the books my parents left.

'They were filled with maps and were more observation journals which I'm guessing my parents wrote. A few of them were high class learning books that Kurama said anbu's or elite jonins would use but he said he'll teach me about them later.' I thought to myself.

Jiji's shocked expression then turned to a caring smile as he shunshined to the library to get a few books. Once he came back he had ten books on different subjects like academy level jutsus, the ranking system in the shinobi world, the different types of elements and kekkei genkais, weapons, etc.

He shunshined me back to my apartment so I wouldn't have any problems going back. "Have fun reading these kid, you might find a few of them interesting." I thanked him and hugged him as he shunshined back to his office.

I start reading the book on academy level jutsus until Kurama suddenly starts talking. "It looks like he gave you a few books that teaches you some of the lessons I had planned later on. That means I can sleep more." I rolled my eyes as he scolded me for comparing him to a Nara.

"Remember what I said though Kit, you have to wait a little longer before attempting this stuff." I sighed with impatience but decided to move onto another book, the weapons one.

'There's a lot of different weapons here.' I pointed out examining each ninja tool.

"Yes these are all the weapons known to man, from basic tools, to legendary weapons. Shurikens and kunai's are weapons every ninja has on them but some carry weapons they prefer using or weapons they've completely adapted to their fighting style." I continued looking at the hundreds of fascinating weapons, seeing which ones could be right for me.

'If I were to get a weapon, which one would you think is best for me?' I asked Kurama curiously.

"Hmmm I think you'd be good with katanas or slender swords like that. Katanas are light and swift, more for fighters with fast speed and agility." I flipped through the sword pages and stumbled upon a few good katanas that caught my eyes.

"Depending on how they're made, some blacksmiths make them to wield chakra while fighting. Like a few you see on here." I eyed a few a some stood out, like the blue katana that was so bright it looked like it was glowing.

And then I saw the twin katanas that also looked like something I'd like to use in a fight.

"Those are some good choices Kit. But swords like those are hard to find so good luck." 'Yeah you're right but maybe I'll just get something similar to it.' Kurama agreed to that as I continued reading for the rest of the day.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

9.3K 322 65
A bad person is only bad if all you see are their flaws. And a good person is only good if you never see behind their mask. But people do what they d...
256K 8.6K 37
Naruto Namikaze- Uzumaki: Naruto is nothing like the boy everything thinks he is; he is not the knuckle headed ninja that everyone perceived him...
116K 2.4K 61
Disclaimer: I DONT OWN NARUTO I also don't own the art, it belongs to its respectful owners. Enjoy the story, feel free to comment and vote.
355K 8.5K 32
Fake emotions Fake smiles And a mask All of them hide the pain and suffering I went through and the loneliness I feel. My name is Naruto Uzumaki, a...