Mrs. De Ville (On Hold)

By Amethyst_nymph

He was everything she should've hated. Arrogant, headstrong, and aloof. He tamed her fire to drive his own an... More

Introduction
Casualties
Shock
Dripping in Dior
Altered Plan
Aftermath
Not an Update!
Coming Clean
Finalized Terms
An Unexpected Visit
Not an Update!
Surprise Surprise
A Cold Hard Truth
Wild Card - Part 1
Party's Over
Something Happened

Wild Card - Part 2

12 1 0
By Amethyst_nymph

I'm not really sure about this story anymore. It's prolly ass, but idk...might delete later you feel?

-but can you guess where i got the idea for this chapter from?

"Poker is like sex if you don't have a good partner, you better have a good hand—"

* * * * * * * * *

20 minutes later...

Bonnie's Pov.

"Took y'all bitches long enough," Dahlia said smirking.

"Little miss rule bender finally pulled that stick up her ass!" Blair shot back marching towards us as her car automatically shut from behind.

"We were supposed to be heading to the damn casino, but you bitches turned it into a fucking street race! Shit, we do enough of that on the regular!" Dahlia snapped back, glaring at Blair in a predator vs prey type of way.

"...and she stuck it back in" Blair quickly retorted.

"Alright! Now, this is the hottest casino in the city, so let's go fucking test it out. All this bickering is gonna hurt my luck." I said, handing my car keys to the vale, irking them to both do the same.

To be frank, this whole system always seemed to freak the hell out of me, that looming terror of having your car stolen by some complete stranger.

I quickly shook off the scare and followed the others inside the building.

Once we did, I couldn't hold my eyes back from swelling the way they did. It was beyond what i ever envisioned. The exterior was no doubt a sight to behold, but the interior was something that couldn't even be fathomed.

-Shit, maybe I'm just high.

The guards by the doorways were vigilant, and whatever they missed, the eyes in the skies caught. Most people didn't look up, but I did. There were casinos where I'd seen over thirty cameras dome around me. Entrances were quite often covered by six or seven and sometimes eight domes. 

We quickly exchanged money for chips and continued our walk deeper into the casino. The eye-watering scent of alcohol infiltrated my nostrils in a wham as my neck snapped to what i just then realized was the bar.

"Let's go grab a drin—" I started, but it seemed they had both ran off long ago as i glanced blankly at where they  stood.

This happened every time. They'd go dealing off all their tokens, conclusively losing unforgivably, and once that happened, they'd come trotting back to me in hopes that i win it back for them.

Whatever.

I drew out my phone skimming through the messages while heading towards the bar. It appears I'd received a text from my grandmother several minutes ago. She'd forwarded a photo of Evie helping her bake, though Evie had more flour on her frame than in the bowl itself. I beamed absentmindedly and promptly saved the image, tucking my cell back inside my purse.

That's a new wallpaper!

"What can i get cha' pretty lady?" The bartender asked as i placed my purse onto the counter. His unusual green eyes looking more dazzling than mine as i felt them piercing tears into mine.

A passionate battle of hues was what it was.

"A Boulevardier," I replied, holding that smoldering gaze of his. Okay, so I'd be lying if i said i didn't find him...attractive. Not just his protruding jaw curved gracefully around, or the strength of his neck showing in the twining cords of muscle that formed his entire body. You could simply tell that this man had a whole lot of body underneath that very sheer t-shirt.

Fuck.

I really can't remember how long it's been since I'd gotten some- who am i fooling it's been 3 years 56 days and 36 minutes. I'd say how many seconds, but i don't wonna seem too eager.

"What's a pretty little thing like you doing in a place like this...alone?" The bartender suddenly asked. That infamously sentence earning an eye-roll from me.

I grinned.

"What, you don't think i can handle myself?" I shot back

"I think your a few ways in over your head." He said, looking me dead in the eye as he coasted the drink over.

Being underestimated is a deeply irritating thing of which I've never approved of. It's so fucking rude, and i can't stand it because he just made a blatant allegation of me presumably not possessing enough wit to even be in this casino.

Regardless of how insulted, i felt. It was going to be fun to prove him wrong. I wasn't here to find a boyfriend, so let's gamble.

"You are so damn lucky i find you intriguing. Had you been anyone else, what you said just now would've deserved a clean shot to the knee," I said, leaning in close, so close i could sense his inhaling clash against my lips. "Watch and learn darling!" I concluded, seizing my bag as i strolled toward the mob intently watching a poker gamble, flat in the heart of the casino.

The two gamblers appeared to have been going at it for a while now, I thought as i clung tightly to my fur coat. Gambler number one seeming triumphant as he gathered every token from player two.

The way he played was utterly shameful.

Gambler number two, who looked to have been reaped of whatever fragment of pride and dignity he had left, came in here not long after me. Though i was considerably rattled by the bartender, i knew it was going to be entertaining.

The urgency in his tone when he begged for a chance after chance when he lost would make anyone peep his way and feel a twinge of sympathy.

"You should be ashamed by the way you play." I finally said, walking out from the shadows. "—giving someone in a bad place hope, then sending them into deeper despair... you're like a sleazy loan broker. I'm not sure what level you might have achieved as a gambler, but as a person, you don't even rank." By the end of my harmless little banter, i was glaring him down in a way that clasped him tightly to his chair. It was the type of glare that you'd give to you're worst enemy after shooting him dead between the eyes. "You're shit and you know it."

"I beg to differ, so let's settle this on a gamble little lady. How much are you willing to bet?" He said, completely dismissing everything i had mentioned not too long ago. His cigar finding it's way into the bowl as he leaned forward and exhaled the smoke into my face.

Keep fucking with me bitch! I'm gonna spend all you're money on Birkin bags! 

The mob grew even more silent, if that were even possible, keenly scrutinizing over our every move. The man was truthfully a sight for sore eyes, a dead man walking if I'm being honest. He also didn't scare me one bit. 

The only reason i was giving him the time of day was to reap that massive pile of poker chips he had there. All the people he had crushed to obtain it-he would surely throw a temper once he lost.

"Four-hundred thousand," I declared, pushing out my poker chips towards the center of the table. This was hardly the first table and i was already feeling more than eager, win or lose I'd still be getting that orgasmic high.

"I'll call." He answered, pushing out four-hundred thousand from his chips, all while a lurking leer danced proudly against his face.

The dealer claimed the chips, tossing down 3 of hearts, 3 of spades, and 7 of diamonds. I store at the cards for far longer than I'd honestly like to admit but ultimately spoke up.

"Seven hundred," I replied, feeling the vaguest slither of fear irk from the pit of my stomach. It didn't fundamentally worry me, after all, what would gambling be without that shrill scare right?

"C bet all call." —was his draw. It was quickly becoming quite suspenseful.

The dealer added in a king.

"Check" I called.

"1.7 million." The man called anew, this time beaming as though he had just done a deed worth recognition. He laid the poker chips in the center of the table and the dealer seized them yet again.

"call" I rejoined

The queen of diamonds was added to the laid deck of cards.

"check," I called

15 minutes later...

It was hot...

More people were pulled into our little match than before. The fur coat i wore so boastfully, was now off as i leaned forward into the chair. So set on winning that the heat wasn't even as vexatious as it should have been.

I'd been silent for a while now, working up what my next move would be, and that's when he disrupted my thoughts.

"You understood what you were getting yourself into принцесса(princess). Now pick yourself up and deal!?" His voice was like a taunting echo resonating inside my head like a provoking parasite. He sounded so American, i never would've figured him to be Russian.

Gone were the sounds of cards whirring in the hands of dealers, The bells and whistles of the various slot machines, and the racketing noise of their levers being pulled. It was just us me and him— being observed by more people than my eyes could count. My hands kept my head up as i store into my lap, pending on what I'd do next— what i could do.

But then just like that, it all snapped into place like led light connectors. This double-dealing mother fucker didn't have a king.

"You don't have a king," I asserted, leveling out my back. My hands now joined unitedly as i leaned into the table. "You'd have re-raised pre-flop, and you're never riding in on a queen encase i have the king." How stupid did he think i was?

"What are you going on about." He asked, appearing rather shifty.

"I think you're on a gutshot four five or five-six and i think you were trying to bully me, but bullies, in the end, are always devastated when they're called out."I finished. "—Forget it. Call." I declared, catching the crowd gasp as though i had done the most ungodly feat.

The man seemed fairly dumbfounded but nonetheless gave in as i watched him drop four of hearts and five of hearts. The mob gasping once again.

"10 of spades and 9 of diamonds."

He reared up in an absolute rage, thrusting his chips in a pile. The throbbing vain bound onto his forehead practically rupturing from his temple as he glared me down, eyes bloodshot and fists clenched. He marched towards me with a keen appetite for violence but was promptly prevented by a towering figure in a black Canali suit, pointing a silver Glock to his head.

I groaned in deeply as i settled back into my chair, already having a good idea of who it was. I zeroed in on Dahlia and Blair but those bitches were out of there like a light.

Some friends i fucking have.

"Back up." The man in the Canali suit warned, but to my surprise, he sounded nothing like the voice i didn't know i so longed to hear. It wasn't like anything I'd ever heard before either but, held a gentler kind of authority still very much to be feared— very far from his.

I'm not sure what was going on through the other dude's mind, but the fucker tried pulling out a gun, and as I'm sure you can already imagine- was directly shot dead before his hands ever even reached his pocket.

I stood there, eyes practically darting out their sockets as the man's gaze shot to me, to which i swiftly spun around.

Shit!

* * * * * * * * *

This was by far the hardest thing I've ever had to write. Hopefully it makes sense lol. Also I'm so sorry for being such an inconsistent witter. I don't mean to take so long to update, but I've been feeling particularly lazy lately.  

Hope you understand and thanks for reading love!!!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

141K 3.7K 24
On the surface, Aiden had it all. Wealth, good looks, and intelligence. But beneath the veneer of masculine perfection lay a broken man. A man obsess...
17.2K 807 46
Their favourite cocktail? One part betrayal mixed with bloodshed, One part secrets, half-part death with a splash of love....on rocks. "My Sisters wa...
33.4K 966 10
He was like a fire that would burn anyone around him but he made sure not a flame touched her He was a devil that everyone was scared of but she was...
1.9M 59.7K 64
Mafia Dark Romance : ••••••••• she looked back and saw him coming towards her with red blood shoot eyes. She didn't even blink her eyes when he was s...