The big question (Complete ✅)

By Winnieflex

Should our beliefs be based on what we are being told? 'Men are scum', She thought. 'They are cheats and lair... More

Author's Piece
Prologue ✔
Chapter 1- I ✔
Chapter 2 - feel ✔
Chapter 3 - pain ✔
Chapter 4 - and strong guilt ✔
Chapter 5 - always and whenever ✔
Chapter 6 - I see your face ✔
Chapter 7 - frustrated and solemn ✔
Chapter 8 - Talking about a miserable life ✔
Chapter 9 - My boo? ✔
Chapter 10 - Cryptic Minds ✔
Chapter 11 - Teams of Themes ✔
Chapter 12 - Needs and Feels ✔
Chapter 13 - Hot blooded ✔
Let's gist small
Chapter 14 - Drama Drama
Chapter 15 - Stinky Mouth!
Chapter 17 - The suspect
Chapter 18 - Steady reveal
Chapter 19 - Stupidity
Chapter 20 - Blames
Chapter 21 - The Messenger
Chapter 22 - Plain Confusion
Chapter 23 - Handsome Devil
Chapter 24 - Busted
Chapter 25 - Worth it
Chapter 26 - Boomeranging decisions
Chapter 27 - Craving Death
Chapter 28 - Trouble on wheels
Chapter 29 - Me and her
Chapter 30 - Frienemies
Chapter 31 - Den of Deceit
Chapter 32 - Surprises
Chapter 33 - The story behind
Chapter 34 - Safe and Saved
Chapter 35 - Final Blow
Bonus Chapter
Epilogue

Chapter 16 - Besties

74 19 9
By Winnieflex

Over 500 reads OMG!! Thank you guys sooo much.
I'm really happy.

«««««Soma»»»»»

"You can't be serious." Helen exclaimed after I explained my ordeal to her.

I couldn't just get the guilt out of my system system, I shouldn't have called him names so what if he likes me and claims me without my permission... I like him too!.

'Did you hear yourself?' My subconscious whispered to me.

'Shut up! I'm in the middle of a regret session'

Lucky enough, Helen slept in my room last night because one: She came back late and the hostel gate keeper doesn't opens the gate once it's 11pm.
Two: Oluchi my roommate is no where to be found, I have no idea where she is and her number is not going through.

So this morning I have someone to pour my frustrations on.
I told her everything including my dispute with Oluchi to how Nonso and Abel is helping with my weird texts problems and how I was rude to them.

To think that they were gonna help.
What if they back out due to my unruly outburst. God why am I this stupid?

"Does it look like I'm joking?"I retorted.

She dropped her hand bag on the bed and glared at me "For how long have this been going on?" She asked.

I scoffed "Which part? Is it Oluchi or the weird texts or..."

"All of them!!". She cuts me off.

I have to admit, there have been a lot going on around me lately.

I inhaled and tried to clarify things, "Remember that day my mum called me?" I started.

"Can you please be more specific?" She rolled her eyes.

"After the call. I got a text a very weird one at that." I expanded.

She looked at the ceiling as if the ceiling would reveal the future to her, "Ohhh..I think I remember now. It was that day you were pissed about your sister and Abel right?" She inquired.

"Exactly!" I chirped in a not so exciting manner.

She slowly nod her head "So since then you've been getting more texts?" She asked

"Yes." I deadpanned.

"And you didn't even care to tell me?" She pushed on.

"I wasn't sure and I didn't want you bothering yourself." I clarified.

She sighed loudly, "Your head is obviously not correct, In fact your limbic system have been uprooted from your brain collection."

Even though she's trying to be funny, it doesn't stop the throbbing guilt.

"Stop joor." I chortled.

She crossed her arms against her chest and frowned, "What happened to sister's forever? What happened to no secrets? What happened to a problem shared is a problem...".

"Helen can we please focus? I have a big problem and I have no idea on how to handle it." I rubbed my temple with my finger tips.

I seriously need sharwama right now!

"Okay so now you need me. When you were busy running your mouth like tap you don't know there would be repercussions right?" She challenged.

Isn't she supposed to be giving me words of encouragement? This kind girl sef ehhnnn..

"I don't know what got into me. Now both Oluchi and Nonso hates me." I whined on like an immature.

"It's okay, we will find a way." She said

I shot her a look, "How do you plan to do that?" I questioned

"I will talk to Oluchi but you have to apologize to Nonso yourself." She deadpanned.

"No. No I can't face him." I protested.

"Then use the shortcut."

"Which is?"

"Abel of course."

"What!"
This girl is not giving me hope at all, what kind of idea is this? Talking to Abel is even worse because his mouth doesn't have a filter!.

She hissed loudly and glared at me "It's like you are not ready to settle your problem. I'll be outside waiting for you to come back to your senses." She picked up her bag and left the room leaving me to face my cause.

I can't confront Abel. We are like cat and rat,  gum and kerosene, we can't stand each other. Talk more of me meeting him for help, he would just make a caricature of me and I don't want that.

But... I'm not sure how Nonso would react if I try to talk to him. Will he ignore?
Will he give me a befitting slap?
Or better still just give me a warm hug and say it's okay?

Father Lord! Please I need your divine intervention.
Save thy face from thy hot slap of Nonso.

"Soma!!" Helen yelled from outside my room.

"I'm coming!!" I grabbed my bag and raced to the door.

I don't want to be late for embryology lecture.

****
"He's just over there." Helen said for the umpteenth time.

I looked at the group of people laughing and chatting away happily but I just couldn't bring myself to go there.

"He would slap me." I grumbled loudly

"Are you going cray cray?" She queried with scrunched face.

"No." I pouted.

"He won't slap you joor." She shoved my shoulder slightly. 

"Will you follow me?" I pleaded with my eyes.

"Did I follow you when you were running your mouth?" She asked.

"Helen!!" I stamped my foot on the ground.  

She hissed and adjusted her bag, "If you can't meet him then leave it be and don't tell me anything about it again. I'll be at the cafeteria." She stormed out of the lecture hall.

"Don't leave me!!" I ran after her and got hold of her bag but she swatted my hands away and increased her pace.

This girl is just wicked!.

I slowly walked back to the lecture hall and sat on the nearest empty chair like a meek cat.

Okay so the lecture was cancelled. Yay!

But instead of going home, I'm thinking if the various possible ways to apologize for my misdemeanor. 

I watched as their deep baritone laughter filled the air. They seemed happy.

Nonso doesn't look worried at all. He didn't even spare me a glance.

So this is it, this is how I've lost him to my sauciness.
Maybe he have been looking for this opportunity.

Maybe he's even tired of me and doesn't want to be my friend anymore.

Why on earth am I reasoning like a deranged 10 year old?

I quickly shut all the thoughts in my head, summoned courage and began walking towards their direction.
It was as if Nonso saw me approaching them and immediately stood up and left.

'Should I run after him?' I asked my inner self.

'You are in public!' She yelled back immediately.

I finally settled for the less weird solution. Abel.

He was discussing with a girl that had her arms crossed over his shoulders and the other on his chest.

"Hey." I waved and feigned a smile as I approached him.

"Hey you!" He grinned and the girl began rubbing his chest.

What's wrong with this one?.

I ignored her anyways  and focused on the important stuff.

I turned to Abel, "Errrmm... There's something I'll like to discuss with you." I stuttered.

He laughed out loud clapping his hands in a mocking manner like a market woman, "Wow! This is strange. The great and mighty know it all Soma actually wants to discuss with me." He slightly pushed the clingy girl away from him and glared at me, "Fire on." He said.

The girl was staring daggers at me but what do I care, "In private." I told him.

He grinned widely, "Hehehe... You know I love private meetings." He wiggled his brows.

"Wait! Are you going to leave me for her?" The girl cried out as she pushed her breasts forward.

Hehehe... This girl is just a character.

Abel turned to her "Did you forget your panties in your ears this morning?". He snapped and she cowered "Did you not hear her say private?" He continued.

She scrunched her face, "You know what! Fuck you!!" She stuck out her middle finger and cat walked away.

"Tonight will be perfect for that." Abel yelled back.

"Girls can never change." He muttered as I led him away.

We went to the back of the hall, "I remember very well that you gave me my first slap here." Abel said as soon as we got there.

"Abel please!" I started.

"Please what?"

"Please let's put our differences aside." I said.

"What differences?" He asked.

I sighed, "I know I may have acted rudely to you in the past but now we have something in common so we've got to put that aside." I didn't even think before talking because that sounded stupid.

He just stared at me, "You talk like you left your brain in your bag." He finally said.

Actually I think I did!

"Abel!!"

"I begged you, I pleaded for just a chance."

"Seriously!!"

He flung his arms in the air "Yes seriously. But what did you do? You called that nonentity friend of yours to embarrass me. Do you know who I am?" He narrowed his eyes.

I'll let the fact that he called Helen nonentity slide simply because I need his help.

"I'm sorry. I'm sorry that I hurt your pride." I pleaded with solemnity.

He crossed his arms against his chest and glared at me, "I'm only here because of my friend but that doesn't mean we are now besties." He said.

And I smiled innocently, "Thank you."

"What do you want?" He asked.

"Nonso is mad at me so...."

"So you need me to help you get on his good side." He interrupted.

Wow he's a mind reader too?

"Is it that obvious?" I asked curiously.

"Of course you look like a desperate fowl. You should have seen your face when he walked out."

"So he saw me and ran away." I gasped.

"Nope." He leaned against the wall, "He had something urgent to attend to."

"Ohh." I exclaimed in realization.

"So what will you give me in return?" He requested with an evil grin.

"Give you? How?" I asked with a confounded look.

"You scratch my back and I scratch yours." He continued.

Hope it isn't what I'm thinking!

"What are you planning to do?"

I'm already getting scared of his capability.

He scrunched his face, "Dude!! I'm not gonna kiss you or anything that's clearly against the bro code." He explained with detest.

"Thank goodness." I released my breath that I wasn't aware that I was holding.

"I have an assignment for you but not now anyways." That sounded like a threat.

"Errmm.. Ok" I stuttered.

"Go get your things then we can go to my house." He said and began walking away.

This human being comes with many surprises.

"Your house?" I queried.

"Nonso is my roommate dummy."

"Your roommate?"

How come I didn't know about that!

"You really need to go get your brain from your bag." He continued walking away.

"Abel!" I called and he turned.

"Thank you." I smiled, "For everything, I'm grateful."

"Yen Yen Yen.... Hurry up I've got important things to do." He  replied and I swear I saw him smile genuinely.
He also has dimples, how come I didn't realize that too!

Well I truly believe that there is sense in every nonsense.

###
I'm sorry that I took this long to update....

But alas I did.
So how do you see it?

Any comments?

Any suggestions?

Do you think Abel and Soma are now besties😄

Till next time lovelies, please don't forget to vote, comment and probably share to you friends.

Xoxo💕💕

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

285K 13.5K 46
"I know we dreamt of these things, but now it seems like your standards are too high." Adira Archibong wants to be a supermodel, but as she steps int...
38.9K 6K 51
"You don't sleep on that side, you never do. You always sleep on your right side. I know you are awake, I also know that you are angry with me. But I...
50.6K 5.5K 66
Tola Segun had just come back from a visit to her best friend's house. When she opened the door and went in, she finds her husband, Ola, lying on the...
108 45 15
Hello everyone My name is Ada and this is my story, mostly. What do you do when your boyfriend breaks up with you on your birthday when you think he...