•°From Peer to Professor°• Se...

By EmmaSalamar

(Y/N) had been friends with Severus for about 4 years when he graduated from Hogwarts. She continued her stud... More

Introduction
Prologue
Year 7
Severus?
A New Severus
Quidditch Tryouts
Tension and Detention
Quidditch Complications
1am Talk
Assignment
Champions
First Task
Dancing with Dilemmas
Yule Ball
Living Quarters
Morning
Going Home
Diagon Alley
Christmas Day
Return to Hogwarts
Second Task
Misunderstandings
Third Task
Shocking Revelations
Upcoming Birthday
Surprise
Curiosity
Trickery
Memories
Graduation
New Arrangements
Apparition
Jealousy
Unforgivable
Loss
Truth Be Told
Pleasant Evening
Unexpected
Professor
Remember
Reunion
Christmas Eve
Subsequence
Pendant
Are You Really?
Name After Name
Essentials
Elora
Nurture
-Digital Art of Severus-
History Repeats Itself
Return
Where Once We Met
All Planned Out
Inevitability
Decisions, Decisions
100,000
Many Tasks At Hand
Assurance
Prophecy
Elora Art
Falling In Love With You
Epilogue
Sequel is Out!!!
New Snape x Reader book

New Term New Teachers

4.7K 177 88
By EmmaSalamar

It's been over a week since I've updated, so I prepared an especially long chapter for you guys. Hope you all enjoy! 😊

---------------------------------------------------------

~Spinner's End - August 31st - Wednesday Evening~

Your POV:

It has been roughly a month since the date Severus took me on. I spent most of that time reading or learning new things about the Dark Arts, as requested by the Dark Lord himself. We attended roughly 2-3 meetings a week, which in my opinion was too often.

It just so happens that today was the last meeting we would be attending before Severus returned to Hogwarts. This particular meeting consisted of topics I found a bit boring, but I had to pay attention none the less. At the end of the meeting, I was expecting to just be able to leave with Severus, but before we could do so much as push our chair out, we were stopped by Lord Voldemort.

"(Y/N), Severus. Stay behind. I'd like to check in on your progress." The Dark Lord demanded.

We both remained in our seats, knowing this was most likely another routine check on my lessons.

"What new spells have you learned this week (Y/N)?" Lord Voldemort asked while gesturing towards me with his hand.

"Well, instead of learning about a spell, Severus taught me how to brew Veritaserum." I informed the Dark Lord.

"Ah yes. Veritaserum. A highly powerful potion. It was smart of you to teach (Y/N) about this potion Severus." The Dark Lord said.

Severus tilted his head forward which seemed to resemble a slight bow.

"But there are things other than lessons I'd like to discuss with the two of you." Lord Voldemort told us.

"And what might that be My Lord?" Severus inquired.

"I'm sure you've already talked to (Y/N) about the possibility of raising a child, yes?" He asked the two of us.

I didn't expect the Dark Lord to ask us this so casually, so my face was beginning to turn visibly red.

"Yes, Severus has already brought that up with me." I responded as best I could without sounding embarrassed.

"Good good... I assume you've agreed then, is that correct?" He looked between the two of us, looking for a response.

We responded on top of one another, both giving roughly the same answer, which was yes.

"Excellent.. You are both free to leave." Lord Voldemort waved his hand dismissively.

We apparated home as soon as we had stood up from our seats. My face was still displaying a light shade of pink, which Severus definitely would have noticed by now.

"You're flustered." He stated, opening his wardrobe in the process.

"No shit." I responded while folding my arms together.

Severus froze at my response for a moment before sighing and continuing to pull various clothes off of hangers. I walked over to him and wrapped my arms around his chest, pressing the side of my face into his back while sighing.

"I'm going to miss you when you're at Hogwarts." I pouted at the thought.

Severus hummed in response before continuing to rummage through the wardrobe.

"Ah, I remembered something of great importance. Let me finish putting these clothes in my suitcase, then I'll tell you what it is I remembered." Severus told me.

"Alright.." I walked over and sat down at the foot of the bed, waiting curiously for Severus to finish.

Once he did, he made his way over and sat down beside me.

"I believe this news will make you much happier once you've heard it." Severus reassured me before continuing,

"I inquired with Professor Dumbledore about two weeks ago regarding a staff opening at Hogwarts that you might be able to fill. He told me that Hogwarts has been needing an extra instructor capable of assisting or filling in for professors that may not be able to teach due to illness."

"That would be amazing! I love nearly all the subjects taught at Hogwarts. This way, I'd be able to help with a little bit of everything!" I was giddy after hearing this.

"And, you wont have to remain here all alone." Severus added.

"Mhm.." I responded before getting up to pack my belongings as well.

Nearly an hour later, we were both tired and had to go to bed to get a good night's sleep.

~Spinner's End - September 1st - Wednesday Morning~

Severus' POV:

I woke up to the feeling of the light shining in my eyes. I felt drowsy and situated myself in order to face away from the sun. (Y/N) was still resting, so I tried my best not to wake her. She currently had her arms hung loosely around my neck. I pulled her in close to warm myself up a bit. She had stolen a majority of the blanket, which left me freezing. After a couple minutes of resting my eyes, I felt (Y/N) stir.

"Mm.. Morning Severus.." She whispered sleepily.

"Good Morning (Y/N)." I replied while running my fingers through her hair.

"Do we have to get up now?" (Y/N) asked me.

"I believe we should, yes." I responded before hesitantly removing myself from our embrace.

We both took our time getting ready and making sure that everything had been packed accordingly. After having eaten breakfast, we walked upstairs to retrieve our luggage before Apparating to the Gates of Hogwarts.

~At Hogwarts~

Your POV:

It took Severus and I about 20 minutes to reach Hogwarts. I was so glad to be back. Seeing the Black Lake, the Forbidden Forest, and the Quidditch Pitch put a smile on my face. As soon as Severus and I reached the large entrance way, we were greeted by Professor Dumbledore.

"Hello Professor! It's great to see you again." I said as soon as we were in earshot of one another.

"(Y/N), I'm glad you could take up the offer. Hello to you too Severus." Professor Dumbledore greeted us.

Severus turned to Professor Dumbledore and responded,

"Good Morning Albus."

"Right, well, the two of you must be anxious to get settled before the train arrives later tonight. I myself must tend to the preparations in the Great Hall, so I'll let you, Severus, explain what it is that (Y/N) will be doing at Hogwarts this year. Or as you'll soon be addressed, Professor (Y/L/N)." Professor Dumbledore smiled at us both.

"Thank you for offering me this job Professor Dumbledore." I thanked him.

"You're very much welcome. And if you'd like, you may address me as Albus when students are not present." Professor Dumbledore said before turning to walk in the direction of the Great Hall.

Severus and I decided to drop our luggage off and began walking in the direction of the dungeons.

"Did Albus tell you where I'd be staying?" I asked him as we neared his quarters.

"Currently there are no other available rooms. Meaning that you'll be staying with me." Severus explained while unlocking the door.

"I'm glad. That means we can spend time together at the end of each school day." I smiled at him, setting my luggage down once we had entered the room.

"Indeed. Now, there are a couple things we must finish before the students arrive. I for one will be spending the majority of the day preparing this weeks potion lessons. I believe Professor Flitwick is decoration in the Great Hall. They might need an extra hand, so I suggest you head there to begin with." Severus advised me.

"Alright, I'll go check it out." I placed a quick kiss on the corner of Severus' mouth and then headed out into the corridor.

I entered the Great Hall a couple minutes later and took a good look around the place. I felt nostalgic and remembered every Grand Feast that had taken place in this very room.

"(Y/N)! What're you doin' 'ere!? I thought you'd h've graduated last year?" I heard Hagrid's booming voice echo from the end of the hall.

"Hagrid! It's great to see you! Yes, I did graduate last year, but Professor Dumbledore offered me a position here, so I accepted it." I walked over and gave him a big bear hug.

"Ah yes (Y/N)! It's wonderful to see you again! You were one of my best students after all." Professor Flitwick complimented me while continuing to levitate candles up into the air.

"Thank you. Is there anything I can do to help? There must be lots to do in the next couple hours." I asked them.

"That would be very much appreciated! If you could help me place all the floating candles, it would be finished in no time." Professor Flitwick exclaimed happily.

I got to work lighting and levitating candles. There were many other little tasks that needed to be done, such as dusting the large fireplaces and hanging up each houses banners. Around 20 minutes before the train was scheduled to arrive, Hagrid left in the direction of the Train Station with Fang. The remaining stuff gathered in the Great Hall. Each of my professors from the previous year greeted me happily. Although, there were two things I had noticed. Last years Defence Against the Dark Arts teacher, Galatea Merrythought, wasn't present. I also noticed that there was a new person I didn't recognize. A man with long, reddish brown hair and pale blue eyes stood among us. He seemed to be about my height of not a little taller.

'Hm.. maybe he's taking up the DADA position.' I pondered.

All of a sudden, the faint sound of a train whistle could be heard.

"I believe I should make my way to the entrances. The rest of you may take your seats." Professor McGonagall told us before heading out of the Great Hall.

The rest of us walked up to the Professors table and took our seats one by one. I sat in-between Severus and the man from earlier.

A sudden thought resonated in my mind.

'Some students are bound to recognize me. Will that affect what they think about me?'

I was pulled out of my thoughts by the sound of an unfamiliar voice,

"My name is Callaghan McHale. And yours is?"

I noticed a strong Irish accent present in his speech. He stretched his hand out to me and I shook it while responding,

"(Y/N) (Y/L/N). Pleasure to meet you. I'm guessing you're taking up the Defence Against the Dark Arts position is that correct?" I asked him as the first students began entering the great hall.

"That I am. And what might your position be?" He asked me.

"I don't have a specific subject to teach. I'm here mainly to assist in classes or take over for a class in the case that a Professor isn't fit to teach." I explained to him.

"Ah, that must be an exciting job. Being able to partake in a little bit of everything. You'd never get bored!" He chuckled at his own statement.

I noticed Severus rolling his eyes next to me. I elbowed Severus a bit, causing him to look at me questioningly.

"I don't think I introduced myself to you either. Who might you be?" Callaghan asked Severus.

"Severus Snape." He responded stiffly.

"Ah, I believe Professor Dumbledore mentioned you earlier. Potions Master I believe." Callaghan mused.

"That is correct." Severus replied.

Before another word could be said, the clinking of a spoon against a glass could be heard from the middle of the podium.

"Before I welcome all of you to yet another year at Hogwarts, the Sorting Ceremony must take place. First Years may enter now." With the flick of Professor Dumbledore's wand, the large doors opened to reveal a decently sized group of First Years.

Many of them we're clearly excited, others looked astonished by the Great Hall, and some seemed a bit nervous. I smiled and watched as they gathered in front of the Sorting Hat. Professor McGonagall stood next to the Sorting Hat and turned to face them.

She introduced the Sorting Hat to the First Years and then it began singing it's signature song. After that, the Ceremony began. One after the other, First Years were placed in their houses. Cheers were heard roughly every half a minute.

"If I might ask, what house are the two of you in?" I heard Callaghan ask me and Severus.

"We're both Slytherins." I responded while still facing the Sorting Ceremony.

"Ah yes, I believe I recognize the both of you now. I graduated from Hogwarts around 6 years ago." He told us.

"And what house are you in?" Severus asked him, not seeming to really care what the answer would be.

"Ravenclaw." Callaghan responded to Severus as the last First Year got sorted into their house.

As soon as the child had taken their seat, Professor Dumbledore stood at the podium once more.

"Welcome First Years, to your first year at Hogwarts. There are many things to go over before the feast begins, so I'd like to start by introducing to you all two new staff members. Firstly, I'd like to welcome your new Defence Against the Dark Arts teacher. Professor Callaghan McHale." Professor Dumbledore held his arm out in his direction.

A good round of applause was heard throughout the Great Hall before Dumbledore began speaking again,

"And as for your other new Professor. I'd like to introduce to you a recent graduate of Hogwarts, Professor (Y/N) (Y/L/N)."

Roughly the same amount of applause was heard, but along with it came some whispering as well.

'I guess some of them recognized me.' I smiled to myself.

Dumbledore continued his speech, until finally, it was time to eat. The banquet appeared in front of us and the sound of happy Hogwarts students resounded in the Hall.

~After Dinner~

Each house's Head of House, along with their respective Prefects began leading students to their dorms. As Severus left to lead the Slytherins down to their dormitory, Professor Dumbledore and Callaghan walked up to me.

"(Y/N), I wanted to inform you that for the first day of this term, you'll be assisting Callaghan in teaching Defence Against the Dark Arts. I'm sure you've already spoken at dinner." Professor Dumbledore asked us.

"Yes, we have." I responded to him.

"Good good. Well, I suggest you both get some rest. Tomorrow is your first day. Goodnight!" Professor Dumbledore told us before making his way out of the Hall.

Callaghan and I talked about things like common interests for a bit before deciding to turn in for the night.

"I look forward to working with you (Y/N). See you tomorrow." Callaghan said before leaving the Great Hall.

I began making my way down to the Dungeons and turned down the corridor that lead to Severus' quarters. Well, ours now.

I opened the door and walked in. I didn't see Severus in the main room, meaning he must be in the bedroom already. I walked in and saw him laying down on the bed with his arms folded behind his head. His eyes were closed, so he must have already fallen asleep. I opened my suitcase to grab a change of clothes and went to change in the bathroom.

I yawned as I entered the bedroom again and situated myself on the bed so that I was hugging him from the side. I sighed and closed my eyes.

"Tired?" I heard Severus voice say.

I was startled by it and sat up quickly. He chuckled at my reaction and smirked.

"I thought you were sleeping."

"I thought you knew I was awake." Severus rebutled my statement.

"Nevermind now. I just want to sleep." I said as I lay back down.

Severus pulled me closer to him and placed his arm around me while the other stayed behind his head.

"Goodnight Sev." I whispered to him.

"Goodnight (Y/N)." Severus responded with a sigh.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

261K 8K 56
Y/N Y/L/N is a shy, quiet, smart and hard-working girl who is sorted into Slytherin. Her father, Y/F/N Y/L/N, is keeping a secret from his own daught...
354K 8.8K 25
harry is now in his 5th year at Hogwarts, he has always thought that the potions Master was attractive this year Harry was more obsessed with him Wh...
48.3K 2.2K 74
Amilia Hubbard returns to Hogwarts! Harry Potter has begun his schooling! So not only does Severus Snape have to deal with the young wizard but he al...
640K 22.2K 22
{ 𝐈 𝐜𝐨𝐮𝐥𝐝 𝐟𝐞𝐞𝐥 𝐬𝐨𝐦𝐞𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐛𝐫𝐞𝐰𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐢𝐧𝐬𝐢𝐝𝐞 𝐨𝐟 𝐦𝐞. 𝐋𝐢𝐤𝐞 𝐚 𝐟𝐚𝐢𝐥𝐞𝐝 𝐩𝐨𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧, 𝐰𝐚𝐢𝐭𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐭𝐨 𝐛𝐮𝐛�...