The Sound Of Love <3

Od OurWorkOfArt

Leda loves music, and is even called the music guru. Music is her passion and love is her game. Devon thrives... Více

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
IMPORTANT

Chapter 6

117 0 0
Od OurWorkOfArt

Devon's POV

As I was setting up the sound system, the boys and I were dancing slightly on the stage to the techno music pulsing through the crowd. I scanned the crowd, and I noticed some pretty girls. I sighed, it was useless. All the girls here were pretty much trashed or they were acting like sluts. Also because IPod girl wasn't here. This upset me, but life will go on.

I looked over at Randy. He looked as if he was going to stage dive into the crowd of girls. I chuckled under my breath. He is such a horn dog. I looked back out into the crowd, waiting for my bandmates to finish up. I noticed two girls giggling, but not dancing like they were in an adult rated film. I watched them, thinking the girl with grey leggings was very adorable. I saw her face, and alarms went off in my head.

It was IPod girl!

She's here!

Don't blow this, I thought while taking in a sharp breath. I watched her, hoping she would look up. I thought of all the ways I could impress her on stage. Brad tapped me on the shoulder, signifying the band was ready.

"Check check check, 1,2,3" I called in the microphone, noticing the crowd calm. I glanced at IPod girl, and smiled. I started to shake because I was nervous.

"So we are Our Work Of Art." I called out again, and this time I felt a little more confidence. I played a few chords, hoping to impress her. All the girls in the crowd swooned.

"So any recommendations?!" I yelled into the microphone.

I heard a faint yell of My Alien, but couldn't find who said it. Then I saw her arm in the air, and I smiled to myself. I felt my pulse increase, and I felt like I was going to be sick. I tried to control my composure, and I tried to look cool.

"IPod Girl?" I whispered, and I doubted she heard. But I swore I thought I saw her head nod. Trying to regain myself, I decided to flirt with her and impress her.

"Maybe later." I replied into the microphone and winked at her. A smile forming on her beautiful lips.

I started the beginning of the song on my guitar, and the rest of my band joined in with me. The notes flowed together at the beginning of the song. Then I decided I would dedicate this song to her, because her IPod is the one that showed me this song.

"So uh I kinda met this girl. Well not really. But I kind of have her IPod. Well this song goes to her." I said smoothly into the microphone. I heard a small chorus of aws, and I sang Mindset by Every Avenue into the crowd. But mainly to her.

We finished up the playlist, and we were allowed to leave the stage. I raced down the stairs on my way to find her. I was starting to feel nervousness sinking into my gut. When I saw her, I felt like I was going to scream.

"Hey, I think we switched IPods." I said, tapping her on the shoulder.

"Oh, yeah. I am the idiot that ran into you." She smiled, and blushed. I knew she would be a blusher.

"Not an idiot. Just an adorable clutz." I responded, moving my sweaty hair out of my face. She smiled, again.

"By the way, you know some good bands. Finally someone enlightened." She remarked.

"Me enlightened? I was shocked you were! Not many people know so much music!" I exclaimed. I needed to calm myself.

"I know right!" She exclaimed as well.

"Hey, your name is Leda right?" I asked.

"Yeah, and your must be 'Devon is jammin' right?" She laughed a really pretty laugh. I think I was musically in love with this chick.

"Yeah I be jammin." I chuckled.

Brad tapped Leda on the shoulder and she spun around laughing. Her eyes got big, and she grinned. Oh, they must be together.

"Brad!!" She exclaimed as they hugged.

"Leda!!" He exclaimed mocking her high pitched voice.

"How do you know each other?" Brad asked, turning to me.

"The girl I switched IPods with." I tried not to sound hurt, or sad.

"Ah. She isn't mainstream. She's cool. Like my little sister." He said, and tried to give her a noogie, but she dodged.

"Hell no. Sugar pop is NOT my style, thank you very much." She faked being hurt.

I smiled to myself thinking how pretty she was. I needed to get a grip. Then I realized Brad was like an older brother, not a boyfriend. I smiled again thinking how awesome it is. I hope she doesn't have a boyfriend. She looked annoyed.

"Sorry I don't have your IPod with me. But here's my number. Maybe we can hang sometime?" She looked hopeful.

"Yeah. Definetely." I replied as she handed me a piece of paper with her number on it.

She walked away with her friend, and all I could help was stare.

"You got it bad for my lil sis?" Brad asked, snapping me back into reality.

"What? I don't know what you're talking about." I replied, and walked away.

The song on the speakers was one that related directly to me at that moment.

So baby keep my heart beat b-beat beat beating. And the soul reason i keep believing,

and we're gonna die like this you know oh oh oh.

Beat beat b-beat beat beating

a-beat beat b-beat beat beating

hey hey, beautiful,

the sunshine shines

oh oh so bright, aight.

Lay back ill spend the night just staring at you.

For every grain of sand,

that you drew me pictures in.

there was one for every time that my, heart,

dropped, again.

so baby keep my heart beat b-beat beat beating

and the soul reason i keep believing,

oh we're gonna die like this you know oh oh oh.

Heart, beat b-beat beat beating.

Close your eyes, don't say a word,

your way to beautiful you've heard.

The way, the way, my heart keeps beating b-b-b beating.

For every grain of sand,

that you drew me pictures in.

there was one for every time that my, heart, dropped, again.

So baby keep my heart, beat b-beat beat beating.

and the soul reason i keep believing,

oh we're gonna die like this.

You know oh oh oooohhh.

So baby keep my heart, beat b-beat beat beating,

and the soul reason i keep believing,

oh we're gonna die like this you know oh oh oh ooohhhh.

a-Beat beat b-beat beat beating

a-beat beat b-beat beat beating

So baby keep my heart... beat beat b-beat beating..

Oooohh woahh oooh..

So baby keep my heart beat b-beat beat beating,

and the soul reason i keep believing ,

oh we're gonna die like this you know oh oh ooohhh...

So baby keep my heart beat b-beat beat beating,

and the soul reason i keep believing,

oh we're gonna die like this you knoooww oh oh oooohh...

Pokračovat ve čtení

Mohlo by se ti líbit

2.1K 156 26
Music was Alana's only friend, until she started 12th grade at a new high school, and a new state. Since she switched high schools, she has had two n...
361 72 25
Music expresses that which cannot be said and on which it is impossible to be silent - Victor Hugo Warning: Rated PG-13 for violence and mention of g...
979 129 34
E.L. feels like she's terrible at everything. Even though her grades are above average, she just doesn't feel the passion, the drive that others have...
36.6K 549 52
Can a friendship really turn into something more? Or will the fear of losing that friendship completely cause two people to avoid the moment forever?