Mariano Twins

By IzzzyMonster

When his sister, Liz gives up Luke takes in her kids. Yes. Kids. The seventeen year old Mariano twins. How wi... More

The Mariano Twins
Growing up and Giving Up
Welcome... Home?
Bookstore and Lorelai
Dinner and a Fight
School
Debutante Balls and Diner Downs
Special Issues
Panic Attacks & Plays
Fight & Bracebridge Dinner
Sneaking, Smoking & Snowman
Pep Rallies and Paris
Basket O' Fun
Gazebo Date, Party of Three
Chaos and Pancakes
Tiny TV & More Chaos
Apartments & Sledge Hammers
Renovations & Deliveries
Dinner Dates and Debates
Funerals
Talks and Crashes
Get Away & Run Away
New York Adventures
Journey Back
Returns, Rides, & Kisses
New Boos and Birthdays
Washington, First Days & Sports
Breakfast & Soda Shops
Talks & Closets
Babies and... Services?
Dance Marathon
Newer Boos & Volleyboll
Thanksgiving
Carnivals
Date?
Breaking The News & Break Plans
Date
Phone Calls
New Years
Fishing Dates
Orders, Agreements, Miss Patty
Date and Swans
Hockey
Markets & Envelopes
Colleges & Poes
Fire Freakout
Decisions
Celebrations
Office Visits
Parties
Headache & Phone Calls
Funerals & Proposals
Jess, Jo and... Jimmy
Chilton Graduation
Congratulations Rory
Stars Hollow High Graduation
Speeches and Diplomas
AN -Sequel-

Nice Day for a Dip & New Rules

9.2K 211 6
By IzzzyMonster

Jo's POV 

I freeze, shocked, and Luke continues on, not even a glance back. Jess pops back up pushing his dripping hair from his face.

At first he doesn't look angry, only as shocked as me, then his scowl quickly returns to his face. My shocked face turned into a grin and I accidentally let out a giggle.

I cover my mouth still smiling as he shoots his glare in my direction. I put my hands up.

"I'm sorry. Just-," I cut myself off laughing again.

"I'm sorry. I'm sorry, really. Here," I drop my backpack and bend down a bit, giving him a hand to get out.

He smirks at me and before I can react he drops both of my hands and yanks me forward. I, much like my brother, fall head first into the water.

The only difference being the high pitch scream that left me before I submerged into the water. I'm able to get my feet under me and I stand.

I push my hair from my face and glare at him.

"That wasn't very nice. You deserved to go in the lake."

Where as the water hit his hips, it hit about my waist. He reached for his back pocket before looking down.

He dips back into the water and pulls out the books he lost.

"My book is wet," he grumbles.

"That's my book, ass."

He reaches for me.

"Here."

I let him grab me. He puts his hands on my hips and lifts me onto the edge of the bridge. I help pull him up.

We trudge to the diner, still dripping wet. As we make it through town we pass a group of boys from school. When they see me they start pointing and laughing.

I don't understand. As Jess passed they stared, but they didn't laugh. I look down and realize what they are laughing at.

The outfit I picked today was a pair of black overall shorts, a white t-shirt and my black boots. My dip in the lake caused my shirt to cling to my body, becoming completely see through.

I didn't think twice about putting on my yellow bra this morning, but I'm regretting it now that it's bright color is easily noticeable and on full display.

My face grows warm and I pull my arms up to cover my chest.

"Um, Jess," my voice is shaky.

"What," he asks, not picking up on my tone.

"Jess," I breath quickens a bit.

He turns to me and follows my eyes before looking back at me. He wraps his arm around me, taking my bag from my hand.

"Get lost," he yells, glaring at them.

"Just enjoying the show," one yells back.

I feel his grip tighten a bit.

"Don't," I tell him, trying to keep him from punching one of them.

He leads me the rest of the way to the diner. We go upstairs, trying very hard to avoid eye contact with any customers.

We dry off and change. Jess settles in doing Jess things, and I do my homework.

--

Luke comes in. I'm reading and Jess is smoking. Luke goes over to him and starts going through the bag in his hand.

"Okay. We got the patch, the gum, hypnosis tapes, chinese herbs, self-help books, and several pictures of diseased lungs to hang on the fridge. Pretty, huh? This is done," he says, taking the cigarette from Jess's mouth.

"Hey!" Jess yells.

"You will get up, you will go to school, you will come home. You will work in the diner until closing, you will do your homework, then you will go to bed. Where's the gnome?"

"The what?" Jess asks, playing dumb.

"You stole a gnome?" I ask.

"Weekends are for chores, and selected preapproved outings, I.E. kabala studies, freeway beautification projects, pottery painting- all discussable options."

He says all this while looking around the apartment until he opens the closet and pulls out what I recognize to be Babbet's gnome.

"You will not steal. You will pay back Taylor Doose, you will graduate from high school, and you will return Pierpon to his yard."

"You can't just-" Luke cuts Jess off.

"I can just. I am not letting you two fall off the face of the earth. You will not drift. I won't let it happen. Now, I don't know if this is the right way to handle this, but this is the way it's being handled, and that my friend is the end of this discussion," Luke finishes.

There is a pause and then Jess grabs his jacket and stands, walking to the door.

"Where are you going?" Luke asks.

"Out," Jess replies.

Luke signs when the door closes.

"Well, at least I asked."

"Monster stole Pierpon," I mumble.

I stand up and walk up next to Luke, holding my hands out.

"May I take him home?" I ask.

"Um, sure. Here."

He hands the gnome to me. I grab my bag containing a book, my keys, and my last pack of smokes, heading for the door.

"Be back in time to do your homework," he says.

"Already done."

"Alright, be back to help close then."

"Okay."

I open the door.

"Wait," he says, stopping me.

I turn to look at him. He looks like he's thinking for a second before holding his hand out.

"Give 'em," he says.

"Give what?" I ask.

"You know what."

I sigh.

"Please, Uncle Luke. They help keep me calm," I try.

They do. He walks over to the pile of stuff he gave Jess and walks back over to me.

"Give me," he repeats.

I pout, reaching into my bag, pulling out the pack of cigarettes. I drop them in his hand and he replaces them with the gum he bought.

"No more. Got it?"

I just nod, still pouting. He steps forward, and gives me a kiss on the forehead.

"Now, take your friend home," he tells me.

I give him a smile and head to Babette's.

\\AN// -- All grammar, punctuation, and spelling corrections are helpful, encouraged, and greatly appreciated. 

Thank you 

-- Izzy

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

611K 13.9K 132
Heather Gilmore is Rory Gilmore's twin sister, who is one of Stars Hollow's most loved along with her sister. She finds herself intrigued by the new...
63.1K 2.4K 21
Matilda Hayden grew up with her father in the Elite Upper Class of Boston, and she quite enjoyed her life- thank you very much. She didn't have many...
13.9K 354 13
"See you later Westely" "As you wish,darlin" ------------------------ Jess Mariano has just moved to the small town of Stars Hallow where he...
350K 9.8K 43
She was the perfect small town girl. She was smart, kind, and polite to everyone she met. But she had big dreams, dreams that went far beyond the tow...