Run with ME! (Haiji Kiyose X...

Oleh YukoZuo

A 3rd year Health Science's student who enrolled in Kansei University have living her normal life quite the s... Lebih Banyak

Morning Jog
Chikusei-so
Track and Field Club
New Sparks
First Training
Yaokatsu
Her Past
Friends?
Future Job
Reality
Iwatobi
Honest Confession
My Story
Training Camp
A Little Bit Different
Another Chance
Ouji Conquered Time!
Pray
Win and Then...?
Answer
The Beginning
The Middle (Part 1)
The Middle (Part 2)
The Ending
After Story
The Match and The Deal
Nira's Story
Bonus (Part 1)
Bonus (Part 2)
Married Arc (Part 1)
Married Arc (Part 2)

Rank

215 12 1
Oleh YukoZuo

My eyes bore straight towards the black-haired freshmen. Lately, he has been hanging out in Ouji's room to read manga. And now, he's trying hard to work on Ouji's stance in running. Clicking my tongue, I grit my teeth at the thought of Kakeru's intention. Just what he is after? That Kakeru-kun...

"U-um, (Y/N)-san... you give off a dark aura somehow and... your face is becoming scarier..", Shindou spoke beside me. I didn't answer as my hand clenched tightly on the grasses.

"A-are you okay, (Y/N)-san?", Musa asked in concern. I whip my head sharply at both of them, sitting beside my right. Their shoulder jumped in shocked.

"Why? Why do I feel like Kakeru-kun has ranked ahead of me?!", I shouted as my finger pointed towards Kakeru who was giving advice to Ouji.

"Eh?", both of them asked simultaneously.

"I noticed that Kakeru-kun has been hanging out a lot with Ouji-senpai and he's also giving advice to Ouji-senpai. And Ouji-senpai's form also improved a lot too! When I think about how I can't come up with such an idea... I feel like my rank has gone down! And it's Kakeru-kun who replaced me. Even though I have known Ouji-senpai longer than him... I-I failed as his student!", my knees drop down to the ground as I grip on the grasses. I shut my eyes in embarrassment of my incapabilities of helping Ouji in running. I apologized, Ouji-senpai! Your student has failed to support you...!

Without me knowing, everyone had their attention to me and they totally sweat dropped at my confession. As I was grieving my mistake, a slow footsteps approached me. I look up to see Ouji's blank expression. Though his face is more clear since he started tying his hair and clipped his long bangs whenever he's running.

"(Y/N)-san, don't apologise at a mistake that you didn't commit. Your presence as a Manga Club's member is enough to support me. We can read manga together after this hell-like-practice is over", Ouji said in his usual tone. My eyes sparkled at the tearful speech from Ouji. Picking myself up and standing straight.

"Yes, Ouji-senpai! Let's go back and read manga after this!", I punched my fist to the air in excitement. Ouji nodded in reply.

While the guys...

"Is this some kind of manga scene?", Yuki asked, pointing towards me and Ouji.

"Beat me... I don't get all this manga talk", Nico-chan shrugged his shoulder.

"As expected from the Manga Club...", King sighed.

"Ahahahaha", Musa and Shindou chuckled.

"D-did I do something wrong?", Kakeru asked nervously.

"No, I think that means you have matched your pace with Ouji. (Y/N)-san also seems to notice it", Haiji smiled at Kakeru who had a troubled face, watching the dramatic scene.

"I don't get it but-", Joji trailed.

"I'm sure it's a good thing!", Jota continued.

🍃

Walking along the shopping district, I glance up to the sky. It's been raining lately, was it always rainy at this time of month? My mind starts to wander on how their practice has been going. Due to the rainy weather, I haven't joined their practice since things might get hard around Nii-san's store. I would also like to prevent any disturbance in my schedule. For example, it is quite hard to move around in the rain and it will delay my college and house chores. Sighing, I scratch my scalp in frustration. Works always piled up before summer break... I hate how cliche the lecturers can be--eh?

"That is... Shindou-san?", I stopped at the corner of a shop. Through the window, I could see Shindou and a woman I've never met before. They were talking when Shindou lowered his head. My brain told me not to interfere with whatever they are talking about but I can't deny my heart. The women then get up and leave the cafe, leaving Shindou who still has the dejected face. About a minute later, he then stood up and walked out of the cafe. I become nervous when I see that he starts walking forwards, where I am visible around his line of sight. This is bad, I've gotta walk away fast!

Being the clumsy person I am when nervous, I accidentally tripped on the trash can nearby. "Ouch!", I exclaimed spontaneously, as the pain shot from my toes.

"(Y/N)-san, are you okay?!", Shindou approached me with worry.

"A-ahh, Shindou-san! Yes yes, I'm fine. It's just a small typical bumping ahahah", I laughed awkwardly, brushing off my nervous face.

"Did you saw? The person I'm with before?", Shindou asked, smiling sadly. It seems he has figured out my lack of acting skill. Man... why can't I act better like covering my expression...

"You knew? Ahahahahh... I just saw you, that's all! I don't intend to interfere in your business at all, Shindou-san", I explained, afraid he might get the wrong idea.

"No, it's fine. We already broke up, there's nothing between us anymore...", he said in a sad tone, looking down. My eyebrows knitted in trouble.

"E-err... I don't know how it feels after a broke up but I do know how to cheer you up!", I beamed up at him.

"Eh?", he looks up to me in surprise. Grinning, I fish out my pen from my bag. Taking his hand, he tense up at my sudden action. "Wh-what are you writing on my hand, (Y/N)-san..?", Shindou questioned but I didn't reply as I continued scribbling something on his left palm.

"Okay, done!", I said, smiling in content at the result. He looked at his left hand to see a simple drawing of his smiling face in chibi version with some words written beside it.

"I am... strong", he read it out loud.

"Yeah, I think people who broke up are strong because they have done their best for their partner even if they broke up in the end. And you're one of them too, Shindou-san!", I said, grinning at him. A smile formed on his lips.

"Thank you, (Y/N)-san. I'm sure you'll be a great girlfriend for your partner someday", Shindou smiled gently.

"What are you talking about? I've never been in such a relationship", I chuckled at his words. "Oh, you've got practice right? That ink is water-based so don't worry. Sorry to use up your time. Then, I'll go first. Bye bye, Shindou-san!", I immediately rushed off after waving goodbye to Shindou. I have to catch the bus since my scooter was sent off to the workshop due to some problem. It's true, I have heard many times from my classmates how painful it is to break up. Even if I never felt how painful it is, I know how it feels to not have your beloved person by your side. Especially if that person is no longer here.

🍃

Lounging in the living room peacefully, I shut my eyes as I let my body relax into the soft and comfy couch. Finally... a peace of mind after the whole packed weeks of exam and assignment. Summer break begins next week and thankfully I have no classes until the holiday starts.

"Man... I like how kind the lecturers are to give us an early holiday~", I sighed in relief, thanking the lecturers of the Science Health Department. The lecturers always give us an early start of holiday after those piles of assignments in the previous hell-week. Maybe because most of them are seniors that they are used to the students' mood. Then, a thought crossed my mind as I remembered Hana's news when we were having dinner.

"That'd left Nico-chan Senpai, King-san and Ouji-senpai to get their official record. Based on what Haiji-san said, there are three more meets. King-san and Nico-chan Senpai have their chance for the next meet as their times have constantly improved but Ouji-senpai...", I muttered and flick my eyes open only to meet with a pair of dark-brown eyes staring down at me.

"G-GARRGHH!", I yelped in surprise and jumped off the couch, almost stumbling down the floor. A loud laughter erupted from the unkept-haired man. I rolled my eyes and sighed, sitting back on the couch.

"Your head filled with the Aotake guys. Even in your sleep huh, ahahah!", my brother laughed and sat on the single couch. My arm crossed, huffing a bit.

"I am not sleeping, and I just kind of wonder how they are doing. I haven't joined them lately with the rainy season and all", I explained.

"Ahh...now that you mentioned it, there was a man asking me about them back at the shop. It seems he's also approached them at the Tokyo Sport Uni, Hana said it might be a reporter", Nii-san said. My eyebrows rose in curiosity. Reporter always left a bad taste in my mouth. Then, my phone suddenly rang off while vibrating on the table. Nii-san nodded as a sign to let me answer it. Reading the caller ID, I click on the answer button.

"Yes Senpai, this is (Y/N)", I said, leaning on the couch.

"Sorry if I disturb you but can I ask for a request?", she asked through the phone and I hummed in response. "One of the helpers from my group canceled on her presence for an upcoming event this October. It's a sport-running event. Have you ever heard of Hakone qualifiers? It's a big event and I have to register the staff's name last by tomorrow. You're the only one that comes to mind. Please, (Y/N)!", Senpai pleaded, as if I could imagine her bowing her head.

"That sounds like a good experience. Okay, I'll sign up for it", I agreed on her request.

"Thank you so much, (Y/N)! You always saved me. Then, I'll give them your contact so you can join the group. You'll be in the Emergency and Aid Unit", she informed happily.

"Understood, don't worry too much Senpai. I like to take some jobs sometimes", I chuckled lightly.

"Hehehe, as expected from (Y/N)! Then, good night and have a nice summer break!", she replied with a short 'good night' and ended the call.

"Did you take on a job again?", Nii-san asked as he switched on the TV.

"No no, it's not exactly like a job. More like a... helper for an event", I answered. My brother gave me a look of concern, the same he would do when I did something on my own without asking his consent. "Don't worry, I'm not going to do any job this summer. I said it before right? I'll enjoy this summer to my fullest so stop giving me that distrustful look", I smiled to reassure him.

"O-ohh, did I? Then, I'll trust you with those words!", Nii-san grinned widely. I chuckled at his funny personality.

"Then, I'll head to my room first. Goodnight, Nii-san", I get up and walk out of the living room. Brother replied back as he continued watching the TV. As I shut the door of my bedroom, a sad smile formed on my lips.

"A nice summer break huh? Been a while since I have one...", I mumbled as I looked up to the ceiling. Summer is the season I lost my spark though...

🍂

Summer is always the awaited season for most people. Having a break in the hot season with family and friends is the best memory everyone wants to make. Well, I'm sure there are other people out there who have the same feelings as mine. Summer is the same as other seasons. Nothing changed. Either when I have my parents or not but it is different when they are gone. Usually, I would spend my summer in the pool to train more and it's the season where most swimming competitions would be held.

Now that my parents are gone and I quit swimming, I spent the last two years of summer doing a part-time job. Mostly because I want to save some money for the rent and other necessities. My brother does give me some allowance since he felt responsible as my guardian. I didn't reject his support as I know how sincerely he is and it would make him more worried. He didn't know I hadn't used a single yen of his money though. Well, I'll save it for the future.

"Okay, I'll allow you to work for now but no more work allowed when you come and live with us", was what Nii-san said when he found out I have been working during the summer break. Knowing his sincere intention, I marked his words.

"I'm always here for you, don't hesitate to tell me anything okay!", was what he would say on the day of my parents' death anniversary.

"Got it, thank you Nii-san. I'm fine, you don't have to worry", was what I always replied with a smile.

On that day, I always visit their grave in Yokohama while taking a stroll around the familiar area for a whole day. That is how I show my gratitude to my parents. Indulging myself in those past memories alone, avoiding any contact with the swimming pool area, and keeping a smile as the time passed by slowly. That one whole day is the only day I let myself be swept away by my own loneliness.

🍂

"Mann... what's with this unbearable heat... I'm drying inside but sweating outside...", I grumbled lowly as I practically drenched myself in sweat. Sitting lazily on the chair in front of the counter, I keep fanning myself with the hand fan even though there is an electric fan obviously on at my side. I came to help take care of the store while my brother went off to take some goods. Hana has gone out to do her summer homework with her friends and I willingly take the cashier spot. Got to help the family too.

"...but the temperature today is way too high... I might die", I groaned, sweat dripping off my neck. After a few minutes of my groaning, someone came rushing inside the store. I stand up to greet the customer as I still hang my head up to the ceiling.

"Welcome-", I was about to open my eyes when there's a sudden pull of a hand on my wrist. I didn't have any time to register the situation when the person suddenly shouted.

"(Y/N)-san, let's go on a summer training camp!", Haiji shouted with his usual grin. I blinked at his sudden invitation. "You're not going to die in this heat, we'll go to Lake Shirakaba!", he pumped out even more, speaking out his idea.

"Eh? Wait, Lake Shirakaba? What's camp-", I asked, still in confusion.

"Then, I'll see you tomorrow! Pack up your necessities stuff for the camp!", with that, he left the store, running along the street. My face is still blank as my mind is still registering what Haiji just said.

.

.

.

"Training camp at Lake Shirakaba? Tomorrow? EEHHH??!"

Lanjutkan Membaca

Kamu Akan Menyukai Ini

424K 16.2K 39
he wanted to protect her like his own baby fox, and he made sure to do it right. ~ L/n Y/n. A germaphobe that's loaded with therapies during the week...
6.7K 326 41
With Haiji Kiyose in his final year of University, it's his last chance to run in the Hakone Ekiden. Luckily, it doesn't take him too long to convinc...
1.3K 62 47
Hey hey hey!! Glad to see you back! If you haven't read the first part, it's in my profile. Here's a link for those lazy to find it: https://www.watt...
89.6K 3.9K 35
Running into eachother. Watching their smile grow for eachother. Falling in love. It was never to be expected. Y/n l/n is a first year at Tokyo Unive...