Another Chance

THIRD PERSON POV
Rustle of the mattress could be heard in the room as the older teenager tidied up her futon. Hana is still sleeping soundly in her own futon. Having her morning routine done, she then made her way downstairs with a fresh new set of attire for the day. Passing by her brother with a morning greeting, she continues making her way to the ground area where the guys are already assembled.

"Good morning guys", she greeted the guys which they replied either by a nod or a smile. No one asked her presence in their meeting since it has become a norm for (Y/N) to be with them. She gives off a reassuring presence. Sitting on the flat rock, she face sideways beside the small, clear river.

"I'll sit here, Kakeru-kun", (Y/N) gives Kakeru a nod which he replies back. Then he faced the guys that were sitting in a circle.

Kakeru began his story about how he despised his old clubroom, the forceful coach who only thought for himself, and his repulsive behaviour in his third year. Listening to his uncertain confession of staying with the guys in the club, (Y/N)'s heart twinged in an instant. Inside her mind, she was confused why Kakeru had to feel so guilty and uncertain when all she could see from the guys was a pure intention of being a friend. Something that she rarely had.

"Hey, we've already started running", Yuki interfered while rubbing his nape.

"We won't let you bail on us now", Nico-chan Senpai added.

"They're right. If anything, I'm glad to know. Thanks for telling us", Shindou said in his gentle voice.

"We more or less already knew that you tend to act before you speak", King said.

"If anything, I can't believe you were worried about that", Ouji said with a gesture.

"Yeah", the twin agreed.

"Kakeru, I really like you. Don't the rest of you?", Musa admitted casually. Jota and Joji agreed while King embarrassedly commented on how hard to admit it face to face. By now, Kakeru's face is in pure shock. Haiji also went up and told him how he was captivated by Kakeru's running. But, even now he still cannot find the answer to his own question. What does it mean by running?

(Y/N)'S POV
"Don't you feel the same way?", Haiji asked Kakeru. His face turned to one of a realization. Somehow, everyone ended up standing while confessing their heart out. I glanced up to see each of the guys face. There's not an inch of hesitation in their words. They are speaking their true feelings, and Kakeru finally understands it. Watching Kakeru standing up with his final resolution, my lips curved upward when the only thing I can see is... Resonance. Aotake are finally in the same resonance. They are even brighter than before. Not because of the ray from the rising sun but because of their feelings. They share the same goal. I see, now I understand what Haiji-san said...

With a soft sigh, I get up and dust myself off of the dirt. I give a nod to my brother who is watching us the entire time. He nodded back with a smile. On cue of me crossing the stream, he yelled out to the boys. "Hey! Breakfast is getting cold!", he yelled loudly.

"We'll be right there!", Haiji replied.

"All right, that concludes our meeting", Yuki announced while glancing back to where I sat. "Huh-where is (Y/N)-san?", he questioned with his eyes trailing around to search for my presence. "Hey- you went ahead first?!", he exclaimed when he spotted my treating figure already nearing the stairs of the cabin. Hearing his loud yelling, I just gave him a wave with a poker face. Obviously ignoring his yelling on my early head-start.

"Wait for us (Y/N)-san!", Musa yelled with a wide smile, heading towards the other side.

"Don't start breakfast without us!", King continued, crossing the stream. Shindou let out a laugh.