One {Mark Sloan}

Від Alteate

"Every time your heart is broken, a doorway cracks open to a world full of new beginnings, new opportunities... Більше

Prologue
The Push
Beginning
Mess
Syria
My Only Family
Staying Alive
Prom Queen
What I Am
Friends
M&M
Over
Ashes
Planting a Seed
Fighters
Death Wish
The Feeling Of Suffocation
The Chief of Surgery
Toxins
The Past
OPINIONS
Daphnie Miller
The right decision
The Man
Reyansh Deo
Time After Time
Intern Exam
The Date
Hangout Spot
Drunk Mark
Soft Kitty, Warm Kitty
Nara
Meet the Fosters
Miss Grumpy
COVERS PART 2
A Change is Gonna Come
Happy Birthday
Big Boys
Downfall Of Arrogance
To Die Or Not To Die
Hurricane Amelia
Sane Advice
The Art Of Lookin'
Bridal Fights
Stronger
Pushy And Rude
Daddy Issues
Unlucky
Without You
Turning A New Page
Flattery
The Birthday Party
New Rules
Like Me Better
Begin Again
Everything Has Changed
Mark and Ren
Mama Shepherd
Still on My Brain
Happy Ending
Come Together
Slipping into Darkness
Stand By Me
The People That We Love
Let Us Move On
Should I Or Should I Not?
Hell Of A Life
This Wedding Day
An Authors Note
Author's Note
Future Nostalgia
Cold As Ice
Gone Too Soon
Powerless
Wrong Call

Agree To Disagree

3.3K 117 13
Від Alteate

"Derek, you said you have a plan for Izzie Stevens, what's the plan?"

Derek looked up to see Renee standing there, a hand on her hip and a serious expression on her face, he straightened up and pushed a file towards the nurses before gesturing to the nearest reading room. He put up screens of Izzie's scans and pointed to the hippocampus before looking back at Renee.

"You want to remove her Hippocampus?" Renee asked.

"Yes, one of them. It's a common procedure for seizure patients,"

"Yes, it might be a common procedure but doesn't mean it's not dangerous. She could lose her memory, she could lose her speech, Derek,"

"I have performed this surgery hundreds of times," he said.

"Not on cancer patients, what if she loses her memory, how will she perform medicine?"

Derek didn't say anything as they exited the room and walked towards Izzie's room. Izzie was now bald, she had decided to shave her head before chemo takes her hair away, and had decided to cover her head with pretty scarfs. Renee greeted Rebecca who was standing by the door before they entered inside and stood near Izzie's head and Derek proceeded to explain what the surgery will be. Rebecca opposed Derek's idea but this time Renee was in support of the oncologist, there had been patients before who had MET's shrunk with the help of IL-2 even though they take time.

"If you do the surgery, I could lose my memory?" Izzie asked.

"It's unlikely, but it's possible," Derek said.

"And if you don't do the surgery?"

"We could shrink the tumor with IL-2,"

"If the tumor doesn't kill me first,"

"Why take the chance?

"Have you even done a Wada test to see how her memory would be affected?"

"Putting her brain to sleep and asking her to remember a bunch of flashcards is not an accurate assessment of the post-surgical outcome,"

"-but it would tell us whether or not she could function afterwards, And as Dr. Stevens' primary physician..." Renee interrupted Derek.

"Fine, I'll do it. it's unnecessary..." he replied to which Renee replied.

"The surgery is unnecessary,"

"The tumor's already symptomatic. She's having hallucinations,"

"Yang, you paged?"

Renee found Christina along with Meredith in a room with a bunch of scans in front of them, she was quite surprised when Cristina had paged her, they all knew that the resident was more than capable of taking decisions. Meredith gave her a smile as Renee closed the door behind her and stood there with her hands in her pcokets and waited for Christina to talk.

"These are Alison Clark's scans, she had MET's in her brain, liver and kidneys just like Izzie, the MET's shrunk down but they came back but then they shrunk back down again,"

"What are you trying to say Yang?"

"This surgery is dangerous, there are multiple things which could go wrong,"

"It's impressive, but it took two years to get these results," Meredith said.

"Yeah, but these two scans were taken three months apart,"

"But Izzie may not have three months. That tumor could start bleeding in three days or three seconds. And since when are you not about cutting?" Meredith asked.

"Since it may not be in the best interest of our patient,"

"And Derek's not acting in Izzie's best interest?"

"They're ready for us in radiology,"

Renee and Rebecca stood with their arms folded as they watched Izzie undergo the Wada test, it was an extensive procedure where Derek would see which side of Izzie's brain control the language and the memory. It would help them tell how will Derek perform the surgery and if he could be able to perform the surgery, Renee hadn't seen the Wada procedure being performed before, it was new for her and it was exciting.

"Okay, Iz, I am going to show you a series..."

"A series of images that you want me to try to remember once Derek puts the right side of my brain to sleep,"

"Mm-hmm,"

"Hit me. Show me what you got. okay,"

"Is that a schnauzer or a scottie? How specific do I need to be?" Izzie asks as Renee chuckles.

"Dog's fine,"

"It's either a 727 or a 747,"

"Plane,"

"Ooh, a 2-story victorian mansion,"

"We would also accept the word "house.""

"Schnauzer, 747, mansion. Schnauzer, 747, mansion."

"Or dog, plane, house. I'm gonna put the right hemisphere of your brain to sleep now, okay?"

"Dog, plane, house. dog, plane, house. Dog, plane, house. Dog, plane, house. dog, plane, house. Dog, plane, house. Dog, plane, house."

"Okay, now we just wait for the brain activity In that area to stop,"

"Dog, plane, house. dog, plane...H...The monitor beeps.

"Okay, Iz. can you tell me what you saw?"

"Show her the cards. Um ... what's this? Dog. Can you say dog?" Izzie tried to speak but she couldn't say anything, Renee took a deep breath, this was not good and she could see the panic building in the room as Meredith desperately tried to make Izzie speak.

"What's my name?"

"Just stick to the cards, Meredith,"

"M ..."

"Meredith. You know my name. You can say my name,"

"M ..."

"This is what i was afraid of."

"Okay, who's Alex? Iz, okay, you don't have to speak. Just nod your head for me if you know who Alex Karev is."

Izzie didn't nod her head.

"Derek, Izzie can't have the surgery. I will not permit you to perform surgery on her,"

"You can't tell me what to do,"

Mark woke up to this when he was trying to take a good nap, he had been looking for houses the entire night but he couldn't gather the courage to ask Renee to move in with him, the last time they were going to move him, he had screwed everything up. This time, he was sure he wasn't going to screw things up, but he needed to find a place good enough for both of them and Ilaira who was now picking up on his swear words.

"I will tell you what to do when it comes to the best care for my patients,"

"What's going on here?" Mark tried to intervene but was quickly shut up by their glares.

"Izzie is my patient too and one of my friends here, I know what's good for her,"

"You're letting your friendship come in between your decision of what is right and what is not,"

"Renee, do not tell me how to do my job,"

"I will tell you how to do your job because right now you're not doing it,"

"The surgery will be beneficial,"

"This surgery can make her lose what makes her....her. You saw how she reacted, she couldn't even remember Meredith or Alex. What happens if you botch it?"

"I am not going to botch it,"

"Can you people tell me what happened?" Mark asked, his hands on his hips as he looked between the two.

"We performed Wabe procedure on Izzie," Derek said.

"Tell him the complete thing. Izzie couldn't remember who Meredith was or who Alex was, she couldn't even remember how to speak. Yet, Derek's here suggesting that we should go ahead with the surgery,"

"Because the result of the Wabe procedure doesn't reflect on what the outcome of the surgery will be,"

"You don't know that,"

"I think Derek's right," Mark said.

"What?!"

"Stevens has a better chance to live with the surgery,"

"Ha!!" Derek said.

"I can't believe you,"

"I am just saying the truth, Ren,"

"See, I always knew you were my best friend," Derek said before leaving the room. Mark slowly turned to Renee who had her eyes narrowed at him, he was slightly terrified of what was going to come next.

"I am sorry, Ren but Stevens-"

"No sex for you,"

"But-"

"For an entire month,"

"Now, that's just unfair,"

AN: So... what's a nickname for Madeline??

Продовжити читання

Вам також сподобається

36K 941 33
AU: Derek cheats on Meredith after their argument about the Alzheimer's trial. Meredith couldn't bare Seattle anymore, seeing him every day - leavin...
1.5K 48 7
ㅤㅤ✧ ⋆ ࣪. ゚₊ 𝒎𝒆𝒆𝒕 𝒎𝒆 𝒊𝒏 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒑𝒐𝒖𝒓𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝒓𝒂𝒊𝒏, 𝒌𝒊𝒔𝒔 𝒎𝒆 𝒐𝒏 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒔𝒊𝒅𝒆𝒘𝒂𝒍𝒌, 𝒕𝒂𝒌𝒆 𝒂𝒘𝒂𝒚 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒑𝒂𝒊𝒏 when...
2K 173 5
𝙶𝚁𝙴𝚈'𝚂 𝙰𝙽𝙰𝚃𝙾𝙼𝚈 𝙵𝙰𝙽𝙵𝙸𝙲𝚃𝙸𝙾𝙽 𝙱𝙾𝙾𝙺 𝙾𝙽𝙴 𝙸𝙽 𝚃𝙷𝙴 '𝙸𝙻𝙻𝙸𝙲𝙸𝚃 𝙰𝙵𝙵𝙰𝙸𝚁𝚂' 𝙳𝚄𝙾𝙻𝙾𝙶𝚈 𝙸𝙽 𝚆𝙷𝙸𝙲𝙷 𝚃𝙷𝙴 𝙱�...
Mo grá Від Leah

Боєвики

29.2K 434 42
We often think, if we could change the past, We would be happy, content, no regrets. But changing past mistakes, only opens the door, For new and...