𝐏𝐥𝐚𝐲𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐆𝐚𝐦𝐞𝐬 ||...

By maikolsedges

"You been actin' kinda shady, you ain't been callin' me baby. Boy you can go and stop playing games, playing... More

cast and a/n
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 15
Chapter 16

Chapter 14

223 12 116
By maikolsedges

KEHLANI'S POV

I woke up, confused as to where I was. My eyes shifted from left to right and I quickly remembered that I was in Michael's room. I sat up in the bed and let out a yawn.

I grabbed my phone to check the time. It's 7:46 am. Knowing I wasn't gonna go back to sleep anytime soon, I got up from the bed and walked out of the room.

I walked towards the kitchen and I couldn't get to the kitchen without out passing the living room, which is where Michael is sleeping. I offered to sleep on the couch, but he insisted for me to sleep in his bedroom, so I did. I kinda felt bad, but not really.

I walked inside the kitchen and went to the refrigerator to grab a bottle of water.

"Why you up so early?" I heard Michael's tired voice behind me and I turned around while taking a sip of water.

"So I can get water." I sarcastically pursed my lips.

It was silent between the two of us and it was an awkward silence. I don't know why it was awkward, but it was awkward.

I wanted to say something, but I didn't know what to say so I just walked back into the room.

I sat down on the bed and grabbed my phone off the nightstand next to it. I scrolled through text messages that were exchanged throughout the night and went through my social media. As I was doing that, Michael walked in the room and went through his closet and grabbed some clothes to put on.

"Where you goin'?" I asked looking up at him.

"I gotta run some errands."

'At seven, almost eight, in the morning? Okay.' "Can I come with you? I don't have anything to do, so I'mma be bored." I asked as he walked towards the door, getting ready to walk back out.

"Nah, you can't come." He shook his head. "Why not?" I questioned and he stopped and looked at me.

"'Cause I said so. Stop askin' questions." He commanded and I smacked my teeth and looked back down at my phone. He walked out of the room and about five minutes later, I heard the front door closed.

"I shoulda asked more questions just to irritate him." I said to myself before I dramatically huffed and sat my phone back on the nightstand and lied back down on the bed. I started to think about everything that happened in the past two weeks. I went from finding out Michael possibly got a girl pregnant to me staying in his apartment for a few days.

Shits crazy.

I stared up at the ceiling fan as I was still in deep thought. All the events that happened yesterday came into mind, including that kiss. I didn't know whether to cringe or smile about the kiss, but it's not like I didn't like it.

It was my first kiss-my first kiss was really in kindergarten, but we're not gonna talk about that.

Hearing my notifications on my phone continuously go off, I sat back up and and grabbed it. I saw unread messages in the group chat I'm in with Isabella and them.

They were talking about getting breakfast somewhere and I texted and said that I'll go too. I don't have anything else to do so I might as well.

I brushed my teeth, got dressed, and left my hair in the messy, but neat bun it was in. I grabbed my phone off the nightstand and walked out of the apartment. It was cold as hell outside and it was almost March.

Once I saw Isabella's car in the parking lot of the apartment complex, I hurried up and got in.

"You gotta tell us everything that happened yesterday." Hailey said next to me as I put my seat belt on. Isabella backed out and we were on the road.

"It's a long story." I sighed before I rested my arm on the window. It's not even that long of a story, I just didn't wanna explain that shit.

"Are you gonna tell us or..." Ariana trailed off.

I know you're probably wondering who she is. Well, Ariana is literally friends with everyone. What I mean by that is she's friends with Isabella, Hailey, Jada, Summer, Madison and everyone else. She's very sweet and we don't have to worry about her being suspicious or whatever.

"We were shot at by Chris and his gang. I don't know why, but it happened. Now I'm staying at Michael's house so I can be "safe"." I summarized. I left the part out about me and him kissing because I knew they were gonna be all dramatic and act like middle schoolers.

"Well damn." Isabella commented. "You gotta be real careful out here, Lani. These nigga are ruthless. They was obviously tryna kill yall, or just Michael, but now they finna be after you too." She warned and I tilted my head to the side in confusion.

"What do you mean? I'm not involved in any of that." I stated with my eyebrows raised.

"They see how much Michael cares about you. If he really does." She mumbled before continuing. "So now they gon' try to get rid of you then Michael, and eventually the rest of the gang."

"Why me? You're dating Amari and Terrence is yo brother, why can't they be after you?" I smacked my teeth.

"Girl- anyways. That's 'cause they don't do shit. Michael and Marlon got more experience doin' that shit. They were in the gang longer."

"Well shit." I mumbled to myself.

"You needa be careful out here for real." Jada said as we pulled up to a IHOP. We got out of the car and walked inside.

The hostess guided us to a table and we sat down and looked at our menus. "That why yo ass shoulda listened to yo momma when she told you not to see Michael no more." Isabella scolded and I smacked my teeth.

I knew she was right though. If would've I listened to my mom, I wouldn't be in this predicament. But I don't listen to my mom so-

We left the subject alone and just talked about other random things until the waiter came up to us and asked for our drinks.

"Ah hell." Jada rolled her eyes shortly after the waiter left our table. The rest of stopped talking and looked at her.

"What?" I asked. She pointed her finger and we all looked behind me to see where she was pointing. We saw Chris, Summer, Madison, and Jordan.

Again, I know you're probably wondering who Jordan is.

I met him when I was back in school from my I suspension.

"Kehlani!" I heard someone call from the other end of the hallway. I was walking back to class from the restroom.

I turned around to see Jordan walking towards me. I furrowed my eyebrows as I wondered why he was stopping me in the middle of the hallway.

I had never talked to him, I only knew him because we share two classes together.

"Yeah?" I asked once he stopped in front of me.

"Wassup?" He greeted and I squinted my eyes.

I was suspicious because even though I don't talk to him, I knew he was in the other gang. "Do you need something?" I asked.

I heard footsteps behind me and I turned around to see Bryson and Chris.

'The fuck is Bryson doing here? He don't go to this damn school.' I thought with furrowed eyebrows. "What's goin' on?" I asked and the three of them looked at each other before Bryson decided to speak up.

"So you still hangin' wit' Michael right?" He asked and I just shrugged in response. I haven't talked to him in a week, only because I'm still a little salty about what happened the week before.

"Why?"

"Jus' answer the damn question." Chris firmly spoke.

"Me and him aren't talking at the moment. Now, what do you guys want?" I shrugged with my arms crossed.

"I'm sure you know we don't exactly get along wit' Michael, right?" Bryson asked and I nodded as I wondered where he was trying to get at.

"Yeah." I felt a little intimidated.

"And you ain't on good terms wit' him." He pointed out and I thought I might have caught on to what he was about to say. "So, why don't you help us out?" He raised a brow.

"What," I scoffed before continuing, "you want me to help you guys set him up or something?" I asked, of course not knowing what his answer would be.

"Yeah we do actually." Bryson answered with a mischievous smirk on his face. I looked at him like he was crazy.

'Are the cameras in this hallway not working? Do the administrators not see this happening?" I thought in my mind.

"Hell no!" I almost sqeaked. "I'm not settin' Michael up because of some dumb shit that went on between me and him. And I'm not gettin' involved with the shit you guys have goin' on either."

Bryson stared at me with an amused look in his eyes before he nodded his head. "You know, you could get shot wit' 'dat smart ass mouth of yours, but I'mma let 'dat slide." He walked closer towards me.

"It's unfortunate that you don't wanna help us though." He started to walk away which cued Chris and Jordan to start walking too. "I'll see you later, princess." He slyly said before he, Jordan, and Chris completely walked off.

I had a weird feeling from that last sentence and it wasn't only because he called me "princess".

"Do yall wanna go somewhere else?" Jada asked.

"Yeah, maybe we should." Isabella said as she started to get up but I stopped her.

"No, we don't have to. We can just ignore them." I shrugged.

"Yeah, you right." Isabella sighed.

We continued on with the conversation we were having before. The waiter came back with our drink and took our food orders then left.

"Well, look at what we have here." I heard Chris's voice from behind me. I turned around to see him looking down at me since I was sitting down. "It was nice seein' you yesterday." He said referring to when he and the others shot at Michael and I.

"I wish I could say the same." I pursed my lips.

"If you came over here jus' to start shit, like you always do, you can leave." Hailey said to him with a sarcastic smile.

"I can't jus' say "hi"?" He falsely frowned and she scoffed and rolled her eyes.

"You an' Mike got lucky yesterday," He looked back down at me, "but next time 'dat won't happen."

Before he could say anything else, our waiter came up to our table with our food. "Is there a problem?" The waiter asked Chris with his eyebrow raised.

'Damn, he came quick with our food.'

"Nah, there ain't a problem." Chris said before giving me one last look before he walked away.

"Was he a problem?" The waiter, who looked to be our age, asked again and the girls looked at me before I answered.

"No, he wasn't." I sighed and he gave me an unsure look.

"Well, once again, my name is Wesley if you ever need anything." He said as he started to give us our food.

"Well, thank you, Wesley." Isabella gave me a dumb smirk and I knew exactly what it meant. I shook my head and she nodded her head.

"You welcome." He walked away and she smacked her teeth.

"Why you let him get away?" She hit me on my shoulder.

"Why not?"

"It's obvious he likes you!" She almost yelled out loud.

"How? We just met. He don't know nothin' about me, and I know nothin' about him." I straight-faced her ans she smacked her teeth.

****
We finished eating our food and left the IHOP. It was so awkward while we were there, because Chris and everyone else just kept glaring at us. Thankfully it wasn't for long.

The girls dropped me off at the apartment complex and I walked to the door. I grabbed their key from under the door mat, unlocked the door, and walked inside to see Marlon on the couch watching TV.

"Hi, Marlon." I greeted as took off my shoes and sat them next to the door.

"'Sup." He gave me a head nod as his eyes were still focused on what he was watching on the TV. He was watching "Andi Mack" on Disney Channel. I sat down on the other side of the couch with my legs criss-crossed.

"'Ion see why people like 'dis show. 'Dis shit literally ruined Disney for me." He spoke and I nodded in agreement.

"So, what have you been up to?" I asked and he turned his head towards me.

"What it look like?" He looked at the TV and back at me.

"Okay."

"Can I talk to you 'bout something?" He turned the TV down, almost putting it on mute.

"Sure, go ahead." I nodded.

"So, how have you been ever since, you know, 'dis drama started?" He asked and I furrowed my eyebrows.

"Why?"

"Just answer the question."

"I don't know. I've been okay, I guess." I shrugged.

"Well, I jus' wanna let you know that I know my lil brother ain't the best at relationships, but he tries. You jus' gotta give him time." He spoke more serious than he usually does. "He's gotten his heart broken before, and of course, he doesn't want 'dat to happen again. I'm sure he never told you 'dat before."

I shook my head. "But don't tell him that I told you." He said and I laughed and shook my head.

"I got you. Thanks though."

"You welcome."

******************
after four months i'm finally done with this  chapter 🌚

damn 😭

anyways, i hope you enjoyed this chapter cuz its kinda shitty in my eyes 😅

vote and comment pleath 🥺

toodles ✌🏾💕

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

10.8K 610 40
WARNING!!!! STRONG LANGUAGE AND SEXUAL CONTENT. READ AT OWN RISK!!! Sierra Thomas has been Michael Jackson's friend since the beginning of his caree...
2.9K 129 31
Growing up in a strict religious household, Aaliyah Jackson knew she would have a rude awakening on her 18th birthday. Knowing so, she got job, two...
138K 4.5K 51
Kehlani thought she was with the love of her life until she reunited with an old friend....
373K 16.3K 32
Two different people with completely different mindsets who find each other at their worst. One doesn't realize what's right in front of them.