How to Tame a Demon [BxB]

By mek_14

[Book 1 of the: Roundtable Rebirth Series] All 15-year-old Hunter wanted was a friend, so when his parents an... More

Welcome!
DISCLAIMER
Official Playlist!
Ch. 1 - Hunter
Ch. 2 - Zekaj
BCH. 1 - Zekaj's First Day of School
Ch. 3 - Snowballs and School
Ch. 4 - Bonding
Ch. 5 - Anchor
Ch. 6 - Enraged
Ch. 7 - Possession
Ch. 8 - Pulled Forward
Ch. 9 - AJ
Ch. 10 - Demons
Ch. 11 - Return to the Void
Ch. 12 - Admitting and Awkwardness
Ch. 13 - The Pack Killer
Ch. 14 - Speedos and Sunscreen
Ch. 15 - Rainy Day
Ch. 16 - Cowardly Actions
Ch. 17 - Birthdays Suck
Ch. 18 - Warmth
Ch. 19 - Morning After
Ch. 21 - Pec Pillows
Ch. 22 - Calm
Ch. 23 - 1
Ch. 24 - A Demon and a Tight Space
Ch. 25 - Study Sesh
Ch. 26 - Voidbornes
BCH. 2 - Zekaj, Before the Summon
Ch. 27 - Soul Searching
Ch. 28 - How to Clean your Demon
Ch. 29 - Jealous Wolf
BCH. 3 - Zekaj's and the Holidays
Ch. 30 - Death Traps
Ch. 31 - Oblivious Demon
Ch. 32 - What a Demon Wants
Ch. 33 - Morning After (Reprise)
Ch. 34 - 4 is Enough
BCH. 4 - Zekaj and Zekai
Ch. 35 - Accidents Happen
Ch. 36 - IYKYK
Ch. 37 - Bad Feelings
Ch. 38 - Battle For Your Life
Ch. 39 - Cold
Ch. 40 - Straight to Voicemail
Ch. 41 - Jaxon
Ch. 42 - Snow and Sorries
Ch. 43 - Emrys
Ch. 44 - Live Like a Shadow
Ch. 45 - Study Sesh (Reprise)
Ch. 46 - Photograph
Ch. 47 - Greyrith, Wisconsin
Ch. 48 - Amet
Ch. 49 - Halls now Empty
Ch. 50 - PTSD
Ch. 51 - Page 1
Ch. 52 - The Rest of the Book
Ch. 53 - Spill
Ch. 54 - Fuck the Consequences
Ch. 55 - Frostbite
Ch. 56 - Rebond
Ch. 57 - Lets Talk
Ch. 58 - Brothers
Ch. 59 - Beards are Hot, Y'all are Just Lame
Ch. 60 - Meet the Inlaws
Ch. 61 - Uncomplicating Things
Ch. 62 - Up to Date
Ch. 63 - Aegon
Ch. 64 - Professor Zekai
Ch. 65 - Contracts
Ch. 66 - What a Demon Needs
Ch. 67 - Out in the Open
Ch. 68 - Demons Just Want to Have Fun
Ch. 69 - Volveth
Ch. 70 - Polaroids and Pectorals
Ch. 71 - Return to Earth
Ch. 72 - Previously On
Ch. 73 - Put It On His Tab
Ch. 74 - Tour Guide from Hell
Ch. 75 - Highspeed Hugs
Ch. 76 - Uncomplicating Things (Reprise)
Ch. 77 - Answers in Blood
Inksgiving 2021
Ch. 78 - Rebirth
Ch. 79 - Roundtable
Ch. 80 - The Sword in the Stone
Ch. 81 - Out of the Woods
Epilogue
BCH#5 - End of the Year
BCH#6 - Zekaj Learns How to Drive
Book 2 Reveal
BOOK 2 OUT NOW

Ch. 20 - A Little Lie

15.5K 675 111
By mek_14

Hunter stood in the shower trying to wrap his head around the events from this morning and the day before. It was a lot for him to take in all at once.

Zekaj was his soulmate. A demon, he loved a lot, was his soulmate.

His marks were gold, which is normal for a demon but not for a demon, and had demon runes and a bunch of the human ones.

Hunter dragged his hands down his face, none of this was possible. But the evidence was there, his relationship with Zekaj was impossible. His marks were impossible.

Hunter turned off the shower and quickly dried off. Wrapping the towel around his waist, he got a good look at all the markings along his arms and parts of his chest. Hunter thought the gold marks didn't fit on his pale skin. The gold looked a lot better on Zekaj's Human forms tan skin as well as his demon grey skin.

Hunter quickly brushed his teeth and brushed his hair flat down. The thought of going to school made Hunter worried. He had no idea what to do. Hopefully, Zekaj had a plan cause he had nothing.

Hunter went to change and quickly realized he had left his clothes in the room. He slipped out of the bathroom, the cold air in the house hitting him quickly making him shiver. Hunter quickly got into his room, still holding his towel up. 

His eyes immediately met Zekaj's human ones for the first time since they learned they were soulmates. The normally non-glowing eyes of Zekaj's human form flickered as he took in Hunter's almost-naked form.

Zekaj started biting his lip trying to suppress the arousal he was feeling. He started to understand why Hunter saw him as being obnoxiously horny.

"Forgot my clothes uh, I'm gonna change in my closet." Hunter pointed back towards his closet.

"Yeah p-probably for the b-best." Zekaj stumbled over his words, suppressing himself was hard. His eyes were glowing incredibly bright as he watched Hunter slip into his closet and change.

Zekaj truthfully couldn't wait for them to be more comfortable around each other naked. Frankly, he would be naked right now if Hunter was comfortable with it. But he didn't want to push him, he was taking this at Hunter's pace and was comfortable doing so.

Hunter's phone started ringing and Zekaj darted for it, wanting to know who it was. Hunter's dad was on the other side. Hunter walked out of the closet with only a pair of jeans on.

"It's your dad!" Zekaj said, tossing the phone to Hunter.

Hunter panicked, answering the phone.

"Hey, dad." He tried his best to hide the awkwardness.

"I was just calling to check up on you. Didn't want to wake you, figured you'd be up for school now."

"Yeah just finished showering," Hunter said, he was still upset with his parents from the day prior.

"Well, I wanted to ask about your marks." His father said.

"My marks?" Hunter repeated, his eyes finding Zekaj's. Both had panic written all over their face.

Hunter immediately stretched his hand towards Zekaj who got the hint. Zekaj's body turned to shadows and he slipped into Hunter's body.

"Yeah what were you marked in?" His father clarified.

"What the fuck do I say?" Hunter asked Zekaj who was in his mind. Hunter's father wouldn't be able to hear Zekaj this way.

"Well. I've been thinking, them learning you have gold markings is dangerous."  Zekaj said. "It might be best to just lie for now until we get this all figured out. Continue hiding from them until we're safe."

Hunter thought about it. It was the best solution and bought them more time. If Zekaj could use his illusion magic to put fake marks on him. It would be the same as using his magic to cover Zekaj's symbol on his hand.

If they told his parents now, the gods only knew what would happen to them. His parents could force break the contract between them and send Zekaj back to hell. They could even remove the marks from Hunter and leave him without magic.

Both Hunter's marks and the contract mark on his hand could be removed. While the contract between them was strong, it was also very fragile. To destroy the contract you just had to attack the mark as much as possible and use magic to destroy the bind it created. The magical bind between them was the fragile part. Once that was seen it'd be easy to just break it in half.

The mage marks were different though. It involved skin transplant and lots of burning as well. It was a terrible process that made Hunter shudder at the thought.

"I can fake a set of marks trust me. It just takes a bit of time. Can you get out of school for the day?"

"Still there?" His dad asked.

"Yeah sorry um," Hunter didn't know what to say. What marks on him would his dad be proud of? "They're lightning."

The line went silent as Hunter waited for his dad's reaction.

"That's," His father started. "That's really nice kid. You'll have to show me when I get back home. We can go out tonight if you'd like? I had mentioned it last night."

"It's fine dad. I don't care about yesterday." Zekaj knew Hunter had lied. He felt incredibly connected to Hunter more than ever. What happened yesterday when he wasn't there? "Though if it's ok with you can I stay home? My marks are still kind of sore."

His father didn't answer for a bit. Hunter assumed he was dealing with something more important.

"Yeah sounds good Hunter. Get as much rest as you need. There should be some tea in the cabinets that can calm the pain."

"Yeah, we'll look for it." Hunter said naturally.

"Fuck!"  Zekaj said in his head.

"We'll?" His father asked.

Suddenly Hunter's soul was tugged back and Zekaj's lurched forward. Confusion filled Hunter as he felt his soul fall behind Zekaj's. How was Zekaj able to take control without asking?

"Slip of words, pretty tired." He said through Hunter.

"Get some rest kid." Hunter's father laughed. "Love ya."

"Love ya too." Zekaj replied, before Hunter's soul slowly returned to the surface.

Zekaj left Hunter's body, still in only a pair of underwear. Zekaj looked off into the distance of the room, suddenly the wall was very interesting to him.

Hunter's was filled with confusion. He never doubted Zekaj before but now he was a bit. Was the only reason Zekaj was able to take control so easily had to have been because he was turning him into a vessel right? It still didn't explain all of the human runes.

"I- I know how it looks, Hunter." Zekaj fiddled with his hands. "I swear I'm not turning you into a vessel. I just felt the same panic as the day in the school and suddenly I was taking control." Zekaj flopped into Hunter's bed and covered his eyes.

"I've never doubted you before Zekaj, but it's hard not to right now." Hunter whispered. Hunter sat down next to Zekaj and rested his head on his shoulder.

Zekaj removed his face and the beginnings of tears had sprouted at the corners of his eyes. Zekaj rested his hand in Hunter's as they sat holding hands.

"Let's just lay down for a bit longer alright?" Hunter silently spoke to him. 

Zekaj quickly stood up and swept Hunter in his arms. Hunter chuckled a bit as he was carried to the side of the bed. Zekaj slowly lowered Hunter and crawled over his soulmate.

Hunter sat up on his bed and turned so his feet were dangling. He wasn't sure if he wanted to do this but he knew he needed to push himself, for Zekaj. Hunter slipped off his jeans and was now only in his underwear. Hunter let out a deep breath before quickly putting his legs under the cover and turning towards Zekaj.

Hunter could tell Zekaj was worried. All of Zekaj's emotions were flooded into him the second he looked into his eyes.

"We're gonna be alright Zekaj." Hunter whispered, scooting closer to him.

"I don't like you not trusting me. You have," Zekaj didn't want to say the next words. But he knew it was true. "You have every right to be worried. The facts aren't in my favor."

"I know deep down what we have is real. I just need to keep reminding myself. We were made for each other, two souls made to be with one another." Hunter leaned over and kissed the small tear that had slowly slipped down his face.

"I love you, Hunter." Zekaj whispered.

"I love you too, demon." Hunter whispered, getting a laugh from Zekaj that filled his heart with warmth.

Hunter slowly moved over top of Zekaj who had a confused look on his face. Hunter lowered himself and laid flat on top of Zekaj. Zekaj's human eyes started glowing when he realized Hunter was only in his underwear as well.

"If you make it weird I'm putting my pants back on." Hunter whispered.

Zekaj didn't answer back, he just wrapped his arms around his Human and pulled him closer.

"We gotta talk about what you meant by the events of yesterday. And hide your marks." Zekaj said. "After a nap."

Hunter hummed in agreement. Hunter slowly wrapped his legs around Zekaj's legs whose warmth had quickly flooded his system.

Hunter knew Zekaj needed this. Hunter felt Zekaj's nerves deteriorate and were replaced by a calm feeling. Hunter looked up and saw that Zekaj had quickly fallen asleep. His demon needed the rest. Just as much as him.

Thanks for reading!

Heads up I've released a new story called "Haunted"  It takes place in a different universe than the HTTAD universe.

The story is from Flynn's perspective as he sees "Ghosts" of past memories of him and Jamie's time as being boyfriends, well, they weren't exactly boyfriends.

You can find more info in the book's description!  You can find the book itself on my profile!  I hope you check it out!

Back to HTTAD:

Do you think Zekaj is manipulating Hunter and is secretly turning him into a vessel?  Explain your reasoning!

Any thoughts on the direction the rest of the story is heading in?  I'd love to hear your ideas!

I thrive off of your comments and love reading them!   Saying something as simple as "Hi" honestly makes my day.

-MEK

P.s  There's a HTTAD official playlist!  Many of the songs are hints at future events!  Decode both lyrics and titles!  I'd love to hear your thoughts!  I've even recently added a couple more songs!

It's in the second part of this book! Title is Playlist!

Thanks again! -MEK

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

21.4K 1.3K 21
[The Witch Chronicles Part 3, Completed✔] Reeling from news that they will be Fathers, David and Peyton begin to ponder life with children. The impli...
76.6K 2.7K 44
Levi is a 15 years old guy, with not much to worry about, except trying not to fall asleep in church. Until the day he wakes up on the shoulder of an...
735K 42.3K 128
[mlm] The lonely Elf had waited many years to meet his bonded mate, but reality was harsher than he would have liked when he finds out his mate is no...
4.4K 637 27
Alvina and Quinn have never been further apart, but their connection to the spirits might be what reconnects them again. *** Quinn av Stál is slowly...