Beautiful SnowπŸ’™

By QueenScoria

Sakusa x OC After moving back to Tokyo from America, Miyuki Shimotsuki tries her out for the Girls Volleyball... More

A/N
Prologue
Ch.1 Her Eyes
Ch.2 Behind the Mask
Ch.3 Her teammates
Ch. 4 Her Hair
Ch.5 Shipping
Ch.6 Don't Touch ME!
Ch.7 Y U Lookin' At Me?
Ch.8 A Little Motivation
Ch.9 A Practice Match??
Ch.10 Signals
Ch.11 Ace Mode
Ch.12 Setter Mode
Ch.13 Libero Mode
Ch.14 Icebreakers❔
Ch.15 Tobi-kun!!
Ch.16 My Answers
Ch.17 Texting
Ch.18 1st year Drama
Ch.19 Seika's Idol
Ch.20 The Sage Woman
Ch.21 First Date
Ch.22 See U Again
Ch.23 Debut
Ch.24 Foreign Ace
Ch.25 The Cat, The Owl, The Weasel
Ch.26 Boundaries
Ch.27 Support
Ch.28 Cat eyes vs Mine
Ch.29 I Will Play For U
Ch.30 The Aces of Itachiyama
Ch.31 I'll NEVER Say Anything Out Of Pity
Ch.32 Stage 1 πŸ’ž
Ch.33 ⚠️to Fangirls!⚠️
A/N Back 2 School
Ch.34 Promise
Ch.35 Official Ace Couple
Ch.36 Catfight!!
Ch.37 Oh? Twins....
Ch.38 Round 1
Ch.39 Free Time
Ch.40🌸Hotel's Garden🌸
Ch.41 Vixens vs Bitches
Ch.42 Hello Vixens
Ch.43 Competitive & Proud
Ch.44 Umeboshi
Miyuki Shimotsuki
Ch.45 Championship
Ch.46 Miyuki's New Rival
Ch.47 Awarding The Lost
Ch.48 My TrπŸ’žphy
Ch.49 To The πŸ¦… Nest
Ch.50 Libero Triangle
Ch.51 New Feels❣️
Ch.52 Pressure & Pain
Ch.53 Pessimistic Boyfriend
Ch.55 Friendly Advice
Ch.56 XOXO
Ch.57 Qualifiers
Ch.58 First Snow
Ch.59 Black Frost
Sakusa's Siblings
Ch. 60 MistletoeπŸ’
Ch.61 Karasu vs Inari
Ch.62 Avalanche❄️
Ch.63 Our Spring's In A ❄️Veil
Ch.64 Melting
Ch.65 Jarring Aftermath
Ch.66 To Stage 3 πŸ’•
Ch.67 New seasonπŸ’”
Mrs. Black Jackal

Ch.54 Choices & Deals

678 25 3
By QueenScoria

"Miyuki?"

Oh f*ck no....

I stared straight into the eyes of the one who created me. Eyes that are dark blue to black. Black straight hair with a few silver gray strains in from aging. But still looked young. A woman who hasn't been back here since a decade. 

Yet here she is, like attacking or being uninvited and not welcomed right in front of Father's grave. She did not visit him or even give the slight care of honoring him. Even if he was her husband. It annoys me because she is now here. What for? What does she want? What's her purpose traveling all the way from the US to be here in front of me? Interrupting my time with Kiyo-kun. 

Normal POV

"Hello, Mother." Miyuki addressed as Sakusa looked at her and Mother. He could see the resemblance. But Miyuki only said that her Mother would never come back here since her Father was hurried in Tokyo. He had a unusual feeling growing inside him as Miyuki grips his hand. "What are you doing here?"

"What is he doing here?" Mother hissed at the porch, crossing her arms and looking down at the couple since they're at the foot of the stairs or in front of the closed gates. "Who is that young man?"

"May we talk inside?" Miyuki asked, getting annoyed with her mother's loud voice in the cool evening. "Tokyo is peaceful in the evenings."

"With him?" Her Mother pressed on, pointing which made Sakusa uncomfortable. Receiving rudeness towards Miyuki's mother.

"Why not?" Miyuki's eyes squinted as she gives Sakusa a quick glance, asking if he's alright with going inside.

He nods as he just follows her up the stairs and to the porch. Mother was astonished at how tall Sakusa is. Even looking over her daughter and comparing the looks of Sakusa's as well. She did not like it.

"When did you came?" Miyuki asked as they both went into the genkan. "Is Aunty here?"

"No, she's having dinner with Nagano." She responds and carefully watched Sakusa's tendencies. Mother lead them to the living room since she's Aunty's cousin. And nothing's changed since her time here before marrying Miyuki's father.

"You haven't answered my question." Miyuki pointed out as Sakusa disinfected the couch before sitting down as Miyuki sat down as well. On the other side, Mother sits down with her legs crossed and sitting properly like a fancy lady. She got the looks for it.

"And so did you." Her mother said abruptly, her dark blue eyes clashed with ones she used to love. "Now, who are you, young man?"

"Sakusa Kiyoomi." Sakusa answers, as if he isn't nervous or anything to meet Miyuki's mother. Mother was quite surprised by his neutral tone as she stared at him. "I'm you're daughter's boyfriend."

Miyuki stared at him with a surprised look but calmed down and looked at her mother who was silently thinking. It was inevitable for him to meet her. Miyuki felt a bit nervous but not about Sakusa being liked by her Mother, but why was she even here.

"Boyfriend?" Mother raised her eyebrow and turn to Miyuki who was waiting for her mother's reaction. "Miyuki, I thought you had a boyfriend back in the U.S.? [Ex/n], was asking where you were and he is the son of a famous actor."

Miyuki felt Sakusa's hand flinched next to hers as she exhaled softly, keeping her composure. "Mother, [Ex/n] and I weren't really official. Besides, why would you bring him up? Are you going out with his Father or something?"

"Yes, I am."

Silence. Literally silence as Miyuki's look stayed the same. Sakusa became amused but still was a bit uncomfortable to hear [Ex/n].

"I meant that as a joke." Miyuki states as her Mother scoffs.

"[Ex/n] is a good kid, Miyuki." Her mother pressed on and Miyuki certainly did not like that. "Maybe all 6 of us can have bonding time."

"No." Miyuki asserts which eased Sakusa a bit since he was starting to get disgusted by the idea and even the slight imagination of who the 6 people were. "I don't have time for family bonding. Since when did are we considered as a family?"

"I met [Ex/n]'s Father after you left." She explains. "He is a nice guy and [Ex/n] is brought up the whole bonding thing. He really wants to see you, Miyuki. Maybe you should give him a chance. Maybe be brother and sister since we are staring to plan our future." Miyuki felt sick. She never heard of this side of her Mother before. How she changed ever since Father died. It made her sick to the core.

"Ew." Miyuki snapped.

"She will not go." Sakusa intruded as his gaze fell onto Mother's. That's when she noticed his hand intertwined with hers. "He had his chance and he wasted it. Now it's my turn and I will certainly not let this go to waste or even give it anyone else."

"Listen young man," Mother frowns. "I don't care about your thoughts but Miyuki will be part of a family with siblings her age. Siblings she can interact with. I wasn't able to give her brothers or sisters, but-"

"Not biologically." Miyuki said lowly as she looks up to her Mother. "Stop this nonsense, mother. My answer is final. I don't want to leave just to attend bonding time with [Ex/n]'s family. Me and Kiyo-kun has the Qualifiers coming up before Spring Nationals. I can't leave now."

"Miyuki please." She pleaded. "Can't you forget about what happened after moving to America? Can't you accept this thing so you can be happy again? You don't have to be alone." Now, Miyuki's confused. Alone? Accept? Forget? Something else is going on.

"No!" Miyuki furrows her eyebrows at her mother because she figured it out. "I will not throw my volleyball career away just to be part of a family in the Film Industry. Why would I do that? You came all the way here to tell me this? Why not just call me so you don't have to waste your flight? I will not give up Father's passion. You of all people should've known this before I was even born. But no, was it about the money?"

Mother was astonished to hear her daughter's words. But she knew she was right about everything. Which amazed her even more. After divorcing and raising Miyuki with a job as a Makeup artist and Hair stylist, she fell in love with [Ex/n]'s Father, the famous actor who has 2 other sons and an ex wife too. Coincidence?

Sakusa was just listening and watched Miyuki's sudden outburst. He loved how she's able to detect the purpose of one's words and actions. Telling him it was because of her English classes and psychology. Whenever they have arguments, it would be Miyuki trying to calm him down since he was throwing a fit about Akaashi and Kenma again.

Sakusa loved how Miyuki's words can ease himself. He doesn't worry about anything around her. But right now, he was a bit concerned since Mother would probably force her to do so anyways.

"No, it's not." Mother sighs. "Miyuki, don't forget our other deal now before coming here."

"I didn't." She quickly said, a feeling of nervousness and irritation started to appear. "How about we do the bonding until the?"

"When you come back?" Her mother raised an eyebrow and Miyuki simply nods. Sakusa was trying to interpret this and had more than a dozen questions for Miyuki and she knows it. "Deal."

"Thank you, Mother." Miyuki nodded, grateful for that because she has to work on the old deal first before this one.

"Dinner?" Mother beams as she went to the kitchen. "I made Miso soup and rice."

"Thank you Mother but can Kiyo-kun stay?" She asked as they both walked into the dinning area. Sakusa didn't want to stay because of the food and her Mother, but didn't want Miyuki to be alone either. And hearing that Miyuki also loves Miso soup is a new thing.

"Oh um," Mother trailed off as she brought 2 bowls of each thing. "I made for 2 people."

Miyuki nods as she takes Sakusa by the hand. "It's fine Mother, I want to say goodbye to Kiyo-kun first." She opened the door and didn't let Mother respond.

Now the 2 were going down the stairs. Hand in hand as Miyuki sighs deeply. He watches her as they stopped outside the gate. 

"You're not thinking about meeting that guy are you?" Sakusa asked. "From the way she said it, he must really regretted breaking up with you."

"Oh, he is." Miyuki nods as his eyebrows knits together.

"Please, don't go." He mutters as he brings her close. "I will not let you go there by yourself. What if he touches you? What if his brothers touch you? What if your mother just lets things happened? And what deal?"

"Slow down, Kiyo-kun. I wasn't going to leave right away." Miyuki chuckles and touched his bangs. "I won't let anyone touch me anyway. And I made a deal with my Mother to allow me to play here." She sighs. "It's not important." 

He hums in response and chose not to press on. "Your Mother seems quite fond of me, don't you think?"

"Your sarcasm needs work, Kiyo-kun." She chuckles softly. "I'm thankful for you to care about me."

"I will not waste my chance with you, Beautiful Snow. I love you." He pecked my forehead. "So, your Mother seemed...."

"Mother of the year." Miyuki grunts in annoyance. "To think she has the audacity to say that. Why can't she just text me or call me? I don't need siblings, I have you."

Sakusa grins as he pressed his forehead against hers. "And I'm amused on what your Mother would say to that germ about me."

"Maybe how Miyuki is dating a handsome guy who plays volleyball." She whispered and pecked his chin. He smirks before kissing her passionately while holding her chin up. "He's shorter than you, by the way. 5'10." 

"Good." He said before planting kisses all over her face. "That means my disinfectant spray can reach his eyes with no effort." 

Miyuki laughs before hugging him. "I love you." 

"I love you too, Beautiful Snow." He whispers in her hair. "Make sure you wash your hands before eating and shower and disinfect your duffel bag. You played amazing today." He lifts her left hand and gave her band-aided fingers a long kiss. "Make sure you take care of yourself properly now. I don't want you to get hurt from now on, Beautiful Snow."

"I know, thank you." Miyuki smiled warmly at his gesture. "You did great as always. Make sure you eat as well. Good night." 

"Good night, Beautiful Snow." He waved at her, walking up the stairs. He pulled up his mask as he watched her go inside before walking home. 

Miyuki's POV

"So, his name is Sakusa Kiyoomi." Mother repeated after eating. "And he's the #1 Ace in Japan?" 

"Yes." I said before sipping some soup across from her. "Same age as me but a few months younger." My birthday's in December and I laughed at his reaction because he thought he was older but nope. Haha! 

"Break up with him." Mother ordered with her dark blue eyes clashing with my icy ones. I felt anger growing in my pit. "He's not good enough for you, Miyuki." 

"And you think [Ex/n] is? We're passed that." I furrowed my eyebrows. "I love him and I will not." 

"You will!" Mother screeched. "The deal was to go to Japan: play volleyball until you graduate. Then you come back to America where you will study in college!" 

"The deal did not have anything on dating!" I pointed out, gritting my teeth. "Or being with friends that play volleyball as well. Or visiting my Father's grave. I wonder, did you pay respects to him, Mother?!" 

She could not speak as she huffs in frustration. "Just like your Father. Going and playing volleyball and not think about your family."

"Father loved you!" I screamed, on the verge of tearing up with being angry at her, I stand up and glared at her. "He did the things he loved and there is still room to love you too, Mother. I remembered him always spending time with us after the seasons were done and even tried to spend time with us after training for the Olympics. You just didn't trust him anymore." 

"Stop talking this nonsense, Miyuki." She hisses. "You were too young to understand what love is. One day, that germaphobe you call a boyfriend would leave you to play volleyball. One day, you will do the same thing. And you'll be crying to me. I don't want that to happen to you, Miyuki. You will break up with him after graduation and coming back to America to study." 

I clenched my jaw and my fists. This is what she's been doing to me after Father died. I wish he was still alive. Even if divorced, at least I'll live with him. Control. That's what she wants. She can't control her own life and feelings and now she's on me. I wondered how [Ex's/n] took it. I wonder how her boyfriend handles her. I sighed deeply. 

"After that," I began. "I need to do the bonding thing? And then what? What is your next deal, mother?" 

"A deal cannot be made by one person, Miyuki." Mother's sweet, vicious tone was annoying me as I still tried to stare her down with my icy orbs. I had so much to say. She's right. I have a choice of being with Kiyo-kun or play volleyball again. My heart pounds in my chest. 

"Continue to play volleyball for me, Yuki." 

Father's voice rang in my ears as I could not forget his last wish. I love Kiyo-kun and volleyball. Why is she making me choose!? I hate it!! Yet, I don't have the strength to go against it. She does pay for me after all. If only I could live with Father. I wondered where his money went since he was a professional volleyball player. She must've used it after his death. She gave me time to think because she knows everything about me. Even if I tried to hide my privacy from her. 

I sighed before looking Mother in the eyes. "I study in America, I will play collegiate volleyball." 

"And what about your Kiyo-kun?" 

"Don't say his name." I hissed. "You don't say a person's given name without permission or formalities with that person. Have you forgotten basic traditions, Mother?"

"I apologize, Miyuki." She waves it off. "What about Sakusa, then?" 

"Nothing. I only date a guy who I think will spend the rest of his life with me. I don't understand why you think [Ex's/n] can make me happy?" 

"How about," Mother hums in response, tapping her finger lightly on the table. "Bonding time, keep the relationship, and no collegiate volleyball?" 

"Keep the relationship, play collegiate volleyball, and no bonding time or even meeting your new family." I objected as she scoffs. 

"You have to choose either way, Miyuki. Your Father chose volleyball over me, I don't want that happening to you." 

"You chose studying in America. Kiyo-kun's planning on volleyball too but he never said he'll break up with me. You can't convince him either. He's a bit stubborn and a realist. You need to be clean and disinfectant to talk with him. I won't, Mother, break up with him. And that's final." 

"Well, unless you can pay for college and play volleyball, I won't pay for your tuition and flight, unless you break up with him and bond with your new family." 

"You really are the Controlling Mother of the year." I scoffed and shake my head. "I'm ashamed of you. One kid should ever suffer from this. Granpa Kazuyo played volleyball. Kazuyo Kageyama. And yet here we are, Mother. One who doesn't play for some reason and despises it so much. Fine." I growled as I picked up my bowels and head to the kitchen. 

"I will be on my own then. I don't need to play collegiate to be in the V.League. The deals are off. I will stay here in Japan until I feel like America is safe from your controlling mother instincts." I declared, my venomous voice must've cut through her because she did not say anything. I washed my dishes before seeing her still in the dinning room. This time, I won. Even so, I still had that 2nd deal. If only there were relatives that had the Shimotsuki name. If only Father had siblings. He was the only child. His parents passed. And he must've had teammates during his volleyball career. I must have Godparents around here in Japan. I hope they're reasonable and loves volleyball too. 

I closed the door of my room and went to shower. I sighed in relief after plopping on my bed. I took out my phone and realized that Kiyo-kun texted me an hour ago. 

Kiyo-kun💚 | 9:00

Did you shower? Did you brush your teeth? Clean out your duffel bag? Are you asleep?

Well, I'm going to sleep. I'm tired.

Good night, Beautiful Snow.

I love you. 

I sighed and stared at my ceiling. Reflecting. Thinking about the future. I want to play collegiate volleyball. But I don't know if I can handle studying in Tokyo. I want to go back to America to eat Mac N Cheese and its diverse cuisines. I want to be able to talk to people who speak English fluently. I want to go beaches and visit LA and New York City. I still miss America though. 

But, I have to choose either way. I can't convince Kiyo-kun come with me. He won't like that. This is hard!!! I grunt in frustration. If only I have like Uncles or Aunties I don't know about. If only Father's friends or relatives could help me out. If only he was still here. 

I sobbed silently into my pillow. If only you were here, I wouldn't be alone with her. I don't want to choose between the most important things in my life. Father help me, please!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

780K 22.4K 50
"𝙬𝙝𝙖𝙩 π™žπ™› π™¬π™š 𝙖𝙙𝙙 𝙖 𝙧𝙖𝙣𝙙𝙀𝙒 𝙣π™ͺπ™’π™—π™šπ™§ π™žπ™£π™©π™€ π™©π™π™š π™œπ™˜?" β™₯οΈŽβ™‘οΈŽβ™₯︎ In which Y/n gets added into a groupchat full of dumb volleybal...
98.5K 3.1K 57
Moving to Miyagi to live with her sister Kiyoko, it was the second time she made a decision that pulled her away from the future that her reputation...
476K 20.9K 96
"𝗧𝗖𝗛 𝗬𝗒𝗨'π—₯π—˜ 𝗝𝗨𝗦𝗧 π—§π—›π—˜ π—¨π—¦π—¨π—”π—Ÿ π— π—œπ—¦π—§π—˜π—₯ π—–π—Ÿπ—˜π—”π—‘ 𝗙π—₯π—˜π—”π—ž." β€’ β€’ β€’ (L/N) (Y/N): single mother of two chaotic kids, and the vol...
6.9K 210 47
Ayana Machiko is becomes curious after seeing Fukorodani Volleyball team. Perhaps, seeing them will change her live for ever.