Realms of Magic: Demon Invasi...

By daniellie802

Status: Complete, but under editing Everything seems fine in Irvine. The economy is great, public satisfactio... More

0. Prologue
1. Demonic Powers
2. A Day at Blazewing
3. Old Nemesis
4. The Librarian
5. Training Regime
6. Imperial Trial
7. The Royal Dinner
8. Attack of the Demons
9. Preparation of the Guard
10. Maiden Voyage I
11. Maiden Voyage II
12. Battle on Juggernaut
13. First Mission
14. Duel of Prodigies
15. Arrival of Help
16. Atrocities
17. The End of the Beginning
18. The Order
19. Banishment
20. The Demon Lords
21. Mission of the Twelfth
22. Second Voyage
23. Port Sekizaki
24. The Purists
25. A Small Reunion
26. The Mermaids Strike
27. Lady Sakurako
28. The White Witch
29. Cleaning Up
30. Infiltration Plan
31. Infiltration Plan II
32. Escape
33. The Great War
34. Battle of Toulon-Prelude
35. Battle of Toulon I
37. Battle of Toulon III
38. Expedition Golden Oasis
39. Expedition Golden Oasis II
40. Secret Mission
41. Secret Mission II
42. Prison Cell
43. The Ray of Light
44. The Ray of Light II
45. Strategical Movements
46. Return to Irvine
47. Attack on Plywood
48. Crippling Strike
49. Lovebirds in War
50. Tag Team
51. Irvine in Confusion
52. Irvine in Confusion II
53. Irvine in Confusion III
54. Irvine-Erwing War: Prelude
55. Irvine-Erwing War: First Phase
56. Irvine-Erwing War: Traitor Guards
57. The Underworld
58. Gladiators
59. Party
60. Reversal
61. Betrayal
62. Kingdom of Lutzia
63. Agnes
64. Celebration Feast
65. Fort Void
66. Noble Slaves
67. The Masked Lady
68. Bitter Reunion
69. Bitter Reunion II
70. Bitter Reunion III
71. A New Mission
72. A New Mission II
73. A New Mission III
74. Collapse of the Ferris Wheel
75. The Oedipus Club
76. Hidden Enclaves
77. She Returns
78. March on Batavia
79. Defence of Irvine I
80. Defence of Irvine II
81. Siege of Pazna I
82. Siege of Pazna II
83. Mirakarta Massacre
84. Mirakarta Massacre II
85. Southern Campaign
86. The Art of Diplomacy
87. Six Days Campaign
88. Six Days Campaign II
89. Six Days Campaign III
90. Hero of Elaise
91. Battle of Trest
92. The Road to New Trier
93. The Road to New Trier II
94. The Road of New Trier III
95. The Road to New Trier IV
96. Old Memories
97. Old Memories II
98. A Truce
99. Battle of Pallastria
100. Battle of Pallastria II
101. Amnesia
102. The Alliance's Gambit
103. The Defence of Batavia I
104. Defence of Batavia II
105. Defence of Batavia III
106. One Last Dance
107. Clash of Sovereigns
108. Clash of Sovereigns II
109. Princess Rescue Mission I
110. Princess Rescue Mission II
111. The Aglatis Law
112. Trial of Vengeance
113. Epilogue

36. Battle of Toulon II

3 1 0
By daniellie802

"Imperfecti Fungi Bloom!" Aelita calls upon giant shrooms, trapping Lord Eugene.

He encases himself in a cocoon of iron, then rolls himself at us. Aelita's nimble feet propel its owner upwards while my agile wings save me from the iron ball.

However, the slower John is caught. Lord Eugene breaks open his cocoon, his menacing blade put on John's throat.

"Blood Vortex!" Two spirals of blood are unleashed on him, and John fires his Divine Judgement at point blank.

Aelita rushes to John, assisting him to get back on his feet. Lord Eugene is unfazed; only a mere scratch exists on his chest.

"What ridiculous defence ...."

I gather mana on my hands. Lord Eugene's defensive skills are superb; only a strong attack can penetrate it.

"Divine Vines!" John and Aelita draw upon each other's power, overwhelming Lord Eugene with an omnidirectional attack.

"Nature Summon: Toxic Flower Fumes!"

"Four Angels Formation: Eternal Chains!"

Now Lord Eugene is binded by a strong chain and surrounded by yellow poison gas.

"Black Chupacabra!" The hound strikes in the confusion, generating a massive blast, although it is still far inferior to the destruction that Madam Fron and Lady Jessica are creating.

I smirk a little, expecting that Black Chupacabra to knock Lord Eugene out. "Is that it?" Aelita asks sheepishly.

"Mmmh!"

Suddenly, liquid metal surrounds my legs, then my stomach and my entire body.

"Vio!"

It all happens so quickly I can't react. The liquid metal hardens.

I can't breathe!

I can hear salvos of iron spears outside, repelling John and Aelita. "Blood Shockwave!"

I destroy the metal, freeing myself. "Hah... Hah..." My breath is running short. Aelita throws me a concerned look as she struggles to avoid iron rods from impaling her.

This isn't over!

"I'm okay." I gently nod.

"Iron Golem! Hidden Weapon: Iron Pillar Crush!"

Again, the dreaded gigantic iron pillars from the golem's chest are fired. "Divine Cube!" John's shield battle the battering pillars.

"Hidden Weapon: Iron Grip!" From the golem's chest, a metal hand and iron chains appears. The former violently grabs John.

"John!" Aelita shrieks in panic, using her vines to prevent John from being taken.

"Blood Vortex!" My swirls of blood fail to make any impact; the defence of the golem is truly annoying.

John himself doesn't go down quietly. "Divine Penetrative Laser!" His fingers glow, but the armour of the golem is simply difficult to penetrate.

"Aargh!" John is stabbed by iron rods.

"JOHN!" Aelita is consumed by hysteria. Her vines lose strength and Lord Eugene's chains prevail. Sweat falls from my forehead as I hear John's muffled screams from inside the golem.

"Nature Summon: ...." Aelita mutters with her red face, "Minotaur!"

What appears is a bull headed giant man, wielding a giant club. It clobbers the golem mercilessly.

"Blood Maelstrom!" I strike from the flank, flooding the golem with a wave of blood.

A flash of light forms inside the golem's chest; John fighting for his life. The combined strength ultimately prevails, destroying the golem. John suffers from multiple stab wounds.

"That was impressive," Lord Eugene comments, "very impressive."

"Thousand Iron Fist!"

In a very fluid movement, the minotaur is felled by a flurry of iron punches. Lord Eugene leaps at us.

"Blood Sword!" Two swords materialise on my hands, blocking a heavy blow by his zwëihander.

"Blood Mist!" I unleash a thick, red, mist, clouding Lord Eugene's vision.

I jump back, avoiding my own mist. "Nature Summon: Toxic Flower Fumes!" Aelita enhances the mist, thickening and adding poison into it.

"Imperfecti Fungi Bloom!" "Four Angels Formation: Eternal Chains!"

Now Lord Eugene's mobility has been checked by chains and fungi. "John!"

I can feel John's mana flowing into me. "Divine Chupacabra!"

My Chupacabra is modified greatly; it is bigger and more powerful, and its colour changes from black to grey. The resulting blast–hopefully–annihilates Lord Eugene.

Lady Jessica, still engaged in a fight with her equal, Madam Fron, grits her teeth seeing our counterattack. Neither the former's two headed creature nor the latter's Lady Liberty is seen. She shouts, "Cathedral of Despair!"

Black clouds surround the battlefield. Darkness blinds us all. Madam Fron lights fires around us. She raises an ice golem from the ground.

"Get up here!" she commands. John and Aelita flies upwards with me trailing behind.

"Akh!" I let out a squeal as a cold hand grabs my left foot. A surviving Lord Eugene clings to it strongly.

Iron rods fly toward me, piercing my stomach and chest. Biting my tongue in a futile attempt to minimise the pain, I gather swirls of blood, launching my Blood Vortex.

"Blood Orb Bullet!" The copious quantity of blood waves and blood bullets fail to force Lord Eugene to release his grip.

"Twin Dragon!" Madam Fron finally intervenes, sending two dragons to force Lord Eugene back. Aelita's vines coil around me, pulling me into safety.

"Are you fine?" Aelita asks as her gentle touch closes my wounds. I nod affirmatively.

"Watch out," Madam Fron warns as she holds her glaive tightly, "this is one of Lady Jessica's most troublesome spells and it's invulnerable."

"So how are we going to destroy it?" Aelita asks.

"You don't destroy the Cathedral of Despair," Madam Fron grimly mutters, "you outlast it. It lasts for about ten minutes."

With the dim light, we can see sixteen iron pillars coming from behind. "Quintuple Flamethrower!"

The iron pillars melt due to the intense heat. Madam Fron sweats heavily as she conjures multiple ice shields. Soon, black arrows and lasers fall upon us, with Lord Eugene launching iron pillars and iron rods.

"Gaia's Advent of Roots!" Aelita unleashes a multitude of thick roots, disabling some iron rods and iron pillars. John and I send blasts of energy and waves of blood to halt the iron offensives.

"They don't seem to end!" I curse.

"Shut the hell up and focus on repelling them!" Madam Fron curses back as she dodges a black laser blast.

Darkness finally fades after the ten minute time limit, but now the battlefield seems empty. No longer is the sound of laser bolts being fired or artillery firing heard.

To our flank, Mr Charles is slammed towards the ground by an endless array of undead creatures. To our other flank, I see Remi being impaled by Lady Caitlyn's scythe.

"Now this gets troublesome."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

121 17 18
Navigating my life in a world fueled by magic wasn't easy as a magicless witch. After having a mildly concerning dream for a 9-year-old I had decide...
5K 543 61
Having a Gift is supposed to be good. But Edileth's feels more like a curse. Vowing to hide her abilities post-catastrophe, she leads a simple, disci...
269 50 23
Please note that this work is rather old, and was my first foray into novel writing. In the simplest of terms, it is not good, not to be demeaning to...
900 39 22
"Why are my hands getting warmer?" As far as Alicia was concerned, she was the daughter of a rich businessman attending high school. Then, she feels...