The Crystal Style User ( A Ne...

By seth209knight

Michigo Kagami is 13 and the last of her clan and the only one to have survived. Since she was the last of he... More

A/N
chapter 1 The Leaf Village
chapter 2 Team 8
chapter 3 True Strength
chapter 4 Team 3
chapter 5
chapter 6 The unknown vistor
chapter 7 Lady Hokage
Chapter 8
Chapter 9 Jealousy
chapter 10
chapter 11 Almira the Summoning Animal
Chapter 12 A New Type of Training
chapter 13 promotion
chapter14 jounin written exam
Jounin Exams PART2 one on one combat
chapter 15
chapter 16 Back Home
chapter 17 Team 5
Chapter 18 Friend or Enemy?
chapter 19 Testing His Limits
chapter 20 Confessions and Betrayal
Chapter 21 Tears
chapter 22 Encounter
chapter 23 Sasuke's Leaving
chapter 24 Good News
chapter 25 Joint Training
chapter 26 Invasion
chapter 27 At Death's Door Once Again
chapter 28 Traitors?
chapter 30
chapter 31 Feelings
chapter 32 The Kiss
chapter 33
chapter 34 Actions Speak Louder Than Words
chapter 35 She's Back
chapter 36
chapter 37 True Fear
chapter 38 Entity
chapter 39
chapter 40
A/N

chapter 29 Mission to the Land of Birds

171 5 0
By seth209knight

(This isn't the mission to free Sagi of the ghost. This is just an escort mission. Thats all.)

NEJI POV

"I have a mission to do. So if there's nothing else then we can leave." I said after awhile with no answer from him about what just happened.

It frustrated me to no end. Why would he do that? Its obvious that I care about Michigo. Everyone knows that.

"Yeah." He replied simply. He had put on a blank face and ignored me after that.

Sighing heavily I lead us out of the Hyuga compound and out towards the hokage's office.

"S-should I be coming too?" He asked hesitantly. I looked back before we entered the building. Frowning in confusion, I thought about it.

"Well you don't have a team right now so I'd assume you'd want to know what to do right now until Rintaru and Michigo are released or sentenced." I answered. He nodded his head in reply and followed me up to the office and entered along side me when we got permission.

"Lady Hogake. I was wondering what I should do right now since I don't have a team at the moment." Masato said speaking up before her.

She glanced up at him as we joined my team and Guy sensei.

"Hmm... you're right." She mumbled to herself. She stared at him for a little bit before coming to a conclusion. "I want you to go on this mission with Neji's squad. By the time you return the interrogation of your teammates will be done."

"Uhh... right." He said stiffly. I internally sighed. He was obviously nervous about going on the mission with us. I mean I would be too if I had done what he did with Michigo.

It was unexpected and probably going to be awkward if we didn't talk about it and clear things up.

Hopefully he doesn't let his nerves get in the way of our mission. I can push it to the back of my mind. For now at least.

"Alright your mission is to escort this man to the Land of Birds. Neji your in charge. You are to leave in 1 hour." She said sternly. We answered in unison and left to pack. It was a long journey.

We finally met up at the gate for the long mission. It was an easy C rank mission. I didn't know if Masato was a last minute addition or not. But I did know if he knew he wouldn't have kissed me the way he did.

Now he puts us in an awkward position. I could only hope if things went downhill then what had happened earlier wouldn't get in the way of the mission.

We have been walking for about a few hours and it was hitting nightfall. Masato and I stayed quiet the whole time just listening to Lee and Tenten ramble on.

"Alright guys lets camp here for the night." I said stopping. I looked around and we seemed to be in the clear. No one around.

"Alright Neji." Tenten replied setting her stuff down. She helped the old man, our client, to sit down and get comfortable.

We set up a sleeping bag for him to rest in case he was tired. I set down and took out some food and tossed it to him to eat.

"I'll gather some firewood." Masato said dimly. I looked up to see him evade my eyes and take off slowly. He didn't want to draw any unwanted attention from the others.

It wasnt working however. We all knew he wasnt the quiet type. He wasnt normally solemn like this.

Sighing heavily I sat down and waited. There was nothing I could do. He wasnt ready to talk. And I doubt he wanted to at all. Either way I will get it out of him when we got back in the village.

Right now these thoughts are interrupting the mission.

"Hey Neji do you know why Masato's quiet?" Lee asked seriously. He was genuinely curious and as bad as I felt for lying it wasnt my story to tell. As I didn't understand it myself either.

"I do not Lee." I said closing my eyes in a heavy sigh.

"He's been acting weird ever since we left the village. Didnt he want to come?" Tenten asked frowning looking off in the direction he left.

"I believe he might have to pass the time.  Either way leave him alone you two. Asking him will only get in the way of our mission." I said sternly as I watched him come into view.

He inconspicuously let out a small genuine smile. I nodded back before the others saw.

"Here I'll start a fire for us." Masato said walking over to the empty space next to me. I helped him set up the wood he has gathered for the fire.

Once the fire was lit we all sat around comfortably. The old man we were escorting had fallen asleep.

I chuckled lightly. He seemed peaceful for sleeping outdoors.

"Whats so funny?" Masato asked softly catching the others attention. I opened my eyes and looked towards him before glancing back at the old man.

"He seems peaceful. Unaware of the dangers that lurk out here." I said looking onwards.

"Thats probably because he doesn't have any enemies." Lee asnwered smiling towards him.

"Yeah. I hope he doesn't that way this mission will go by fast." Tenten smiled.

"Lets hope. For now let's eat then sleep." I said looking towards the fire. I had finished my meal and laid down. We had to get up early tomorrow.

The others ate and talked about mindless things before they put out the fire to lay down.

I was up a few hours after they had gone to bed. I didn't feel like sleeping. I had too much on my mind.

"Penny for your thoughts?" I heard Masato's voice call up to me softly. I was sitting on a branch looking outwards.

I said nothing just smiled and glanced down at him before looking back to the sky.

"Join me." I said softly. I didnt want to wake the others. He chuckled lightly before hoping up next to me.

"You wanted me?" He asked. His mood was lightened. Why? I had no idea.

"I want your opinion on something." I said softly. If the others were awake and listening I didn't want them to hear.

"On what?" He asked sitting down next to me.

"I want to know what you think of Michigo." I whispered looking up at the stars. I had already surveyed the surrounding area and there were no enemy ninja. So we were safe for the time being.

He sighed heavily and I could feel his mood drop immensely. I gently laid a hand on his shoulder to try and lift his mood. I didnt look at him, though I could feel his stare burning into the side of my head.

"Do you think she's an enemy?" I asked frowning. I couldnt get the glare she gave me out of my head. Her eyes said everything. She hated me. I hadnt done anything wrong. It was just a misunderstanding.

"Did she really betray the village for my sake or was she never apart of the leaf village?" I whispered closing my eyes thinking outloud. By now my hand left him.

"I honestly don't know. You'd have to ask her yourself." He answered back honestly. I nodded in response. I had nothing else to say on the matter. Although I know I wasnt supposed to ponder anything that wasnt apart of the mission, I couldn't help but ask.

"I don't think this would be a hindrance to the mission considering there's no enemy ninja so there's no harm in asking." I whispered slowly. Taking in a deep breath I closed my eyes and pondered on how to ask him. I could feel his confusion and curiosity. "Why did you kiss me?"

Little did we know a certain pair of ninja were laying awake listening to our conversation. As naive as I was I didn't even to bother checking on them.

I glanced over to him to see him run a hand through his hair sighing heavily.

"Guess there's no way around it is there?" He said softly no making eye contact with me. I stayed quiet as response. "I wanted to see what it felt like."

"What?" I asked frowning in confusion. I was called a genius yet I couldn't understand this.

"I know you have feelings for Michigo." He said seriously. He was avoiding my eyes. And I had a vague idea why. "But I didn't know I had feelings for you until I saw you lying there. You almost died a second time. Except this time Michigo and Rintaru could've prevented that if they had just stepped in."

"Oh. Well then I'm sorry I had struck you." I apologized sincerely. He glanced over to me and smiled.

"No its alright. You waking up is enough for me. As long as your alive I'm ok." He said looking away quickly. He probably looked away in hopes of me not seeing the stray tear that streamed down his face. But in vain.

I gently turned his head my way and wiped away the tear making him blush at the sudden contact.

I chuckled as I placed my hand back into my lap. Even though I laughed on the outside, my heart was hurting. Hurting for him. How could one be satisfied loving someone from afar?

"Lets get some sleep. It should be Lee's turn to take watch." I said hoping down before he could get a read on my own emotions.

I composed myself before I headed back to wake Lee. After he took his watch I laid down and fell asleep. Not before hearing his words once more. As long as you're alive I'm ok.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

34.3K 1.1K 25
DISCLAIMER -> TAKE THE FANFIC LIGHTLY ! writing this after a year (?) or two. THIS IS my first fanfiction, i never post my stuff but since i wrote th...
45 2 1
After being ambushed by a couple of rogue ninja, Sarai stumbles into Sunagakure for help. There she meets the Kazekage-a beautiful yet quiet young ma...
211K 6.6K 22
[COMPLETED] Mikazuki Hatake lost her family when she was 6 years old, only to gain another one. And his name was Kakashi Hatake Now 13 and about to b...
87.5K 2.6K 45
Elder sister to Shikamaru, loved by many in the village along with others from around the nations. its been about 4 years since she has betrayed her...