3000 Nights

By LiteraryMusician

▪▪▪ They spent 3000 nights watching each other from afar. Both plagued by a sense of longing towards the oth... More

1
2
3
4
5
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
38
39
40
••EPILOGUE••

6

4.6K 271 20
By LiteraryMusician

Mine.

She darted  out of her house, crunching through the snow in her high heels.

I stood there mesmerized at first.

I knew she hadn't yet seen me, but I knew she could feel me. 

Mmmmmmm.

As a wolf it was hard to focus on one thing for very long.

But she. She changed it all.

I couldn't hold my focus on one particular thing, but I could always stay focused on her.

Mmmmm.

I got a whiff of her scent again.  Like springtime, fresh, flowers and  rain. Beautiful.

Grrrrrrrr ...

Just look at her. She was wearing a tight short dress.

Hmmm that's unlike her.

What day is today?  Ugh I can never remember the days as a wolf.

It's cold, I think it's December. It must be near her birthday.

I let out a low growl as she came closer, to let everyone know to stay away. She is mine.

She looked right at me with her pale green eyes and shivered at the sound of my voice.

Suddenly they were all around me. Appearing from beyond the trees. Surrounding me, trying to get closer to her.

I growled again, this time in a protective possessive way.

How dare they look at my mate. Like that. With greedy eyes. With wanting eyes. 

I already knew my mate looked beautiful,  hell tonight she looked incredible. And that dress. That dress left nothing to the imagination.

My mate noticed the wolves almost right away. She tensed up and her eyes flew open in shock.

She realized they were closing in on her and I and that they were looking at her with intimate stares.

Intimacy that only I was supposed to share with her.

I could tell she was scared. Sacred at the way 2 were looking at her. Scared because they were advancing foward.

She started moving quicker to get to her car. But the wolves kept moving closer.

She started to panic. I growled louder making sure they heard me.

"STAND DOWN!!! GET BACK!!! OR YOU WILL BE DISOBEYING YOUR ALPHA!!" I roared.

Some headed my warning and backed away, but a few of the young new wolves continued to ignore my warning.

"YOU DARE TO DEFY YOUR ALPHA?! SHE IS MINE!  BACK AWAY OR I WILL HURT THE NEXT WOLF WHO TAKES ONE MORE STEP."

One idiot, Aaron decided to step foward. I jumped onto my hind legs. 

"Dammit you dumb ass. I told you to stay back." I roared again as I jumped down and latched onto his shoulder with my muzzle.

"Alpha I'm sorry, I'm sorry," cried Aaron into my head, "but she looks so yummy, I just want to rip that dress off of her."

"WELL YOU CAN'T!!!! SHE'S MINE!!!" I screamed into his head as I preceded to bite him on the shoulder.

What a fücking little shit.

"Anyone else want to get in my way? I WILL kill you if I have to. She is mine."

"Alpha she isn't marked.  She's not yours yet. Let us play." Sneered Jaye. He was always being a defiant dïckwad. I'll fůcking teach him.

I tore into his neck, causing a yelp to escape his mouth.

I then preceded to nip the three nearest members of my pack who still happened to be too close for my liking, warning them again to back the hêll up.

"WHAT ARE YOU DOING!? STOP! STOP IT!!!" I heard her scream from  outside my head.

I turned my head back towards her and saw that she was now hysterical. She was crying and screaming. AT ME!!?? 

I was trying to protect her. What the fúck?

"Stop! Right now! What the fųck! WOLF! STOP!!" She screamed again.

I turned and really looked at her now. Her voice was booming, echoing through the forest.

The other wolves freaked when they heard her continued assault. It was rare when we as wolves heard humans speak, let alone yell, directly at us.

All of them scampered back into the woods. But not me, I wouldn't leave my mate.

I stood there watching her. Mesmerized by her complete beauty. She was so perfect. 

Every part of my being told me to go to her. Run to her and comfort her.

She was mine. And she was upset. At me.

"What in fůcks sake are you doing? Are you trying to get killed? Are you trying to get me killed?!" She yelled. "And why the fück are you looking at me like that? Like I'm some piece of meat you want to devour. Hmm?? Well I'm not. I'm a fûcking 18 year old girl. And it's my damn birthday. And I was almost just eaten by YOUR pack of wolves..."

Damn, I freaked her out.

I was just trying to protect her. Protect what was mine.

Shit, I wasn't trying to scare her, but she looked so fine. So perfect. Just waiting for me to run my fingers over her delicious body.

Well when they turned back to fingers, for now all I could do was be near her.

My body hummed  to be closer to her. To feel her.

I could bite her, so we could always be together, like we were supposed be.

No. No. No.

I pushed the thought away.

That was her decision to make. Not mine. And she'd have to make it when the time came.

A little quieter she started to mumble under her breath, "And I'm screaming at a wolf in the middle of the woods, and if course this is useless because he doesn't know what the fųck I'm even saying. He's a wolf. And I'm fücking crazy."

Her words started becoming illegible because they weren't words anymore, they were sobs.

I started to move closer to her, craving her human body against my wolf body.

She lifted a tear stricken face towards me.

"NO! You stop right there Mr. Wolf. Stay the back. I don't want to be near you right now." She cried.

I whimpered. Her remark towards me hurt. Did she just think of me as a wolf? An animal that didn't understand her? That had to change she had to know.

"No, What is wrong with you? What if one  of those wolves challanged you? What if they all fought back. What if you got hurt. What if you died!? What would I have done then? What could I do? I couldn't defend  you, or save you. What would I do. Without you? Shît." She was hyesterical now.

I kept trying to get closer to her. To show her I cared. That I longed to be near her. That I understood her, and wanted her to understand me.

Her nose was running, and she kept wiping at her face which was smudging black stuff everyehere. She looked so darn cute, even when crying, I couldn't help but smile to myself.

I slowly crept closer but she continued to back away towards her car.

I used to be afraid to get to close to her.  Now she was afraid of me.

"Geez, and summers coming sooner than you know it, and what? I'm only going to see you during the full moons. Only a few times a month until the next winter. Do you know how much that sucks? How much it breaks my heart? To not be able to see you!? Well sure you do, if you even remotely feel the way I do. And what? Your a wolf. You must be at least around my age. I've known you for 10 years. I was 8, when you first came, you had to be around my age to feel this connection. The one I feel for you. So if I'm 18, and let's just say for shïts sake your the same age? That makes you how old in wolf years? Like 69 or something? Shįt. Like how long do wolves live? I don't know, but it can't be forever. So fůck. What am I going to do!? Arghhhh!"

She cried and wiped her face with her gloved hand. She turned to get into her car.

I took took a few steps closer to her to try and reach her.  

"NO. I said leave me alone wolf. I don't want to be near you right now."

I whimpered as she ran the rest of the way to her car and jumped in.

I put my head in my paws and whimpered at her cold departure.

She was leaving me. And she was mad. And it seemed that she was sad and upset. And maybe scared?

She started her car and shot down the driveway, getting further and further away from me.

All I could do was silently follow the woods along the side of the road to silently protect my mate.

▪▪▪

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2M 95.5K 78
(𝐬𝐭𝐞𝐚𝐦𝐲 𝐬𝐡𝐢𝐟𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐫𝐨𝐦𝐚𝐧𝐜𝐞🔞) Three mates. One destiny. A world on the brink of destruction. At 27, Riley thought she knew who she w...
234K 8K 65
{Book one of A Different Kind Of Fairy Tale Series} *She pushed herself off of me and sat down in the seat in front of me. "I admit you're insanely a...
7.8K 688 38
A long time ago when the cold blooded King and the shape shifter King had made peace with each other having hunters as the common enemy. Shane, Lydia...
6.6K 277 32
Second Chance Mates: Nova & Braxton's Story Being a werewolf is supposed to be exciting. The excitement of your first shift and finding your mate...