The Billionaire's Extraordina...

By island_rose

No one deserves to be stuck in a complicated love triangle with their arranged husband and his girlfriend, es... More

Chapter 1: Black Sheep Of The Family
Chapter 2: An Unwelcome Change
Chapter 3: Meeting The Billionaire and His Girlfriend
Chapter 4: Life's A Mess
Chapter 5: The Wedding Reception
Chapter 6: Sleeping Beauty And Prince Charming
Chapter 7: Prince Charming Or Bipolar Beast?
Chapter 8: Solo Beach Picnic
Chapter 9: Unplanned Laughs, Wishes and Memories
Chapter 10: Deep Blue Underworld
Chapter 11: Tears He Doesn't Deserve
Chapter 12: The One Who Cares
Chapter 13: Nick, Hugs, Surprises and Plans
Chapter 14: Catching Feelings
Chapter 15: Broken Promises
Chapter 16: Undecided
Chapter 17: An Arguementative Liberty
Chapter 18: A Taste Of His Own Medicine
Chapter 19: Husband and Wife Secrets
Chapter 21: The Special Friendzone
Chapter 22: Memory Imprints
Chapter 23: Insecurities
Chapter 24: Untamed
Chapter 25: The Unforseen
Chapter 26: The Innocent Victims
Chapter 27: Mom Knows Best
Chapter 28: Gambling With My Life
Chapter 29: Blazing Sting
Chapter 30: Losing All Sanity
Chapter 31: Opportunities Unleashed
Chapter 32: Saving Grace
Chapter 33: A Passion For Escape
Chapter 34: Bittersweet Reunion
Chapter 35: Steamy And Unforgettable
Chapter 36: Sizzling Sensations
Chapter 37: Sweet To Sour
Chapter 38: The More The Merrier
Chapter 39: The Art Of Pleasure
Chapter 40: Sticking Together
Chapter 41: Overwhelming Emotions
Chapter 42: Fulfilling Desires
Chapter 43: What Is Love?
Chapter 44: Too Late?
Chapter 45: Misunderstandings
Chapter 46: No Saint
Chapter 47: Fought Battles
Chapter 48: The Prowess Of A Wife
Chapter 49: Melting Softly
Chapter 50: Intimacy
Chapter 51: Plans Gone Awry
Chapter 52: Tricked And Punished
Chapter 53: Without Wishing
Chapter 54: Sweet Distraction
Chapter 55: Brazilian Encounter
Chapter 56: High Hopes
Chapter 57: Steamy Escapade
Chapter 58: Goodbyes
Chapter 59: I Love You
Chapter 60: Deep Inside
Chapter 61: Blazing Flame
Chapter 62: The Unexpected
Chapter 63: Sexy Seductress
Chapter 64: Suspicious Mistakes
Chapter 65: Eventful Friday
Chapter 66: Drunk In Love
Chapter 67: Passionate Intimacy
Chapter 68: The Prowess Of A Husband
Chapter 69: Late Night Call
Chapter 70: Deep In Love
Chapter 71: Favourite Addiction
Chapter 72: Apart And Distraught
Chapter 73: Pillow Talk
Chapter 74: You're Mine
Chapter 75: Mysterious Package And Setup
Chapter 76: Broken Hearts
Chapter 77: Heartbreaking Moments
Chapter 78: Stay With Me
Chapter 79: Broken And Empty
Chapter 80: Threats And Changes
Chapter 81: Ugly Confrontation
Chapter 82: The Game Has Changed
Chapter 83: Strength And Resilience
Chapter 84: Truths Revealed
Chapter 85: Mission Accomplished
Chapter 86: Happy Place
Chapter 87: Unquenchable Desire
Chapter 88: Perfect Match
Chapter 89: Forever Yours
Author's Note
Epilogue

Chapter 20: Finding Common Ground

50K 1.9K 546
By island_rose

Jayden's POV

"Baby, you have to wake up now. It's almost noon. Come on Jay," Kylie purred as her fingers brushed my hair.

"Two more minutes. I'll be up soon," I murmured and I felt her peck my lips.

"Your dad must be worried about you, Jay. You have to go home."

Oh shit! I quickly shot my eyes open and sat up. I looked around and realised I wasn't in my bedroom. I was in Kylie's bedroom.

To top it all off I was naked. We definitely had sex. I couldn't exactly recall what happened but I remembered coming to Kylie's apartment after a very long day to talk and ended up getting wasted on wine.

The previous week had been hell. The work was too much as the new collection had just been launched. It was selling well on the market but we had to work hard to keep it constantly at the top.

Everyday I left home early and came back in very late. I didn't even get a chance to see Kyra for the whole week. Nevertheless, she left me notes of encouragement everyday on the kitchen table.

After work the previous day I was exhausted like hell. I didn't want to go home and stress out Dad so I decided to visit Kylie, talk and relax. Things didn't exactly go as planned.

Thinking of Kyra just made me feel worse. Of course Kylie was my girlfriend but I didn't want to break Kyra's heart. She didn't have to know everything about what Kylie and I did.

I was working hard on our relationship. I wanted to start over and make it up to her. Our relationship was progressing. I didn't want to mess everything up once again.

I looked at Kylie who had been saying things I couldn't comprehend. She was already dressed.

"What happened last night?" I asked the almost obvious.

"Last night you were incredible baby. You spent the whole night doing amazing things to me. I love you so much Jay," Kylie crooned as she crawled onto the bed, snaked her arms around my neck and started kissing my face.

Geez. Why was everything suddenly frustrating?Things between us were not supposed to happen this way. I had no idea why but I was feeling guilty.

I freed myself from Kylie and grabbed my cellphone. It was switched off.

"Did you switch it off?"

"Yes baby. People were disturbing us. You actually told me to switch it off. Someone was very horny and demanding last night."

"I was drunk, Kylie. You could have been the responsible one. What if someone important called?" I fussed as I switched on my cellphone.

"And miss out on all the fun? Nah uh. Last night was one of my favourite nights. I so can't wait to finally be your wife and sleep with you every night."

My phone was packed with multiple missed calls from Dad, Kyle, Martha, Nick and an unknown number. The messages were many. I had really messed up big time.

"I'm going to shower," I announced as I got up and wrapped a towel around my waist.

Kylie just looked at me biting her bottom lip. In normal circumstances I'd be turned on but this time around everything felt different.

I quickly showered and wore a pair of jeans and a denim shirt. I slipped on some sneakers and brushed my hair. I had a couple of clothes in Kylie's apartment.

I heard some talking in the lounge. I grabbed my cellphone and car keys then made my way to the lounge.

"Is he here?" I heard a familiar voice ask. Kyra. I'd never go wrong with her nectarine sweet sotto voce voice.

"Of course he's here. Where else would he be? He spent the night with me. It was glorious," Kylie replied proudly.

I was still in the hallway and Kylie was blocking the way at the entrance to the lounge.

"Is he okay?" she asked again. Worry and concern clouded her voice.

"You are beginning to annoy me Kyra. Of course he is okay. Why would you care?Oh right!He's your husband. My bad."

"I'm not here for any drama. I just want to know if he's okay."

Kylie was about to say something but I interrupted her by patting her shoulder. She turned to me and her face immediately lit up.

"Honey. You are done. You look gorgeous my love," Kylie beamed over exaggeratedly as she threw her arms around me and kissed me.

I looked at Kyra as Kylie kissed me. I noticed Kyle was standing next to her with his arms folded and his face didn't look happy at all. His look was that of disapproval.

Kyra's facial expression made guilt tug at my chest and sting painfully deep. She had dark circles around her eyes and worry and concern laced her face. Seeing us kiss made her sigh quietly.

I pushed Kylie away gently but still she held my hand. I was rendered speechless after everything.

"A-are you okay?" Kyra croaked tears filling her ocean eyes.

"Y- "

"He's okay as we all can see."

"I'm sure he can speak for himself," Kyle interjected.

"And I can as well answer for him."

"That's enough Kylie."

"Excuse me. I'll be in the car," Kyra said as she took the car keys from Kyle and left right after Kyle smiled at her apologetically.

"Do you really have to be rude to her for nothing?" Kyle asked Kylie.

"I wasn't rude, Kyle. She's with my husband so what do you expect me to do?"

"Jay is Kyra's husband. You are his girlfriend."

"But I'll be his wife soon."

"Soon but not yet."

"We are friends but you are taking her side. You are so frustrating, Kyle. Excuse me," Kylie complained rolling her eyes and then she excused herself and left for her bedroom.

Kyle looked at me and shook his head disapprovingly.

"Why are you mad at me, Kyle?" I asked as I walked to the kitchen to get some water. He followed me.

"Firstly, you just left work crazy exhausted and vanished into thin air without calling anyone. We tried calling but your phone was switched off. Your dad was worried sick about you. His blood pressure shot up because his precious and careless son went missing."

"Is he okay now?"

"Yes. We left him with Martha and Nick. He's still worried about you though."

I poured myself a glass of water and offered Kyle one which he turned down. We both climbed onto the kitchen counter.

"Look, I'm sorry I didn't call okay? I was stressed out and I didn't want to go home looking like shit," I explained.

"So why did you switch of your phone?"

"Kylie did. I was wasted, Kyle. I'd have called and come back home had I been sober."

"I don't even know what to do with you," he sighed.

"Is Kyra okay?" I asked after a short pause.

"Are you seriously asking me that? She's the main reason why I'm mad at you. I thought you said you wanted to be a better human being to her. You said you wanted to make it up to her," he ranted his voice gaining fury by the second.

"Why?What happened?" I asked putting down my glass.

"You called your dad and said you'd be home for dinner. She made dinner. She baked you a cake to congratulate you. She stayed up all night waiting patiently for you. Past midnight when you still didn't come that's when we started calling. She kept on calling you when we all gave up. She neither ate nor slept taking care of your dad and worrying about you. Here you are having the moment of your life with Kylie," he burst out.

I felt horrible. I felt tears sting my eyes. I let her down. She cared despite everything. She was willing to put everything behind her and support me like she had promised.

"She keeps on supporting you and forgives you for everything. She tries really hard to impress you. She takes care of your dad very well and gets along very well with Nick, Monica and I. You just go ahead and trash her heart. You don't even care Jayden."

"You of all people know I care Kyle."

"I have started doubting you, Jay. Sometimes it's really hard for me to cover up for you. I feel guilty myself. She doesn't deserve this. Can't you see she's an innocent soul? Can't you tell she's trying to gather up herself from some secret past of hers?"

I covered my eyes with my hands. The tears spilled out involuntarily. The truth hurt especially coming from Kyle. He was brutally honest. He was right.

"You let Kylie say whatever she wants to say to her. You don't even defend her. Yes she is your contract wife but she's a human being as well. She has a life to live. You make fake promises and give her false hopes of a better tomorrow."

"I try, Kyle. I'm trying!"

"You are not trying enough. All you care about is Kylie. Of course you'll divorce Kyra but you can be friends with her. She's willing to be your friend. She only has good things to say about you. I feel bad for her. Have mercy on her please."

There was silence. I couldn't stop the tears. I felt horrible. Kyle wasn't even comforting me. I deserved it. My heart ached for her.

"It's either you make it up to her now or never. She's not going to be like this forever. Soon she's going to give up. She's gonna give up on you."

"I'm gonna change."

"Maybe you should start by apologising for everything."

"I'll do it. I'll do it sincerely. I wanna make it up to her. I want to see her happy. I don't want to be the reason why she's sad and depressed."

"Will you let her date then? You are dating Kylie. She has the right to date as well. Why are you opposing the idea?"

"Because I'm jealous okay? The idea of her being with another man is not welcome to me. She is my wife."

"You are her husband. If you don't want to be with her then let her go."

"Is she in love with another man?"

"Not yet. That might not be the case in a few days' time. You know Nicholas. He's very charming and caring. He takes care of her. She's letting him in slowly but surely. Their level of friendship is special. You might have to give up on her for your close friend. Perfect right?"

"Will you at least have mercy on me?I'm hurting here and you aren't doing anything to help."

"It's important for me to do this. You have to realise you are making a mistake. Can't you see what I'm seeing?You care about her. She cares about you."

I wiped away my tears using the back of my hand and stood up. I couldn't lose her. I needed her in my life.

"I need your help, Kyle."

"No. I'm not helping you in any way," he grumbled.

"Thanks. Handle Kylie for me please. I need to talk to Kyra. I'm taking your car."

"You know when it comes to you Kylie is very aggressive. I can't handle her drama."

"You will. You are good at this."

"Ugh. Fine. Why do I even listen to you?One more thing, don't confuse Kyra. If you don't have feelings for her do not do anything confusing. Also don't double cross them. If it's Kylie, then it's Kylie."

"Thanks."

With those words I left and went straight to Kyle's car. Kyra was in there crying her eyes out. I sat in the driver's seat and drove the car. She wasn't even looking at me or saying anything.

I stopped the car at a lakeside. It was quiet and private. I unbuckled my seatbelt and made her look at me. Seeing her cry just made my eyes water. My tears betrayed me, again.

She put her hands on my face and started wiping away my tears using her hands.

"W-why are you crying? Y-you shouldn't cry. Is something wrong?"

She was making everything even harder. I wanted her to be mad at me.

"So you can cry your eyes out but I can't?"

"Yes. Only I can cry. You are not allowed to cry okay?You have to be happy."

"I'm sorry. I'm so sorry, Kyra. I can't apologise enough. I don't know what to say."

Kyra cupped my cheeks and looked straight into my eyes.

"Did you have sex with her?" she asked me boldly.

I didn't want to lie to her. The truth would hurt her but I had to do it. She deserved the truth.

"Yes," I whispered closing my eyes.

I expected her to slap me,to scream at me and everything but she didn't. Instead she hugged me. She hugged me despite everything.

"Thank you for being honest. I really appreciate it," she whispered letting me go.

"She's your girlfriend and I don't have a problem with you two being intimate. I was just worried about you. I thought that something happened to you. I couldn't think straight."

"Kyra, please be mad at me. I don't know; slap me, shout at me. Anything. I'm giving you the permission to take out all your anger on me," I permitted her and damn she obeyed me.

She slapped me hard in the face. I was still recovering from the other one when she slapped my other cheek harder. Shit!

"Why can't you be nice to me! Can't you see I'm trying?! Why are you always lying to me?! You always make me seem like a complete fool! I put in all the effort to make us work. Yes I'm not your real wife but that doesn't mean you have to hate me. You are my husband and I care about you. I support you in every situation! I'm always there for you but you are never there. Your friends fill in for you all the time."

I so wasn't expecting so much from her. Her bottom lip quivered and her eyes bled with pain. Her voice was way above high. I could tell everything was coming from deep inside.

"I'm getting tired, Jayden. I'm starting to give up on you. I don't want to submit to you all the time and let you control my life. I don't want to be desperate for your attention and respect. I have done enough for the two of us. It's your turn. If anything will work out then you have to make it happen," she surrendered then she smacked my right cheek one last time.

"This is for your dad," she glowered and then she took a deep breath and closed her eyes.

I was speechless. Beneath all those layers of my sweet, shy and soft wife lay a bold and feisty lady who could speak up for herself. She caught me by surprise.

"You can hit me back and shout at me okay but I'm not going to apologise. I don't regret anything I said or did," she said wiping away her tears.

"You don't have to, Kyra. I truly deserved it. I've been a jerk to you from day one. I've made you go through hell. I'm sorry for everything. I'm sincerely sorry. Please give me another chance. I won't let you down I promise," I begged holding her soft hand.

"You can't take back the words you said and everything you did. Actions speak louder than words, Jayden."

"I'll replace all that with what you truly deserve- respect and care. You don't have to do anything. I'll work to earn your trust. I'll make this work. Just give me another chance please."

"Will you make me regret giving you another chance?"

"Never. I'll be a good person I promise. I'll make it up to you."

"Okay but you have to prove yourself worthy of it. I don't want to ruin your relationship with Kylie. I'll respect the boundaries. We can be friends, nothing more or less. Are we together?"

Yes we could be friends. Friendship had to be our foundation. Friendship was cool but I wasn't sure if I'd manage to maintain it like that. I wanted more from her. My hands ached to touch her. My lips ached to finally kiss hers and have her melting in my touch.

Maybe it was just a phase of infatuation but deep down I knew I was beginning to feel something for her. Something intimate and concerning the heart.

"Friends it is. I won't let you down. You won't regret this, Kyra."

"I hope so, Jayden."

"You can call me Jay. We are friends now."

"Yeah right," she smiled.

"Since I'm your husband and friend, can I be a special friend? A friend whom you can share anything with? A friend whom I can share anything with?"

"Of course, Jay. If I ask you a question will you answer me honestly?" she asked with a hint of shyness in her voice.

She was smiling again.

"Anything. I'll be brutally honest."

"Would you let another guy kiss me even if he's your friend?"

Over my dead body!

"I'd rather be the one kissing you."

***************

Heyyy.

If you are here thanks for reading. Please don't be a silent reader. If you can't comment then at least vote. It will be very much appreciated.

Have a great day.😘😘😘

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

4.9M 147K 56
*** This story is now FREE!!!*** After a traumatic breakup with her college sweetheart, Aria Davenport meets an older, more sexually experienced busi...
1.1K 110 11
Sometimes the best way over something is not through. It's under. Chance Whitley is sinking. Devastated after he discovers his wife, Lacey, is chea...
10.4K 636 38
Jayce Mirella may just come to realize that she is not the only one that has been deeply scarred by her past as Rhys Chandler is unexpectedly hurled...
462 60 47
Like every other book worm, Tamina used to have that dream where a man would swoop in and buy that desired book, and that is how she meets Brandon. N...