Run with ME! (Haiji Kiyose X...

By YukoZuo

A 3rd year Health Science's student who enrolled in Kansei University have living her normal life quite the s... More

Morning Jog
Chikusei-so
Track and Field Club
New Sparks
First Training
Yaokatsu
Her Past
Friends?
Future Job
Iwatobi
Honest Confession
My Story
Rank
Training Camp
A Little Bit Different
Another Chance
Ouji Conquered Time!
Pray
Win and Then...?
Answer
The Beginning
The Middle (Part 1)
The Middle (Part 2)
The Ending
After Story
The Match and The Deal
Nira's Story
Bonus (Part 1)
Bonus (Part 2)
Married Arc (Part 1)
Married Arc (Part 2)

Reality

237 12 4
By YukoZuo

Birds chirping as the sky brightens. Sun shining through the gap of clouds. The chilling yet somehow warm atmosphere in the air would calm any living beings. Yeah, a great morning for their first meet--wait...

"I'm late!!!", I shouted and hurriedly slipped on my cardigan. In a flash, I grab my scooter's key and a bag of chocolate then head to the Chikusei-so.

Entering the Chikusei-so quarters, I parked my scooter at the corner. It seems no one noticed me as a white van blocking the view and I could hear some voices arguing over something. Getting off my scooter with the bag of chocolate in one hand, I walk over to the source of voices behind the van.

"Someone get a driving license already!!", Yuki yelled as he was being pushed by Haiji into the van.

"Come on, get inside", Haiji didn't seem to bother Yuki's resistance as he continued pushing him.

"Good morning, guys", I spoke from behind Kakeru as he was the last one on the line. All the guys' heads snap towards me at once.

"(Y-Y/N)-san! You have a driving license right? Then, please drive us there! I don't want to die yet!", Yuki suddenly begged me in a desperate tone. Then, the rest of the guys except Ouji, Haiji and Nico-chan nodded vigorously in agreement. They all had blue faces, as if death are going to await them if I didn't agree.

"Err... I don't know what's going on but, as much as I want to help you all... I can't go today. Look, I'm still in my shirts", I answered as I pointed towards my night shirt which I wore a cardigan over it. Their jaws dropped at my rejection.

"Talk about savior...", Nico-chan sighed.

"Okay, you guys heard her. Now,let's get in! We don't want to be late", Haiji grinned as he continued to push in the rest of the guys inside the van. He completely ignored their pleading or obviously pale face. I could only laugh while sweat dropping. Is it that bad, Haiji-san's driving?

"Good, everyone's in. Then (Y/N)-san, thanks for seeing us off", Haiji said after closing the door.

"It's nothing, I should at least see you guys off after all the practices I missed. Oh, I also want to give this", I hand over the bag to Haiji. "I called it a recovery chocolate. Please give it to the guys after the race. I hope it'll help them if they're feeling down", I said.

"I will, thank you (Y/N)-san. Then, we'll leave first", Haiji nodded and got inside the driver's seat.

"Good luck guys! Don't stop running until you reach the ending line, I'll cheer you guys on from here!", I wished them before Haiji reversed the van. We exchange waves as Haiji reverse the van out of the quarters. The van was safely reversed when Haiji suddenly break, causing everyone inside to choke on their seatbelt. I jumped as my waving hand stopped in surprise. Pressing the horn once, Haiji waved at me before hitting the engine pedal and drove off at quite a speed. I sweat dropped at Haiji's driving. Did he really have a license?

"I hope you guys return safely...", I prayed for them, seeing how scary Haiji's driving skill is.

🍃

Getting out of the bathroom, I sighed in satisfaction from the refreshing feelings after taking a bath. With a towel around my neck, I walk to the kitchen and grab a bottle of mineral drink from the fridge. After seeing the guys off, I went back home, ate breakfast with my family and headed to the bathroom. Drinking the cold liquid, my mind starts to wander.

I wonder if they'll meet that cocky boy from the Tokyo Sport Uni. What will they feel after the meet? I hope my chocolate will be of help, I even prepared it nicely. Dear god, please give them courage even if they failed.

"(Y/N), your phone has been ringing since before. Seems like a message or mail", my brother said, his head poking from the wall. "I'm going to the shop now, Hana has already gone first. If anything, just call me. Then, I'm going now", with that, he leaves the house.

"Take care!", I shouted from the kitchen as the door closed. Walking to the living room, I put down the bottle and grab my phone instead. Checking the notification, there are some messages with one missed call. It's from an unknown number though. With a confused face, I open up the message.

'Good morning, (Y/N)-san. Sorry for bothering you this morning but I had to contact you as soon as I got your number'

'Do you still remember me? Its Makoto, your friend from ITSC'

"Makoto? ITSC? Olive-haired Makoto-kun? That tall-muscular but gentle Makoto-kun?!", I exclaimed in surprise. Without hesitation, I dial the number. In about five rings, the other line picked up. Wasting no time, I speak first. "Makoto-kun? Is this really Makoto-kun? The tall-and-muscular-but-gentle guy Makoto-kun from Iwatobi?", I bombarded him with questions.

"Yes, it's really me- though you don't have to say the unnecessary part... How you've been (Y/N)-san?", his usual gentle voice spoke from the other line.

"I'm fine as usual. It has been so long since we talked. How did you get my new number? Ah, from your mom right?", I sat on the sofa with a soft thump.

"That's right. As expected from (Y/N)-san, sharp as ever!", Makoto chuckled.

"And you're quick to praise as always. There's only one person whom I gave my new contact to and it's your mom. Anyway, where are you studying now? Still with Haruka-kun?", I teased him, smirking in the process.

"Wha- why do I feel like you're smirking right now? Haru is in a different university but we're both in Tokyo. I'm still worried about him living alone though... You know how Haru is, right?", he sighed heavily. Makoto always cares for Haru. Well, he did have a point. Ever since I met him in ITSC, Haru looks like he could swim away in his own world if we leave him alone. Though, he is one of the reasons why I fell in love with swimming.

"Well, I'm sure he can manage somehow. This is the time where you have to let him go and grow, Makoto-kun!", I said dramatically.

"Aren't you becoming more literary, (Y/N)-san?", he sounds like he is sweat dropping.

"Is that so? I did meet some literature students and joined a Manga Club so I might get influenced by them", I stated bluntly.

"Eh? Manga Club...? Hearing you say these kinds of things are making me worried... That's right, let's meet up (Y/N)-san!", Makoto chipped.

"Yeah, fine by me", I replied while playing with my hair.

"Then, what about today? I planned to meet with Haru later. Err, can you come to Tokyo? I don't want to force you if you're busy", he said cautiously.

"Don't worry, I don't have anything planned for today and I can take the train. I'm a grown up adult, Makoto-kun. Then, send me the address of the place later. I'm going to get ready first. See you later, Makoto-kun", I said while getting up from the couch.

"Contact me if you've arrived okay? Then, I'm looking forward to meeting you! Bye, (Y/N)-san", with that, the call ended. I couldn't help but smile at the thought of seeing my old friends. It's been two years since I last saw them. I remembered giving my new contact to Makoto's mother only since she is my mom's closest friend. It was when I told her about mom's death. Ever since then, I've never been in touch with them. Shrugging my shoulder, I proceed on getting ready for our little reunion.

🍃

Walking along the street of the shop, I checked the map in my phone. Stopping in front of a cafe, I read the name.

"'Marron Cafe'... Yeah, this is the right place", muttering, I waste no time to enter the nice-exterior designed cafe. The cashier greeted me as I made my way inside. Smiling back at her and nod, my eyes wander around to search for any familiar face. Spotting a shaggy, olive brown-haired guy from his back figure, my lips curved upwards. Heading towards the table he sat in, another familiar guy came into view. His blue eyes glanced upwards and met mine. His expression shows that he acknowledges my presence. Getting on the clue, Makoto turned around only to see me smiling while waving my hand. A wide smile immediately formed on his lips. "Yo, Makoto-kun and Haruka-kun. It's the one and only (Y/N)!", I greeted them with a grin. Makoto's face is genuinely happy while Haru frowns.

"(Y/N)-sa-!", Makoto was cut by Haru.

"It's Haru only", his monotone voice spoke. I chuckled at his never-changing attitude. Ignoring his request, I take a seat beside Makoto.

"Yes, Haru...ka-kun", I smiled innocently at him. His frown deepening at my intentional teasing. We both know so well that I won't listen to him and he will never give up on getting me to call him 'Haru'.

"W-well... let's take it easy today. It's been so long since we met so let's chat about something else!", Makoto tried to ease down the tension between us. It is his role to cheer up the mood whenever I and Haru begin our silence fight. Haru sighed as I nod in understanding. Makoto smiles at our temporary reconciliation.

"It's nice to see you again (Y/N)-san. You grow your hair and I almost mistaken you for someone else!", Makoto started the conversation.

"Yeah, I kind of want a new style. But, you guys did grow up. Somehow, both of you give out this aura of freshmen. So, how's college so far? Did you guys still s-swimming?", I tried to cover the hesitation in my tone when saying the sacred word.

"I have quit swimming and focus on my major, sports and medicine. Haru joined the swim team at Hidaka University. He's going to be a professional swimmer!", Makoto said cheekily.

"Hey-Makoto!", Haru grunted. His cheek tinted pink in embarrassment.

"I see, good for you! I'm sure you can be one", I smiled but I couldn't hide the sad gaze in my eyes. Hearing that both of them have a goal set in mind made me kind of disappointed with myself.

"What about you (Y/N)? You're still swimming, right", Haru asked me, straight in the eyes.

"About that... I already quit it. I'm not swimming anymore...", my gaze casted downwards.

"Eh? You're not anymore? (Y/N)-san is so good at swimming too", Makoto asked. I clenched my fist under the table.

"I-I'm not that good. It's a normal level-", I got cut off.

"Why? why did you quit swimming?", Haru asked in a serious tone. I looked up at him in shock. Haru's brows furrows. His blue eyes piercing through mine. Despite his intense glaring, I still keep a smile on.

"I always love swimming. Swimming gives me hope to continue doing my best. But... the more I swim, I had forgotten how cruel reality is. I tried to face the reality but, I guess I am not that strong...", I lowered my gaze. I know how Haru is feeling when I tell them I quitted. Disappointed, confused. I had promised after all.

"Did you regret it? You promised to continue on swimming even if you fell, right?", Haru demanded for my answer. My eyes widen at the mention of my own promise I once made. I could feel my mind becoming blank as my previous memories played back like a slideshow.

"H-Haru, I don't think pressuring (Y/N)-san for an answer is good...", Makoto interfered as he noticed my stressed look. Haru looked away from me in guilt. As the air became tense, Makoto suggested ordering me a drink. As Makoto left, silence filled between us two.

'If you really see the path then it's fine to believe in it. I'm sure you're going to find it. Your sparks'

I could hear a thump in my heart as Ouji's words crossed my mind.

'You're a part of us. Our friends too, (Y/N)-san'

My heart starts beating faster as if it senses the excitement from Haiji's words. I could feel the sparks burning again. Inhaling the air slowly, I turn to face Haru.

"You're right, Haruka-kun. I do regret quitting swimming. But, I'm not going to stop swimming! I don't know yet what I'm going to do in the future but I'll hold onto the promise. When I fully gain my sparks again, I'll come and tell you. When that time comes, let's race again!", I hold out my fist towards him. A big grin on my lips. Haru looks at me in disbelief. Hearing my confidence, he didn't wait to bump his fist with mine as he nodded.

"I'll wait, but please don't call me that", Haru frowned back at my choice of calling his name. I giggle in response.

"Nope! Because that's what made you, YOU. Haruka-kun", I grinned smugly, leaning beside the wall. Haru only glared in frustration.

"Sorry for waiting, I have brought your cappuccino-huh? Did I miss something?", Makoto came with my cup of cappuccino. He tilted his head in question as he noticed the mood had turned lighter.

"It's nothing", Haru rested his head on his palm, looking away from glaring at me.

"Yep, he's right. Thanks for bringing my drinks", I took the cup from Makoto while he only stood there cluelessly. Shrugging while sighing, Makoto decided to just sit back on his seat.

We spend the rest of the time chatting as we exchange stories, catching on each of our life including the other guys. Currently, Rin is aiming to be an Olympic swimmer as he continues his study in Australia. Nagisa seems to be doing well with Rei and Gou (whom I met once), handling their swim club. The talk becomes more heated when two more guys join our conversation. I learned that they are Haru's and Makoto's friend from junior high school, Kisumi and Asahi. Both of them were quite shocked when I introduced myself as the guys' senpai in swimming. I got to hear many interesting stories from them too. It seems many things have happened in Iwatobi town that I have missed. Iwatobi is a small town in a rural area but it has many interesting stories going on. I spent some time there whenever mom went to visit her friend. We would stay in a house beside Makoto's for a few weeks as mom used to study in Iwatobi so she tends to come visit the town once in a while. The view of the ocean there is also one of the prettiest I've ever seen. The glittering ocean at dawn would always be the first thing I see in the morning. The spectacular sight was what made me attracted to water. Everything started from the time I spent at Iwatobi.

THIRD PERSON'S POV
Staring outside the flashing view of the lights illuminating the darkness as the train accelerates through the trail, (Y/N)'s mind starts to wander around. It's been a long time since she feels excited as to what might come tomorrow. For the past two years, she has only lived like a normal college student. Striving for the best in studying, keeping a good connection with teachers and fellow classmates, but ignoring the empty feelings in her heart. When she thought about how the Aotake's guys are doing for today's meet, she actually felt concerned on how they manage themselves. But when Haiji's confident face appeared, she can't help but trust him that the guys will manage somehow. A light chuckle escaped her lips at the thought of how their impression on her recovery chocolate. I can't wait to join their practice soon!

Unknown to (Y/N), the guys back at Aotake did eat her recovery chocolate. But, their reactions were not one of the pleasant one. Well, not everyone since Kakeru went off running on his own. The time will reverse to the scene after Kakeru ran, leaving everyone clueless at his abrupt act.

"Oh, that's right. (Y/N)-san gave me this for everyone. She called it a recovery chocolate. Here, it's enough for everyone though Kakeru already left", Haiji passed the semi-sphere shaped chocolates that were neatly wrapped in a silver wrapping.

"Yay! A chocolate from (Y/N)-san!!", the twin cheered happily.

"What does she mean by recovery chocolate?", Nico-chan Senpai inquired while checking out the small piece of chocolate in his hand.

"I bet it's a consolation, seeing how suck we actually are in running", Yuki scoffed.

"I'm sure this chocolate tastes good. It's (Y/N)-san who made it after all!", Musa smiled, fumbling to unwrap the chocolate. They all nod in agreement.

"No, the chocolates are actually-", Ouji was about to finish saying something when the guys already chomped the chocolate in one bite. "-really bitter", he finished by the time they started turning pale at the bitter taste of the chocolate in their mouth. Coughing, everyone began to scramble for water. "Indeed, bitter is a reality (Y/N)-san. Your recovery chocolate is the proof of it. I'd rather fall into a deep slumber by eating this than dying from Haiji-san's driving", Ouji continued rambling on his own as the rest of the guys almost died from the unexpected taste of (Y/N)'s recovery chocolate.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

10.9K 566 47
MHA Athlete! Au (No Quirks Au) Katsumi Saino had always loved the feeling of winning, especially when it came to competing against others. So natural...
6.7K 326 41
With Haiji Kiyose in his final year of University, it's his last chance to run in the Hakone Ekiden. Luckily, it doesn't take him too long to convinc...
9K 310 23
"𝘿𝙤 𝙞𝙩 𝙖𝙣𝙙 𝙄'𝙢 𝙖𝙡𝙡 𝙮𝙤𝙪𝙧𝙨~" 𝙃𝙚 𝙬𝙝𝙞𝙨𝙥𝙚𝙧𝙚𝙙, 𝙝𝙞𝙨 𝙡𝙞𝙥𝙨 𝙖 𝙛𝙚𝙬 𝙞𝙣𝙘𝙝𝙚𝙨 𝙖𝙬𝙖𝙮 𝙛𝙧𝙤𝙢 𝙮𝙤𝙪𝙧𝙨. . Y/n Hane...
315 2 9
*DISCONTINUED* Kageyama x reader Kageyama is the same as always uptight, moody, and socially awkward. Or is that just an act? (Y/n) is an average...