How to Tame a Demon [BxB]

By mek_14

[Book 1 of the: Roundtable Rebirth Series] All 15-year-old Hunter wanted was a friend, so when his parents an... More

Welcome!
DISCLAIMER
Official Playlist!
Ch. 1 - Hunter
Ch. 2 - Zekaj
BCH. 1 - Zekaj's First Day of School
Ch. 3 - Snowballs and School
Ch. 4 - Bonding
Ch. 5 - Anchor
Ch. 6 - Enraged
Ch. 7 - Possession
Ch. 8 - Pulled Forward
Ch. 9 - AJ
Ch. 10 - Demons
Ch. 11 - Return to the Void
Ch. 12 - Admitting and Awkwardness
Ch. 13 - The Pack Killer
Ch. 14 - Speedos and Sunscreen
Ch. 15 - Rainy Day
Ch. 16 - Cowardly Actions
Ch. 18 - Warmth
Ch. 19 - Morning After
Ch. 20 - A Little Lie
Ch. 21 - Pec Pillows
Ch. 22 - Calm
Ch. 23 - 1
Ch. 24 - A Demon and a Tight Space
Ch. 25 - Study Sesh
Ch. 26 - Voidbornes
BCH. 2 - Zekaj, Before the Summon
Ch. 27 - Soul Searching
Ch. 28 - How to Clean your Demon
Ch. 29 - Jealous Wolf
BCH. 3 - Zekaj's and the Holidays
Ch. 30 - Death Traps
Ch. 31 - Oblivious Demon
Ch. 32 - What a Demon Wants
Ch. 33 - Morning After (Reprise)
Ch. 34 - 4 is Enough
BCH. 4 - Zekaj and Zekai
Ch. 35 - Accidents Happen
Ch. 36 - IYKYK
Ch. 37 - Bad Feelings
Ch. 38 - Battle For Your Life
Ch. 39 - Cold
Ch. 40 - Straight to Voicemail
Ch. 41 - Jaxon
Ch. 42 - Snow and Sorries
Ch. 43 - Emrys
Ch. 44 - Live Like a Shadow
Ch. 45 - Study Sesh (Reprise)
Ch. 46 - Photograph
Ch. 47 - Greyrith, Wisconsin
Ch. 48 - Amet
Ch. 49 - Halls now Empty
Ch. 50 - PTSD
Ch. 51 - Page 1
Ch. 52 - The Rest of the Book
Ch. 53 - Spill
Ch. 54 - Fuck the Consequences
Ch. 55 - Frostbite
Ch. 56 - Rebond
Ch. 57 - Lets Talk
Ch. 58 - Brothers
Ch. 59 - Beards are Hot, Y'all are Just Lame
Ch. 60 - Meet the Inlaws
Ch. 61 - Uncomplicating Things
Ch. 62 - Up to Date
Ch. 63 - Aegon
Ch. 64 - Professor Zekai
Ch. 65 - Contracts
Ch. 66 - What a Demon Needs
Ch. 67 - Out in the Open
Ch. 68 - Demons Just Want to Have Fun
Ch. 69 - Volveth
Ch. 70 - Polaroids and Pectorals
Ch. 71 - Return to Earth
Ch. 72 - Previously On
Ch. 73 - Put It On His Tab
Ch. 74 - Tour Guide from Hell
Ch. 75 - Highspeed Hugs
Ch. 76 - Uncomplicating Things (Reprise)
Ch. 77 - Answers in Blood
Inksgiving 2021
Ch. 78 - Rebirth
Ch. 79 - Roundtable
Ch. 80 - The Sword in the Stone
Ch. 81 - Out of the Woods
Epilogue
BCH#5 - End of the Year
BCH#6 - Zekaj Learns How to Drive
Book 2 Reveal
BOOK 2 OUT NOW

Ch. 17 - Birthdays Suck

14.9K 777 589
By mek_14

WOOPS! Copy pasted the wrong chapter for this one. It's right now!

Make sure to read chapter 16, I double updated!

-MEK

September 13th - Hunter's Birthday

Hunter woke up to a buzzing on his stomach. Groggily, he opened his eyes and saw sunlight coming from his window. He sat up, supporting himself with his arms as he arched his back, stretching it.

He looked down towards his phone that he had slept on. The time on the phone read 7:00 am. He had slept through his alarm for 3:43.

"Fuck!" He quickly sat up and glanced all around his room for Zekaj.

He wasn't anywhere to be seen and he wasn't in his head.

"Zekaj?" He asked out loud. Maybe he was somewhere in the house?

He left his room in his pajama pants only and searched all around the house. He was nowhere to be found. He had been there when I fell asleep last night, where is he?

Hunter got back to his room and saw the note and pen laying on his desk. He ran for it and immediately picked it up and read Zekaj's terrible handwriting.

Hunter.

Problems in hell. Be back later. Happy birthday!

-Zekaj

Hunter immediately calmed down and resumed his day of getting ready for school. Sadly he had school on his birthday.

He threw on a pair of jeans and a t-shirt and was about to leave his room when he saw Zekaj's sweatshirt hanging off the door handle. He stared at it for a bit before slipping it on and basking in the sweet smell of Zekaj. It was enough to even get him a little excited.

He quickly left for school in his dad's car.

*****

The school was incredibly boring without Zekaj. How had he managed to do this for years without Zekaj. He actually had to sit and pay attention for once instead of having a conversation with Zekaj in his head since both of them knew the material already.

He was either listening to his teachers or staring off into space. But with this class, he couldn't stare off into space because someone was staring at him the whole time.

Max hadn't let Hunter leave his sight since he stepped into the class. It was unsettling how his eyes continuously bore into his body.

"Oh god. Are we soulmates?"  He thought, immediately turning around to look at Max.

The two stared at each other, only being interrupted by the bell. Hunter slowly got his stuff packed up watching Max's movement as he left the room first. If he was going to do this he needed to be sly, a simple bump and finger touch would be enough.

He really didn't want to be mated to Max but he had to know. He quickly left the room in the direction of Max. He tried to follow him as best as possible but when he turned the corner he was gone.

Hunter continued forward and was suddenly pulled into an empty classroom.

Hunter was quickly slammed into the wall by a big body. He looked into dark brown eyes staring into his own. Max was holding him against the wall.

Max was bigger than him due to his beta wolf gene. Max had short black hair curly hair that was nice with his dark skin.

"I don't know what you are, but stay away from Aj. I've gotten him to stay back from you now you need to do the same. If the coven and packs ever meet together, Stay. Away. From. Him."

"I think you're forgetting who was the bully in this situation, Max." Hunter stuttered out.

"I know! I know! It's not his fault for having a shitty dad alright. Just stay away from him. Or I'll make you. Got it.?"

That's when Hunter saw it in his eyes. Love.

"You love him don't you," Hunter said.

Max looked at him, shocked. He let go of Hunter on the spot.

"We're mated. He's mine." Max growled, staring at his balled-up fists. "If you touch him. I won't hesitate to kill you."

"I don't have any bone to pick with Aj. I forgive him and you for that day. I don't even know what happened that day. Alright?"

Max stared deep into his eyes trying to see if there were any lies in what he said.

"Fine," Max said. "And don't tell anyone about us."

"Are you even an "us"?" Hunter asked.

Max paused. "We're working on it."

With that Max went to leave the classroom, turning and looking back at Hunter before he left.

"I won't, I promise." Hunter said.

"Thank you." He said, leaving the room.

Hunter continued on with his boring birthday.

*****

Edge of Hell - Hunter's 18th birthday.

Zekai was just finally waking up after deciding to take a nap for the first time in months. He wasn't waking up willingly as Zekaj sat there shaking him.

"Finally you're awake Kai we need to talk." Kaj said to his sleepy brother. "I've been waiting hours for you to wake up god." He crossed his arms in annoyance.

"Well sorry, you show up the one time I take a nap." Kai laughed at his brother. "What's up?

"It's Hunter's birthday," Zekaj stated. It had been 12+ hours since Zekaj had gotten to hell. It was almost 10 pm on earth. When demons slept after not sleeping for months, they typically slept for a long time.

The whole time he waited for Zekai to wake up. He needed to talk to Zekai.

"Oh shit yeah it is. Tell him happy birthday from me." He smiled, rubbing his eyes. "Wait why aren't you with him?"

"I- I'm scared. He means so much to me! I was scared we would touch in the morning and find out we aren't soulmates. I wouldn't be able to handle it. If we aren't soulmates I'm going to-" He stopped and his eyes darkened. "I'm going to kill his soulmate."

"What?!" Kai screamed. "You can't do that!

"He. Is. MINE. Kai!" His enraged form was starting to slip out. His whole body started to ooze darkness and the form was coming out.

"Woah calm down dude. I'm certain you too are soulmates. I can see all the love in your eyes for him and I know he loves you too. He wouldn't have kept you around this long if he wasn't. You can be unbearable sometimes." Kai laughed.

Zekaj's form went back to normal and he was just mad now.

"What do you mean unbearable."

"Forget that. But you need to man up and hea- Uh what's happening."

Zekaj's foot had started to dissipate and seep into the floor. His whole body was slowly turning into the same shadow form he was when he teleported.

"He- He's pulling me back! Zekai! I'm not ready!" Zekaj grabbed Zekai's hand holding on for dear life. It was working a bit as they tried to keep Zekaj in hell.

"I'm sorry." Kai started.

"What?"

"You need to face him. Go get your man Zekaj."

"Wait wait wai- don't you dare."

"See ya kaj." Zekai let go.

"MOTHER FUCK-" Zekaj screamed as the rest of him fell through the portal.

*****

Earth

Zekaj wasn't back yet and neither were his parents.

He had been waiting since he got back from school hours ago. It was almost 9 pm and his parents weren't home. They should've been back hours ago for his birthday dinner.

He didn't mind Zekaj being gone since he had duties in Hell unannounced but he needed them.

Just then the door opened and his family walked in. He was sitting on the couch waiting for them to get home. It was the best spot to watch the door and still be entertained by the tv.

They were all laughing, completely missing him sitting on the couch. In his father's hands were two styrofoam boxes, they had leftovers.

"Hey," Hunter said. "I've been waiting for you guys uh. I tried to call and everything."

"Oh, honey our phones are dead since we didn't bring chargers." His mother said. Which was a lie since Hannah was on hers when they entered. They all had the same type of phone. He had also tried calling Hannah.

"But you guys still never came home. And you got dinner without me."

"Well, it's a special day for Hannah since she's going to be the coven leader soon." His mother defended herself.

"So you celebrated her almost being the leader on my birthday? You couldn't have just waited till she actually became the leader?" Hunter asked, fighting back the tears that weren't threatening to come out.

"Listen, I won't take the backtalk."

"I'm not back talking, I'm just-" Hunter was cut off.

"There you go again. You can't just accept anything and always have to fight against us." His father yelled.

"I never fight you guys. I always keep my mouth shut. But on the one day that's supposed to be about me you go and celebrate Hannah ALMOST becoming the fucking leader! And let me guess none of those-" He sniffled, "Boxes are even for me! You never think about me, it's always Hannah this, Hannah that. Fuck you guys." From the guilty look on his father's face, he knew they hadn't even thought of him.

The tears had broken through the damn and fell as he ran up the stairs to his room, slamming it shut. He threw himself on the bed and held onto Zekaj's sweater that he was still wearing.

Hunter needed Zekaj. Today was terrible. His marks haven't come in yet and he doubted he was going to get any. He knew he was a disappointment in his parent's eyes and that's all he ever was going to be. Why not add this to the list.

The door to his bedroom had a couple of gentle knocks hit it before the door opened.

"Hunter?" It was his dad. He didn't respond. "I know you're not sleeping.

The room fell into an awkward silence as neither of them have ever experienced something like this.

"We can go somewhere tomorrow if you'd like." His father said.

Hunter waited to answer, not even sure what to say.

"It's fine. I just want to sleep." He choked through the sentence as the tears continued to fall.

"Ok then." His father whispered. "Goodnight son. If your marks give you any trouble tonight don't hesitate to yell." Hunter didn't respond as his dad shut the door.

Hunter sat in his bed for a good long while. Finally, when the clock hit 10:10 he got to work. He grabbed the demonology book from his desk and headed for the basement. He first checked to make sure no one was up, no one was.

The basement had been set up from the couple of practice rituals Hunter had done days ago with Zekaj. All he needed to do was chalk in Zekaj's symbol in the middle and light some candles.

He drew the intricate lines and edges of his symbol and began work on lighting up all the candles, it was going to take a bit.

He finished after lighting several candles and opened the demonology book to the section on contracts. He remembered reading something on forcing a demon back to you somewhere in the book. After skimming through pages he finally found it. It was a simple spell that didn't require much.

He knew Zekaj might be busy, but he badly needed him. The tears threatened to return.

He knelt down by the pentagram and held his hand over the symbol of Zekaj.

"Zekaj daegresmion."  He whispered.

He waited a bit and finally, shadows began flowing out of the middle of the pentagram and a Zekaj began to take form. Finally, Hunter stared into Zekaj's eye as he had finished forming.

"Zekaj-"

"Don't touch me!" Zekaj screamed jumping back, falling to the ground in a thud. Hunter stepped closer to him and he backed up into the corner of the room. "Please I can't-"

"Why can't I touch you Zekaj?" Hunter cried. "I- I-"

"I can't say, Hunter." Zekaj tried to hold back his tears. "You'll hate me!"

The floodgate had opened for both of them. Their emotions spewing out, on show for each other in the dimly lit room. Hunter had never seen Zekaj cry like this.

"Zekaj I could never hate you."  I love you.

"You- You will I promise." He wept.

Hunter knelt down near Zekaj. They were arm lengths apart, if they both extended their arms, they would just be able to touch.

"Please tell me Zekaj." Hunter sobbed. "Do- Do you not want to be my soulmate? Is that why you don't want to touch?"

Zekaj's eyes widened at what Hunter said. The tears continued to fall as he stared into Hunter's brown eyes and Hunter stared into his glowing pale gold eyes.

"It's the opposite." He stuttered, wiping his eyes. "Hunter I love you so much it hurts. Thinking of anyone else with you pisses me off and I almost lose control."

Zekaj loves me. Hunter thought.  He. Loves. Me.

"Zekaj," Hunter started to say through the continuous tears.

"Please don't say it! I can't take your rejection, Hunter. It'll kill me." Zekaj cried covering his face with his hands.

"Zekaj, I have loved you for so long." He laughed. "You're all I think about when I'm awake, and you're in my dreams when I'm not. I've woken up so many times with your arms wrapped around me and it makes me feel so loved. I've never felt so much love in my heart than when you came into my life."

"W-what?" Zekaj slowly uncovered his face.

"I love you Zekaj."

"You love me?"

"How many times do you want me to say it?" Hunter laughed.

"A couple more times wouldn't hurt." Zekaj replied. Hunter laughed again.

"I love you."

Hunter slowly extended his hand.

"I love you."

He pushed further.

"I love you."

His hand was now as far as it could go.

"I know deep down I am your soulmate Zekaj and you are mine. If we aren't," He laughed. "Then we'll march into the spirit world and find whoever makes the bond and beat their ass into making us soulmates."

Zekaj chuckled at that. "It'd be an easy fight."

Hunter's hand continued to sit stretched out. He was begging for Zekaj to just touch him.

"So what do you say?" Hunter questioned. "Wanna touch tips?"

Zekaj laughed and slowly held up his arm extending it closer and closer to Hunter.

His fingertips stretched out from his fist.

And they touched.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

137K 6.4K 29
When Ben's secret boyfriend, Mickey, forgets he exists, he discovers an underground world of wizards and teams up with Mickey's impostor to save him...
151K 6.9K 30
[Part 1 of the Witch Chronicles, Completedâś”] Perry Bennett is an intelligent, witty high school student in a small town adjacent to Salem. As the sum...
136K 7.1K 44
Eli sold his soul to the devil to save his family and his village. He asked for fertile lands with clean water. The devil granted him that but it all...