Everything & More (Book 1 in...

By SelMarX

Martha, a strong blinded by love woman, must come to terms that Everything she knows in life is going to chan... More

🚨AUTHOR'S NOTE 🚨
Chapter 1-Martha
Chapter 2-Martha
Chapter 3-Ryan
Chapter 4-Martha
Chapter 5-Jonathan
Chapter 6-Ryan
Chapter 7-Martha
Chapter 8-Martha
Chapter 9-Ryan
Chapter 10-Jonathan
Chapter 11-Martha
Chapter 12-Martha
Chapter 13-Martha
Chapter 14-Martha
Chapter 15-Martha
Chapter 17-Martha
Chapter 18-Martha
Chapter 19-Ryan
Chapter 20-Ryan
Chapter 21-Martha
Chapter 22-Martha
Chapter 23-Jonathan
Chapter 24-Martha
Chapter 25-Martha
Chapter 26-Martha
Chapter 27-Ryan
Chapter 28-Jonathan
Chapter 29-Martha
Chapter 30-Martha
Chapter 31-Ryan
Chapter 32-Ryan
Chapter 33-Martha
Chapter 34-Ryan
Chapter 35-Jonathan
Chapter 36-Martha
Continuing Update🚨
Chapter 37 - Martha
Chapter 38-Martha
Chapter 39-Martha
Chapter 40-Ryan
Chapter 41-Martha
Chapter 42-Martha
Chapter 43-Martha
Chapter 44-Martha
Chapter 45-Jonathan
Chapter 46-Martha
Chapter 47-Ryan
Chapter 48-Martha
Chapter 49-Ryan
Chapter 50-Martha
Chapter 51-Ryan
Chapter 52-Jackie
Chapter 53-Martha
Chapter 54-Jonathan
Chapter 55-Martha
Chapter 56-Ryan
Chapter 57-Martha
Chapter 58-Third Person
Chapter 59-Ryan
Chapter 60-Jonathan
Chapter 61-Jonathan

Chapter 16-Ryan

613 25 0
By SelMarX

"Okay, try again." The noise of the ignition clicking over and over again filled the auto shop. It was giving me a headache. This was my last fix for the day and I didn't want to leave it for tomorrow. "Dammit." I said, hitting the side of the car.

"You've made all the necessary adjustments, why isn't it turning on." Liam, the new hire said as he exited the car. He was a junior in high school still going through puberty. The wispy curly blonde hair, acne ridden face and glasses said it all. He said he wanted a mechanic job because he loved cars. Though I've talked to him enough to know he doesn't know a damn thing about them. I shrugged, grabbing the rag with the tools and wiping my hands of the grease that had accumulated. A honk came from behind us, gaining our attention. The car pulled right next to the neon lit sign that displayed 'Precision Fixes & Tires'. In it we saw a familiar short blonde haired woman with glasses in the driver's seat. "That's my mom... I could stay if you want." I looked at the wall clock above the office door: 10pm.

"Nah, I'm good. It's Friday night, you shouldn't be working so hard. I appreciate you working the graveyard shift. I'll see you on Monday." Liam nodded with a smile and grabbed his things before hopping into his mother's car.

The auto shop had the option to be open concept in the back if it wanted to. Late at night I liked having the garage doors wide open. We had four working stations, though all the doors in front of them were closed and mine was open. I liked feeling like I was at home working in my own garage. It gave me a sense of peace. I looked through my tool box and back at the opened hood of the car. I went over every move I made, trying to see if maybe I missed something.

I checked the battery and alternator... so what the fuck is wrong with it?

Grabbing the wrench I went back in and got to work. Music played in the background to keep me going and not make me feel like I was pulling the all-nighter that I was.

~~~~~~

The music coming from my playlist repeated itself for the fourth time before I heard cursing coming from the office. I looked up to see a figure fluttering inside, it looked like pure clumsiness. Finally the door to the garage opened to reveal Garrett stepping out. He had on a black v-neck that was one size too small. It didn't help that he was built like a truck though he was short in stature. Garrett also had short black hair and hazel eyes. His uncle owned Precision Fixes & Tires. It was a huge franchise that practically had a place in every state of the country. Garrett managed this one so he was technically my boss. He looked up to see me, "You're still here?".

"Yea I got a car to fix." I motioned to the open hood.

He chuckled as he shook his head walking toward me, "My guy it's 2am. I ain't paying you overtime."

"Funny." I deadpanned. "You know me, don't like to leave anything unfinished."

"That I do. I had to pick up some papers for my Uncle to sign." He said holding up a stack in his hand.

"Speaking of, did you talk to him?"

"I did," he stayed silent, staring at me.

What the hell is he waiting for? "Don't make me beg."

"I don't know, making Ryan Mendoza beg might be good for my rep. Tell everybody how I finally got you on your knees." He began laughing.

I shoved one of his shoulders glaring at him, "Garrett stop fucking with me."

He looked away chuckling, "Alright, alright, he said he was impressed with how you handled the investors. Said even the investors were impressed too."

"Really?" I couldn't hide my surprise, this is something I've wanted for a long time but it's not something I exactly have the education for.

"Yes man. You killed the meeting!" He dapped me up, patting me on the back. "Just like I said you would."

"Thanks, so what are the next steps?"

"Well, I think my uncle is going to want to see you in action. Which means... no more grease monkey. Got to get you a suit." I rolled my eyes at his comment. He knew I wasn't a corporate guy, not that it mattered. When it came to this I didn't have a choice.

"Yea, yea I'll get right on it." I bent down and started adding more adjustments to the car as I spoke, "You hear from that other thing."

At first Garrett looked confused until he held my stare and his eyes widened when he remembered, "Oh yea, they just want to see your house, how does it look?"

"Fully renovated, I feel like I might have gone overboard. I mean I'm not exactly located in Beverly Hills or some shit."

"No but you don't want it to look like the projects either."

"I appreciate you helping me with everything."

"No problem," Garrett looked toward the car that I was working on, "So what seems to be the problem." Before I could speak a car pulled up behind us with their high beams on. We put our hand up to block the light; it turned off a few seconds later. Though that didn't help the colors my eyes were seeing afterward.

The driver's door opened but I still couldn't see. "This bitch, you know that hurt my fucking eyes." Garrett spoke next to me.

After blinking a few times, they finally adjusted for me to see a smug look on Mason as he approached us. "What is with you and the dramatic entrance?"

"Sorry I couldn't help myself."

"What are you doing here anyway?" I said as I turned back to the car.

"I can't come see my best friend."

"Hey, I thought I was your best friend." Garrett said, looking at me with a slightly hurt look on his face. His hand went up to his heart and pretended to be wounded. "Oh wow you're not even going to deny it."

"I am not doing this with the two of you right now." I said, shaking my head.

"Garrett we all know I'm his best friend, now why don't you run along and get me a beer or something." Mason said getting territorial.

Garrett rolled his eyes, flipping Mason off, "Fuck off."

"Love youu." Mason sang while blowing kisses at the retreating back of Garrett before he stood right next to me.

"You're both children."

"What did I do? I was telling the truth of our relationship."

I rolled my eyes and moved on, "So how's working at the hospital?"

"Pretty good, the kids are great and can't complain about the co-workers either. Martha and I are actually grabbing coffee on Monday." I involuntarily paused when I heard and once Mason spoke I knew he didn't miss it. "What?"

"Nothing."

"You wanna try that lie again... But this time be more convincing."

He should know before he goes and talks to Martha that I blabbed about his failed marriage. I just thought he also might like talking to someone. "Listen man, I'm sorry but I needed to tell her. I didn't go into detail just that you understood what she was going through."

"I'm not mad that you told her."

He knew?! "Wait, you knew already?"

"Of course I knew, Martha was very straight forward about her intentions of us meeting up for coffee. It was really refreshing."

"Wait, if you knew why didn't you come right out and say that?"

"I wanted to see how long it would take for you to squeal... Obviously not long."

"You're such a dick," I scoffed, shaking my head. I turned to get back to work but stopped myself, "Would you mind just giving her advice?"

He shrugged nonchalantly, "Sure, though I'm not sure how good I'll be. I'm not exactly the poster child of marriages. I'm divorced."

"Yea but wouldn't you have liked to have had someone during the rough parts who understood, so you didn't feel so alone." He took what I said and thought about it for a moment.

"Yea I guess you're right," I saw him trying to figure out how to phrase his sentence. "What kind of advice did you want me to give her?"

"What do you mean?"

"I could give advice that can go two ways, one she leaves him and never looks back or two she tries to work things out and live happily ever after. I'm asking you, which one do I give."

"What does it matter what I say?"

"Don't play that crap Ryan. You hate Jonathan and you don't hate anyone. On top of that, this is Martha we are talking about. So I'm going to ask again what you want me to say."

"I'm not going to coerce her through a third party, Mason!"

"Coerce who?" Garrett said, walking back with two beers in his hand.

Mason had a smirk on his face as he spoke, "Martha."

"Martha?" Garrett was trying to remember the name, "Oh is she the woman that you're buying that-"

"Hey!" I blurted out before he could finish his sentence. He stopped and looked toward Mason who looked even more confused. When he looked at me he realized I hadn't told Mason anything about what I had been doing.

Mason looked at me as he squinted his eyes and tilted his head, "Ryan, what's he talking about?"

"Nothing." I couldn't tell him, he'd think I was crazy. I am crazy.

Mason took a second to look back at Garrett who looked guilty as hell and then back at me,"You told Vin Diesel wanna be but not me?"

"Fuck you!" Garrett retorted, "and he told me because he can trust me."

"No, I told you because I needed your help. Otherwise no one would have known until I was ready. So both of you shut up. Mason I will tell you... soon. Garrett, don't antagonize him, you know he's sensitive." I was adamant in my conviction. I knew I would tell Mason just not right now, I can't tell anyone until I'm done.

Mason scoffed as he walked away, "I guess I know what piece of advice I'm going to give."

Dick

I rolled my eyes and looked at Garrett who had an apologetic look on his face. "It's fine, just try turning on the car for me." With that Garrett leaped into the front seat, when he turned the key the ignition roared to life. I couldn't help but smile to myself.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

73.1K 5.8K 35
She wants out of her marriage, but would she be willing to sell her trigger-happy husband and his sadistic crew out to start a new life?
16.1K 349 14
Love is a beautiful thing. It takes commitment for it work. Alicia and Harrison are newly weds and building a beautiful life together. A chance meeti...
603 6 31
Kelly moves to a suburban area to take a break from her life. This was meant to be a few months of laying low, but she did not anticipate finding lov...
543K 15.3K 19
As a single mom intent on making a better life for my two children and myself, I gave up dating while I finished my degree and started a new job. The...