Always- a Hinny / Romione fan...

By allfandomfanfics_

The rest of the Harry Potter character's lives. Filing the 19 year gap J. K. Left us with (And then some xD) ... More

Chapter One: Going back
Chapter Two: The Feast
Chapter Three: Common Room
Chapter Four: Gorgeous
Chapter Five: Hogsmede
Chapter Six: Worries
Chapter Seven: A kiss
Chapter Eight: Quidditch tryouts
Chapter Nine: After Quidditch practice...
Chapter Ten: Charms class
Chapter Eleven: Cho Chang and Dean Thomas
Chapter Twelve: Vanessa's clever plan
Chapter Thirteen: Heartbroken
Chapter Fourteen: Confused...?
Chapter Fifteen: Quidditch and Tears
Chapter Sixteen: You Arse Ronald
Chapter Seventeen: Neville's discovery
Mini celebration lol
Chapter Eighteen: Christmas
Chapter Nineteen: You Call Yourself Our Mother
Chapter Twenty: Nuna
Chapter Twenty-One: Just another Hogsmede visit
Chapter Twenty Two: Valentine's Day
Chapter twenty three: Vanessa's departure
Chapter Twenty Four: Flashbacks
Chapter Twenty Five: Wrackspurts and Firebolts
Chapter Twenty Six: A Romantic Guesture
Chapter Twenty Seven
Chapter Twenty Eight
Chapter Twenty Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty One
Chapter Thirty Two
Chapter Thirty Three
Chapter Thirty Four
Chapter Thirty Five (lets retry)
Chapter Thirty Six
Chapter Thirty Seven
Chapter Thirty Eight
Chapter Thirty Nine
Chapter Forty
Chapter Forty-One
Chapter Forty Two
Chapter Forty Three
Chapter Forty Four
Chapter Forty Five
Chapter Forty Six
Chapter Forty Seven
Sorry not a chapter
Chapter Forty Eight
Chapter Forty Nine
Sorry i suck
Chapter Fifty: Wedding Vows
Chapter Fifty One
Authors note
Authors Note pt 2
Chapter Fifty Two
Chapter Fifty Three (YES I AM ALIVE)
Chapter Fifty Four
Chapter Fifty Five
Chapter Fifty Six
Chapter Fifty Seven
Chapter Fifty Eight
Chapter Fifty Nine
Chapter Sixty
Chapter Sixty One
Chapter Sixty Two
Chapter Sixty Three
Chapter Sixty Four
Chapter Sixty Five
Chapter Sixty Six
IM SORRY
Chapter Sixty Seven
Chapter Sixty Eight
Chapter 69
Chapter Seventy
Long Time No See

Chapter Fifty One: A Teaspoon

7.7K 265 240
By allfandomfanfics_

Harry sidestepped into the fairly large, double office he shared with Ron. The walls were plastered with everything from pictures and newspapers of criminals they were tracking down, to the whirring Chudly Cannons poster above Ron's desk, to photos, of Harry Ginny and Teddy, laughing at the camera, Ron and Hermione with their arms around eachother, Harry and Ginny in a long white dress and suit, and Harry, Ron, and Hermione, tiny first years, waving. That seemed so long ago.

"Hey," Harry surveyed Ron's already tired, freckled face above a stack of self-shuffling papers. "Got anything?"

"Zero," Ron sighed. "He could be anywhere in London. You know, there have been five hundred of these...we could have a huge problem with the Branch of Secrecy if we don't act soon,"

There was a theif who was stealing magical creatures, all the way from non-tradable ones, like baby dragons, to garden gnomes, and releasing them into random muggle places. It was quite a job for Obliviators.

"Hermione catching onto you," Harry smiled. To his confusement, Ron grunted inaudibly. "What's wrong?"

"She's been so...distant. Since George and Angelina's reception. I try to hug her, she shrugs me off. I try to kiss her, she draws away quickly. I try to talk to her, and she just nods. I don't know what I'm doing."

Harry bit his thumb, thinking hard. This was Hermione, and she was also a girl, and girl, plus Hermione, plus angry, could never be good.

"Ron...You don't reckon that it could be that you haven't...well...proposed to her?"

Ron looked at him, bemused.

"Well, you said it was ever since George and Angelina's wedding, and they're married, Percy and Audrey are married, Gin and I...and you haven't made a move,"

Ron sat up indignantly.

"You have no idea how many times I've stressed about it, thought about the just so way to propose, what she'd say, what her dad would say..." He burried his face in his hands.

Harry didn't know what to say. They sat in silence, Harry occasionally clearing his throat, or shuffling a paper. Finally he muttered with a last hearty stab at conversation.

"Guess she was right. You really do have the emotional range of a teaspoon."

Ron looked up. His face was sparked with a mixture of confusion, inspiration, and excitement.

"What? When did she say that?"

Harry thought, dumbstruck.

"Dunno...years ago...it's silly, really that I remember it." Harry secretly tried to hold onto so many tiny memories, afraid of letting them go, although he had trouble remembering why he walked into certain rooms.

"Say that again."

"Er- it's silly-"

"No!" Ron was straight backed, and his blue eyes were wide. "The other thing!"

"You have the emotional range of a teaspoon?" Harry's eyebrows crept together, not sure where Ron was going with this.

"Yes!" Ron slid the papers to the far side of his handsome, mahogany desk.
"I just have to prove to her that I don't..."

The head of Auror Office, Frederick Addleback, stuck his his bald, brawny head in the office.

"You boys got any leads yet! The Obliviators are breathing down my neck here, having to modify all these muggle's memories-"

"We're working, sir, I think just a couple more hours should give us a lead on how he hides himself-" Harry wished sometimes, that he could have Hermione here to do the thinking for him. He smiled at what she'd say to that.

Ron's rapid expression of inspiration vanished, and he quickly returned to his stack of papers.
***

The entire Weasley family was now much to large to have a meal in the kitchen, so Mrs. Weasley had the long table set up in the back garden again. She had told the family upon Ron's request, that it was a "just cause" dinner, but she had worked herself like it was thanksgiving. Turkey, ham, roast beef, and many other fantastic foods.

Victorie and Teddy sat together, gleefully making castles out of the gloppy mashed potatoes. After awhile, Fleur scolded her daughter in rapid French. After Fleur had turned, Teddy gave Victorie a winning smile.

Harry was too focused on Ron's trembling hands, and on Hermione's eyes, wandering every so often over one of the other girl's wedding rings, to notice Teddy's misbehavior. Ginny was giving him tips on how to get his house to stand up straighter.

Finally, after homemade cheesecake, everyone was feeling very full. Ron stood up. Harry watched in anxious anticipation. His two best friends. Hermione looked at Ron questioningly. He shut his eyes, and let out a shuddering gasp. George snickered.

Ron jumped the gun, and skipped absolutely everything he had written out to say. He pulled a gold teaspoon out of his pocket, and as he got onto one knee, placed it in Hermione's small, shaking hand.

"All-" he stopped mid-sentence. He took a deep breath. "All my emotions go to you."

Then, a dainty ring was in his hand, and before Hermione knew it, he slipped it onto her finger. She didn't even care what it looked like, she flung herself top speed onto his arms, sobbing.

Ron's eyes were wide. He mouthed at Harry, what do I do?! Ginny doubled over laughing.

"Yes," Hermione squeaked into the redhead's shoulder. "Yes, yes, yes."
***

As soon as they got home, into their little flat, Hermione threw her arms around Ron again.

"Ron, I wanted to apologize."

Ron looked confused, and felt a deep pit of strange worry in his stomach.

"What fo-"

Hermione put a trembling finger to his lips, which was quite hard, considering the height distance.

"I want to apologize for being so stupid. Idiotic. Ungrateful. Girlish. I had no right to be like that. Please, Ron, forgive me."

He stared down into her eyes. They seemed golden. He just now realized the small ring of pleasant green around them, usually hidden by the Chocolaty color. They were clotted with more tears, making them shine.

When I look into your eyes,

It's like watching the night sky,

Or a beautiful sunrise,

There's so much they hold.

Ron tilted her trembling chin up. He pressed her to his chest, smelling her hair. He couldn't pin what it smelt like, not a specific fragrance. If he had to, he'd call it peaceful.

"Don't worry. I love you. I love you for all of it. The good times or the bad. That's what I'm going to be promising you. For better or for worse." Ron knew he sounded cheesy, but he also knew she needed to hear it.

And just like them old stars

I see that you've come so far.

To be right where you are,

How old is your soul?

Hermione rested her head on his chest. She whispered, voice trembling.

"We've been through a lot huh?" He nodded. There was a pause, not uncomfortable or awkward, just warm. "If we're going to be married, I need you to promise me something."

Well I won't give up on us,

Even if the skies get rough,

I'm giving you all my love,

I'm still looking up.

Ron gulped, waiting anxiously.

"Don't ever let me do that again. You don't deserve it. Don't let me be like that. Promise me you're going to tell me, right then, when I'm being stupid and ungrateful." Her voice caught. "Okay?"

'Cause even the stars, they burn

Some even fall to the earth

We got a lot to learn

But God knows we're worth it.

"Okay." Ron replied in a steady voice. They swayed a bit, her arms around his neck, his around her waist. There was a long, long pause, filled only by their thoughts.

"I can't believe you remembered that," she said finally, turning her head to look him in the eyes.

He thought about saying how Harry reminded him, but decided that might not be smart.

"Yeah, it is kind of weird..."

I won't give up, on us,

Even if the skies get rough

I'm giving you all my love,

I'm still looking up

Neither of them knew who had kissed who, but their lips were on eachother's, communicating things that they never could with words. Passion, forgiveness, apologies, love, all wrapped into one kiss, pressing together urgently and tightly, as though after weeks of distancy, they couldn't get enought of eachother.

I'm giving you all my love

I'm still looking up.
***

Hey soo yay ron proposed 😊

Don't mind the random Auror missions; trying to be creative I guess!

Do any of you guys know my name? 😂

I was wondering if this is dumb or not...I could do a "Question of the Chapter," so I could get to know you guys more, and you could get to know me? Tell me if that's cool or dumb, idk 😊😊

❤️❤️

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

103K 2.8K 16
This is a short fanfic based on J.K. Rowling's Harry Potter series. The story starts after the war, and Hermione is dating Ron, all while keeping her...
6.4K 176 14
It's been three years since the war of Hogwarts, and everyone is leading on with their lives. How are they getting on? Read to find out...
179K 3.1K 140
exactly what the title says.
3.7K 61 5
Harry Potter ships. I do not own this ship stories except Hinny and Romione cause I don't like Dramione and Drinny but I still wanted to make a Harry...