Azur Lane : Might of The Drag...

By RGX4399

Onwards to the year of 2035, the PLA Navy successfully built their latest supercarrier, Zhejiang of the Type... More

Info About Zhejiang
Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Special Chapter 1
Chapter 7 Part 1
Info About Zhejiang (Retrofit)
Chapter 8 Part 1
Chapter 8 Part 2
Chapter 9 Part 1
Chapter 9 Part 2
Post 10.000 Reads Special Chapter
The Calyph Fleet Character Bio
Chapter 10 Part 1
Info About Pingxiang
Chapter 10 Part 2
Dragon Empery Shipgirls Equipment (After Modern Retrofit)
Chapter 11 Part 1
Chapter 11 Part 2
Chapter 11 Part 3
Special Chapter 2

Chapter 7 Part 2

1.5K 18 7
By RGX4399

Note : The pictures that posted in this book belongs to it's respective owners and Azur Lane belongs to Yostar, Yongshi and Manjuu.

Font tips :

Normal : Speaking normally

Italic : Speaking inside their mind

Bold : Character's name

Recap : Zhejiang receives a new order from Admiral Shangfei about a supply drop inside his dream. After he finishes his meeting with Enterprise and the other shipgirls about the Black Mental Cube, he goes back to his ship in his dock to check on his UAV while encounters King George V in the docks and goes to his hangar to introduce the rest of his aircraft to Sheffield.

After Zhejiang opens the hangar door, the hangar reveals a lot of aircraft varieties including Multirole planes, AWACS Plane, and helicopters. Both KGV and Sheffield are silently surprised for all the aircraft stored inside the ship hangar.

Zhejiang : Now, because Sheffield barely knows the important info about the planes, how about I guide you girls a little bit? *walking to one of his planes*

Both Sheffield and KGV are now following him from behind. For Zhejiang, this is not only an aircraft close view for KGV, but he also introduced Sheffield about his aircrafts, because he only introduced her about his attacker plane in combat. Seconds later, Zhejiang stopped nearby his main combat multirole planes.

Zhejiang : *doing a hand signal directed to his J-15's nearby* These planes here is the usual plane I used in combat. Shenyang J-15 Flying Shark is a multirole that capable of taking out enemy ship and planes at the same time, with a cruising speed of 2,000 kph. They're equipped with autocannon, anti air missiles, and anti ship missiles.

Sheffield : *curious Sheffy face* Mind telling me what a missile is?

Zhejiang : Missiles is an airbone ranged weapon capable of loading various type of warhead. Missiles is known for their guidance system that allows them to pursuit the target after the missiles locked on into a certain type of enemy.

Sheffield : *nods as sign of agreement*

Zhejiang : However, I'm not finished yet. This is only one plane, I haven't introduce you to all of them.

Sheffield : If that's the case, I will go along. I am hoping to know and remember every variation of your aircraft.

Zhejiang : *changes attention to KGV* George, mind if I continue introducing my aircrafts before I check on my UAV?

KGV : Sure, I don't mind.

Zhejiang : Hao. (Good.) Let's continue on with the aircraft introduction. *walked away from his ordinary carrier based multiroles*

Both Sheffield and KGV agrees to follow Zhejiang, in order to learn every important aspects from his aircrafts. Seconds later, they're arrived in front of his special planes, the Gyrfalcon.

Zhejiang : *doing a hand signal to his stealth multiroles* These planes is one of my special planes, they're called Shenyang J-31 Gyrfalcon. One of their notable feature is they equipped with the stealth capabilities similar to my Sharp Sword UAV, using the stealth coating to avoid radar detection. The armaments are similar, but Gyrfalcon is at next level in terms of maneuverability.

Sheffield : No wonder that I can't detect them on my radar, back when I saw him launched four of them...

KGV : His Gyrfalcon is indeed very lethal if no one can spot them with radar. Especially for the Siren fleet.

Zhejiang : Because I already introduce both planes to Sheffield, let's go check my UAV. *walk towads his stealth UAV*

Sheffield and KGV walks to follow Zhejiang who's currently walks towards his GJ-11 Sharp Sword that he used in the previous naval operation. After they arrives nearby three stealth UAV's, both shipgirls were surprised that his UAV has a weird shape, especially Sheffield who's encountered his stealth UAV in the previous rescue operation.

Sheffield : Master Zhejiang, are those the stealth UAV that you're talking about?

KGV : I've never seen an aircraft with a shape like that in my life.

Zhejiang : Yup, you girls guessed it. This strange looking aircraft here is the GJ-11 Sharp Sword, it is equipped with 2 missiles and 4 small guided bombs. *preparing an engineering tool set nearby* Now allow me to check on damages in this thing.

-15 minutes timeskip-

After Zhejiang checking his stealth UAV for damages for 15 minutes, they're following him walking around the hangar to see several carrier based JH-7A Flounder at standby.

KGV : *pointing her left hand to the plane* What are those planes?

Zhejiang : Those are the naval version of Xi'an JH-7A Flounder, my attacker plane. They're effectively used to intercept enemy ground forces and naval forces in a big number. Equipped with autocannon, standard anti air missiles, vulcan cannon pods, and various types of bombs. Sheffield already seen this plane in action.

KGV : Mind telling me about this "vulcan cannon pod"?

Zhejiang : Vulcan cannon pod is a detachable pods that contain a rotary cannon. Originally, it was made from my dimension's Eagle Union, but my nation's air force are running out of idea for their armaments, so they made one. *sighs* I still can't get over about the fact, that my nation's air force are an expert at copying stuffs from other countries.

KGV : I see... Can you explain about the specifications?

Zhejiang : Technically, they can fire 6,000 rounds per minute in 1 km firing range.

Sheffield : *amazed with the same stoic face* No wonder the weapon is so loud for our hearings.

KGV : *amazed again* It's amazing... That's why your Flounder is a plane that the Crimson Axis shouldn't take lightly.

Zhejiang : *looking away from both girls* Yup, with all of that armaments for my Flounders, they're easily become a big threat to the enemies that stationed in land and sea. *walked away from his attacker planes*

-Short timeskip-

Sheffield and KGV continue to follow Zhejiang who's currently walking towards his AWACS plane. Both of them were silently curious about why there is a radar dome placed in his plane.

Zhejiang : This plane right here is my AWACS plane or "Airborne Early Warning and Control" plane. The Xi'an KJ-600 is a twin engine aircraft used to recon the enemy position, support allies in combat, and identify a certain military entities. *pointing to the radar dome* The radar dome allows this plane to increase the radar detection range.

Sheffield : *raises her right hand* If I may ask, why does this plane fitted perfectly inside this hangar?

Zhejiang : Because this plane is the third variant of KJ-600. The variant of this plane is compatible with my ship, since the first and second variant is an entirely different plane. *remember something* Oh yeah, I forgot something. I usually referred this one plane as AWACS Zhao Yan.

AWACS Zhao Yan : *AI voice system activated* I heard you loud and clear, sir. Standing by for the next sortie. *AI voice system deactivated*

Zhejiang : The AI system or Artificial Intelligence system allows Zhao Yan and the other aircrafts do specific commands from me. So far, the only aircraft equipped with AI voice system is Zhao Yan.

KGV : *awkward face* Okay... Now we're understand. Is there more aircraft variety inside your hangar?

Zhejiang : Yup, there's more. Now let's look at my helicopters. *doing a signal for the girls to follow him* Follow me. *walks to his helicopters stored in the hangar*

-12 minutes timeskip-

After Zhejiang introduces Z-10 and Z-11W to both KGV and Sheffield (plus Z-9C Haitun for Sheffield only), both of the girls followed Zhejiang to the forward bridge only to meet a certain flag. The small PLA Navy flag in a small flagpole. Before Zhejiang enters the door entrance to a stairwell in his ship, he notices that both girls are stop following him.

Zhejiang : Girls, zenmeliao? (what's wrong?)

KGV : Umm, Zhejiang? *points her right hand at the small PLA Navy flag nearby her* What is this flag?

Zhejiang : *walks back to the girls and looking at the flag* The flag of my nation's navy. The People Liberation Army Navy, a navy branch serving for People's Republic of China.

Sheffield : I beg your pardon? *confused face* People's Republic of China?

KGV : Can you tell us about it?

Zhejiang : Gaisi de... (F*cking hell...) If it comes to this, then... *coughs then changes into serious expression* Alright, I will tell you... But, I warn you. This won't be a good thing, especially for Eagle Union and Royal Navy shipgirls.

KGV : *realizing that Zhejiang shows unusual expression* Why is his face turned serious all of a sudden?

Sheffield : *realizing Zhejiang's expression as well* Master Zhejiang, what's troubling you right now?

-15 minutes timeskip after explanation-

Zhejiang : That is all about the important fact about my nation. If you're not fully understand, then I won't argue.

Sheffield : *stoic face of pity* I have no words to describe your pain.

KGV : I didn't know that you had an admiral before you were here...

Zhejiang : *serious face* Now you understand why I forced myself to be your ally, I am from a communist country. I don't want to be allies with Eagle Union and Royal Navy, but the Sirens took my admiral live away alongside with hundreds of my crews.

KGV : *face of pity* We are so sorry to hear that.

Zhejiang : Because of that, I have a mixed feeling on how I will live a life in this world and that feeling leaves me a question. Do I have to trust my nation's high-ups or to trust a single person? Basically, I am alone now without Admiral Shangfei. *frowns*

After seconds of silence from the 15 minutes explanation about PRC, Zhejiang speaks first about a favor to both of the girls.

Zhejiang : *sighs* George, Sheffield, I have a favor to ask.

Sheffield : *curious Sheffy face* What favor do you need, Master Zhejiang?

Zhejiang : Can you keep this a secret for a while? I'm already asked Queen Elizabeth, Warspite, Wales, Hood, and Illustrious to not talked about me of being a communist and a natural enemy to Eagle Union and Royal Navy in my dimension. So, can you do that as well?

Sheffield : *bows while pinching her dress with her fingers* As you wish.

KGV : *nods* Don't worry, we will make sure your secret is safe until you gives us a sign.

Zhejiang : *smiles* Xiexie. (Thank you.)

After Zhejiang gives his gratitude to both Sheffield and KGV about keeping his secret until they're allowed to reveal his secret to the entire Azur Lane, KGV realizes something about the shipgirl's routine.

KGV : *gasp* Wait! Zhejiang, what time it is?

Zhejiang : *looking at the clock in the hangar wall* Now it's 3.30 P. M. Why? Do you have a schedule today?

KGV : We will having a "girls bath" in an artificial bath house. *walked away three steps before looking at both Zhejiang and Sheffield* I'll let you both alone for a time being. Goodbye and have a nice day! *walking out to the hangar door*

Sheffield : *bows respectfully*

Zhejiang : Zhu ni jintian yukuai. (Have a nice day.)

Soon, after KGV went to hangar door entrance, she opened the ship entrance door and closing it. And now, Zhejiang and Sheffield were by themselves still standing nearby the small PLA Navy in the ship hangar area.

Sheffield : Master Zhejiang, if you don't mind... *shows his dorm key in her right hand* I'm already finished cleaning your dorm. I appreciate that you sort your items earlier before I attempting to clean them.

Zhejiang : *retrieves the dorm key* Thanks a lot, Sheffield.

Sheffield : It is not a problem, I'm only do my job as your personal maid. Furthermore... Since I spend a lot of time with you inside this hangar, you may call me "Sheffy" for the sake of convenience.

Zhejiang : I'm fine with that.

Seconds later after she insists Zhejiang to use her nickname, she changes her attention to the hangar door and started to walking her way towards the door which makes Zhejiang confused.

Zhejiang : *confused face* Where are you going?

Sheffield : *changes attention to Zhejiang* I would like to head into the artificial bath house as well, since I can't leave a sweat pouring in my neck. *bows respectfully* Thank you for today, Master Zhejiang. Take care. *leaves Zhejiang by walking towards the hangar door*

Zhejiang : Ni yeshi, Sheffy. (You too, Sheffy.)

And with that, Sheffield leaves Zhejiang ship and goes to the bath house, leaving Zhejiang alone. Minutes later, he goes to the ship bathroom for a shower. When Zhejiang is washing his body with shower water, he starting to wonder if both Ning Hai sisters will hate him if he reveals himself as a shipboy from PRC.

Zhejiang : *sighing while washing his body* I wonder if both of them will hate me... *sad face*

-Timeskip into "catching some zzz's... time-

The scene changes to Zhejiang who is now standing inside his dream world, starring at the white clouds. Seconds later, an unknown individual appears behind him from a distance. When Zhejiang summons his AR as a precaution and aims his rifle towards the individual, his eyes widened with a shock and he unequipped his AR immediately because the unknown individual is no other than Admiral Shangfei.

Zhejiang : *shocked face* What the f*ck...? Shangfei shang jiang?! (Admiral Shangfei?!)

Admiral Shangfei : *waving his right hand* Ni hao, Zhejiang. Yoyui zhenzile. (Hello, Zhejiang. It's been a while.) *walking towards Zhejiang*

Zhejiang : Zhe shi yige mengxiang ba? (This is a dream right?) I mean, there's no way that you're alive after the Siren fleet shoot down the frontal bridge of my ship.

Admiral Shangfei : *stopped walking and giggles* Shi de, chabuduo. (Yup, pretty much.)

Zhejiang : Okay... Na nin de mingling shi haijun, shang jiang? (So what is your order, Admiral?)

Admiral Shangfei : Ni ting dao de chuanyan shuo de dui ma? (You heard what my crews told you right?)

Zhejiang : Yes, they said your order is to receive a cube inside the supply drop, right?

Admiral Shangfei : *soft facepalm with left hand* Perhaps he forgot to tell you about the tape...

Zhejiang : *baffled face* Wait... You mean our crew never told me that you'll store an audio tape inside the supply drop?!

Admiral Shangfei : Yes. Not to mention, they forgot that I stored two tapes for you.

Zhejiang : Name, zhe liang ge luyingdai daodi shi shenme ne? (So, what is the both audio tapes is all about?)

Admiral Shangfei : That is classified, the only info I can tell you is... Tape one, you can play it once you recover the retrofit cube. As for tape two... *serious face* Nin bixu zai Azur Lane chongxin tuanju hou zai wan. (You have to play it after Azur Lane reunited again.)

Zhejiang : *concerned face* What's wrong, Admiral? Does something made you feel worried?

Admiral Shangfei : Nothing at all. Anyway... *touched Zhejiang's shoulder with his left hand* Do your best and stick to the objective, if possible.

Zhejiang : *salutes* Wo bu hui rang ni shiwang de! (I won't let you down!)

Seconds later, both Zhejiang and Admiral Shangfei disappears from Zhejiang's dream world, this causes Zhejiang to woke up early. In fact, he wakes up at midnight.

-10 minutes timeskip-

After leaving the dorm locked, Zhejiang goes to his ship slowly knowing the HQ is very quiet in the midnight. When he arrives nearby his ship, he just standing up nearby an outdoor bench.

Zhejiang : I should do a reconnaissance to their base. Wu ren ji, zhunbei fashe! (UAV, prepare to launch!)

The scene changes into the hangar where Zhejiang's stealth UAV automatically moved into the hangar elevator. Soon after the elevator lifts Zhejiang's UAV to the runway, the UAV moved to the diagonal runway and it's ready to launch.

Zhejiang : Wu ren ji, zhunbei qifei! (UAV, cleared for takeoff!)

And with that command, Zhejiang launches his UAV to scout Sakura Empire's HQ, in case they want to go all out in the next battle. After his plane is already far enough, Zhejiang sits himself in a bench nearby him and grabbed a voice recorder with a note paper inside his pocket.

Zhejiang : Hopefully this would convince them to forgive me. *putting back the voice recorder and the note paper into his pocket*

??? : Having trouble sleeping?

Zhejiang changed his attention to his right only to see Sheffield, who walking towards him with a cup and a pot.

Zhejiang : Yeah, I guess you could say that. You're sharp as always, Sheffy. *looking at the cup and coffee pot* What's with the pot?

Sheffield : *sits beside Zhejiang* It's coffee.

Zhejiang : *takes the cup from Sheffield* A coffee?

Sheffield : Yes, it is more preferable. *pouring the coffee to the cup*

Zhejiang : *takes a sip on his coffee* Knowing that you're from Royal Navy maid corps, you're here not just to keeping an eye on me right?

Sheffield : *agreeing with a nod* Indeed, some of the Royal Navy maids were tasked to patrol the HQ at midnight.

Zhejiang : *drinking the coffee* And they're tasked to "clean" every possible threat from Sirens, yes? If they actually spot one of them...

Sheffield : *agreeing with a nod* Although Belfast is running her own "agenda" at the moment.

Zhejiang : Agenda? *realization gasp* You're telling me that Belfast is now accompanying Enterprise because she can't sleep?

Sheffield : I'm afraid that I have no idea about it, but you might be on point.

Zhejiang : *facepalms with left hand, while holding the cup with right hand* What a troublesome woman...

-10 minutes timeskip-

The scene changes to Zhejiang's forward bridge, where he's holding the cup of coffee while standing up. As for Sheffield, she standing besides Zhejiang while holding the coffee pot because he's allowed her to get inside his ship.

Zhejiang : *looking at the FWD bridge windows* The quiet seas is surely tolerable is it? *drinking the coffee*

Sheffield : *nods* I believe that Belfast would agree with your personal opinion.

Few minutes after both Zhejiang and Sheffield appreciate the peaceful atmosphere of the quiet sea, Zhejiang's UAV is already arrived at the Azur Lane HQ and it's successfully landing on Zhejiang's ship runway. Both of them are walking until they're nearby the left side of the FWD bridge windows.

Zhejiang : *looking at his UAV from the FWD bridge windows* Oh, my UAV's back.

Sheffield : Mind telling me why are you deploying your UAV in the midnight?

Zhejiang : To observe the situation in Sakura Empire HQ. By the way, my UAV gives two messages to me.

Sheffield : *confused Sheffy face* Two messages?

Zhejiang : First, Kaga was trash talking about me like a big idiot when Eugen shows up to suspect her intention. As for second... It's about the true reason why Akagi secretly working together with the Sirens.

Sheffield : *twitching her eyebrows once*

Zhejiang : If you're asking why she does that in the first place, no. I won't tell you even though you've gain my trust. *gives back the cup to Sheffield* You can go back to your duties if you want, I'm fine now. Plus, xiexie (thank you) for the coffee.

Sheffield : It is not a problem. *walking two steps away in reverse* Then I shall leave to continue my midnight duties. *bows with holding the coffee pot and cup, then walks away from Zhejiang*

Zhejiang : Zhuyi anquan. (Stay safe.)

Zhejiang goes to his storage room to find an archive, seconds after Sheffield leaves his ship. The archive that he wants to look is the "IJN Warship Index". After he found the archive, he goes to his ship's bedroom and sit in the chair nearby the bedroom table. 1 minute 48 seconds later after he opens the book pages, he finally found the ship that Akagi talked about inside the latest UAV recording file.

Zhejiang : IJN Amagi, a battlecruiser that scrapped in my world at year of 1924 because ship damages from Great Kantō earthquake. *realization shock* Wait, scrapped? In this dimension, humans were instinct due to Siren invasion. That could be mean... Amagi was sunk a very long time ago from the Siren attack.

From the sceptical guess he made up to conclude Azur Lane's version of Amagi's fate, there is one more question that makes Zhejiang even more confused.

Zhejiang : I don't think this information ever found in the library, but... What kind of war was she's involved in?

END

New Characters :

None

Me : Hello there, the author's here. I'm sorry if the chapter is so damn short or not really well made, I have been busy for that time, cuz the homework is starting to pouring down like a river. The next one will not be a chapter, rather it's an information about Zhejiang's retrofit.

Zhejiang : *barges the door* Author, is it necessary to let the readers know about that earlier?

Me : I don't care about any damn issue, this is getting too long that I need publish more "polished chapter". *looking at Zhejiang's attire from the special episode* What's with the attire tho?

Zhejiang : For some reason, Essex invited me for a dinner. Probably to get lemonade drinks and sweet talks, since there isn't any at her dorm.

Me : Wooo, you're a lucky bastard. *smiles and clapping his hand* I envy you.

Zhejiang : Shut up! *sighs* Anyway, I gotta go, it's pretty late. *wearing tactical mask that look like a mask from SAS*

Me : Whoa, that looks rad.

Zhejiang : Huitou jian. (See you later.)

Zhejiang closes the door and leaves the author's room with his tactical mask.

Me : *looking at the fellow readers and authors* Anyway, thank you so much for reading this chapter. Hoping you have a good day and stay safe.

The author leaves his own room to sit down in a chair with a glass of tea in a table beside him.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

15.5K 219 16
{After some tought I just gave up trying to find a place where I could reupload this. If it disapears well there's that, since this was my experiment...
35.3K 1K 32
Off the coast of Germany, three kansen sisters sailed in the darkness of the night. All three of them struck with curiosity. Following the trail of a...
5.8K 74 18
Mental Cubes: The very material that Ship-girls began to appear after alien-like creatures called Sirens had appeared on Earth, had began to alter na...
5.2K 86 11
A joint company of soldiers from some countries alongside with two other British Royal Combat pilots. But on the way for mission, a storm appeared an...