•°From Peer to Professor°• Se...

By EmmaSalamar

(Y/N) had been friends with Severus for about 4 years when he graduated from Hogwarts. She continued her stud... More

Introduction
Prologue
Year 7
Severus?
A New Severus
Quidditch Tryouts
Tension and Detention
Quidditch Complications
1am Talk
Assignment
Champions
First Task
Dancing with Dilemmas
Yule Ball
Living Quarters
Morning
Going Home
Diagon Alley
Christmas Day
Return to Hogwarts
Second Task
Misunderstandings
Third Task
Shocking Revelations
Upcoming Birthday
Surprise
Curiosity
Trickery
Memories
Graduation
New Arrangements
Apparition
Jealousy
Loss
Truth Be Told
Pleasant Evening
New Term New Teachers
Unexpected
Professor
Remember
Reunion
Christmas Eve
Subsequence
Pendant
Are You Really?
Name After Name
Essentials
Elora
Nurture
-Digital Art of Severus-
History Repeats Itself
Return
Where Once We Met
All Planned Out
Inevitability
Decisions, Decisions
100,000
Many Tasks At Hand
Assurance
Prophecy
Elora Art
Falling In Love With You
Epilogue
Sequel is Out!!!
New Snape x Reader book

Unforgivable

5K 178 95
By EmmaSalamar

~Spinner's End - July 20th - Monday Morning~

Your POV:

Over the past three weeks Severus and I continued my lessons. I was finally able to block Severus from invading my mind using Occlumency which was top priority in my opinion. I also learned a couple basic defensive spells that the school's curriculum didn't cover.

It was late in the morning and we were both sitting in the living room. Severus was reading his Newspaper while resting his chin on the topside of his hand. I was busy sketching in my sketchbook. The comfortable silence was interrupted by a tapping sound at the window. Severus didn't seem to care, so I got up and opened the window to see a snowy owl perched on the ledge.

It was holding a decently sized envelope, which I detached from it's ankle. I gave it 4 knuts in return, to which it gave almost a thankful beady-eyed glance before flying off. I closed the window and opened the envelope to see what it read. My eyes widened once I realized what it was.

I had passed my Apparition test. My license was included, which I had eagerly removed from the envelope.

I turned to Severus who was still looking at his newspaper. He must have sensed my expectant stare because he lifted his head from the paper and focused his gaze on me.

Lowering his hand from his chin, he asked me,

"And? What was it?"

I held out the license for him to look at.

"Well apparently I passed my Apparition test!" I said excitedly.

"I was wondering when that blasted thing would arrive. Usually those tests are graded the day of." Severus replied, looking very relieved.

"Well at least I have it now. That's all that matters." I replied, stuffing the license card in my back pocket.

~Monday Afternoon~

Severus thought it would be a good idea to have a lesson today, which I saw fit as well. He hadn't told me what it is we would be working on, but I was excited no matter what. Learning new defensive or offensive spells was always fun.

I was sat in the living room, waiting for Severus to join me. He was currently searching for a book in his endless bookshelves. He made a sound of triumph when he found what he was looking for, then, he made his way over to me.

He stood across the coffee table from me, holding a darkly colored book with silver embellishments. He flipped through pages until he settled on one.

"What am I learning about today?" I asked him in a semi whisper.

"Today.. you'll be learning about the three Unforgivable Curses." Severus replied, turning the book towards me and then pushing it across the coffee table.

I frowned at his response. I knew I'd have to learn about it eventually, but I didn't want it to be so soon.

"Now. What is the first Unforgivable Curse?" Severus asked.

"The Imperious Curse." I replied, skimming through it's description.

"Correct. The Imperious Curse is used to take control over a living being. But, if the victims will to repel the curse is strong enough.. then there is a possibility to overcome said curse." Severus explained.

"What is the second one?" Severus asked me.

"The Cruciatus Curse." I replied.

"Precisely. This curse is used to inflict pain and suffering on a victim by the caster. The curse itself inflicts no physically harm, it merely stimulates pain receptors across the entire body. It does however have the ability to drive the victim into madness if they were to be hit with the spell many times." Severus explained this one a bit more in depth than the last.

I nodded in response to his explanation.

"And the final curse?" Severus asked as he sat down in the sheet adjacent to mine.

"The killing curse.." I responded reluctantly.

"Yes. This curse is considered both the most powerful and most dangerous curse of the three. It gives the caster the ability to instantly end the victim's life." Severus was a bit more hesitant in explaining this one.

"I suggest you read up on these. In the meantime, I believe dinner is in order." Severus changes the subject and makes his way into the kitchen.

~After Dinner~

Severus and I had nothing in particular planned before going to sleep, but that all changed when we both noticed the throbbing pain induced by our dark marks. I looked over at Severus who nodded at me before Apparating. I did as well and found myself in front of the large entry way that lead into the room where the Death Eaters always met. Severus sat in a chair next to me and a bit of whispering broke out. Seems no one else knew why we were called. On top of that, Lord Voldemort wasn't even in the room. I glanced at Severus who showed no emotion with his stoic expression.

A minute later, everyone turned their heads to the door. A faint hissing could be heard. Nagini could be seen entering the room and slithering up to Lord Voldemort's arm chair. She snapped at Tyler's ankle playfully, causing him to jump in his seat. Snickering could be heard around the table, but silence ensued as another presence made itself known. In walked Lord Voldemort, followed by two moderately buff Death Eater's and a man. I looked closer and realized it was my father.

'I thought he was in Azkaban!?' Multiple thoughts swirled around my head as I watched the two Death Eaters drop my father on the ground.

They then grabbed him by his hair and tilted his head in the direction of the Dark Lord.

"Now. You may be wondering why I've called you all here today and why (Y/F/N) isn't rotting in his cell in Azkaban!" Voldemort spat in his direction.

"Well, that'll all be explained in the next couple minutes. (Y/N)! Why don't you join me here with your Father?" The Dark Lord gestures toward me with one of his boney hands.

I get up and make my way over, unsure of what is about to happen.

"Do you remember the last time we spoke about your lessons?" He asked me as he placed a hand on my shoulder.

"Yes my Lord." I replied, hoping this wasn't going where I think it was going.

"And do you remember what it is I told you?" He continued.

"You told me to learn about the Unforgivable Curses." I responded, knowing that this wasn't going to end well.

"Precisely! And have you followed through with those orders?" Voldemort said with a much raspier tone than before.

"Yes. I have." I responded with a break in-between both statements.

"Now.. I would like you to put them to the test. Specifically.. the most permanent one.." The Dark Lord was grinning evilly and it was taking all my strength to not yell at him in protest.

I looked at my father who looked horrified.

"(Y/N) please! You wouldn't do that to your own father would you!?" He pleaded as best he could, being that his hands were tied behind his back.

I was conflicted. Anger, Sadness, and Hesitation were running through my veins. Everyone was looking at me expectantly.

"I will admit. I do hate you deeply. There is no doubt about that. But I will not kill you." I said.

Laughter burst out at the table, which caused me to flinch.

"A Death Eater that doesn't want to kill!? Now that's something I've never heard before!" One person at the table called out between laughs.

"Silence!" Lord Voldemort yelled.

Everything went silent. The Dark Lord turned back toward me.

"I gave you an order. Either follow through, or face the consequences." He warned.

"No." I replied firmly.

I could tell the others were shocked at my response. I don't believe anyone has ever told Voldemort no. I could see his face change from anticipation to anger.

"Very well then.. Avavada Kedavra!"

A flash of green lightning shot past me. I spun around and saw my father's body, lifeless on the floor.

I fell to my knees and covered my mouth with my hands.

"Your past can become a weakness. Best to rid yourself of it while you can. Now, for the next part.. Crucio!"

I felt an electrifying pain all over my body. I yelled out in agony, feeling paralyzed and helpless. It stopped after a couple seconds and I gasped for air.

"I hope you've learned from this demonstration. You're all dismissed." Voldemort says as he leaves the room with Nagini.

A couple Death Eaters came over to get rid of my father's body, which I didn't pay much attention to because of the pain that was leaving my body.

I stood up after the numbness went away and realized everyone except Severus had left. He looked worried and walked over to me swiftly. He pulled me into his arms and just stood there with me.

"I'm sorry I couldn't do anything to prevent this (Y/N). I've failed you." He whispered in my ear.

"You didn't fail me Severus. Besides, I know you couldn't have done anything to prevent that. What's done is done." I said as I left Severus' embrace.

I don't know why, but I wasn't sad, or mad, or anything.

'Why do I not feel pained by this?' I question myself.

~Spinner's End~

Severus and I returned to his house. I decided to take a shower to clear my head. It helped quite a bit to be honest. I felt clean and refreshed. I realized one thing though. I left my towel on the bed. I face palmed and sighed.

"Severus?" I asked through the door.

"Yes?" I heard his muffled reply from downstairs.

"I left my towel, on the bed.. could you hand into me?" I asked, feeling rather embarrassed.

"Sure." He said while making his way up the stairs.

A couple seconds later he knocked on the door and I opened it a bit so that he could hand me the towel.

"Thanks.." I said, feeling flustered.

"No worries." He said before I heard him go down the hall a bit and then open the door to the bedroom.

I changed into my sleepwear and then dried my hair with a quick spell. Then, I left the bathroom and made my way to the bedroom. I opened the door and noticed Severus was still changing. Luckily, he only had a shirt left to put on.

I walked over and hugged him from behind, to which he flinched a bit before sighing,

"Knock next time."

"But if I had I wouldn't have gotten to see you shirtless." I grinned into his shoulder.

He didn't seem to know how to respond, so he decided to just put his long sleeve over his head while I was still hugging him. We were both now stuck in one shirt.

"What good did you think that would do? All you did was make it do I couldn't get away!" I laughed.

Severus chuckled and replied,

"I didn't think you'd continue to hold on. Now get out of my shirt."

I detangled myself and gave Severus a funny look.

"What?" He asked me.

"That was oddly enough very endearing." I joked.

Severus rolled his eyes while walking over to his bed. I followed and lay down next to him. I closed my eyes for a second to take in a deep breath and then open them again to see Severus gazing at me.

"What?" I asked with a smile.

"I love you.. so much.. I don't want to loose you. Ever." He replied while placing a hand on my cheek.

I inched forward and hugged him,

"You won't loose me Severus. Not ever."

---------------------------------------------------------

Hey guys! So I forgot to write a notice saying that I would be resuming chapters. My work load doesn't seem as intense as I thought it would be, so I'll be writing a bit more on the weekends and any other day where I have some extra time. I hope you liked this slightly longer chapter and stay tuned for my next update.

💚💚💚

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

260K 8K 56
Y/N Y/L/N is a shy, quiet, smart and hard-working girl who is sorted into Slytherin. Her father, Y/F/N Y/L/N, is keeping a secret from his own daught...
19 9 11
After her first year, Enadira Cromwell's reputation continues as she begins her second year at Hogwarts. While meeting her friends again, Enadira beg...
45.2K 1.4K 28
Love is difficult to explain as one likes to say. But (Y/n)(L/n) falling for her professor, Severus Snape? That was hard to believe. The girl always...
3.3K 94 18
Hi, Y/N(Your Name), It's your 6th year at Hogwarts and you notice one of your professors has started to take a special interest in you. Will you be h...