An August Wedding

By SkyPhoenix13125

Your parents wanted a son to take over the family business. His parents wanted their son to gain some busines... More

Author's Note
Ch. 1 - The Ceremony
Ch. 2 - The Honeymoon
Ch. 3 - Family Discussions
Ch. 4 - Good Friends
Ch. 5 - Wedding Gift
Ch. 6 - The New Hires
Ch. 7 - Clashing Heads
Ch. 8 - Hard Work
Ch. 9 - Lunch Dates
Ch. 10 - New Ideas
Ch. 11 - Suspicions
Ch. 12 - First Fight
Ch. 13 - Plans
Ch. 14 - Shareholder's Meeting
Ch. 15 - Family Approval
Ch. 16 - Dinner Party
Ch. 17 - Inspiration
Ch. 18 - Assistance
Ch. 19 - Musical Stylings
Ch. 20 - A Modest Proposal
Ch. 21 - Side Steps
Ch. 22 - Double Date
Ch. 23 - Charity Ball
Ch. 24 - Divides
Ch. 26 - Visits
Ch. 27 - Making It Work
Ch. 28 - Moving Forward
Ch. 29 - Wake Up Call
Ch. 30 - Family Favors
Ch. 31 - Assessing
Ch. 32 - Reporting
Ch. 33 - Visitors
Ch. 34 - Bonds
Ch. 35 - Next Steps
Ch. 36 - Deals
Ch. 37 - Celebrations
Ch. 38 - Exploring
Ch. 39 - Launch Party
Ch. 40 - Guys' Night
Ch. 41 - Girls' Night
Ch. 42 - Opportunities
Ch. 43 - Turning Point
Ch. 44 - Decisions
Ch. 45 - Showcase
Ch. 46 - Changes
Ch. 47 - Back to Work
Ch. 48 - Another Wedding
Ch. 49 - Different Directions
Ch. 50 - Favors and Secrets
Ch. 51 - Rides
Ch. 52 - Guidance
Ch. 53 - Confessions
Ch. 54 - News
Ch. 55 - Bad Timing
Ch. 56 - Flipping the Script
Ch. 57 - King or Boss
Ch. 58 - Deciding Factors
Ch. 59 - Crunch Time
Ch. 60 - Negotiations
Ch. 61 - Offers
Ch. 62 - Prep Work
Ch. 63 - Potential
Ch. 64 - Results
Ch. 65 - Free
Ch. 66 - Epilogue
Extras

Ch. 25 - Date Night

146 8 0
By SkyPhoenix13125

"She doesn't have feelings for Jimin," Amy told him a couple of days later.

"How do you know?"

Amy sighed. "Yoongi, do you know what your marriage is?" He frowned.  "A relationship of convenience. It's convenient for both of your parents to have you be together. That's exactly what dating Jimin was like too. Convenient, but not a lot of chemistry or sparks flying. So it ended."

"That's it?"

"That's it. Jimin even took the break up well. There's nothing there to be suspicious about, okay?"

Yoongi grunted in response. 

Amy watched him with a small smirk. She'd been more than surprised when Yoongi called her up and accepted her invitation to get lunch. She certainly didn't expect him to start pressing her about yours and Jimin's old relationship.

"Listen, Yoongi. As much as I love the gossip corner, you really should talk to (Y/N) about this."

"We already did so I didn't want to bring it up again. She'd think I was jealous."

"Aren't you?"

Honestly, Yoongi didn't know how he felt. You'd started opening up to him more since the argument with your parents. It was obvious that you were looking for a shoulder to lean on. Someone who could understand your position, and you'd apparently decided that was Yoongi.

But he didn't want to abuse your newfound trust in him by questioning your past relationships and making you uncomfortable. But saying all that could be crossing a line by itself. It was hard, maneuvering your relationship when it was constantly changing.

"You really have nothing to be worried about in my opinion," Amy spoke up again. "But if you're worried that someone else could come along and steal your "wife", then you should start at the beginning and work your way up."

"The beginning," he repeated.

She nodded. "Friendship is a good start."

And the minute that it came out of her mouth, Yoongi was amazed at the simplicity of it.

If you were going to continue opening up and leaning on him for support, that was the obvious answer. Why hadn't that thought occurred to him before?

He had a sudden flashback of being locked in a dark office and the two of you bickering at every turn. He smiled slightly. You'd come a long way since there.

So when Yoongi got back from lunch, he stopped by your office before returning to his own.

"Hey. What are your plans tonight?"

"Nothing."

"Great. We're going out for dinner after work."

He quickly turned on his heel, ignoring the look of confusion on your face. Namjoon smirked after him before returning to what he was doing.

You were unsure of what to expect with this dinner. You half-expected it to be some kind of apology to make you feel better for some of Yoongi's recent behavior.

And in a way you were right.

But in a way you were equally as wrong.

Jin had seemed just as confused as you when Yoongi told him to take you to a restaurant instead of straight home from work. He actually tried to argue but his employer was quick to offer to pay for his own meal which shut him up.

When you got to the restaurant, Yoongi had a few words with the staff to get you a small table in a corner. They were quick to seat Jin close by as well so you could tell he was being taken care of (but not close enough that he could interrupt your dinner). 

It was a nice restaurant. The kind of place you should usually have a reservation before coming into. But apparently Yoongi's wallet or his name made a big exception.

You sat down and immediately wanted to leave. The tension already felt suffocating. Much worse than when you went out with Jin and Ailee before. You weren't sure what else you were expecting from this spontaneous outing but you weren't going to let it run the evening.

So the minute the waiter left you alone, you raised an eyebrow at Yoongi.

"What are you doing?" you asked.

"Jimin told me that I didn't deserve you the other night. And...he's right. So we're here to start over and clear the air on some things."

He took a deep breath. "First. I'm sorry for not spending any time with you recently outside of work. I've been working on my music."

"Well, you're sending songs to an agent."

"I already sent them. And they got rejected."

"W-what? All of them?" you exclaimed.

Yoongi chuckled dryly. "All of them," he confirmed. "I'm redoing them as fast as I can but it's slow going. So I've been neglecting responsibilities at work unless they're mandatory. And I guess I apologize for that too."

"Don't worry about that. Namjoon's been going to meetings for me and taking notes. If there's anything you missed, I'm sure you can get it from him."

"Taking notes for you? Where have you been?"

"The head of the sales department came back from vacation a few weeks ago. He's been catching up on all the new campaigns and trying to figure out what we can improve on." You shrugged. "He thinks factoring in the information from customer service will give us a competitive edge. It's not a bad idea, really. He's just persistent."

Yoongi nodded slowly. "I know sales and marketing haven't been doing well since I started running things. If you want me to meet with some of the heads, let me know. Which brings me to my second point. Can you let me handle some of the big meetings and projects?"

"You...want to handle them?"

"I have to step up sometime. Might as well be now. I can't let you carry my butt all the time, after all."

You nodded thoughtfully. "Okay. I'll let you know. But please come to me with any questions before you do something."

The food was delivered not long after that. You continued to talk throughout the meal, clearing the air over several other topics as well while you were at it.

"If I'd known Jimin was that important to you, I wouldn't have--"

"Don't worry about it. He means well, but he's been known to push other people's buttons. You're probably not the first to hit him." You took a drink. "Did your parents even notice we were gone?"

"I doubt it. I paid them before we got there, so they didn't have a reason to look for us."

"What was the charity for again?"

"It's not really charity. They're donating money to the city to build a park in their honor."

You paused mid-bite. "Where would they--?"

"That's the city's problem to figure out," he replied with a shrug. "Trust me, I wasted an hour arguing about it with them. Sometimes it's better to just agree with them and save your energy."

"You think Tae's going to become a client?"

"He seemed interested when I talked to him. He said the next time he came back from a shoot, we would get together and discuss it more."

"Of course he did. Damn flirt."

It wasn't long before you'd finished your meal. 

Yoongi gave his card to the waiter. "And we'll take care of Mr. Kim's bill as well." The waiter bowed slightly and left.

Jin had already gone back to the car to try and ease his full stomach before driving home. You didn't blame him; you were probably going to fall asleep as soon as you got back.

"Thank you. This was nice."

"It's the least I can do. So...think we can try to start over as friends?"

You smiled. "Sure. Friends."

When you finally made it back home, you climbed into bed with Yoongi following close behind you.

"You know, friends wouldn't normally cuddle up like this."

He sighed. "Well, we're doing everything else out of order, at least we're consistent."

You laughed at that, pulling the covers closer around yourself. "And speaking of order, since you offered to be friends, you'd better not start having feelings for me." He scoffed.

"I believe that was what I told you weeks ago. So don't worry about me."

"Good. Can't be distracted if you want to take on all this extra responsibility."

"Don't get too excited. I've got a ways to go."

"You'll get there," you mumbled through a yawn. "I'm sure of it."

Yoongi smiled softly. Maybe being friends was what he needed too.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

522K 21.9K 35
Marriage is the biggest commitment a person commits to. Divorce is an option but you will always have the 'divorced' stamp on you from the eyes of th...
8.1K 453 27
What happens when a cold, rude business man who doesn't believe in love and a fearless and a stubborn girl crosses path. You - I see. I'll show you w...
18.6K 1.4K 18
"Being in an arranged marriage with your childhood friend isn't that bad." That's what Jeon Jungkook, the young CEO thought. His marriage was steady...
11.2K 577 25
"i'm not what you think i am, and when you find out, you won't want this." "how 'bout you let me decided that for myself, baby girl." a lawyer with a...