𝐅𝐄𝐀𝐑𝐋𝐄𝐒𝐒 ➢

By angelic_archer

We've all heard the great tales of Captain Hook. We have all listened and read about his days as a pirate. Th... More

π™²πšŠπšœπš/𝚊𝚌𝚝 πš’
π™Ύπš—πšŽ
πšƒπš πš˜
πšƒπš‘πš›πšŽπšŽ
π™΅πš˜πšžπš›
π™΅πš’πšŸπšŽ
πš‚πš’πš‘
πš‚πšŽπšŸπšŽπš—
π™΄πš’πšπš‘πš
π™½πš’πš—πšŽ
πšƒπšŽπš—
π™΄πš•πšŽπšŸπšŽπš—
πšƒπš πšŽπš•πšŸπšŽ
πšƒπš‘πš’πš›πšπšŽπšŽπš—
π™΅πš˜πšžπš›πšπšŽπšŽπš—
π™΅πš’πšπšπšŽπšŽπš—
πš‚πš’πš‘πšπšŽπšŽπš—
πš‚πšŽπšŸπšŽπš—πšπšŽπšŽπš—
π™΄πš’πšπš‘πšπšŽπšŽπš—
π™½πš’πš—πšŽπšπšŽπšŽπš—
πšƒπš πšŽπš—πšπš’
πšƒπš πšŽπš—πšπš’ π™Ύπš—πšŽ
πšƒπš πšŽπš—πšπš’ πšƒπš πš˜
πšƒπš πšŽπš—πšπš’ πšƒπš‘πš›πšŽπšŽ
𝚊𝚌𝚝 πš’πš’
πšƒπš πšŽπš—πšπš’ π™΅πš˜πšžπš›
πšƒπš πšŽπš—πšπš’ π™΅πš’πšŸπšŽ
πšƒπš πšŽπš—πšπš’ πš‚πš’πš‘
πšƒπš πšŽπš—πšπš’ πš‚πšŽπšŸπšŽπš—
πšƒπš πšŽπš—πšπš’ π™΄πš’πšπš‘πš
πšƒπš πšŽπš—πšπš’ π™½πš’πš—πšŽ
πšƒπš‘πš’πš›πšπš’
πšƒπš‘πš’πš›πšπš’ π™Ύπš—πšŽ
πšƒπš‘πš’πš›πšπš’ πšƒπš πš˜
πšƒπš‘πš’πš›πšπš’ πšƒπš‘πš›πšŽπšŽ
πšƒπš‘πš’πš›πšπš’ π™΅πš˜πšžπš›
πšƒπš‘πš’πš›πšπš’ π™΅πš’πšŸπšŽ
πšƒπš‘πš’πš›πšπš’ πš‚πš’πš‘
πšƒπš‘πš’πš›πšπš’ πš‚πšŽπšŸπšŽπš—
πšƒπš‘πš’πš›πšπš’ π™΄πš’πšπš‘πš
πšƒπš‘πš’πš›πšπš’ π™½πš’πš—πšŽ
𝚊𝚌𝚝 πš’πš’πš’
π™΅πš˜πš›πšπš’
π™΅πš˜πš›πšπš’ π™Ύπš—πšŽ
π™΅πš˜πš›πšπš’ πšƒπš πš˜
π™΅πš˜πš›πšπš’ πšƒπš‘πš›πšŽπšŽ
π™΅πš˜πš›πšπš’ π™΅πš˜πšžπš›
π™΅πš˜πš›πšπš’ πš‚πš’πš‘
π™΅πš˜πš›πšπš’ πš‚πšŽπšŸπšŽπš—
π™΅πš˜πš›πšπš’ π™΄πš’πšπš‘πš
π™΅πš˜πš›πšπš’ π™½πš’πš—πšŽ
π™΅πš’πšπšπš’
𝚊𝚌𝚝 πš’πšŸ.
π™΅πš’πšπšπš’ π™Ύπš—πšŽ
π™΅πš’πšπšπš’ πšƒπš πš˜
π™΅πš’πšπšπš’ πšƒπš‘πš›πšŽπšŽ
π™΅πš’πšπšπš’ π™΅πš˜πšžπš›
π™΅πš’πšπšπš’ π™΅πš’πšŸπšŽ
Fifty Six
important update
SPOILERS: the summary of Fearless

π™΅πš˜πš›πšπš’ π™΅πš’πšŸπšŽ

923 23 6
By angelic_archer

Forty Five

+ + +

DYLAN WALKER SAT ON A WOODEN park bench, overlooking the small pond. This was his favorite Storybrooke park. Always so calm and quiet. People hardly ever walked the paths, leaving it up to him and his thoughts. 

He would come up here all the time with his girlfriend. They would love to have picnics and watch the turtles and frogs make ripples in the water. Those were the good times. Whenever one of them was upset they would come here. They would talk it out, go for a jog, or eat. Eating always helped distract them from their thoughts. 

His thoughts. His memories. That's what was bothering him. 

The clear, lillipad dotted water was fake. The fresh air was fake. The perfectly green grass was fake. The bench he sat on was fake. The society, the newly made people, the personas they were too sick to see was fake. Their town in "Maine" was fake. It was all fake; a creation of the Queen's. Nothing in the little world of theirs was real. 

The whole made-up town housed over 3000 people from the Enchanted Forest who were being brainwashed into living lives that weren't theirs. People he knew, people he loved, were living false realities. 

Or did he really love them? Did Dylan Walker love them? Or had the real Bixby grown to love them?

He had begun to notice a pattern. The "villains" of the Forest were now saints. The "heroes" were now ignored and lived simple, risk free lives. 

But what was he? Where did he stand on this chain? He had been arrested by the Queen at the time of her curse hitting, but was that really enough to make him a villain? He ran with a clan of bandits for half his life. He took pride in his work. He may have been a hero, but he doubted a hero in the Forest would have been given such a good alternate life in this realm. 

He was in between. A middle man. Neither on the high nor low ground. 

The middle man had been graced with time with Naomi Jones on both occasions. He was a lucky man. 

Naomi. 

She didn't know. She didn't remember. She was Naomi Wright. Well loved by the community, adored by coworkers, trusted by the Queen herself; the opposite of his best friend. Nothing more, nothing less. 

He couldn't bare to live in a world where Naomi Jones didn't remember who she was. 

Naomi rapidly blinked her eyes open. The early afternoon sun beat down on her. The air was heavily humid, more than usual at least. She wiped sweat from her forehead and propped her torso up with both elbows. 

The dream was slipping away. She hadn't dreamt about her Storybrooke alter ego yet. At least, not after Emma arrived. She wouldn't have been able to remember if she had before. 

What had triggered Dylan's memories unlike everyone else? Why was he so special?

"Dreams are dangerous things. Tread lightly," Pan had once told her. 

Naomi didn't really like to take his advice, did she?

He was nowhere to be seen. They had fallen asleep together just outside the lake after an hour of training. 

Damn, did it feel good to embrace magic. She now felt more connected to the island, and Pan, than ever before. The ground tingled underfoot with every step she took. Resting on the earth had never felt more replenishing. The air smelled fresher. The spring water she drank tasted like liquefied Heaven. If this was how magic on Neverland felt in its dying state, she was beyond excited to see how it at its full power. 

She finally understood why people like Cora and Rumpelstiltskin were obsessed with power. Why they would rather lose a child than their abilities. 

Magic was a drug. 

Naomi fully woke and bathed in the lake. Pan had taught her a trick to conceal her and her surroundings from prying eyes. A shiver was sent down her spine as she cast the concealment charm. Hopefully she did it right. She would never live down the embarrassment if her rusty skills were the reason she was caught by one of the Boys. 

As usual, her mind wandered. 

Tomorrow was the day of sacrifice. Tomorrow would be Henry's last day on Earth. Naomi wanted to find him. She wanted to spend a few more hours with the kid. 

But where was he? Naomi had dressed and wrung out her hair. She was on her way back to the camp, which she had to verbally remind herself had moved the previous night. It was more secluded and hidden by a thick bush lining. The opening was only visible if one focused really hard. Naomi missed it several times. 

Henry was nowhere to be found in the camp. The Lost Boys were oblivious. It was evident he had run away. There was no sign that he had ever been with them. 

Felix did seem quite pleased that Henry was missing. One less thing on his back. 

"Do you at least know which direction he went?" She asked Jace and Collin. 

The boys shook their heads.  "He left during the night. The only people who would've seen him go were on guard, Harlan and Richie," Collin told her. 

Harlan was asleep. Richie was mute. 

"Who leaves a mute kid on guard duty?" She muttered. Naomi rose from where she was crouched and sighed. "Okay. Fine. I'll find him myself," she jogged off into the trees. But she did not leave alone. 

Felix followed her through the trees for a good long while. He moved just as noiselessly through the trails as her. The two moved quietly until she began shouting for the lost kid. 

"Henry! Henry!" Naomi's voice echoed throughout the canopy. 

Felix grumbled and cut off her trail with his club. She nearly ran into it. 

"Hell!" She shouted, shoving away the butt of the club and elbowing him behind her. A strangled sound of pain escaped his lips. He clutched the bruised area. 

"Do you want to get caught by the Savior? Shut it," he whispered. 

Naomi backed away and kicked his club to the side. "Go back, Felix. I'm not in the mood to deal with you right now."

Felix sneered. "Don't think I enjoy this any more than you. For all I care, you deserve what's coming for you."

"And what is that?" Naomi crossed her arms. 

"I don't think it's my place to tell, Jones. Leave it up to Pan," Felix said with a shrug. "But you have earned my respect. Your loyalty to Pan is admirable. Don't convince me wrong."

She pursed her lips and leaned against a tree trunk. "Thank you. Your obsession with my boyfriend is one I must admire as well." She winked. 

"Loyalty and obsession are two completely different things. You and your half-wit would understand that if you hadn't allowed yourself to be manipulated into someone you're told will make life easier," he spoke in a quiet, yet threatening tone. "You're an adult now, Jones. Disgusting. Your mistakes are no one's fault but your own."

Naomi scoffed and gripped the fabric of her sleeve. "I'm not- you have no..."

She closed her eyes. He's just trying to get into your head, she needed to remind herself. She took a deep breath and looked up at him. "What were you saying about 'convincing you wrong?'"

Felix smirked widely and leaned up close to her. She turned up her nose. He smelled too much like old pine for her liking. 

"I know something you don't," he said in a sing song voice. "Think of this as something like a test to see where your true loyalties lie."

"Go on."

"On one condition. You give me the last known location of the Savior." Felix leaned away in content. 

Naomi grabbed the collar of his shirt. "What are you gonna do to them if I say?" She demanded. 

He did not answer. She shoved him against the opposite tree. She kneed him in the groin and held her forearm against his throat. "What?" She shouted. It took a moment to get an answer. 

"Think of it as eliminating a threat. Clearing one side of the board." His voice came out high and raspy. That boy really could not control his breathing. 

Naomi punched his jaw for good measure and let go. Felix knelt to the ground, coughing and sputtering. 

"Get up, baby," she muttered, spitting a foul taste away. 

"Yo- your eyes." He leaned forward. "Blue. They're," gasp for air, "blue."

"No shit, Sherlock!" Naomi crouched beside him. "Are you high?"

Felix scowled and reached for his club. "High? Sherlock?"

She sighed and pinched the bridge of her nose. "Right. You lot are uncultured." She stood. "Get up and go back. We're wasting time. Henry is out there somewhere!"

He had the nerve to laugh. "Oh, your ignorance continues to amuse me. He's out there, alright. You'll just never know where or why until it's too late. And the fact that your eyes have changed is proof of that."

Naomi swore colorfully and ran off into the trees. 

Before she was out of earshot, she heard him shout, "You're weak! Ever wonder why you're walking right back into Hook's clutches?"

She tripped and tumbled down a small hill. Leaves caught her hair, twigs poked her skin. One fallen tree branch broke the skin of her arm. She didn't care. 

"Henry! Henry! Emma!"

Her legs pumped. Faster and Faster, changing directions every minute. She worried that even if they heard her they wouldn't come. They would ignore her. Maybe she deserved it. But Henry was in danger that Felix knew about. If anything, she needed to find Pan. They needed Henry for the sacrifice. If he was lost now, everything would be done. No more Pan, no more Neverland, no more magic. 

No more Pan. 

If he died, what would happen to her? They were spiritually connected. They were each other's other half. Would she cease to exist? Would they die and move on to the afterlife together? Or would she remain unaffected?

She would cross that bridge if it ever came along. 

Naomi was about to give up after what felt like an hour. It may have been only five minutes. Her whole body was sore. Her pulse pounded within her skull. Sweat stuck her shirt to her back. She was ready to collapse right there. But she persisted. 

Then she found the cage. 

It was on the ground, made of wood and vine. The heavy shadows well masked who was sitting inside. Naomi cautiously approached the cage. Henry?

There was a small girl; blonde, wide eyed, and youthful. Her pale blue dress was slightly tattered and dirty. As she saw Naomi approaching she grabbed the bars. "Help!"

"Hey, kid." Naomi knelt before her and began fiddling with the binding knots. "Are you okay?"

The girl sat back in what Naomi hoped wasn't terror. "I recognize you. You were on the beach a couple of days ago!" She exclaimed. Her voice was so light and fragile. It was kind of cute. 

"Indeed." Naomi began biting the rope with her teeth. "How'd you get here anyway? Following your brother? Pan has tactics to keep pestering siblings away," she said. 

"I came here to save a friend. But I couldn't get far. Pan captured me. He has been making me do his bidding since. How'd you get here?" The girl answered. 

Naomi dropped the rope. This was bad. This was so bad. 

Pan had been using this innocent girl to do his dirty work. For how long? How much? 

But maybe she wasn't innocent. Maybe she just wanted freedom to run around and burn down half the island. 

Maybe, maybe, maybe. 

Either way, this was bad. Pan had kidnapped that girl, no matter what she may have done to deserve it.

Goddammit. Snow White had rubbed off on her. 

"I'm so sorry," Naomi muttered. She rose to her feet and walked away, her back to the cage. 

"Please! Please help me!" The girl's shouts echoed behind her. Naomi sped up to escape the dreadful sounds. 

+ + +

She had to stop running. She was out of breath, her hair was a mess, and all she wanted to do was strip her clothes and escape the heat. How did Killian survive under all those leather layers?

Naomi leaned against the nearest tree to catch a breath. She was so dizzy. Her throat was parched. 

Water. She needed water. 

She was so dizzy and hysterical she heard voices. Quiet, murmured, and not far. Familiar. 

Those voices weren't imagined. They were people, people she knew. 

"Hey! Hey guys!" She stumbled forward. She could hear their footsteps falter. "Wait!"

"Who is that?" Emma's voice came from just ahead. 

"Me! It's me!" Naomi pushed herself through the lining of trees onto a path. She fell onto the ground. It was cool, yet pleasantly warm. What a nice place to curl up and sleep...

"Naomi!"

Mary Margaret knelt down beside her. She held the girl's head gently. "Are you okay?"

Naomi's eyes fluttered over to Mary Margaret's canteen, which hung from her neck. "Water!" She screamed. She grabbed the canteen and began chugging. 

"What happened to you?" David asked. He set a hand on her shoulder. 

"I've had a crappy morning," she grumbled. It took her several minutes to calm down while the others blabbered around her. 

Emma started. "You look like you just saw a ghost."

"Dear god, girl, I've never seen you so bent out of shape."

"I thought she was with Pan."

"She was."

"But that doesn't-"

"Not now, lad."

"Who is that?"

"Naomi. Hook's sister."

"She looks sick! David, give me your canteen!"

"She's bleeding."

"Oh my lord, she's bleeding!" Naomi reluctantly allowed Mary Margaret to tie a makeshift bandage over her injured arm. 

"Where's Henry!"

"I don't know!" Naomi shouted above the voices. "I don't know where he is. That's the thing. He ran away. He could be anywhere. Now, please, shut up!"

Someone knelt in front of her. She couldn't look up at the man. Her face was buried in her folded arms. It hurt. It all hurt. 

"Naomi-" she shoved the palm of his hand into his face, shutting him up. 

But she felt a familiar stubble on his chin. It wasn't smooth enough to be Killian's, and David seemed to be physically incapable of growing facial hair. Who...

Neal waited patiently for her to look up. When she did, her eyes lit up beyond comprehensible measure. 

Neal. Neal Cassidy!

She looked to Killian, who sipped his rum with a grin. "Is he real?" She asked ever-so-quietly. "Am I hallucinating?"

Neal chuckled and touched her arm. "I'm real, Jones."

She scrambled to her feet, but too quickly. She nearly fell again. Neal steadied her. 

"You died. You were dead. Tamara shot you and you died," Naomi said. "You fell through her portal and died." So many possibilities rushed to her head at once. She screamed and looked to Killian. "Are we all dead?"

"No one's dead," Emma told her. "We found Neal on the island a day after you paid us a visit. The portal he fell through... I think he was thinking about this island."

Emma glanced around the group. The group, which Naomi just noticed Regina was missing from. In her place was a young woman; blonde, small, and dressed all in green. David nodded, followed by Neal. Killian didn't have time to object before Emma opened hr mouth again. 

"Pan was keeping Neal prisoner in the Echo Caves. Each of us had to reveal a secret of ours," Emma explained. 

Naomi looked to Neal. He nodded. 

"Look, I know it may be hard to believe," Emma started. 

"It's not hard to believe," Naomi admitted. She took another drink of water. "But he's here now. And so am I. Henry ran away, and I was looking for him. Time and direction just got away from me, I guess. I personally think that boy should be our priority."

Emma nodded slowly. "I agree, but for all we know you could be leading us away-"

"Dear god, Miss Swan, lay off!" Killian shouted. Naomi smiled. 

"I understand where you're coming from, Hook, but I don't think it's a bad idea to be cautious," Emma said. 

Mary Margaret shook her head. "Emma, honey, this constant need to distrust her is not going to help us anywhere. You're the only one who has a problem with her being here. This is the same Naomi who lived with us in Storybrooke. Same girl."

"Who is this girl?" The small green woman demanded. 

Killian sighed. "Naomi Jones. She used to live on this island, probably during your time but you were too busy hiding to notice. She left us days ago to be with Henry, and we can trust her," he said, looking directly to Emma at the last part. 

"What is this new thing with you two being buddy-buddy. Before this trip you hated each other," Emma asked. 

"Circumstances. Near-death. I realized I was being a prick and apologized," Naomi told her. 

Killian frowned and tilted his head. "Did you, though?"

"Mentally, yes."

"That's beside the point!" Emma looked to Mary Margaret. "I have a gut feeling," she persisted. 

Naomi pursed her lips and crossed her arms. "I'm willing to call a truce. Isn't finding your son more important than arguing?" She offered. 

Emma nodded and stepped forward. "Of course. But on one condition."

"God, Em, let it go," Neal whispered. 

"One condition. You've been hiding something. You're not coming with us until you tell," Emma told Naomi. 

Naomi shrugged. "That's fair." But would she tell the truth? No. At least, not the whole truth. Half would do. "Pan has been teaching me magic. Just a bit. It's just enough so I'll have experienced it before magic as a whole dies. Tomorrow. I'm trying to help us all. Everyone. The whole damn world doesn't need to pay the price of one timeless curse."

"Magic?" Neal demanded. 

Naomi smirked. "Yeah, it's cool."

"No, it's not cool at all."

"See? Our side," Mary Margaret spoke up. 

"You could call it that."

Emma sighed and waved her parents away, signaling for them to go on. 

She stepped up so close to Naomi that the girl could feel her breath hit her face. "Before you go, have you ever stopped to ask yourself why you're switching sides so easily? So frequently? Why you feel such a responsibility to help everyone?" She muttered. 

Naomi narrowed her eyes with intensity. "Call it guilt if you want. I'd call it none of your business."

"It certainly is my business if what you're doing will affect my son," Emma fired back. 

"Well, Emma, have you considered why you're the only one in this group who has a problem with my being here? Naomi's voice remained so calm, it was almost scary. 

Emma tilted her head. "Because I can see right through your thick facade. It's sad to know that even you can't. You've convinced yourself that this illusion is your true self, and on the occasion, it flickers into reality. You seem to be the only one here who doesn't know a thing about who you truly are. To me, you're a two-faced liar with little sympathy for-"

"Emma, that's enough!" Neal pulled her away. 

Naomi watched as Emma walked away. "A little time to self-actualize wouldn't hurt, Jones!"

God, she hated that woman. 

Whatever she were to say or do, it would never be enough for Emma Swan. What did Naomi have to do to convince Emma for one minute that she cared about Henry too? She cared about her family, both of them. 

Hell, she cared about the worlds she lived in. She would rather not see them die. 

Killian offered her his rum. Naomi swatted it away. 

"My apologies, sissy. She's been on edge these past hours. Of course, it's understandable-"

"Sissy?" Naomi laughed. Killian shrugged and took a sip of rum. 

Naomi frowned. "You need to drink something else once in a while. Don't you ever run out of that stuff?"

It was his turn to laugh. "Never. Ladies first?"

The two were quickly able to catch up. 

"So tell me, sissy, where have you been for the past three days?" He asked her quietly. She stared ahead at the ground. Was it worth the risk of telling the truth?

"Where do you want me to begin?" She muttered. 

Killian scoffed. "For starters, magic? When did this happen?"

"Oh, yes, when did this happen?" 

Neal paced backwards towards them. He had been listening to their conversation. He looked at Naomi like she had just thrown his baby down an elevator shaft. "Why? What could have possibly made you think that was a good idea? Was it Pan?"

"No, actually. He was quite reluctant to teach me. Said I should stick to my arrows. And , for the record, we only started last evening. I think I'm coming along well for such a beginner," Naomi told them. Killian rolled his eyes. Neal slowed his pacing. 

"Do you realize what you've done, Naomi? It's only a downhill slope from here!" He said. 

She was quick taken aback from his expression. He looked betrayed. 

The three stopped in their tracks, allowing the group to go ahead. "Naomi, you do know what we may have to do? What we may have to do to stop Pan?" He said in a low voice. 

She avoided eye contact. "We'll find a way to avoid it. I promise, I swear on my mother's grave, we're trying to do some good. Pan and I... we've devised a plan. We just need Henry, and-"

"Naomi, he will kill Henry."

Damn. 

She bit the inside of her cheek. "You don't know that." Her voice cracked. 

"Yes I do, and you do too." Neal shifted on his feet. "At the end of the day, you need to decide who you're really with. Us, or him. And as long as you're happy, and Henry is safe, I'll support whatever choice you make. This doesn't have to end in a fight."

Naomi sighed. She kicked a rock near her foot into the jungle. 

"It always ends in a fight."

Neal looked to Killian after a second's hesitation. It was time to end the conversation. "Hey, what happened to Tamara and Greg? Are they still in Storybrooke?" He asked. 

"Ooh, I shot her!" Naomi piped up. 

What a good way to change her mood. Killian sent her a deadpan glare. 

"You shot my fiance?"

"Don't tell me you still would've married that woman. Besides, it wasn't fatal. Just a grazed shoulder," Naomi stated. She was still incredibly proud of what she had done. 

Neal chuckled and sighed. "My hero. Thank you."

"Any time."

Naomi spotted the woman in green up ahead, conversing with David. She sped up slightly to catch up with them. 

"Hi, we haven't properly met," Naomi told the green woman. She held out a hand. "Naomi."

The woman didn't crack a smile and shook the hand. "Tinkerbell. Excuse me." She quickly jogged to the front of the group. 

"Good to know she's a talker," Naomi muttered. 

Killian was about to laugh and make a snarky remark when the two at front made an abrupt stop. Naomi tried to look between the bodies. 

"What's going on?" Neal pushed ahead to the front. Naomi and Killian followed. 

"Found them," Emma muttered. 

Regina and Gold. The two groups had finally crossed paths. Naomi ran a hand through her dark hair, swearing as it got caught in several knots along the way. 

"If this is your version of a rescue party, looks like we've come just in time," Regina commented. She nodded to Tinkerbell. 

"What are you doing here?" Mary Margaret asked.  

Regina motioned to Gold. He revealed a small, ruby encrusted box. "The same as you. Except we actually have a chance," she told them. "Pandora's box."

Naomi bit her lip with a smirk. "I remember those legends. It held all the world's darkness and despair until one young girl opened it, believing it was a gift for her. Since then, all evil has plagued the earth."

"Exactly. It can trap Pan for eternity by just opening the lid."

"Are you sure that thing's empty? It could release whoever is already inside," Naomi said. 

Gold looked at her as if she were stupid. "It's empty."

"You didn't tell me she was working with my father," Neal whispered to Emma. 

"I didn't know!"

"Your father is the Dark One?" Tinkerbell asked. 

He glared daggers at his father. "Yeah, and he's not getting anywhere near Henry," Neal stated. 

"Bae...."

Emma scowled. "What's he talking about?"

Neal spat at the ground. "There's a prophecy that says Henry  will be his undoing. He didn't come here to protect Henry, he came here to kill him," he announced. 

It made perfect sense. Being immortal didn't mean you couldn't die. No one could be guaranteed freedom of the inevitable end of all things. Everything ended, even the Dark One. Rumpelstiltskin could still be killed. 

But of course, that couldn't happen. It didn't sit right with Rumpelstiltskin. Even if Henry was his grandson, the Dark One needed to live forever. A cheetah never changes its spots. 

A cheetah never changes its spots. 

Regina smacked Gold. "That's why you didn't want to find Neal before Henry. You knew he'd spill your secret!" She shook her head in disgust. 

"Everything I did was to protect that boy. You wouldn't understand-"

"Oh, bullshit!" Naomi shouted. 

"It all makes sense now," Emma drew her sword. "You left before we could make shore."

"So you would get to him first." Mary Margaret notched an arrow. 

"So no one could stop you." Killian drew his own sword. 

It was then when Naomi realized she had no bow or sheath. Good thing that knife never left her side. She was going to need something

"Ready for that truce yet?" She asked Emma. 

Emma nodded. 

"Bae, if you could just hear me out," Gold pleaded. His eyes looked glassy. 

Neal held a hand up. "Don't bother. I can't trust you."

"I... you don't- You want my dagger? The source of my power? Bae, please understand. If I could give you my dagger, I would. But I can't."

"Then give me the box. I don't have to trust you if I can stop you," Neal said. 

Gold sighed and stepped forward with Pandora's box. He handed it off to Neal. "If you lift even a finger to perform magic, you're gonna spend the rest of eternity in this box," Neal told him. Gold nodded. 

Emma put away her sword. "Alright. Let's go."

Killain and Naomi walked alongside for several minutes. The silence was nice. It allowed for her to think. 

A cheetah couldn't change its spots. 

Sure, this could be true for everyone. Every person who lived had inner colors. As to her experience, each person had two personalities; the ones they use when with others, and the ones when they are alone. Sooner or later, every man would show their true colors. 

Under every mirage, as Emma liked to call it, was a faded, not as pretty photograph. 

Rumpelstiltskin was trying to be a better man. He was, you could tell he was. He was trying for Belle's sake. People saw Robin Hood as a bad guy, but he gave back to the robbed poor, as he believed it would benefit all parties. Cora believed she was doing what was best for her daughter. 

Each and every one of them thought they would benefit those around them. 

Was this what was happening with Naomi?

What if Naomi Wright was her mirage? She was the mirage Naomi Jones liked to hide under. Jones knew she wasn't the nicest of people, but Wright was. Wright knew how to talk to people, she knew how to be proud of herself without being vain. Wright knew how to do everything Jones did not. Jones liked to hide beneath her mirage and not reveal the old, faded, crinkly old photograph no one liked to look at. 

She thought back to what Neal had said. 

She knew what they would do to Pan. She knew. 

In the end, would she be willing to let him die just to spare her relationship with them? Would she find a way to save the island herself without him?

What if she was the cheetah, and the old photograph she liked to hide was her pattern of spots?

Then Emma came along and disturbed her train of thought.

"We have to talk," she said, coming up behind Killian. 

He sighed. "I know when a woman tells me that I'm rarely in for a pleasant conversation."

Naomi unsuccessfully concealed a laugh. 

"There has to be a way for David to leave the island," Emma pleaded. Naomi dropped her grin. 

"David can't leave?"

Emma shook her head. "He got nicked by a Dreamshade arrow. He drank that spring water before it could kill him."

"Are you kidding- Hey, man," Naomi shouted up to the front where he was walking. 

She didn't know why she took that news so personally. But it hurt nonetheless. It hurt to know he went up there willy nilly to drink that magical spring water like it was nothing. People had died at the hands of that poison. Naomi had nearly reached the same fate. 

Was the cure really a cure? David went around drinking it like soda. He knew the risks, he knew what would happen. He just decided to ignore them. 

"Naomi! I made him drink it," Killian said. 

She looked to him with a scowl. "What the hell?" She punched his arm. "I'm about to retract my mental apology for being a bitch!"

"Hey, hey," Emma calmly scolded her. Her voice was gentle and quiet. "It wasn't his fault. Mary Margaret told me about your brother." Naomi groaned. "What happened to him... it can't be easy to talk about."

"Then let's not, shall we?" Killian suggested bitterly. "Look, we simply cannot let him leave this island. The connection will break and the poison will take his life."

"But what if we take some of it with us? That way he can drink it periodically and live in Storybrooke?"

"And for how long? It won't last forever," Naomi said. 

Emma struggled to find another suggestion. 

"What if there were another cure?" Gold spoke up behind them. The trio stopped. "Suddenly interested in what I have to say? I thought I wasn't to be trusted?"

"You can't be. But I'll take my chances," muttered Emma. 

Gold chuckled like the sick, self-centered bastard he was. "Well, if you remember, I too was poisoned by a cowardly pirate."

Killian smirked. 

"Yet, I'm still-"

"Yes, we remember how you cured yourself. But a candle that takes someone else's life is not gonna help David. He's not that selfish," Emma told him. 

Gold sighed. He, like so many others, hated to be interrupted. "In my near death experience I learned quite a lot about the poison. I believe I would be able to create an elixir back in my shop," he said. 

Emma frowned. "What's your price?"

"Well, it is quite a favor. For it I would request something of equal weight in return."

"Absolutely not," Neal said. "You're gonna help David because it's the right thing to do. No favors, no deals, just the elixir."

Gold paused and nodded. "Fine. I'll do as you ask."

"I'll go tell David." Emma smiled and walked off. 

Incredible! One of her problems solved. 

Naomi was soon to follow, but couldn't make it very far. Tinkerbell had turned around to address the others behind. 

"We're here. Pan's perimeter," she said. 

Emma nodded. "Okay!" She turned to Neal. "You all good with Pan patrol?"

"Locked and loaded." Neal patted the satchel that held Pandora's box. 

Naomi took a deep breath. The time was approaching. What if Pan was at the camp with Henry? What would she do? What did they expect her to do?

"Listen, I should go in there first," Naomi told the group. All eyes turned to her. Some were skeptical. "I have the best chances of getting us in there."

Tinkerbell scoffed and shook her head. "And how do we know you want warn Pan of our presence and let him escape?"

"No, she's right," Regina said. She waved Naomi forward. "Come here." She rushed back to the clearing. Naomi followed. The two crouched behind some shrubbery. 

"Just go in and make sure no one we care about is there," Regina ordered. 

Naomi's heart stopped. "What will you do to them?"

"Relax, hun. Just a simple sleeping spell. They'll be awake by the time we're gone."

Naomi nodded and moved a few meters to her right, away from the group, before walking into the clearing. One of the younger boys stood and immediately ran to give her a hug. 

"Oh, hey Pascal!" She laughed. She took a quick sweep of everyone. Jackson, Gabriel, Devin, Alfie, and two centurions. None of them, besides Jackson who waved, paid her any attention. She looked to the trees and nodded. 

A purple haze swept over the boys, narrowly missing Naomi's body. All seven of the boys fell to the ground. 

On three sides, the group revealed themselves. They looked among the bodies for Henry, but their effort was futile. Emma cursed. "He has to be here somewhere!"

"But where?" Mary Margaret asked. 

This was wrong. This was all wrong. 

Naomi was about to say something unhelpful when the distraction cued. 

"Help! Help!" That little girl's voice cut through the air like a blade. Everyone went in search for her. Gold and Naomi stayed behind. 

She needed just a few more moments of free thought. What was happening?

First, Naomi ran away in search for Henry. 

Second, she found a caged up girl. So far so good. 

Third, Neal Cassidy was dead. 

Fourth, Emma saw through her mirage. 

Fifth, David was poisoned. 

Sixth, she had helped overtake one of the Lost Boys' camps. 

Seventh, everything was about to unfold. 

That little girl would talk. She would recognize Naomi and share her secrets. Everything would fall apart. Right?

+ + +

heh, I'm in danger

also, I love writing bitch mode Naomi. It's fun

last edited November 11, 2020

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

304K 6.8K 35
"That better not be a sticky fingers poster." "And if it is ." "I think I'm the luckiest bloke at Hartley." Heartbreak High season 1-2 Spider x oc
362K 7.8K 21
Lorena Sparrow is Jack Sparrow's little sister. He protects her and is sometimes over protective of her. Lorena stands besides Jack no matter what be...
19.2K 834 12
~Takes place during the Revenge of The Sith plot line~ (4th book in the Age of Jedi series, go read the first 3 if you haven't :-)) When the Supreme...
8K 453 5
π’Šπ’ π’˜π’‰π’Šπ’„π’‰ tom riddle finds himself infatuated with lena bones and would do anything, and everything for her.