Run with ME! (Haiji Kiyose X...

By YukoZuo

A 3rd year Health Science's student who enrolled in Kansei University have living her normal life quite the s... More

Morning Jog
Chikusei-so
Track and Field Club
New Sparks
First Training
Yaokatsu
Her Past
Future Job
Reality
Iwatobi
Honest Confession
My Story
Rank
Training Camp
A Little Bit Different
Another Chance
Ouji Conquered Time!
Pray
Win and Then...?
Answer
The Beginning
The Middle (Part 1)
The Middle (Part 2)
The Ending
After Story
The Match and The Deal
Nira's Story
Bonus (Part 1)
Bonus (Part 2)
Married Arc (Part 1)
Married Arc (Part 2)

Friends?

269 17 0
By YukoZuo

THIRD PERSON'S POV
All the presence there was stunned at what (Y/N) had said to Sakaki. She got him right in the spot with her remarks. Even the person herself doesn't realize their staring instead only gives them a cheer of support with a normal smile. There's only one thought running on their mind.

(Y/N)-san/-nee is so COOL!

Then, everyone's attention changes to the endless cheering of Haiji in order to give Ouji more spirit to finish his running.

"They are waiting for the warrior named Ouji to return!", Haiji shouted excitedly as Ouji's nearing the finish line, almost losing all his energy.

"Sounds like something Ouji would enjoy-", Yuki commented but when he noticed a sparkling aura from (Y/N), he continued. "-you too (Y/N)-san?!".

"Haiji's learning", Musa added. He also noticed the young woman's sparkling gaze. "...and (Y/N)-san too ahaha...", he referred to (Y/N). The woman who looks cool in their eyes before completely changed.

(Y/N)-san/nee is surprisingly enjoying this!

Everyone sweat drops at her sparkling aura as Haiji continues on rambling encouraging words.

"Today, you'll reach an unknown territory you've never reached before!", Haiji exclaimed. "You're here!", he gives Ouji a push from the back as he falls in slow motion. Everyone's eyes widen at the sight including (Y/N). Hana read the time on the stopwatch.

"34:59:28", she said out loud.

"Hear that Ouji? 34 minutes. You broke the 35-minute wall. You did it", Haiji told him proudly of Ouji's achievement.

"A-amazing! You were amazing Ouji-senpai. As a humble student of yours, I am proud of you. Congratulations, warrior Ouji!", (Y/N) moves in a flash to Ouji's side as she gives him her manga-like speech. Haiji only grinned at her enthusiasm and unintentional support though Ouji already laid down, half dead in spite of their encouraging words.

Suddenly, the new face that has been watching them laugh in a mocking tone which caught everyone's attention.

"What is this? A seniors marathon? I can walk faster than that", Sakaki nastily commented then he turned around only to meet Kakeru's hard glare. The smile on (Y/N)'s face dropped when she heard Sakaki's mockery on Ouji. Despite the tense aura emitted from both guys, Haiji went to ask Sakaki in his normal tone. Sakaki explained that he has known Kakeru since high school. Everyone only listened to their conversation but when Haiji was about to tell him their goal of running in the Hakone Ekiden, the guys began to sweat and tried to stop him from saying anything further. But, he already beat them to it. They can only sigh hopelessly. Kakeru looked away with a guilty expression. As for (Y/N), she only watched Haiji, wondering how things will turn out.

"What?", Sakaki asked in disbelief at Haiji's bold statement. Haiji ends up explaining that all of these ten guys will participate in the Hakone Ekiden, not missing a tone. "Hakone? Is he serious?", Sakaki asked Kakeru, who was still keeping his guilty gaze on the ground. Seeing his expression ticked Sakaki off. "Are you making light of track and field? Huh?", Sakaki asked again, pressing his tone. Haiji answered but Sakaki insisted on hearing Kakeru's answer. Instead of answering, Kakeru still glared down as his fist tightened. Unsatisfied by his silence, Sakaki continues throwing a mocking question. "Aren't you embarrassed to run at their level?", he shouted. All of the guys gaze hardened at Sakaki's statement of their level, except Nico.

Having enough of Sakaki's demand on Kakeru's answers, (Y/N) instinctively clicked her tongue lowly as a habit of hers whenever she lost her patience. Getting up, she walked over to the heated spot of their conversation. Stopping beside Haiji, she was about to say something when Ouji suddenly spoke up.

(Y/N)'S POV
"The only thing that matters is who we are!", Ouji finished his inspiring speech when he passed out completely. Everyone still had their shocked face as well as me. Biting my lips, my fist clench tightly as I shut my eyes tightly. Such beautiful words! As expected of Ouji-senpai, I'll keep it in mind!

"Ouji..", Haiji said with a touching expression, hearing Ouji's heartfelt speeches. "you heard him", his tone turned back to normal in a split second.

"That was quick!", Yuki exclaimed as I face palmed at Haiji's quick change of feelings. Haiji then walked towards Kakeru, placing his hand on Kakeru's shoulder.

"Kakeru will get faster. Even faster than when you knew him", Haiji said confidently. Kakeru's eyes widen then Haiji drags him away from the scene. I peek over to Sakaki from behind as he is completely stunned. Patting his shoulder, he jumped from the sudden touch of mine.

"I'm looking forward to see you run too, Sakaki-kun. I might judge you too", I said with a smile. His eyes widened at my words. Looking away, he was about to run off but was stopped by Kakeru.

"We'll meet again", Kakeru declared but when Sakaki's face changed, he started to doubt if he said the wrong thing. I chuckled as the guys started throwing comments which made him even more guilty. His face has become completely troubled now. I walk over to Hana and she smiles at me in relief that the problem has solved.

"Let's head back, breakfast is waiting", Haiji said out loud which received an excited response from the guys. He walked over to Ouji and helped him stand up. Our eyes met, and he smiled at me.

"Thanks for coming today (Y/N)-san even though it's a surprise. Join us for breakfast, will you?", he said as he dragged Ouji along.

"I don't know what I ever did to receive a thanks but you're welcome. Anyway, I'll help you with breakfast, Haiji-san", I said as he nodded in response then walked ahead with Ouji. "You can go first Hana. I came by my scooter so see you later!", I said to Hana. She nodded with a smile as she walked away with the twin. Turning to Kakeru who is still standing there, I pat his shoulder. "You really should learn more vocabulary with Ouji-senpai. You did good, Kakeru-kun", I smiled at him. Nodding my head as an excuse, I walked ahead leaving him in his thoughts. I look up to the sky above, a soft smile adorned on my lips. The dark sky has turned bright. The sign of a new page being written. And, a new spark will light up again. I'm waiting for your promise, Haiji-san!

🍃

"Thanks for helping me with the dishes. By the way, I haven't heard yet the reasons for you to come today", Haiji begins as we walk out the door.

"It's a normal thing to do as a repayment for your help before Haiji-san. Also, I decided to come today as a judge", I answered with a grin. His eyebrows raised in confusion.

"Judge?", he questioned.

"Yep, I wanted to judge the guys. Their health, time and also stamina. After all, you guys are going to participate in the marathon right? If you want me to run with you, then I have to do what I can!", I said without hesitation. Haiji looks kind of surprised so I gasp, when one thing crosses my mind. "o-or did you really meant by a real running? Because it is definitely impossible for me to run that long...", I began to fluster when I thought of the long distance for one participant in a marathon.

"Why not? You have an athletic figure and you once do sport too", Haiji stated the obvious. My eyebrows twitched.

"I did said that... but figure or experience is not all the thing you need to have in a sport. For me, support from your teammates is important too. And I'm not ready to face the pool yet...", I mumbled the last part with a faraway gaze.

"(Y/N)-san, teammates and friends is a different thing. Teammates can only give you support in a game but friends will always support you at any time. And, you're a part of us. Our friends too, (Y/N)-san", Haiji said without a hint of doubt. I look up to him as I process his words. That's when I realized...

"Haiji-san, what you said just now-", I stopped mid-sentence. He only look at me in question. I inhale then continue. "-is seriously like a manga! There's this manga that I've been reading recently and it have lot of friendship-like thing, and you said the exact same thing with what the protagonist said! Who would have thought that I'm actually hearing the dialogue now! It's far from my expectation!", I begin to rambling nonsense. Haiji blink at my excited tone which woke me up from my little world. "Ah- I'm s-sorry, I got carried away in the moment... Please forget about it", I cleared my throat after I calmed down. Haiji laughed in response.

"Hahaha, you really like manga (Y/N)-san. I can see why Ouji cares for you", he rested his hand on one hip.

"No no, I'm still far from gaining Ouji-senpai's care. Besides, I think you're the one whom I should thank for taking care of Ouji-senpai. I'm glad to know someone like you is living with him so I can rest assured of his health. Thank you Haiji-san", I bowed down a bit in gratitude. He looked a bit taken aback by my replies. "Then, I'll take my leave first. See you again, Haiji-san", I nodded then started heading to my scooter.

"Wait, (Y/N)-san--", Haiji called out to me but was interrupted by Nira's barking. I turned to Nira that was tied loosely on the small pole. She barked twice then walked around in a circle, barking once again. It seems that is how she says goodbye. Such a cute way to say goodbye!

"Hehe, see you too again Nira!", I waved to her with an amused smile. Then I turn my head to Haiji at the back. "What did you want to say, Haiji-san?", I asked. His spaced out face came to reality back.

"Oh, I just want to say goodbye too. Careful (Y/N)-san", he waved with a smile. I nod then proceed on getting to my scooter. Starting my scooter, I give them a final wave then drive back home. Friends huh... It's been so long since I heard such a sincere tone. It feels warm...inside my heart.

HAIJI'S POV
A sigh escaped my lips after (Y/N) had drove away. Turning to Nira, I walk over to her. She barks once while pointing her head to the direction where (Y/N) had left. I bent down and ruffled her soft head.

"I know, I'll ask her later. For now, I just want her to believe we are her friends. I'm sure she'll open up to us. You think so too right, Nira?", I said to Nira as she replied with a bark. Ruffling her head for the last time, I get up and look up to the sky. A smile formed on my lips. I will definitely take us to the top of Hakone, along with (Y/N)-san. No matter what, we will make it a reality!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

315 2 9
*DISCONTINUED* Kageyama x reader Kageyama is the same as always uptight, moody, and socially awkward. Or is that just an act? (Y/n) is an average...
56.9K 1.8K 16
You lost your lover. He left you just like that,and then you saw him dead. You were alone untill about 2 years later you met this guy named Haise Sas...
425K 16.2K 39
he wanted to protect her like his own baby fox, and he made sure to do it right. ~ L/n Y/n. A germaphobe that's loaded with therapies during the week...
31.4K 1.4K 40
MATURE CONTENT NOW ON PATREON (link in bio to gain access to two smut chapters) TRIGGER WARNING: suicide mentions "In Japanese and Chinese tale, it i...