DISTANCE➶ ❁۪ 。˚ ✧~A SWEET PEA...

By xo6bree6ox

(Cor) Delia is just an ordinary girl who lives in a not so ordinary town with some weird unordinary things ha... More

ACT ONE
I. The Town With Pep
II. First Day Of Sophomore Year
III. Cheer Tryouts
IV. The Semi-Formal Dance
V. Last Minutes in Heaven
VI. Friends?
VII. Sickness
VIII. Current Affairs
IX. Day Of The Dead
X. Moving On & Returning
XI. Murder Accusations
XII. Baby Shower Blues
XIII. Unexpected Guest & Interrogation
XIV. A Night Full Of Sorrow
XV. The Truth, The Real One
XVI. Tears All Around
ACT TWO
XVII. Last Piece Of Innocence Gone
XVIII. Hospital Hours
XIX. Now Or Never
XX. The Year Of 2014
XXI. Finally Out
XXII. Stupid Rumours
XXIII. The Red Devils
XXIV. LollyPop Oh Oh LollyPop
XXV. Awe He Calls You Princess
XXVI. A Horror Movies Dream
XXVII. It Was A Good Day Until...
XXVIII. Feel The Connection
XXIX. Doubt? Nope Just Fear
XXX. Finding Things To Live For
XXXI. Like A Baby Bird, Right?
XXXII. Always Screwing Things Up
XXXIII. We Are The Dreamers
XXXIV. The Depths Of Loneliness
XXXV. Corridor Conversations
XXXVI. Restraining Orders
XXXVII. Driving Sorrows
XXVIII. Lodges Vs Andrews
XXXIX. Your Not Who I Thought You Were
XL. Broken Dolls
XLI. Tread Lightly, Danger Ahead
XLII. Ok Lets Try This Again
XLIII. Every Tomorrow
XLIV. In Untiy There Is Strength
XLV. Death Troll
ACT THREE
XLVI. Once Upon A Time In NYC
XLVII. A Summer In A Death Town
XLVIII. Labour Day Weekend
XLIX. Lets Make Some Changes
L. The New Cordelia Andrews
LI. Young Minds With Old Age Issues
LII. The Great Escape
LIII. The Beginnings Of A Recovery
LIV. And So Now We Do The Talking
LVI. Hope: The Key To Life Itself
LVII. Sweet Strawberry Kisses
LVIII. Never Get Bored, Please?
LIX. Your All It Takes For Me To Fall
LX. Dig A Little Deeper (1)
LXI. If I Could Take Us Back...(2)
LXII. Lets Make It A Good Day
LXIII. Who Wants To Join A Cult?
LXIV. Time To Make A Decision
LXV. A Minute Is All I Need
VERY IMPORTANT PLEASE READ!!!!
ACT FOUR
LXVI. Who Lives Who Dies Who Tells Our Story
LXVII. The Variations Of The Word 'Sorry'
LXVIII. Doing What I Can To Help
LXIX. Little Shop Of Horrors
LXX. The Thanksgiving Spent Alone
LXXI. And So The Curtains Finally Close

LV. Thirty-One Days And Counting

527 17 0
By xo6bree6ox

LV. THIRTY-ONE DAYS AND COUNTING

I shoot up from my slumber due to the loud excruciating noise of what I can interpret as yelling coming from beside me. I sit up from the floor and look over towards the noise which happens to be coming from Hannah.

"Hey Hannah, what's wrong?" I ask trying to be as calm as possible even though it's the middle of the night. Not even a second later Betty comes rushing down the stairs and walks over.

"He's coming. The Gargoyle King, he's coming to kill me!"

"Hannah, hey, hey. No, he's not, Hannah. It was just a bad dream, okay? That's all over, remember? The Gargoyle King is dead." I watch as Betty comforts the girl. I feel so bad. Not knowing that Betty was at that place or all these people. I wish I had known so I could have at least helped her.

"The Gryphon Queen, she slayed him. She saved us." Tyler pitches in all the others now awake due to the noise.

"Exactly, Tyler."

"Okay, but since we're up, can we play?Please, Betty, it really does make us feel better."

"-Please, Betty."

"-Please."

"Okay, just one quick round and then back to bed."

"Are you sure that's a good idea? Just thinking about that game gives me nightmares." I ask Betty as she stands and goes to get the box.

"I have no-..Wait...What is this?" Betty asks as she turns around while she holds up a small packet showing it around the room so they can all see. I furrow my eyebrows in confusion before standing from where I had been asleep and slowly walking over to Betty who is in the middle of the living room.

She hands my the packet so I can get a closer look. The bright red, blue and yellow design instantly sparking memories. "Wait this is what they look like?" I question flipping it over as I begin to remember something like this.

"Yes- and Who does this belong to? Huh?"

"They're Tyler's." Hannah says I look over at Tyler then Betty who looks at Tyler.

"He's been taking them."

"Tyler..." I say softly he looks at me scared at what the consequences.

"Where did you get the Fizzle Rocks?"

"A Serpent. I think what's they are called..." Betty looks over at me and I shrug a little.

"Did they have a name?" I ask he shakes his head at me. I look over at Betty who motions for me to walk with her into the kitchen.

"Any idea?"

"I haven't really been keeping an eye on the serpents lately.-Sorry I know I promised Jug to be some sort of a leader while he was gone and I did but not recently..I should have been more aware and stuff."

"It's okay Delia. I know you have things going on and I respect and understand that...the fizzle rocks, I told you about them yesterday-"

"I recognise them..- sorry I didn't mean to interrupt you."

"No no it's fine this could lead to something..."

"I saw it...in the...in the woods but I don't think that could do much help sorry." I apologise.

"It's fine Delia. You should head to bed. It's getting pretty late."

"Yeah your right. Goodnight." I say as the two of us part ways by the stairs.

"Goodnight." As I go to sit back in my space most of them are all ready fast asleep and some are just about to. I sigh before shutting off the lights and shutting my eyes hoping to get back to sleep. Key word here is hoping. Because all we can do is hope...

-

Though when I had hoped I would be going back to a deep slumber I am now instead walking in the woods with my PJs still on and a touch in my hand. The thought of the fuzzy rocks still being on my mind it kept me awake so now I'm searching for any and all answers, and lucky for me I found it. I shine the touch down and the pocket shining through.

"Gotcha." I mutter as I crouch down and brushing off the leaves before picking it up revealing half of the packet. I flash the light around trying to see where the other half is here or not.

I stand back up and flash it around before notice I've walked so deep into the woods I'm but the old abandoned cabins the town used to use. Abandoned because more and more people began to get lost while staying here and would come back forgetting what had happened and some never came back, but that's what I've been told. I've never actually been here since it's been closed up but even just looking at it makes me want to turn around and go home but I don't. Instead I walk closer only for me to notice a light shining in the closest cabin.

"What the hell..." I mutter to myself walking up to the window ducking a bit but sticking my head up so I can see inside it.

Inside is a man sitting on one of the arm rocking chairs in front of the fire smoking a cigarette. His face turned away so I can't identify him so I watch him a little longer in hopes he will look my way enough I can see what the guy looks like.  While I watch I inspect the interior of the cabin to find something significant to stick out. And one does. Two to be clear. On the coffee tables lays the griffin and gargoyles game laid out like I had just been played. I look at it confused shaking my head slightly.

On the far corner of that table lays a slightly scrunched up packet of fizzy rocks and what seems to be the other half. I look over at the guy to see he puff out the smoke before looking in my direction. I quickly move to the side of the window so I'm hidden a waiting a few seconds before looking back in and finally noticing the guys face only for it to be familiar.

"The taxi guy..." I mutter as I gaze at the guy in confusion trying to understand what is going on. I snap out of that daze quickly before rushing away from the window and away from the cabin. Once I'm a good distance  away I stop for a minute to take a breather as I lean against the tree before looking back. I'm definitely going to need to do some digging.

-

"Ah- Hi guys sorry I'm late.." I say jumping over a few logs to get to the serpents only to see that most of them are off doing there own thing. I walk over to Sweet Pea, Fangs and Betty and also Jughead who sits on his thrown.

"Great I missed yet another meeting. Does anyone know where I can get a working clock because clearly none in this town work!" I say frustrated before kicking an acorn from the ground aggressively.

"We'll catch you up later." Sweet Pea says as he stands next to Fangs who looks at me out of it.

"What are you wearing?" Jughead asks standing up from his chair.

"Uh clothes?" I say then look down at myself. "Oh right I forgot you left for a month and didn't answer my calls ha ha ha." I answer with a small chuckle but no one joins in so I brush it off as a cough.

"I got a new job." I say. Doctor Ellman actually suggested I get one. Though I have Ruth's money she gave me still yet to be cashed out, he thought it would be a better distraction and so he helped employee me at a restaurant just at the edge of town and before the start of Greendale.

"And your late to every meeting?"

"Not every- most...-sometimes."

"Cords, I put you in charge of keeping the serpents together now someone's dealing drugs and Cheryls losing it."

"Okay..." I say pinching the bridge of my nose before clapping. "Jughead. Please don't blame me for all your issues. I took two buses to get here and ran an unreasonably amount. That alone took me forty five minutes max. I had some random lady boss me around for thirty minutes waitering her. I had to clean floors, tables, chairs, toilets- both to be exact. I don't know what your boys do i there but for the love of God-..I did not waste my break for you to criticise me. So maybe listen to Cheryl and take some damn responsibility in the gang you decide to lead."

"Delia take a minute." Sweet Pea says softly in a hush tone. Its almost as if I snap out of the aggression I had been feeling and into a completely different feeling. I look down at my hand noticing the shortness in my nails and how I have been picking them without even noticing. I look up and around before back at Jughead who looks at me words unable to come out of his mouth.

"I have to go. My break ends in twenty minutes I don't really want to get fired- I should go..um you know..catch my bus." I say before shutting my eyes in annoyance feel as though I have shared too much information that none of them probably want to know. I then turn and walk away as I begin to bite my nails mentally kicking myself at how stupid I am.

How could I really argue with Jughead when all I could have done was left it alone. Great what a great start to the week.

"I'm gonna go with her." I hear Sweet Pea say to the others before beating his feet jog over to catch up to me.

"Hey."

"Hi."

"You need a ride I can drop you off?" Sweet Pea offers.

"I would but I'm really not in the mood for a motorbike ride. Sorry." I reply

"Don't apologise it's okay. But lucky for you I took the truck today." Sweet Pea says as we slowly make a stop in front of it. "So...?"

"Alright." I answer he smiles before opening the car door for me earning a small thank you.

-

"Delia..when I told you you had a break I meant for an hour not two." Billy, my boss, tells me as he watches me rush in and around all the tables and chairs to make it into the staff room where he begins to follow me.

"Yeah I know I'm sorry I had to deal with something. I messed up and I'm sorry. I'll make up for it I promise." I answer quickly as I jump over the barrier leading towards the place where we keep all our things.

"You don't have to Delia it's fine." I turn around confused as I remove my hoodie my uniform underneath and set my backpack down.

"Are..-are you sure?"

"Yeah just go help Chloe she's out there cleaning tables."

"You got it boss." I say with a smile before heading out.

"Here she is. The man, the myth and the legend. Delia Andrews everyone!" Chloe says as she stops cleaning the table and begins to clap. I roll my eyes at her before she chucks a rag my way.

"So where did you travel to?" Chloe says in a mischievous manner as the both of begin cleaning tables.

"Went and saw some friends who don't appreciate the time and effort it takes me to see them." I say with a fake smile.

"Ooo that must of killed."

"Uh yeah it kinda did."

"You know I'm sure they were just stressed or whatever they'll apologise to you."

"Maybe...-Oh a customer."

"Coffee?" Chloe yells at the gentleman who walks in startling him slightly. I snigger lightly nudging Chloe slightly.

"Uh- yeah?"

"Great." Chloe says with a fake smile clasping her hands together. I laugh a little as I carry on whipping tables.

"Come on over." She gestures as she walks over to the cashier place where the coffee and hot drinks are made.

-

"If you were hard up, you could've talked to me." Jughead beings as Fangs sits in front of FP, Jughead and I in Jughead and FP's trailer. I have no idea why I was told to come but I'm glad I did.

"The quarantine happened, I needed money. You were gone."

"What about me fangs? I'm here. I'll always be here."

"Delia..-I love you and all but you had so much going on I didn't want to pile more things upon you...and I kinda forgot- sorry." Fangs answers I smile in a comforting manner but my heart cracks at the thought of Fangs forgetting about me- but again this isn't about me so I have nothing to be sad about.

"Well then, you could've talked to me. And what do you need money for?" FP asks

"...My mom's sick." My heart cracks at the immediate voice change in Fangs voice Turing into a innocent and fragile one.

"She's got treatments that we can't pay for." My stomach turns and flips at the thought of the money I have yet to used which could be going to for such a greater cause.

"You're like a brother to me, Fangs. We could've helped you."

"I was ashamed."

"So you started dealing Fizzle Rocks? And where'd you get it, the Gargoyle Gang?"

"I'm out now?" Fangs asks referring to the gang. I look over at Jughead. I immediately knew this was stupid if I were making the calls I wouldn't have told everyone punishment till the dealer had been found now, now Fangs could potentially be kicked out.

"The punishment for breaking this code is immediate exile.-"

"Jughead your seriously not...-Look I'll say it was me I'll leave the gang so fangs can stay no one will know."

"Delia I can't let you do that."

"What about your old man he won't be too pleased about it." FP says

"I guess not but Fangs...this is his family he shouldn't have to leave. I love everyone but the serpents are more of Fangs family and no one even likes me so it's not like me leaving would make a difference."

"No. No ones getting kicked out. Fangs, you'd had a rougher year than most. I'm willing to look the other way just this once, but this has to stay between us, okay?" Fangs nods in agreement as he sighs in relief.

"And if I catch you dealing drugs again...-"

"-You won't. I'm done."

-

"Okay class that was the final bell you are free to leave. Remember homework is due in next lesson!" Ms Rhyme yells at the class as everyone rushes out. Most the class already out I have just finished copying from the board.

"Delia could you actually wait behind?" I nod as I finish packing away, swinging my backpack over my shoulder and then walking over towards her desk.

"Okay Delia I'm just going to get straight to the point, your one of my best students. Good grades all year round but recently I've felt as though you haven't been trying as hard?"

"Excuse me?" I ask confused.

"Take your last two assignments for example. The first one you got a B.."

"That's good I mean it's not an A but I didn't exactly fail."

"Right but your most recent you got a D. Almost a fail."

"Almost not exactly a fail."

"Again that's true but like I said you had been getting A's prior and now they have dropped drastically...I'd there something I should know? I know not having your brother around could be stressful and-"

"Nope. Everything is okay."

"Are you sure?"

"Yep."

"Alright...okay..but just for clarity I have issued a meeting with your father." I mentally face palm trying my best not to yell at her for being so stupid.

"Um really? That seems unnecessary..."

"Very necessary Delia. I have issued it for after school-"

"Oh..and am I obliged to come?"

"Yes. This is about your education. I really did think you would take this more seriously-"

"I!-..." I go to yell but stop myself as I hold my hands into a tight fist.

"You should go have your lunch." She says I close my eyes in annoyance before turning around and walking out the door.

-

"Some girl pushed me over twice at lunch today. The first time she claimed it was an accident but the second time I knew she just wanted another shoot. Sucks on her cause I didn't fall but still was embarrassing. Then had that stupid teacher meeting that I was late for."

"What was the meeting about?"

"My grades are slipping- but before you ask I've got it handled but she did make me late for work. I would just prefer if she didn't think she had to intervene with my life cause I think it's none of her business."

"Maybe she was just trying to help."

"I think you adults overestimate how helpful you are...- not you, you're helpful to me," I reassure quickly.

"Why thank you Delia."

"Of course...I just want to skip past this point in my life and move on to the exciting bits."

"Which is?"

"I don't know...When I move out of Riverdale after High school...Fall in love with someone who falls just as hard and then we get married and we have kids and we grow old together."

"That's quite a while a away. Ten or less years maybe?"

"Yeah no need to remind me."

"Okay what about- let say ruffly in the space of a month."

"Okay..am I talking about what will happen in the space of a month or what will happen in a month?- actually don't answer that I already know what your gonna say."

"And that is?"

"Space of a month because you would prefer me to look forward to things a lot closer." I say imitating his voice a bit. He smiles as he chuckles lightly.

"Well I get my first pay check tomorrow."

"Wow. This a big deal."

"It is?"

"Yeah, Delia this is your first pay check of your job of course it is a big deal." I shrug. "What else?"

"I don't know...-any ideas?"

"I know one thing..something that will happen in a few days..come on think just a little harder."

"I honestly have no idea what your talking about-" I begin as I shake my head before it suddenly clicks making me feel...I don't know. I've never felt like this before.

"One month..."

"A full month Delia..31 days and counting."

"That's a long time..."

"Very long time. I mentioned this to your dad-"

"But-"

"Wrong word- he mentioned it to me."

"But how would he know how long?"

"Your Father knows a lot more than your letting on Delia."

"Um I don't know if that should be creepy or reassuring."

"Unintentionally creepy but definitely reassuring. Your farther cares deeply about you." I nod before looking at the ice cream in my hand that he had given to me not so long ago.

"Thanks- by the way for giving me ice cream." I answer as I carry on eating away at it.

"Your so very welcome."

-

"Serpents, earlier today, I brokered a deal. I got us a paid gig. From here on out, we'll be working security detail for Veronica Lodge, her speakeasy and her employees." Everyone beings to clap and cheer as Jughead stands before us serpents.

"Long live the Serpents! Whoo!"

"Great so am I oblige to take this job?" I ask Jughead gives me a look. With my schedule piling up what seems to be like every day, I honestly have no idea how I even have time to be here anymore.

"Settle down. I know it's good news for a change, but I've also gathered us here for less celebratory reasons. Cheryl, Toni, come up here." Jughead says the two look at him confused.

"Excuse me? What did we do?"

"You broke into the Lodge apartment and stole a Glamourge egg."

"So what if we did?"

"Well, more than that, you left your calling card, attaching yourself, and by extension, all of the Serpents to your crime."

"I'm not afraid of Lodge. What's he gonna do, call the sheriff? Oh, right, there is no sheriff."

"Cheryl, that's not the point. You broke the code..Turn in your jackets and go." I widen my eyes slightly before looking around to see if anyone else is seeing what I'm seeing.

"Are you serious, Jones? I'm a Serpent by blood. You can't take that away from me." Just as Toni says my phone begins to vibrate against my pocket. I take it out moving away from people so the loud noise doesn't over power.

"Hello?"

"Delia are you there?"

"Yeah Bill I'm here what's up?"

"I know you just ended your shift this morning but Chloe had a fall-"

"Oh no..is she okay? Is she hurt?"

"She's at the hospital right now."

"Oh gosh.."

"The restaurant still stays open. I've called Garret but I'm gonna need you to come over there are way to many customers for just the two of us."

"Um..."

"Delia please." I look back at the serpents then down.

"Yeah okay...I'll be there soon."

"Thank you Delia. Bye."

"Bye..." I sigh deeply as I remove my phone from my ear. I then look back over at the serpents shaking my head a little before walking over to Jughead causing him to stop talking.

"I've got to go.-"

"What? Cordy you can't just leave this is important." Jughead says I look over at the serpents still around before grabbing his arm and leading him off to the side a bit.

"I know but I have things I've got to do."

"Delia you haven't attended a full meeting this whole week. You've been lazy. Shown no care for the serpents. And you can't even join to help when offered a job for every single one of us."

"This again? Look, I have things to do Jughead and as much as I hate to admit it yeah it is more important right now."

"That's what you always say Delia. When is this, the serpents, ever going to be more important?!"

-

"I'm working at that restaurant after school two times a week and both days on weekends, I have my meetings with you every other day, I help out Dad at the construction site and now I have to be working to get my grades back up. And now I have to be some security at this speakeasy? Ah haha no thank you." I say shaking my head as both Kevin and I sit in my car eating away at some sweets.

"Your life's so much more interesting then mine." Kevin groans as he wiggles his legs in annoyance like a child.

"-I mean..-Obviously should never wish for anything like that to happen but-"

"It's okay Kev."

"But it shouldn't be. I should know better."

"No Kev really it's okay. That stuff doesn't faze me when you say it cause I know you don't mean it."

"Are you sure?"

"Positive. Just don't tell Oliver that we did this. He will kill me for not inviting me to this little late night hangout."

"Okay. We aren't going to pinky swear or anything? Because I'm for sure we left that in middle school."

"Why? You afraid it will kill your street cred?"

"No..." Kevin says

"Oh yeah right your no-existing street cred so there is no street cred to kill!" I say nodding in agreement with myself.

"What-" I give him a look only for him to roll his eyes at me and nudge me jokingly as I laugh at him.

-

"Delia is that you?"

"Yeah..." I say dragging out the word as I shut the front door behind me. Kicking my converse off to the side and setting down my keys.

"Great! Um..come quick." Dad says

"Yeah Dad?" I ask as I walk down the hallway leading towards the kitchen where dad stands with his back turned towards the sink and away from me.

"What are you-" i go to question but as I do he slowly turns around revealing a cupcake in his hand and a candle lit.

"What's this?" I ask softly as he keeps his arm curved around the candle at a distance to keep it from blowing out.

"Happy One Month my beautiful beautiful little girl." Dad says placing it down I slowly walk over so I'm a little bit closer to it.

"Oh..." I say softly titling my head to the side. "I- I don't know what to say...thank you Dad....for everything." I say pulling him into a tight hug to which he returns.

"Im so proud..." Dad says in a hush tone as he kisses the top of my head "I love you so much"

"I love you more Dad."

"I love you always and forever. Now blow out the candle before it blows the house down." Dad suggests gesturing me towards it say on the island. I remove my arms from around Dads waist and lean over at it. I watch it for a few seconds as it burns before blowing it away.

"I wish your mum and Archie were here to celebrate." Dad says placing an arm around my shoulder. I nod in agreement placing my head on his shoulder.

"Can we call mum? If she's not busy- I mean we can always call her another time right?" I ask quickly. Dad laughs lightly shaking his head.

"Sorry..I'm working on trying not to do...that." I answer smiling as I feel his laughter against my head.

"I know. I know..." dad mutters as he kisses my forehead again. "Let's call your mum shall we."

A/N This chapter seems boring I mean like I always say chapters like this are boring to write when the episodes have no correlation between Delia and what she's going through currently.

Btw if there are any mistakes I'm sorry I'm tired and I skimmed read this before posting it sorry😕

Also what I've released with the trigger warnings is that most my chapters are gonna include her talking about rape even if it's just mentioned once would anyone prefer if I just added it on anyways or should I do it not at the beginning of the chapter but before it's mentioned idk let me know :)

Had one full week of school and it has felt like I've been there for two months already. I'm so ready to leave already. Some girl form my school got corona so that's great and someone from my year might have it so that's even better. I kinda want someone from my form to take on for the team and get it so we all get two weeks off. (And if my teachers are reading this to which I doubt they will be, For legal reasons this is a joke lol)

Anyhoo I'm gonna try post every week and if I mange you do two chapters within that week then I guess you get two chapters lol. This is only the reason because you know school and what not.

Also loving my new ios14 Home Screen lol I love how I was saying before I would never update my phone to it and now I'm loving it🥰

Anyways that's all for my daily dosage of tea with me Kk byeeeee

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

250K 7K 59
「𝗪𝗛𝗢 𝗪𝗘 𝗔𝗥𝗘」❝ It's who we are, deal with it ❞ ▪︎ Synopsis ▪︎ Marnie and Anthony Gomez were Southside Serpents with their parents, but since t...
16.5K 265 38
[COMPLETE & SEASON 2 OUT!] Of course this sounds like the classic tale of a stripper and a rich billionaire, however nothing is always as it seems...
104K 2.9K 32
Betty is left broken-hearted after her boyfriend humiliated her in front of the entire audience during the last football game of the year, as Betty r...
42.5K 1.1K 54
Savanna feels like there's nothing that can surprise her anymore after living in Riverdale. The town with pep certainly still has a few tricks up its...