Love or Game (Complete✅)

By Suk-24

#7 in revenge (12/10/2020) I am Nandini. Nandini Murthy. In 22, I am a renowned interior designer. I have my... More

Copyright©
Declaration
Chapter 1- "First impression..."
Chapter 2- "Two lives..many secrets..."
Chapter 3- "The kiss quotient..."
Chapter 4 - "The vow..."
Chapter 5- "Untamed heart..."
Chapter 6 - "The thing called love..."
Chapter 7- "Mind, heart and secrets..."
Chapter 8 - "The magical words..."
Chapter 9 - "Demons of past..."
Chapter 10 - "The perfect storm..."
Chapter 11 - "Into the wild..."
Chapter 12- "Tom and Jerry.."
Chapter 13 - "Pursuit of happiness..."
Chapter 14 - "Meeting the would-be..."
Chapter 15 - "Impression and suspicion..."
Chapter 16 - "The rupture..."
Important
❤Upcoming Books❤
Chapter 18- "Love-hate game..."
Chapter - 19 "I don't wanna make love to you..."
Chapter 20 - "The damnation..."
Chapter 21 - "Back to the track..."
Chapter 22 - "Final curtain..."
Chapter 23- "Nandini promise..."
Chapter 24 - "Burn the happiness..."
Chapter 25 - "The mysterious letter..."
👉Announcement👈
Chapter 26- " Satiric destiny..."
Chapter 27 - "Unhealed wound..."
🤗❤New story alert❤🤗
Chapter 28 -"Last piece of the puzzle..."
👉Story promotion👈
Chapter 29 - "The divergence..."
📚Launch of new book📚
Chapter 30 - "The moonlight tryst..."
👉Note👈
Chapter 31 - "The unsaid goodbye..."
🤗New story🤗
Chapter 32 - "Forget me not..."
😞Highly Disappointed😞
😁Wait is over😁
Chapter 33 - "Prisoners of past..."
🎭Wait is over🎭
Chapter 34 - "Their worlds..."
Chapter - 35 "Catch-22"
Chapter 36 - "God's intention..."
Chapter 37 - "New city..new brush..."
Chapter 38 - "Captain America..."
Chapter 39 - "U-turn..."
Chapter 40 - "The parched heart..."
Chapter 41 - "A new dawn..."
Chapter 42 - "Signs of past..."
Chapter 43 - "Inside out..."
📕Newly published book📕
Chapter 44 - "Blood bond..."
Chapter 45 - "It sets in my heart..."
🤗Wait is over🤗
Chapter 46 - "The turmoil...inside out..."
Chapter 47 - "She is in danger..."
Chapter 48 - "Shining armour..."
Chapter 49- "Sincerity of love..."
Chapter 50 - "The third angle..."
Chapter 51 - "Proof of love..."
Chapter 52 - "Dispute with destiny..."
📢Shoutout📢
Chapter 53- "An invitation..."
Chapter 54- "Broken love..."
Chapter 55 - "Before it's too late..."
😉Offer😉
Chapter 56 - "New confidant..."
Chapter 57- "Homecoming..."
Chater 58- "Painful adiós..."
Chapter 59- "Reunion..."
Epilogue- "Love, sacrifice and destination..."
🙏Reader's sweet review🙏

Chapter- 17 "The bitter love..."

1.5K 171 50
By Suk-24

"Today my bandage will be removed. Finally, I will be free from this boring bondage. I glance at the clock. Last night I had slept before Manik messaged me. So in the early morning, I disturbed him with my wake up call. After my persistent 5-6 calls, he cared to attend it. However, his tone was not as excited as I expected. Neither he asked about Bhai's response about him nor did he become eager to come with me to the doctor clinic. Although it was previously decided that the day my bandage will be removed he will be there with me. Somehow it hurts. Perhaps he forgot. My mind tries to pacify me. I sigh and get up to get ready. Within half an hour I have to visit the clinic. Bhai wanted to accompany me but I know he has a very important meeting today. So I literally forced him to go to the office. I can manage. Yes, you can manage. My inner Goddess supports me. We both feel a bit neglected. Does love make us weak and tender? My train of thoughts breaks with a honking sound. I told Kapil, my driver, to take out the car. He must be waiting. I open the cupboard and take out a simple top and palazzo and carefully but hurriedly change."

After 10 minutes I come out of my mansion and get into the car.

"Dr Khaitan's clinic."

I sternly command and turn my face to look out the car window. The sky is gloomy. Probably it will rain. The clinic is not very far from our mansion. So the car reaches within 15-20 minutes. I get down slowly and gaze forward. The sight in front of mine brings an immediate ecstatic smile on my lips. Manik is shuttling in the parking zone of the clinic.

"Monster! When he remembered the day and decided to come then what was the need of annoying me with his bogus indifference? All the time he wants to tease me. I pout in my mind and saunter at him."

Until now, Manik was oblivious of my presence. However, the distinct sound of my swishing cloth reaches his ear and he turns to meet my eyes. We both are standing a ft apart.

"Oh...you came. Let's go inside. The clinic is not very crowded today."

Manik speaks in a hurry. I observe something new in his eyes. They are red and sleepy, indicating a long sleepless night. My brows automatically furrow.

"Are you okay?"

I ask in worry. Manik gives a nonchalant smile.

"Yeah, I am perfect....Now."

"Now, That means he was not previously? My sceptic inner Goddess raises the question."

But before I can ask something further, a nurse comes out and informs us that Dr Khaitan is waiting for me. We enter the waiting lounge.

........................................

"But how can I go with you? He will remove the bandage and will examine you. He might not allow me to sit over there."

Manik tries to convince me as I am too adamant to get him inside the Dr's cabin and want him to be there when I will be examined.

"So what? Families can accompany the patient."

I become rigid. Manik looks at me for a few minutes. A lopsided smile is plastered on his lips.

"Families? I am your family? Are you sure?"

His voice has something which sends an uncomfortable vibe to my mind. I open my mouth to reply when the nurse again calls my name.

"Nurse, can he go with me?"

I directly ask the nurse.

"Ummm..yeah, he can but during the dressing and all he will have to come out."

The nurse confirms professionally.

"Nandini, you go. I am here only. If you need you can anytime call me."

Manik sounds reluctant. My jaws harden. I nod and turn my face to hide the dejected emotion in my eyes.

"As you wish...I can take care of myself. My proud independent mind utters."

With a determined step, I set my foot into the cabin.

...................................................

I slouch on the bench in the waiting launch. My eyes are burning with deprived sleep. I recline to the back wall and closes my eyes. It's hard to behave normally after whatever happened last night. It's hard to behave friendly with that person whose brother is the ultimate reason for the misery of my sister.

"But I have to. I have to break that guy in the same way he broke my sister's trust. I have to give him the same pain he gave me. And for that, I have to kill my humanity and ethics to match up your family mentality. I don't know Nandini, whether you know all these or not and now I don't even care. You have the same blood which your Casanova brother and your evil Ajja have. And that is enough for me to punish you. Your brother played a game with my innocent sister on the name of love. Now, I will show you both how a love game should be played. I promise I will always do whatever I can to bring a painful smile on your face, Mr Cabir Murthy. You will repent destroying my sister's life because I will destroy your sister's life in a worse way."

My trance of thought gets punctuated by my phone's vibration. I open my eyes and take out the mobile. It's Mukti.

"Hmmm..."

I hum with a sigh.

"Manik I think Navya should stay with me for some days. Thankfully you called me last night and we shifted her to my place. Otherwise, we could have lost her. Last night she was so disturbed and panicked that she even scared of her own shadow. She is not at all willing to go back to her home. On the other hand, if she will be under my observation; I can figure out the reason for her anxiety."

She let out in one go.

"As you wish. After all, she is your patient. And more of that she feels comfortable with you. You can protect her more effectively than me. In any case, I am the worst brother who can't even take care of his sister. She is not safe in our house because I can't be with her all the time. No, I can't take this risk."

My voice rises a bit so the lady in the reception indicates the frame where it is written in bold 'Shhhhh'. With an exasperated face, I come out of the building. Mukti's worried voice vibrates on the mobile.

"Manik, this is not the time to blame yourself or self repentance. You can't supervise her all the time. Come on, you...."

I interrupt her in between.

"Mukti, listen to me very carefully. Keep Navya with you for a month. I...I will send the expenditure. But make sure that nobody...I mean nobody can know that Navya is staying with you. Promise me."

I say with a grave voice. My hand balls in tension.

"Stop the crap, Manik. You are saying about the expenditure for Navya? Just because she is staying with me. Disgusting."

Mukti sounds hurt. I immediately realise my mistake and simmer down my emotion.

"Sorry, if I hurt you. Actually, right now, I...I can't be able to think straight. She was so vulnerable last night..."

I abruptly choke. A few seconds of silence engulfs the telephonic line.

"Manik. Are you okay? Are you fearing anything which can harm Navya? Did you come to know something last night? Tell me, Man!"

She mouths in pique.

"Yes, I came to know everything and that's why Navya should stay away from me because you know that phrase right, 'If you seek revenge you should dig two graves.' And I don't want my sister to burn in this game of revenge. So..."

My voice is razor-sharp.

"But Manik..."

She tries to protest but I cut the call. Only then a familiar voice rings from my behind,

"What game of revenge are you talking about?"

I flip to see Nandini standing with a perplexed expression. For a moment the earth slips under my feet.

"Shit...I hope she didn't overhear our conversation. I have to mend the damage"

My mind rapidly calculates. With a pretentious smile I near her.

"Hey, you are done? Why didn't you call me? Actually, Mukti called me regarding Navu's treatment and she wants Navu to stay with her for a while as I can't take proper care of her. So she said that it's like revenge that I have to stay alone at my home just the same way Navya has to be alone all day until now. By the way, did the Dr remove your bandage? It's not paining anymore...right? "

I try to change the topic and it works. Nandini gains her smile again.

"Yes, at last, I am free of this bondage."

She says with ecstasy.

"Don't worry, I have a better idea of bondage. But before that, I have to teach you about BDSM."

I wink and she gapes.

"MANIK...."

She punches my stomach.

"Okay, okay...jokes apart but what about now? Did the Dr permit you to join the office?"

I casually ask though I don't want her to join so soon. It may spoil my plan.

"Ummm...not really. He told me to take rest for 2-3 days more. Most probably I will come to the office next Monday. I know it's being hectic for you and I completely understand how do you...."

She starts blabbering. I place my index finger on her lips to keep her mum.

"No formalities...I am happy with my work.. Let's go. After dropping you at your home, I will go straight to the office."

I say and pull her by the forearm.

"Manik...thank you for coming in my life. Thank you for bringing back my faith in love . Thank you for everything. I love you, Manik."

She abruptly utters meeting my orbs and I immediately break the eye contact. These eyes can make me weak; can make me forget my ultimate goal.

"Manik Malhotra, be aware of those love-drenched eyes."

My inner God alerts me.

Author's note: So here is the update. Hope you all liked it. Thank you so much for fulfilling my request. However, this does not end here. Keep supporting me with votes, comments and of curse follow and earn updates which will be worth reading. Love...❤❤❤

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

65.5K 3.4K 30
"I hate you...!" I gasped in a broken tone yet acting as strong. "You will hate me more, I promise I will make your everyday hell!" He warned in a na...
140K 15K 39
Can you forgive the one whom you love so much yet hate to death? Years back on the great musical show, she helped him with everything she had to mak...
520K 37.7K 23
Manik Malhotra, the name itself brings so many emotions in ones mind- love, passion, music and fear. He was a rock star and a businessman for the wor...
365K 26.6K 32
Mrs. Nandini Deshpande had a perfect life-a loving and caring husband and a family, who she wasn't directly related to, but who cared for her like th...