Can You Keep A Secret? (Compl...

By LJRwrites

Aria has been cordially invited to the wedding of the century . According to her mom . Her older sister is fi... More

Hi!!
i - wedding kerfuffle
ii - it's a match ...sort of
iii - a.c. wells
iv - brunch
v - the reveal
vi - just a slight adjustment
vii - dinner party for the wells
viii - reunion
ix - uncertainty
x - trip
xi - dinner
xii - show me around
xiii - what now?
xiv - pov's
xv - out in the countryside
xvi - impromptu
xvii - saturday
xviii - no distractions
xix - after
xx - apology
xxi - warren
xxii - in the light
xxiii - three brothers
xxiv - alex
xxv - the week
xxvi - unexpected visitor
xxvii - the one
xxviii - hard truths
xix - day one
xxx - day two
xxxi - bachelorette night
xxxii - always been
xxxiii - after the kiss
xxxiv - wedding day
xxxv - may i have this dance
xxxvi - i care for you
xxxvii - confession
xxxviii - embrace
xxxix - official date
xl - office
xli - normal
xliii - caught
xliv - something new
xlv - plans
xlvi - recovery
xlvii - under the stars
xlviii - welcome home
xlix - family
L - epilogue
*New Story*

xlii - psycho

8.1K 376 12
By LJRwrites

♡♡♡
●WARREN POV●

We watched them on the screen carefully . The doctor had finished the basic questions of confirming Brittany's identity . Before they continued, the psychologist started shuffling some paperwork around and then pulled a blank sheet out that he raised to his mouth while he yawned. Brittany just blinked at him as he apologized .

"Even you seem bored by all of this.... dr...." she said in a very seductive tone.

"Dr. Frederik," he said , "I'm not bored at all, I've only been here since early morning so I haven't gotten my second cup of coffee yet."

She just nodded and relaxed back on her seat .

"Would you consider yourself a team player?" He begins his line of questioning.

"If I have to be . I prefer to work alone," she said.

"What kind of music do you like?" He continued .

"Why? Will you take me to a concert? I like rock music," she answered.

"What are your hobbies?" He shoots off another question.

"Uh," she stumbles for a moment , "the internet."

I'm sure this all has something to do with the checklist of things they look for . I'm not exactly in the know but I trust Dr. Frederik , he knows what he's looking for and he's adjusted this question to suit this setting .

"If you had a deadline for a project coming up and you were only halfway done, what would you do?" He asks.

"Anything I need to in order to get to my goals," Brittany says. It was almost a bit chilling in which tone she used .

"Let's say you watched someone commit a crime from across the building . And the perpetrator makes eye contact with you and begins to move his finger down and up. What do you think he's doing?" He asks. That's a great question , my thought is that the guy is telling you to stay quiet .

"He's counting how many floors to get to you," she says quickly which surprised both myself and Alex as we casted concerning glances at her.

"And why would you think that?" He asks.

"Leave no room for error ," she just casually answers.

"Let's say you were at a work function and you met someone you were completely taken by, felt they were just insanely attractive but didn't get their name or information . They arrived with a coworker and they left together, you find out that is the spouse of the coworker, what do you do?" That's easy, back off , I think it myself.

She sat there staring off somewhere allowing the wheels in her brain to work, "I'd befriend the coworker," she said not even looking at the Dr but ahead of him with a strange gleam in her eye.

"Why?" The Dr. asked.

"Get closer to the spouse . Killing someone is too messy, I'd rather just let the coworker catch us and make them go away," she says lost in a memory . One that she already made happen between Dylan and Aria. She even smiled,  which told me we are definitely dealing with someone who was abnormal.

"Do you have a hero?" He asks her .

Brittany begins to laugh, "heroes don't exist . We are the only ones fo save ourselves . So if I needed to name a hero, I'd say I am my own."

We noticed that the Dr. had requested for a time release of fragrance to be filtered into the room.  I'm not sure why , but you can see someone on the other side with a machine and a tube slowly feeding something inside . I'm sure he'll cover what that was about with us as soon as we get some time alone.

"Are we almost done here?" She asked with some irritation in her tone . Dr. Fredrik just looked at her and continued with his questioning.

"What are your goals in life?" He asks.

"Be the best and stay on top."

"If we asked your friends to name three qualities about you , what would they say?" he asked next .

"Friends are a waste of time and they drag you down . I like being alone . I excel under pressure , I'm determined and I won't stop until I get what I want," she didn't even care how egocentric she sounded or the fact that she's coming off like an antisocial.

Last question , "what is love?"

This question was the hard hitter because she couldn't understand it. Couldn't even fake an answer, "I don't understand what you're asking."

"Describe to me what love is. You can either describe the feeling or give me an example," he explains giving her a little bit more of a prompt.

She sat there a bit stumped and then she came up with , "Love is a weakness.  It blinds you and makes you do things that leaves you vulnerable. It is an emotion I've never desired to experience but I know others desire from me ."

"This concludes this portion of your training. Please wait here," he got up and left the room. We had several different hidden cameras throughout the room . She couldn't go on for more than two minutes before she started exhibiting extreme boredom .

We went outside to meet with Dr. Frederik and he asked to go into our office privately. I motioned for him to have a seat in the single chair while Alex and I took residence on the couch. "So what do you have for us doc?"

"If this was an evaluation for the company , I would say to release her immediately. She will make a terrible secretary and assistant . She hit every mark on the psychopathy scale, even certain cues were marked. When she talked she hardly blinked , she did not yawn and did not notice a change of aroma in the room . The last question is my measuring stick to see if they understand the emotion of love. Psychopaths don't understand emotions and see it as an inferior trait. Fellows, if she was the CEO of a company she might be very successful but as a subordinate, I would tread carefully," he gives us his professional opinion .

Alex stands up first with his hand stretched out , "thank you so much for your insight . She signed the form for release?"

The doctor nods and hands us the forms , "here are copies of my notes. You guys got all the footage you needed?"

"Yes, please send us your bill ," I say as I shake his hand as well.

"This is a very interesting case . Out of all the clients I have ever interviewed she is the one that scored the highest. I'd be very careful with her," he warns , "I hope I don't have to come back for another assessment ," he says before he turns to leave.

I look at Alex and ask him , "phase 3?"

"I really don't want to because she makes me nauseous but okay," he says hesitantly.  We asked Hannah to bring Brittany back up for a trial period to see how she handles the desk. If we're right , she may try to make moves today but we don't want her in this building for more than two or three days .

"She tried to get me alone earlier," Alex tells me .

"Then she's already doing what we need her to do . You call me over if you need any assistance," I pat his back and he begins to walk towards his office.

He winces at first and then straightens up and into character as he sees her approaching 'her desk's.

♡♡♡
●ALEX POV●

I had to remind myself why I was doing this . Sure , Aria didn't choose me but I wouldn't want this kind of torture on anyone else. To answer the last question thr doctor asked , what is love? It's being selfless . To go out of your own way to make sure the person or people you love won't endure pain or hardship . To endure it for them . I love my brother , Warren is still my best friend . And I love Aria, they both mean the world to me .

For them , I would do this . Because what is love without a little sacrifice? Besides, they've been looking for this girl for awhile now. I might as well hand her over to the authorities on a silver platter with evidence that she had been stalking Aria. 

"I've survived," she says to me with outstretched arms as if she was Houdini , turning on the charm .

"For now, we will watch how you manage the desk . Watch your performance," I say to her.

"Oh, you can watch me perform all you like . In fact I can give you a private show," she says purring to me , completely forgetting how I had already shut her down earlier.

"I'd rather not. Besides you only have a few hours before you clock out and I really would like to get out early enough," I say.

"What? You got a hot date with Aria?" She scoffs .

"That's actually none of your business. You're here to work," I remind her.

She makes a sound and then says , "you'll crack the way Dylan did. And I always get my way."

I walked into my office and slammed the door , cringing at those words . She definitely thinks so highly of herself. The next few hours proved that she really wasn't cut out for this work. She hardly was at her desk. In fact she was walking around the floor , going to the breakroom and at one point tried to go to Warren's office . But she was stopped at the door by his temporary secretary and turned away.

When she finally gave up, she came back to her desk . She was on her computer for a very long time and it looked as if she was staring at a map . It looked like it from my point of view. Between the computer screen and her phone she managed to stay in one spot . When 5 hit , I stood up and left my office before she can try to come in.

"You can clock out . We will review your day , if we conclude that this is not a good fit we will write you a check for the hours you were here," I say to her almost robotically.

"Hey, if it doesn't work out for me, maybe you can compensate me some other way?" She beats her eyes . Ugh.

"Miss Hickson, may I remind you that you had just taken a sexual harrassment course? This is highly inappropriate," I say to her with disgust.

"Oh come on, you can't tell me that Aria does it for you?" She challenges.

I couldn't help but laugh, "oh she does and she does it for a lot of other men around her as well. I have to fight them off sometimes," I tell her and she had anger flash on her face .

"Did you use the same tactless moves on your previous boss?" I am completely offended by her .

"What? With Dylan? No. I had to work my way to that desk . Honestly, he avoided me until...." she pauses and then shakes her head.

"Until what?" I need to have this on record.

She giggled , "I told him a little lie to scare him ."

"Just so you know , lies and threats don't fly with me," I warn her.

"Oh where's the fun in that? Besides it's not really you I'm after."

I afraid she may have discovered that Aria is really with Warren, "no?"

"I just want a reunion between Aria and I.  That's all," she says as if it were that simple.

"Why? You obviously don't like her," I throw out.

"Who said that? I just needed to get rid of Dylan just like how I'll get rid of you," she says with a large smile before bouncing away.

Warren opened his door when Brittany left and I was completely gobsmacked by her openness to tell me her plans. He walked over to me , "We got all of that . But Alex, she pulled up the map to your apartment. She might go over there now," he says.

"Did you already call?" Before I finish asking, he nodded.

"Everyone is on their way. The PI is following her and will give the authorities the greenlight and location when everything is set . We have everything else here."

"Aria?" I asked.

"She knows, we have guards with her to escort her to us. This nightmare is almost over," he says in relief.

Yes it is .

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.7M 78.1K 51
[ Previously named---> 'Destined Together' ] "Stop pretending. Boyfriend, right? With whom you'll be hanging out once Eth and your Dad are gone." I s...
48.7K 1K 37
I would bet none of you have ever had that dream summer that all of us want.... that summer where you meet a boy on the beach and go surfing even tho...
2.3M 40.9K 61
Football players are assholes. I know; I'm related to their king. My older, and annoyingly overprotective, brother Jake is the star quarterback at Sa...
31.9K 1K 35
"Are you stalking me?" His deep voice asked. "You wish, that would mean I actually thought about you enough to wonder where you are." I looked away...