Beginnings ➣ Monroe [1]

By -jxsperhxle

❝ one of the most beautiful things in life is a new beginning. ❞ [ GRIMM SEASON ONE : BOOK ONE ] [ I ONLY OWN... More

EXT. SUMMARY
01 | PILOT PT. 1
02 | PILOT PT. 2
03 | PILOT PT. 3
04 | BEARS WILL BE BEARS PT. 1
05 | BEARS WILL BE BEARS PT. 2
06 | BEARS WILL BE BEARS PT. 3
07 | BEEWARE PT. 1
08 | BEEWARE PT. 2
09 | BEEWARE PT. 3
10 | LONELYHEARTS PT. 1
11 | LONELYHEARTS PT. 2
12 | LONELYHEARTS PT. 3
13 | DANSE MACABRE PT. 1
14 | DANSE MACABRE PT. 2
15 | DANSE MACABRE PT. 3
16 | THE THREE BAD WOLVES PT. 1
17 | THE THREE BAD WOLVES PT. 2
18 | THE THREE BAD WOLVES PT. 3
19 | LET DOWN YOUR HAIR PT. 1
20 | LET YOUR HAIR DOWN PT. 2
21 | LET YOUR HAIR DOWN PT. 3
22 | GAME OGRE PT. 1
23 | GAME OGRE PT. 2
24 | GAME OGRE PT. 3
25 | OF MOUSE AND MAN PT. 1
26 | OF MOUSE AND MAN PT. 2
27 | OF MOUSE AND MAN PT. 3
28 | ORGAN GRINDER PT. 1
30 | ORGAN GRINDER PT 3
31 | TARANTELLA PT. 1
32 | TARANTELLA PT. 2
33 | TARANTELLA PT. 3
34 | LAST GRIMM STANDING PT. 1
35 | THE LAST GRIMM STANDING PT. 2
36 | THE LAST GRIMM STANDING PT. 3
37 | THREE COINS IN A FUCHSBAU PT. 1
38 | THREE COINS IN A FUCHSBAU PT. 2
39 | THREE COINS IN A FUCHSBAU PT. 3
40 | PLUMED SERPENT PT. 1
41 | PLUMED SERPENT PT. 2
42 | PLUMED SERPENT PT. 3
43 | ISLAND OF DREAMS PT. 1
44 | ISLAND OF DREAMS PT. 2
45 | ISLAND OF DREAMS PT. 3

29 | ORGAN GRINDER PT. 2

1.9K 80 7
By -jxsperhxle

✯               ✯               ✯

Isabelle, Nick, and Hank walk down the street and scan the square before finding the person they were looking for.

"Nice necklaces." Nick comments looking over the necklaces that were laid out. "How much?"

"I'm not selling them. They're donation only." Gracie shakes her head. "You can give me whatever you want and take whatever you want."

"Okay, so you know we're police." Nick says. "Look, we're not looking for a business license or anything here."

"We just need a little help. Is you name Gracie?" Hank asks and Gracie nods in response.

"This is Steven Bamford." Isabelle pauses as she shows her a picture. "Do you know him?"

"I'm sorry to tell you this, but we found Steven's body." Nick interjects when Gracie doesn't answer her.

"Steven's dead?" Gracie inquires and puts a hand over mouth as she begins to cry. "Oh my god. I can't believe this. Are you sure?"

"Yes. I'm sorry." Isabelle frowns.

"What are you doing?" A boy around Gracie's age questions rushing towards them.

"Slow down. We're just asking some questions." Hank reassures him.

"Why? Who are you?" The boy asks harshly before wrapping his arm around Gracie. "Look, she didn't do anything — alright?"

"That's not the question I asked." Hank retorts.

"And you are.." Isabelle trails off looking at the boy.

"My brother. Hanson." Gracie introduces before turning to her brother. "Steven's dead. They just told me."

"What?" Hanson breathes in shock.

"How did he die?" Gracie inquires as tears fall from her eyes.

"He drowned." Nick answers.

"Have any idea how he got into the river above Triple Falls?" Hank questions.

"No." Hanson states firmly.

"Last thing we knew he got a job." Gracie adds.

"A job?" Isabelle asks.

"He was doing, like, ranch work. They were picking him up or something." Hanson informs them.

"When was that?" Nick inquires.

"Four, five weeks ago." Gracie responds.

"Do you know where they picked him up or who picked him up?" Nick questions.

"No." Hanson states.

"Well, do you remember what happened the last time that you guys saw him? Did anything weird happen?" Isabelle asks.

"After we took him to the clinic." Gracie realizes as she looks up at her brother.

"The free clinic on 15th?" Hank inquires.

"Yeah." Hanson confirms.

"Was he involved in any groups or gangs?" Hank questions.

"No. Not him." Hanson scoffs.

"Being around more than three people made him uncomfortable." Gracie remarks.

"Well, thank you." Nick replies and pauses before reaching down, grabbing a necklace, and tossing some money in the basket on Gracie's towel. "You know what — my girlfriend is going to love this.

"Softie." Hank mutters.

"And not just personality wise." Isabelle teases before high fiving with Hank. "And Team Hankbelle wins again."

✯               ✯               ✯

"Hi." Nick greets showing his badge to the front desk clerk as him, Isabelle, and Hank enter the clinic. "Who gets to talk to the police?"

"That would be our office manager, Tom Daniels. Let me see if he's available." The clerk responds before picking up her phone. "Tom, three police officers are here to talk to you. Uh-huh. Okay. He's thrilled. Through the door. I'll let you in."

"Thank you." Isabelle smiles as they walk through the door and as they head towards the back a man in the middle of eating a sandwich walks up to them. "Are you Tom, the office manager?"

"Yes, that I am." Tom confirms. "Oh, sorry. You've got to eat when you can around here."

"No worries, sir. We understand." Isabelle assures him.

"So what's up?" Tom asks.

"I'm Detective Griffin and this is Detective Burkhardt and Detective Kessler." Hank introduces. "We'd like to ask you a couple of questions about a patient you treated here."

"Absolutely." Tom nods.

"His name was, uh, Steven Bamford." Nick adds handing Tom a picture of the victim.

"Hm, he looks familiar." Tom muses before handing back the photo.

"So he's definitely come here before, then?" Isabelle inquires.

"Well, if he's on the streets I'm sure he was treated here at some point. I can check the records." Tom suggests.

"Perfect — after you." Isabelle grins and they all follow Tom to his desk.

"Yeah." Tom clears his throat as he pulls up the information on his computer. "Looks like we treated him about five weeks ago on the seventeenth for a spider bite. What did he do?"

"He got killed." Nick replies.

"Oh. That's, um, not good." Tom comments. "I'm sorry. Uh.. can I ask what happened?"

"We're still in the middle of the investigation." Hank informs him. "Who treated him when he came in?"

"Uh, that would be.. Doctor Levine. She's the head of the clinic." Tom answers.

"We're going to need to talk to her." Isabelle states.

"Well, she's seeing a patient right now." Tom tells them.

"This won't take long." Hank reassures him. "We need to establish his medical condition when he came in for his treatment."

"No, sure. I understand. I'll print off the file for her." Tom says, quickly printing out the file before taking the detectives to see Doctor Levine. "Sorry to bother you, Doctor Levine. These detectives have some questions about a patient you treated. I'm going to go finish my lunch."

"How can I help?" Doctor Levine asks.

"We found Steven Bamford's body." Nick explains handing her a picture of the victim.

"Oh, what a shame." Doctor Levine frowns. "Please don't tell me he O.D'd."

"No. He drowned, actually." Hank admits.

"Is there anything you can tell us about him? Did he have any medical conditions?" Isabelle questions.

"Well, I don't get to spend much time with my patients." Doctor Levine shrugs giving the photo back to Nick before opening Steven's file. "Looks like I treated him for a spider bite. It says here I did a cursory exam. He seemed to be pretty healthy for someone who was living on the streets. I gave him some antibiotics and told him to check back. He never did."

"Did he say anything about being offered a job?" Hank inquires.

"Not to me." Doctor Levine shakes her head. "I'm really sorry. I wish I could tell you more.

"Doctor Levine." A woman calls walking up to the door.

"I have a lot of patients." Doctor Levine presses.

"Of course. We'll let you get back to it." Isabelle assures her. "Thank you for your time."

"Who offers a street kid a job, picks him up, and takes him away?" Nick asks as they walk out.

"Creepy dudes." Isabelle retorts.

"Or migrant labor." Hank interjects.

"Cash under the table." Nick realizes when his phone rings. "Burkhart. Motor vehicle accident? Why do you need us?"

✯               ✯               ✯

"Woah." Isabelle breathes as they arrive on the scene. "This is a mess."

"Looks like a human heart." Hank comments pointing to the cooler.

"Along with other things." Isabelle mutters. "It's like a diagram to the inside of a human."

"This is not a medical vehicle." Hank points out.

"Then what's it doing transporting human organs and blood?" Nick questions.

"I don't know but it's not good." Isabelle frowns.

Isabelle and Nick turn to the emergency team as they pull the driver out of the vehicle, who changes into a goblin looking creature for a couple seconds before returning back to normal.

"We're not going to get much out of him." Hank sighs. "But we need his phone."

✯               ✯               ✯

"Guys, I got something." Isabelle blurts as an alert message appears on her computer. "The driver is Andrew Probasco, born in 1932, and he.. wait. This can't be right."

"What is it?" Hank questions.

"It says he died in 2005." Isabelle tells them.

"So he died again today?" Nick inquires.

"According to this." Isabelle nods.

"Fake license?" Nick guesses.

"Probably." Isabelle shrugs. "And it also says here that he was an organ donor."

"Ironic." Hank comments.

"Well life is full of it." Isabelle replies as Nick stifles a soft laugh

"What about, uh, plates?" Nick asks.

"Yeah, that's a no go. It's stolen from a Smart Car in Tillamook." Isabelle informs them.

"Well I have got expired lottery tickets, a get one free pizza at Gianni's if only he ate six more, and a credit card in the name of Hallie Calder." Nick states as he goes through of what was left inside of the driver's vehicle.

"He didn't look like a Hallie to me." Hank interjects.

"Well you didn't look like a Hank when I first met you but as someone pointed out to me people aren't always what they seem to be." Isabelle counters as she gives him a knowing look, but Hank just rolls his eyes.

"What about fingerprints?" Nick questions.

"Take a look." Isabelle pauses and turns her computer screen so both Nick and Hank could see. "His prints match half a dozen crimes all over the state, but no I.D. He was an unknown — never been caught."

"Until now." Hank remarks.

"So we got nothing." Nick grimaces.

"Are we depressed?" Wu inquires walking up to them.

"Of course not. Didn't just see us riding down the hall on our unicorns?" Isabelle scoffs in a sarcastic tone. "Why? Do you have good news for us?"

"Yes and no." Wu answers pulling out a plastic evidence with the driver's phone inside of it.

"What do you mean by yes and no?" Isabelle asks confused.

"I have good news and bad news." Wu clarifies.

"Can you just give us the good?" Hank questions.

"No." Wu shakes his head. "Obviously a burner, but we were still able to pull the SEN off the SIM card. Of course, the service provider will need a warrant before they release records — and that would be up to you."

"That's all you got?" Nick inquires as Wu starts to walk away.

"That's all I got." Wu confirms and heads down the hall.

"We've got a bunch of blood being illegally transported and a dead kid missing seven pints." Hank points out.

"So maybe the two are linked." Isabelle muses.

"When we get the DNA results back from the samples taken at the accident let's see if we can get a match to Steven." Hank suggests.

"Sounds like a plan to me." Isabelle agrees.

"You know, I've been at this job a while. But it seems like this town is just getting weirder." Hank admits.

"Well you would know about that." Isabelle retorts and grabs her jacket as she stands up.

"Where are you going?" Nick asks.

"I have to go. I have a.. woman thing." Isabelle responds.

"Oh. Okay." Nick says.

"Good luck." Isabelle smiles before walking out, pausing by the precinct windows in the lobby. "And wish me luck."

✯               ✯               ✯

A/N : I know. Not a lot happened this chapter. This was kind of just a filler chapter. But get ready — because the next chapter is going to have some action that I am VERY EXCITED about!! Stay tuned everyone!! Xoxo, Ashley 💖

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

54.1K 1.3K 26
𝐂𝐡𝐥𝐨𝐞 𝐄𝐦𝐦𝐚 𝐅𝐫𝐚𝐲 𝐚𝐥𝐰𝐚𝐲𝐬 𝐟𝐞𝐥𝐭 𝐮𝐧𝐥𝐨𝐯𝐞𝐝 𝐛𝐲 𝐡𝐞𝐫 𝐦𝐨𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐫 𝐉𝐨𝐜𝐞𝐥𝐲𝐧 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐡𝐞𝐫 𝐲𝐨𝐮𝐧𝐠𝐞𝐫 𝐬𝐢𝐬𝐭𝐞𝐫 �...
28.2K 934 24
A continuation of my first book :) I don't own RE but I own (y/n) in the storyyy...
85.3K 2K 14
❛ i'm gonna buy this place and start a fire, stand here until i fill all your heart's desires. ❜ [isabelle lightwood x female oc] [shadowhunters] [se...
1.7K 62 11
Years after Nick Burkhardt changed the ways between Grimm's and Wesen, a new generation has arisen. In the town of Tang Valley, Nina Wendel is the ne...