An August Wedding

By SkyPhoenix13125

Your parents wanted a son to take over the family business. His parents wanted their son to gain some busines... More

Author's Note
Ch. 1 - The Ceremony
Ch. 2 - The Honeymoon
Ch. 3 - Family Discussions
Ch. 4 - Good Friends
Ch. 5 - Wedding Gift
Ch. 6 - The New Hires
Ch. 7 - Clashing Heads
Ch. 8 - Hard Work
Ch. 9 - Lunch Dates
Ch. 10 - New Ideas
Ch. 11 - Suspicions
Ch. 12 - First Fight
Ch. 13 - Plans
Ch. 14 - Shareholder's Meeting
Ch. 15 - Family Approval
Ch. 16 - Dinner Party
Ch. 17 - Inspiration
Ch. 18 - Assistance
Ch. 19 - Musical Stylings
Ch. 20 - A Modest Proposal
Ch. 21 - Side Steps
Ch. 22 - Double Date
Ch. 24 - Divides
Ch. 25 - Date Night
Ch. 26 - Visits
Ch. 27 - Making It Work
Ch. 28 - Moving Forward
Ch. 29 - Wake Up Call
Ch. 30 - Family Favors
Ch. 31 - Assessing
Ch. 32 - Reporting
Ch. 33 - Visitors
Ch. 34 - Bonds
Ch. 35 - Next Steps
Ch. 36 - Deals
Ch. 37 - Celebrations
Ch. 38 - Exploring
Ch. 39 - Launch Party
Ch. 40 - Guys' Night
Ch. 41 - Girls' Night
Ch. 42 - Opportunities
Ch. 43 - Turning Point
Ch. 44 - Decisions
Ch. 45 - Showcase
Ch. 46 - Changes
Ch. 47 - Back to Work
Ch. 48 - Another Wedding
Ch. 49 - Different Directions
Ch. 50 - Favors and Secrets
Ch. 51 - Rides
Ch. 52 - Guidance
Ch. 53 - Confessions
Ch. 54 - News
Ch. 55 - Bad Timing
Ch. 56 - Flipping the Script
Ch. 57 - King or Boss
Ch. 58 - Deciding Factors
Ch. 59 - Crunch Time
Ch. 60 - Negotiations
Ch. 61 - Offers
Ch. 62 - Prep Work
Ch. 63 - Potential
Ch. 64 - Results
Ch. 65 - Free
Ch. 66 - Epilogue
Extras

Ch. 23 - Charity Ball

138 8 1
By SkyPhoenix13125

You hadn't been sure what to expect from the Mins' charity ball. It was more of an auction to raise money for their cause but Mrs. Min apparently wanted to call it a ball anyway.

"It seems more dramatic," was Yoongi's explanation.

And dramatic was definitely the right word.

The two of you entered at the top of a grand staircase, which led into a large ballroom full of cloth-covered tables and about a hundred people milling about in suits and flowing dresses. There were seven large chandeliers strung on the ceiling, lights draping in between each of them. To one side of the room, you could make out a string quartet playing soft mood music. At least, you assumed so. It was hard to hear over the noise of so many people walking and talking to one another.

Before you could look at anything else, Yoongi was starting down the staircase.

Once you got to the base of the stairs, he offered you his arm. You cautiously took it.

"Relax. We're supposed to be having fun tonight," he said softly. "You look lovely, by the way."

You glanced side long at him. It wasn't that you didn't believe him...

It was true that Ailee had helped you pick out the long, cold-shoulder black dress and had given you some tips on how to do your hair and makeup with it. You did look like someone worthy to be married to a Min in your opinion.

But for the past week after meeting with Jin and Ailee, he had been nicer to you.

At least, when you saw him. He still spent a lot of time in his studio when you got home. He had toned it down somewhat and he was still feeding and taking care of himself when he emerged.

You weren't sure what had sparked the sudden attitude change. And although you were grateful for it, you were a little suspicious of it.

Before you could linger too much on it, you had come face to face with his parents.

"Don't you look pretty tonight," Mrs. Min said. You smiled and thanked her, knowing full well the wine glass in her hand was probably bringing those words bubbling to the surface.

"The event is going swimmingly," Yoongi's father offered by way of conversation. "I think it might be our best one yet."

After a few more minutes of dry topics, Yoongi pulled you away to talk to some other people. It wasn't long before you were stopped by several of the Mins' associates.

They all wanted to know you. See what made you worthy of the only son to their fortune. Were you as wealthy as them? Did you have your head on straight? What were you working towards yourself?

You explained your position several times. Talked about how grateful you were to the Mins for welcoming you into their lives. Toned down your involvement in the company when necessary. And all with a charming smile on your face.

By the time you'd made it halfway through the room, you had talked to nearly two dozen people about all these topics. 

"You're doing really well," Yoongi commented. "Making them like you." 

You chuckled. "It's the same as customer service. Tell them what they want to hear. Assure them that they're right and make them believe you'll meet their expectations."

"Guess I never realized."

And it was true. Yoongi had never thought much about what you actually did. How you got so good to climb the ladder and get to your current position. 

You felt a tap on your shoulder and you plastered the smile back on again. But when you saw who it was, your smile widened.

"Jungkook!"

"Enjoying the ball?"

You nodded. "I thought it would be a lot stuffier."

"Not this time. Everyone's been talking about meeting Yoongi's new wife. It'll get boring again before you know it."

Yoongi squeezed your hand to get your attention. "One of my father's friends is waving me over. I'll be right back, okay?"

"Oh, okay."

Jungkook watched him go with a small smile. You turned back to him, taking a flute of champagne a server walking around.

"Jungkook?" you said. "Are you okay?"

"Yeah, fine. Just...looking."

"At that girl over there?"

It was fairly obvious that Jungkook had been staring at a pretty girl in a loose semi-circle of people. She was wearing a navy blue dress and had a silver hair clip holding half of her dark curls back from her face.

Jungkook quickly tore his gaze from her to stare at you wide-eyed. "No! I mean...what makes you say that?"

You blinked in surprise. It was strange to think this was the same man who had come to your home and offered to help you at the drop of a hat. At just the mention of this girl, his ears were starting to turn red and he looked like a deer in the headlights.

"She's just pretty, that's all. Do you know her?"

He scratched the back of his neck. "Yeah. Her family owns a popular restaurant around this area. I've been there a few times myself. But she doesn't want to run it, she wants to be a dancer."

"A dancer?" you repeated, glancing back at the girl. She certainly looked fit enough to be one. You had only just had the thought when she suddenly glanced at you. You smiled softly at her.

She gave you a quick once over before turning back to her conversation. Jungkook's eyes widened.

"Oh, no. She's going to think we're talking about her."

"We were talking about her," you pointed out.

"But I can't let her think that!" he hissed. 

"Why not? Because then she'll figure out you have a crush on her?"

Jungkook glared at you. "Did Yoongi tell you?"

"He didn't need to. It's pretty obvious." You set your empty champagne flute on a tray as a server walked by.

"Where are you going?" 

You glanced at him. "Going to clear things up with her."

"Wait!" he hissed.

But it was already too late. You were making your way over with quick strides.

You tapped the girl on the shoulder. "Excuse me?"

"Yes?"

"Hi. Sorry for interrupting, I just wanted to tell you that I love your dress."

She smiled softly. "Oh, thank you. I'm Mina, I don't think we've met."

"(Y/N)." Her eyes flashed in recognition. 

"Oh! Is this your first time at something like this?"

You nodded. "Yes, that's why Jungkook was pointing out some of the people around the room for me. He tells me that your family owns a pretty successful restaurant."

"That's right. Although, if you want to hear about the restaurant, you should ask my parents. They're around here somewhere. I'm afraid I can't give you all the technical details."

"That's all right," you assured her. "I've heard enough pitches for investments and business plans to last a month." She laughed. "But maybe I could stop in sometime. Jungkook told me that the food was delicious."

She smiled again, her cheeks flushing pink at the praise. "Sure. That would be nice."

You heard someone call your name. 

"Great. I'll see you around, Mina."

"Nice to meet you!"

The dark-haired girl gave you one more smile before disappearing in the throng. Within the next minute, Yoongi's hand closed around your arm.

"We're leaving."

"Yoongi, what--is that blood?"

"Don't worry about it," he huffed. "But we need to get out of here."

*******Earlier*********

Yoongi squeezed your hand to get your attention. "One of my father's friends is waving me over. I'll be right back, okay?"

"Oh, okay."

Yoongi made his way over, pausing slightly as he got closer and saw who was included in the conversation. Mr. Hong was a stock broker and he and Mr. Min had a long-standing relationship. With him was Mrs. Chai, Mr. Wei, and...

"Jimin?" Yoongi said before he could stop himself.

"Oh, you two know each other. Very good," Mr. Hong commented. "I was just telling Mr. Park here all about your new business, Yoongi. He's been running a similar one for his father for quite some time. You might learn a thing or two from him. Unless you think you know everything already?"

He laughed heartily along with the other people nearby. Only Yoongi and Jimin were not amused.

Yoongi nodded quickly. "Of course not. I'll keep that in mind."

"See that you do, my boy. I'm sure your father is very proud. You'll be a businessman yet."

And just like that, the little group began to disperse. Yoongi met Jimin's gaze evenly. 

"I didn't know you would be here," he said after a few moments of silence.

"Oh. I guess the invitation we got wasn't from you, then." Jimin shrugged. "And I thought it was a polite way of saying "no hard feelings" or something. Must have come from your parents after all."

Yoongi's eyes narrowed. "No hard feelings?" he repeated.

"About your business." The shorter man swirled his glass of champagne. "But I suppose there really are no hard feelings on your end."

"If you've got something to say--"

"You don't deserve that business. You don't deserve (Y/N) either. But you managed to suddenly weasel your way into the family."

"What's it to you?" Yoongi spat. "You don't know anything about me."

"True. But I know the (L/N)'s. And I know that her father has been holding her back her whole life. Just like you are now."

Yoongi wasn't sure what happened. He felt his body temperature rise. He heard ringing in his ears. And before he could register what happened, his fist had connected with Jimin's face.

"Don't ever act like you know me, Park."

And before he could respond, Yoongi was already turning and weaving through the crowd. 

He needed to leave. Now.

It didn't take long to find you and he was quick to call out your name. When you didn't look up, he got closer and grabbed your arm to pull you with him. 

"We're leaving."

"Yoongi, what--is that blood?"

He glanced down at his fist to see that there was some blood present. It must be Jimin's.

All the more reason to leave.

"Don't worry about it," he huffed. "But we need to get out of here."

Within five minutes, you were safely inside Jin's car, the two of you sitting on opposite sides of the backseat. Yoongi spent the majority of that time on the phone with someone, angrily snapping at them about a decision being made.

Jin noticed the tense atmosphere and made no attempts at small talk on the ride home.

The minute you arrived, Yoongi glanced at you. "Come on. We need to talk."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

166K 6.4K 52
[Marriage series; Book 1] What happens when an 18 year old girl who is just starting her college life gets arranged with the handsome 25 year old bil...
290K 7.9K 20
I was in a arranged marriage with him.. I was in a arranged marriage with her.. I love him.. I hate her.. I care for him.. I ignore her.. ...
1.3K 152 22
Yoongi, the famous BTS member, didn't want to get married to her. He wanted to marry for love. Seoyun, a business woman, didn't want to get married...
3.8K 371 24
A story in which a man named Jeon Jungkook works hard and wants to replace his father and be the Ceo of their company. It's his first priority and mo...