Run with ME! (Haiji Kiyose X...

Door YukoZuo

A 3rd year Health Science's student who enrolled in Kansei University have living her normal life quite the s... Meer

Morning Jog
Chikusei-so
Track and Field Club
New Sparks
First Training
Her Past
Friends?
Future Job
Reality
Iwatobi
Honest Confession
My Story
Rank
Training Camp
A Little Bit Different
Another Chance
Ouji Conquered Time!
Pray
Win and Then...?
Answer
The Beginning
The Middle (Part 1)
The Middle (Part 2)
The Ending
After Story
The Match and The Deal
Nira's Story
Bonus (Part 1)
Bonus (Part 2)
Married Arc (Part 1)
Married Arc (Part 2)

Yaokatsu

354 17 0
Door YukoZuo

THIRD PERSON'S POV
After (Y/N) had gone, the two guys continued their jog though Ouji is a different case. Through his heavy breathing and improper form of walking, he managed to speak his words out.

"H-how can you g-guys joke around when I-I'm th-this tired...", Ouji said between heavy breaths. Haiji looked at him but didn't say anything. "(Y/N)-san's h-habit is to s-sleep right away when s-she have t-to... Y-yesterday too, sh-she must have u-used up all her e-energy...", Ouji continued, his face already drenched in sweat.

"Hmm...that is why you said to just let her sleep. I see you two are pretty close. Did she ever tell you about her life? For example, her old club or any sports?", Haiji tried to ask about (Y/N)'s life through Ouji, hoping to know more about her. Ouji glared with his tired eyes, making Haiji a bit surprised. He wondered if he had asked the wrong question.

"Though (Y/N)-san d-doesn't mind other people t-talk about her, I-I don't think you a-are qualified to k-know...", Ouji replied while catching his breaths. He almost tripped on his own feet too. Hearing Ouji's answers, Haiji starts to wonder for a moment. She doesn't mind people talking about her private life? Isn't that a bit odd, coming from a sharp person like her?

Then, his lips curled upward. "Then, I just have to show you that I'm qualified enough! When that time comes, you must answer my question Ouji", Haiji said confidently. Ouji only keeps on walking though he actually feels very irritated at Haiji's confidence. His only aim right now is to finish this long walk right down the hills.

Meanwhile...

At the faint voice of someone calling (Y/N)'s name, she snapped out of her thoughts. Searching for the source of the voice, her eyes met with a pair of round brown eyes that always sparkling brightly. All the guys that are resting at the sides all look up at the mention of the young woman's name.

"(Y/N)-nee!! This way!", the short brown-haired girl waved around from down the hill. Her cheerful voice charmed the resting boys but when they processed what the girl called (Y/N), they all looked at each other.

"(Y/N)-NEE?", they asked each other. Kakeru, who was standing there, also had the same question running through his mind. He was already confused enough when he saw (Y/N) here, joining their morning practice. Now, this girl that suddenly arrived after him claimed (Y/N) as a family member. Just what is going on here?

(Y/N)'S POV
Seeing the faces of the guys that filled with curiosity and the sight of her niece here made me sigh in exhaustion with all the events happening from last night until this morning. My life has become much more eventful recently. Walking down the hill carefully, I decided to greet my niece first.

"Good morning, (Y/N)-nee! You didn't come home last night and dad was worried. But, I'm glad to see you this morning. It's a coincidence, right? Hm, wait. Were you jogging just now? I didn't know you also do physical stuff like that... Ne (Y/N)-nee, did you know that I- ", Hana continued speaking nonstop that I had to place my finger on her lips before she could finish her never-ending train of words.

"First, good morning too Hana. Second, I'm sorry for last night but don't worry, I slept over at my friends' house. Third, it's actually normal for people to jog sometimes. Now, let me ask this time. What are you doing here?", I retreat my finger, allowing her to talk. She smiled happily to answer my question.

"Actually, Haiji-san asked me to stop by here!", she answered with a smile. I cocked my eyebrows in surprise.

"Huh? Haiji-san did?", I asked in disbelief.

"Yeah, hm? (Y/N)-nee know him? OHH! Don't tell me you're also part of the Track and Field Club?!", Hana clasped both her hands in mine with a face full of excitement. I jerked my head away from Hana who was practically leaning onto my face.

"W-wait a minute Hana, I just finished a 5 km of jogging and my brain is still trying to process the situation. Let me just-", I was cut off by the infamous voice of Haiji or Oni (given by Ouji-senpai).

"Hey, Hana-chan!", at his call, we turn to the owner of the voice. Haiji made his way down the hill towards us with Ouji walking limply behind. My gaze hardened at the sight of Haiji but when I saw Ouji faint right on the foot of the hill, a gasp escaped from my lips in worry. "(Y/N)-san, so you have met Hana-chan...", he trailed off when I walked past them two. Ignoring Haiji who starts talking with Hana, I dashed towards Ouji who was surrounded by two little white butterflies.

Running in panic towards the fainted Ouji, I can almost see his soul flying out as he fully lands on his front. Poking my finger on his scrawny figure, I call out to him.

"Ouji-senpai, don't leave me yet! I still have a lot to talk to you about the unfinished manga. Please hang in there!", I said desperately, trying to get some response from him. When Ouji staggered to lift his face, I immediately brought my ear near him.

"I-I want to go back and r-read manga...", he whispered then faint back on the ground. Clutching one hand on my shirt where my heart is positioned, I bit my lips dramatically. What a strong passion, Ouji-senpai!

"Psst, (Y/N)-san! Come here!", someone whisper-shouted my name. I turn around to see Shindou signal me to come over to join their circle. I close my eyes while praying silently for Ouji then make my way to their circle, sitting between Shindou and Jota.

"Musa said that she is the Yaokatsu girl. And we heard she called you (Y/N)-nee so... could it be you're her big sister?", Shindou asked with uncertainty. I cocked both my eyebrows as everyone stared at me. I could tell they must be trying to compare my looks with Hana. Sighing, I decided to tell them the thing they must have been thinking.

"No, it's obvious right? We are not even alike. Don't get the wrong idea, we just know each other...", I lean backwards, using both my palms as a support. They sweat drop, releasing an aura of relief.

"Th-that's right, haha...", Shindou laughed awkwardly while the other guys also had the same reaction.

"Then, are they dating?", King asked with a hint of surprise. I close my eyes at his question, facing the sky upwards. There's no way Hana is going out with Haiji-san. She would have boasted about it to me by now...

"I doubt it", Musa answered honestly.

"A JK's girl is a little too young", Joji commented.

"Sorry, let's get back to it", Haiji interrupted. I pull down my head to look at him. Seems he has done talking to Hana. Something fishy, I really need to ask Hana about this.

"Guys", Hana spoke, catching everyone's attention. "Practice hard!", she smiled sweetly with a sparkle visible around her.

"We will!", the guys around me replied energetically with their reddening cheeks. Sensing the bright aura they emitted when receiving Hana's short speech, my eyes narrowed down. Typical guys...

Before Hana walked away to her bicycle up the hill, I got up and called her. She turned her head to see me walking towards her.

"Hana, we're going to talk about this at home okay? I'll promise not to leave any detail", I said to her, making sure no one heard me. Hana nods in understanding then walks up the hill. "Careful on your way to school!", I waved goodbye to her with a smile. She waved back with a smile too before riding her bicycle to her school. I turn to the guys only to see them (except Haiji) still smiling with a speck of blush. Jota and Joji are still waving their hands even though Hana is already gone. Their reaction made me sweat drop. I guess Hana really is cute ahahah...

From the corner of my eyes, I see Kakeru already warmed up to jog back home. He was about to dash off when I stopped him.

"Kakeru-kun, I can call you that right?", I asked him. He stops and looks at me, slightly shocked but nods as a reply. "Good, mind if I talk to you along the way home? There's something bothering me, is it okay?", I asked with a reassuring smile.

"It's fine, I can spare some time", Kakeru answered. I nod in understanding.

"Haiji-san, I'll go first with Kakeru-kun. I might go straight home after this, so I'm going to say goodbye here. Everyone else too, bye bye!", I bid goodbye to them then jogged up the hill, Kakeru soon followed me from behind.

🍃

About 30 minutes of jogging, my breathing became quite heavy as I started to lose stamina. Matching up with Kakeru's pace is really difficult... Noticing my heavy breathing and decreasing speed, Kakeru who had been on the lead slowed down and moved beside me. I glance up to him and smirk.

"You're amazing Kakeru-kun! I can see why Haiji-san wants you in the team", I spoke. His expression tightened. "So, did you went ahead before everyone this morning?", I asked. Kakeru's shoulder stiffen for a slight moment. Taking his reaction as a yes, I chuckled a bit.

"Umm, (Y/N)-san. Why did you agree to join them today? Well, I kind of heard you arguing with Haiji-san yesterday...", he said, a bit hesitant.

"Honestly, I never expect him to drag me into this mess. You know, he said to me before that he's going to show me the top of Hakone. He said it in a super confident tone that it amused me. I seriously thought he was joking and decided to play along with it for a while. But, when he said he's going to show me new sparks, I got kind of excited and somehow... I don't mind this", a soft smile formed itself on my lips. Kakeru listens to my story as we jog. "But, he did tick me off sometimes. Haiji-san sure is something...", my tone became flat when I remembered the previous talk we had. The young man beside me didn't say a word as if he was still thinking what he was supposed to say.

The sky has become clearer as the sun is gradually climbing higher up the vast sky. Glancing up to the blue sky for a few seconds, I nudge Kakeru's arm. He looked at me, startled by the sudden act. "Let's race to Aotake. If you win, I'll tell you one secret of mine. But if I win, you're going to tell yours. Then, see you there!", I smirked then picked up my speed, leaving him no chance to reply. When he registered what I had said, he immediately sprinted off to catch up with me and win the sudden race.

Keeping my breaths at the right pace, I continue to push my legs faster whenever my feet reach the ground. My muscles retract and elevate continuously as my blood starts pumping faster to match with my increasing speed. Ten minutes has passed. Due to my surprise and unfair early start, I get to maintain my place as the leading racer. Kakeru will show up soon by now...

I was about to turn my head around to check on him when a strong gust of wind passed me or should I say, a high-speed figure of the ravenette young man that swiftly passed me in a blink of my eyes. My eyes widened in slow motion when Kakeru ran past me. The sensation of being surpassed by Kakeru triggered my memory of the past.

🍂

The roaring crowd of audiences cheering on the competitors. The siren that signals the beginning of the race. The smell of chlorine that filled the pool. The grip of my hand on the starting block, ready to jump any moment. And the moment when I dive into the chlorinated water, my arm would automatically cut through the water with my legs paddled in a swift movement, giving my body a continuous push to move forward along the lane. Taking breathes every second I needed from the air upside the clear water. Whenever my eyes catch a glimpse of other opponents catching up to my speed, my legs would increase their speed to force my body to swim faster. My blood that would naturally pumped in a fast rate became mixed with excited feelings whenever the water complied to my request. The water became my lover whenever a match began. They would allow me to swim as the lead of the race, as sweet as a lover would be. My face would contort in happiness after my hand made the first contact on the tiled wall. Swiping my head out of the water, my eyes would read the recorded time of each race. The feelings that I felt were indescribable. A mixture of happiness, surprise and gratitude. But, not everyone has the same feelings as mine even if we're from the same school. I could tell through their fake smiling faces.

Unsatisfied

Envious

Unacceptable

What's the point in winning when my own team doesn't seem to like it? Looking for any familiar faces of my beloved parents, none was there. Slowly, the sparks in my heart began fading away till none was left.

🍂

Suddenly, a sharp pain shot from my feet causing me to snap back to the current time. A hiss escaped my lips in response as I was about to stumble on the ground. Thank goodness, I get to grab a hold on the lamp post in front of me. I glance up ahead to check on my front view. Good thing I almost reached Aotake... Kakeru must have arrived already

"Tch, I forgot about my feet...", I clicked my tongue in annoyance as I tried to walk properly. My jaw clenched tightly, trying to hold the pain that started to burn. Using the grass wall of Aotake's residential area as a support, I drag my feet along the way to the entrance. As I was about to turn and enter the entrance, Kakeru suddenly walked out and his gaze met mine . I gasped in surprise and didn't get the chance to cover up my dragging feet. His eyes widen when he notices my dragging feet. Taking the clue, he immediately placed my right arm around his shoulder. Kakeru continued helping me walk into Aotake. Sliding the door open, he slowly helped me sit on the entrance way that was facing straight on the door.

"(Y/N)-san, why didn't you tell me or the others? The blisters are starting to bleed already", he scolded as I take off my shoes, checking on the blisters. I look up to see him glaring hard at me, clearly showing that he is angry at my irresponsibilites on myself.

"Ahaha...I kind of forgot about it from our race earlier... But, this kind of injury is small so you don't have to glare at me that hard Kakeru-kun", I laughed while sweat dropped, trying to cool him down. Kakeru sighs, then takes off his shoes. He crouched down beside me. I blink at his action. "Are you trying to say 'let me help you stand and wash off the injuries'?", I asked. His shoulder jumped a bit as he looked the opposite way, hiding his expression. I chuckled at his lack of words around people but still accepted his offer. 

Placing my right hand on his left shoulder, I push myself to stand up. Slowly, we walk to the toilet and I proceed to wash my feet with the cold water. A sigh of relief escaped as my aching feet met the comforting cold sensation. We then head to the kitchen and Kakeru helps me take a seat on the nearest chair. He didn't say a word as he gave me a glass of water. I only watch his actions. Nodding while silently praying my gratitude, I take the glass and drink all of it.

"Wahhh~ nothing beats a glass of fresh water after the whole jog!", I exhaled in satisfaction. Kakeru only stood there, leaning on the wall with his arm crossed. His gaze on the floor, not meeting mine. He is holding himself from saying something again. "Kakeru-kun, you don't have to worry. It's not your fault. I'm the one who suggested the race. Remember that I said something is bothering me before?", I asked, trying to get his attention. He finally looked at me though his expression is still a bit hard. 

"I am bothered by your past. You're the type that would go all out in competition. The serious type, kinda the same as me. I don't know what happened to you in the past but I just want to give you advice. I am actually a former swimmer in my high school days. Practicing hard in order to surpass the others in competition. But, I stopped swimming in my third year. Since then, I never even dare to lay my hand on any pool or gaze at it. That resulted in me losing all my sparks", my gaze casted downwards for a second, reminiscing the pain I felt in my heart. Then, I look back at him in the eyes. 

"You still have the chance Kakeru-kun. Even if you keep on rejecting Haiji-san's request for this year's marathon race, I got the feelings that you guys will definitely win the race! Haiji-san has something that we don't but I still haven't figured that out. If one day, you finally decide to race with them, make sure to tell me. I'm still interested in seeing how you guys will end up in this youthful journey", I finished with an amused smile. Kakeru's mouth went open to say something but he couldn't find any.

Standing up, Kakeru was about to help me but I stopped him. Patting my hand on his shoulder, I smiled with a gentle gaze.

"You've already done enough, thank you. Then, I better take my leave now. Don't want the other guys to see me in this state, right? Also, because you had won the race, my secret is... I'm an ex-swimmer. Bye bye, Kakeru-kun", then I walk out of the kitchen, staggering a bit along the way but still manage to get to my scooter outside. Thanks to the cold water, my feet feel less painful than before. Taking my phone and key that I placed on their shoe rack, I slip on my slip-on shoe. When I close the door, a bark greets me. I turn my head and see Nira wagging her tail while barking some more.

"I'm glad to meet you Nira. Tell Haiji-san I said thanks. Bye-bye Nira!", I smiled and waved at her. She ran in a circle while wagging her tail with a final bark as a reply. Putting on my helmet and starting my scooter, I ride back to my brother's house.

Ga verder met lezen

Dit interesseert je vast

31.4K 1.4K 40
MATURE CONTENT NOW ON PATREON (link in bio to gain access to two smut chapters) TRIGGER WARNING: suicide mentions "In Japanese and Chinese tale, it i...
5.6K 219 15
Deaf Bakugo AU Red string AU In the beginning of their 3rd year at UA, Bakugo finally looses his hearing. In a state of panic he pushes everyone awa...
1.3K 62 47
Hey hey hey!! Glad to see you back! If you haven't read the first part, it's in my profile. Here's a link for those lazy to find it: https://www.watt...
248K 6.5K 17
You and Tsukki were childhood friends, but when you moved away in grade school everything changed. Now you're back, and you're both attending Karasun...