The Difference Between You an...

By samanthaa0417

lucy. the popular, "straight" girl, who everyone adores. all the girls want to be her, all the boys want to m... More

chapter 1
chapter 2
chapter 3
chapter 4
chapter 5
chapter 6
chapter 7
chapter 8
chapter 9
chapter 10
chapter 11
chapter 12
chapter 13
chapter 14
chapter 15
chapter 16
chapter 17
chapter 19
chapter 20
chapter 21
chapter 22
chapter 23
chapter 24
chapter 25
chapter 26
chapter 27
chapter 28
chapter 29
chapter 30
chapter 31
chapter 32
chapter 33
chapter 34
chapter 35
chapter 36
chapter 37
chapter 38
chapter 39
chapter 40
face reveal
sequel????
SEQUEL!!!

chapter 18

24.2K 837 337
By samanthaa0417

dakota's p.o.v

i drive back to my house and we all go in, going into my kitchen and eating our mcdonald's. kenzie and i thank lucy for paying once again and she said she was happy to do it. it seems silly but mcdonald's is so good. even better when you don't have to pay (sorry lucy i hope you're enjoying it still).

we sit at my kitchen table talking and laughing. kenzie starts to get a little quiet, looking down at the table. i start to wonder if something is bothering her.

"you good kenzie?" i ask her and she looks up at me, seeming to snap out of her gaze.

"yeah yeah. i just um, i want to tell you something." she says quietly. i look at lucy with a questioning look and she shrugs lightly.

"okay." i say looking at her. she swallows hard, picking at her food.

"i'm talking to someone." she blurts out, freezing. i freeze as well and my jaw drops.

"you're what?!" i basically scream at her, making lucy laugh at me. kenzie shrugs, nodding.

"i've been talking to this boy who only lives in the next town over. he's so sweet." she says slightly blushing. i smile big, jumping up and down in my seat.

"oh my gosh why didn't you tell me? that's great!" i say happily. i get out of my seat and hug her quickly.

"aww." lucy says eating her french fries. "i'm happy for you kenz."

"me too!" i say.

"thanks guys." she smiles, continuing to eat her food normal now.

"what's his name?" i ask anxiously.

"hunter." she says blushing. i squeal, clapping my hands.

"i'm going to be an aunt to your children." i say sitting back down. she opens her eyes wide and lets out a laugh.

"he hasn't even asked me to be his girlfriend yet." she says. i shake my head, putting out my finger and waving it back and forth at her.

"don't worry, he will. you're awesome." i say smiling at her and she giggles, blowing me a kiss. "you gotta tell us about him."

"i will, not yet though. i wanna make sure he's worth it. boys are stupid sometimes." she says and i see lucy's eyebrow raise. she looks at her phone that was on the table quick and stares at it. i see her open it and read something. omg, nate?!

"lucy?" i ask gently. she looks up, taking a deep breath.

"he said he wasn't trying to ignore me and that he's sorry. that's it." she says dropping her phone back down on the table.

"nothing about being with nicole?" i ask and she just shakes her head, finishing her food. she gets up to throw it out, looking sad.

"sorry lucy. you don't deserve him." kenzie says also finishing her food. i just rest my head on my hand, keeping my eyes on her.

"yeah..like i've never heard that before." she says playfully raising an eyebrow at me. i grin, looking down.

"well i should get home. my mom needs help with something and then i have some homework." kenzie says standing up. i nod, standing up as well. we hug and thank each other happily. she says bye to lucy before grabbing her keys and walking out of the door. i throw my trash out, watching lucy just stare into space.

"hey." i say leaning down beside her. she jumps slightly, putting her hand over her heart. "want to go up to my room?" i ask her. she nods, standing up out of her chair.

she follows me upstairs and into my bedroom. i close the door behind us and walk over to my bed. she does the same.

"i really like your room." she says looking around. i laugh, shrugging.

"oh it's nothing. but thanks." i thank her, laying against my headboard and putting my head back. she comes and lays next to me, our arms touching. it's silent for a moment and all you can hear is us breathing. i check the time and see it's seven o'clock.

"i know it's wrong." i hear her say beside me. i look over, not knowing what she's taking about. she keeps looking forward. "it's wrong that nate puts his hands on me." she says. i look all around the side of her face, noticing her flawless skin. but she's wearing makeup.

"he can't control you. you can't just let him push you around like you're nothing. you need to stand up for yourself. you're one of the strongest people i've ever met." i tell her and she slowly turns her head to me. our eyes meet and i look from one of her eyes to the other.

"but i'm not strong. i cry when he touches me and yells. i don't stand up for myself. that's not being strong." she says shaking her head, looking disappointed. "he controls me because i just let him."

"he shouldn't treat you like that lucy. you don't let him do anything. why in his head does he think it's okay to put his hands on you when he's mad.." i shrug, not understanding his logic. her eyes fill with heavy tears.

"i-i know." she says sadly, a tear falling down her cheek. i lean up a little, putting my hand on her face and wiping her cheek.

"don't cry please, just listen to me." i say gently getting closer to her face. she looks into my eyes, sniffing her nose and nodding her head twice. "i've always thought there was a difference between you and me. i thought you would be one of the popular girls who were full of themselves and snotty even. i thought you and nate had a perfect relationship because that's how it always seemed. but from the second day i've met you, you were the total opposite. you were sweet and so selfless that i almost thought i was dreaming. dreaming about the perfect girl." i say gently to her, gently rubbing my thumb on her cheek. she shakes her head, forcing a smile through her broken self.

"will you stop calling me perfect?" she asks, sniffing her nose even more. i smile, trying to desperately to help her out.

"but you are." i tell her. "you may not have the perfect life, but you're lucy davis. the most beautiful and charming girl." i say, my face blushing. her smile fades slowly, not like i said something wrong. but i think because she's so shocked of my words.

"no ones ever said something like that to me." she says almost in a whisper. "you make me rethink everything.." she says and i just continue to look at her. inside i was confused on what she means by that.

"nate is just one of those guys who think they own everyone. you are strong lucy, inside you are. you deserve the world." my hand slowly slips off her cheek, dropping in front of me.

"you deserve more than the world." she says to me, smiling once again. "thank you. for really showing me how important i am. and how much i'm worth. even in the beginning, nate was never was sweet as you." she says, yawning slightly. i smile, looking at all of the features on her face.

"you don't need to thank me." i say nicely and she slowly nods, looking really tired. "it's not up to me but..don't stay with nate." i shake my head slightly at her, blinking a few times.

"i'm going to talk to him tomorrow, i promise." she says. "tell him about how i feel in person and see what he has to say."

"alright." i nod, pushing back a piece of hair out of her face gently. she looks so comfortable on my bed.

"i should get home." she says but then closes her eyes, relaxing even more. i giggle, realizing how tired she is. it's only nine o'clock.

"you shouldn't drive home when you're this tired." i tell her. "do you wanna just stay here tonight?" i ask a little nervous. she opens her eyes to look up at me.

"sure." she smiles. "do you have some clothes i can sleep in?"

"of course." i say standing up off my bed. i go to my closet and pick out a pair of soft pajama shorts and a tank top. i turn around and see shes on her phone. "here you go." i say to her. she takes them, nodding at me.

"thank you. i just texted my mom telling her." she says. she gets up off my bed and i show her the bathroom in my hallway. she goes in to change.

i quickly shut my bedroom door and change quickly, not wanting her to come in while i'm getting changed. she still makes me nervous however when i'm talking to to her about serious things i'm not really. i say whatever i want to say.

i finish getting changed and lay on my bed, waiting for her to come back. i go on my phone, texting kenzie quickly telling her that lucy is sleeping over. she texts back fast, freaking out. i roll my eyes playfully to myself, telling her it's only because she's too tired to drive home.

my head shoots up to my door opening and i see her. i freeze as i see how cute my clothes look on her. she closes my door and drops her clothes on the floor by the bed. "i love these shorts, they are so soft." she says. i smile, agreeing.

"you can keep them." i tell her. she stops what she's doing and just looks at me. then she shakes her head.

"dakota, you don't have to do and give me everything ya know?" she says, blushing. i shrug, sitting up and staring at her.

"but i insist. and i'm not just acting like this because your having a hard time with your boyfriend. i'll always act this way towards you." i say to her. she sighs, grinning at me. "so um, do you want me to sleep on the floor? you can have my bed." i ask her as i try to stand up off my bed. but she extends her arm, putting her hand on my chest to stop me.

"no. stay right there." she says. she climbs in my bed next to me, laying close to me. she leans her head on my shoulder and i blush slightly. then i laugh a little.

"you could of just told me. i still have to get up and shut the light off." i say and she laughs back cutely, sitting up.

"i'll do it." she says in a cute voice and stands up, going to shut the light off. she does and comes back beside me in my bed. i can't believe i told her she could sleep over. i'm not saying i'm mad i did but..i'm shocked i did.

i yawn, getting under my blankets and also covering her with them. i look up at the ceiling, feeling her go back into the same position with her head on my chest. i have my arms behind my head, intertwined.

"i'm going to say it again." she says quietly. i furrow mu eyebrows confused. she tilts her head up to me. "thank you, dakota." she gently kisses the bottom of my right cheek and my face feels like it's catching on fire. holy shit, this girl. "because of you i feel like i've become more confident in what i do."

"of course, lucy." i whisper, stretching my right arm around so it goes around her shoulder. my fingertips graze her arm and i feel her get slight chills. i so subtlety rub the top of arm in a comforting way.

i close my eyes, almost falling asleep immediately. i guess i didn't realize how tired i was until now. i fall asleep, with the most beautiful girl in my arms.

enjoyed??? i really hope so. i thought it was super cute :) comment and vote plz to show your support ❣️

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.9M 90.4K 42
Riley's past isn't something most kids go through. Bad things happened, but when she got older, her dad decided it was best to move, and get away fro...
589K 18.9K 60
Olivia Hansen is perfect. At least, that's what everyone thinks of her. She maintains her busy schedule by following routines and setting rules for h...
512K 20.6K 39
I glanced down to her lips but then I scooted away while clearing my throat. She hmm'd, "You tried to kiss me again." I shook my head and said "Nope...
460K 14K 45
Olivia Cox is your typical highschool student. She's wealthy, spoiled and of course the captain of school's cheerleading squad. She always gets what...