chapter 11

dakota's p.o.v

i finish grabbing and putting away some things i her as i slam my locker shut. i grab her arm gently, signaling her to follow me. i walk down the hall and try to find somewhere quiet. i finally do and we stop.

"everything okay?" she asks me, sounding concerned. i don't do anything, i just think of what to say.

"the ride was good, she seemed a little down from what happened with nate but i think i helped bring up her mood a little. but when we walked in, he got all mad that she didn't pick him up and as he dragged her away he asked why she wasn't wearing any makeup. he said she looked weird." i tell her, and kenzie's eyes widen.

"what? that's horrible!" she says a little too loud but i shush her, bringing my finger to my lips. she nods, apologizing.

"i know. she always seems to get happy when i talk to her but nate completely drains her. he's not good for her." i say. she snaps her fingers, smirking at me.

"this is where you really gotta slide in, d. if you're making her so happy, maybe she'll have to rethink her choices." she says and i shrug, not really thinking too much of what she's saying.

"you really need a boyfriend." i say and laugh a little. she smacks my head a little, and my mouth opens in shock. "hey!"

"i'm serious. she's been talking to you every night on the phone and then she offers to pick you up for school?! keep it going, bitch." she says, clapping her hands in excitement.

"i'll try, i mean i really like talking to her. she's so sweet." i smile and feel my face turn red. kenzie squeals and i jump a little at the sound she makes.

"aw that's so cute. don't make me cry." she puts her hand up in front of my face and looks away from me. i huff, grabbing her hand.

"and you call me dramatic." i roll my eyes. she pokes my side, making my body jerk from the feeling.

"on a totally unrelated note, want to go to the football game with me tonight?" she asks me and i nod, shrugging.

"sure..isn't nate on the football team?" i ask and she nods at me. then winks. um?

"that means lucy will probably be there." she says and in a way i hope she's not. she would be there to support nate, and i don't like that. he doesn't deserve her support.

the bell rings and im actually really curious how first period will go. i guess we will see what happens. "i'll see you at lunch, kiddo." she says, blowing me a kiss like she always does. i wave, watching her walk away. i make my way to first period, avoiding any strange looks.

i take my seat in first period, taking some materials out that i need. i look over and notice lucy isn't here yet. if nate makes her late i swear!

i keep my eyes glued to the door, hoping she walks in in time. my eyes glance from the clock and then back at the door. thirty seconds lucy, come in! i tap my finger anxiously, my eyes burning from the intense stare on the door.

fifteen seconds! i finally see in the hall, walking quickly. she walks in, ten seconds to spare. she gets over to her seat quick and sits down. the bell rings and i see her sigh in relief. she takes a pencil out and then looks over at me. i give her a awkward smile as she notices i was already staring. she just grins a little, looking back forward at the class. ugh, nate!

class goes by fast and before i knew it, the bell rings. my eyes usually always glance up at the clock but not today. my head shoots over to look at lucy and i see her standing up, putting away her pencil and papers in her bag. i stand up as well, my backpack landing comfortably on my shoulders.

The Difference Between You and Me (GXG)जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें