The Delinquent Pen Pal

By TeamEdward92

To stop the feud between Jefferson high and Lincoln high, a pen pal system was created. Kassandra Lawrence, t... More

The Deliquent Pen Pal
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34

Chapter 5

34.1K 1.1K 313
By TeamEdward92

Kassandra's POV

Sophia plopped on my bed and stared at the ceiling. She sighed in annoyance. It was after school and we decided to go to my house.

"What's wrong with you?" I asked, going to stand in front of my full length mirror. I straighten my shirt and I hiked up my skirt so it would be shorter.

"I have to go to my grandparents' dinner party." She replied.

"Why does that upset you?" I pouted my lips and applied some lip gloss.

"My grandparents are weird," she said, "and they invite my grandma's friend and her husband."

"So?" I pressed.

She sighed again. "Her friend's husband don't get along with my grandpa and everytime they get into a fight, I have to hold his teeth." She shivered and I chuckled.

"You should come." It wasn't a question and her eyes went into puppy dog mode as she stared intensely at me.

"Can't," I shrugged, "Aaron is coming over." I wiggled my eyebrows suggestively and Sophia chuckled.

It's funny how easy her and I got along even though it's only been a few days. Whenever someone would come and talk to me it's either because they wanted to ask me out or used me to climb up the popularity ladder. All in all, everyone uses me for money and power.

But not Sophia. She's not at all weird either and her and I are alike in a lot of ways.

Sophia rolled her eyes to the back of her head. "Great," she muttered, "you get to stay here and have fun with lover boy and I get to watch two 80 year old fight, get tired and fall asleep on the dinning room table."

I chuckled. "They do not!"

"Pfft." She huffed, "lucky me."

She waved goodbye and left my room. A second later, I heard the front door slammed.

I took out my phone and decided to text Aaron.

Me: you still coming over?

It only took him two minutes to text me back.

Aaron: yeah, I had to take a shower after football practice but I'm on my way now.

Me: okay

I threw my phone on the bed and headed downstairs. I was feeling hungry and I knew when Aaron got here, he'll be hungry too.

I walked in the kitchen and immediately went to the fridge and pulled out two frozen pizza boxes from Digerno's and popped them in the oven.

Since my parents were never around, I have to fend for myself and not knowing how to cook, I buy a million Digerno's pizza and I ate mostly frozen stuff.

The doorbell rang and I walked over to open the door and let Aaron in. He looked hot as always. His black hair was still wet from the shower and he had a green t shirt on that showed off his bicep. He stepped inside and I closed the door behind him.

"Hi." I greeted.

"Hey." He smiled. 

"Did you have fun at football practice?" I asked, walking back to the kitchen and Aaron followed me.

"It's was good, I chatted with Melissa Geller." I turned to face him and I saw a hint of red in his cheeks as if he was blushing. Wait a minute!

"Do you like her?" I screeched, a hit of jealousy seethed through my voice. I don't exactly hate Melissa Geller because she wasn't snobby like most head cheerleaders and when I talked to her, we would have nice conversations.

But Melissa Geller was not me.

"Uh—" he stuttered, his cheeks now flaming red. That's a yes...

"Maybe you should go." I whispered, tears threaten to rolled down my cheeks. 

I was expecting Aaron to object and say something that would convince me that he had no feelings for the head cheerleader but instead he nodded agreeably, kissed my cheeks and left.

I stood there in shock and tears started rolling down my cheeks. I felt stupid for crying over him but for some reason, I couldn't help it.

Did I like Aaron more than a friend?

Feeling not hungry anymore, I turned off the oven and ran upstairs to my room and cried into my pillow. 

I didn't want to cry anymore so I reached for my phone which was only a few feet away and dialed Sophia's number.

She answered on the third ring. "Hello?" She yelled. I could barely hear her from all the noise and commotion in the background.

"Hi." I said, my voice cracking.

"Kassandra?" She continued to yell, "hold on."

I heard some footsteps and then the noise in the background ceased.

"Sorry," she huffed, "they were in the middle of fighting but I'm in my room now." I sniffled and I started to cry all over again.

"Chill out." She said, "what happened?"

"Aaron." Hiccups. "Likes." Hiccups. "Melissa Geller."

"Whose Melissa Geller?"

"Does it matter?" I snapped.

"Sorry," she apologized, "but I thought Aaron was just a booty call?"

"Yeah."

"Look," she sighed, "if you are really that upset than pick me up at 9 and I'll cheer you up."

"But—"

"I gotta go," she said quickly, "see you at 9!"

Before I could say anything back, I heard the dial tone. She hung up.

I was in shock but that only lasted a second. Hmp, who knew she was that feisty!

I glanced at the clock above my bed and i groaned when I realized it was only 6 o'clock. I had three hours to kill.

I decided that I was hungry again and went downstairs to the kitchen to heat up the pizza.

After I ate, I wanted the time to go by fast so I kept myself busy; I cleaned my room, did laundry and gave myself a manicure.

Two hours passed by and it was now 8; I had thirty more minutes before I wanted to get ready to meet up with Sophia.

Since I ran out of things to do, I decided to reply to my pen pal.

Dear Adam,

Okay can you just please tell me what your real name is? Please I'm dying over here trying to come up with what A.B stands for. Right now I'm jamming to Taylor Swift and have to soon get ready to meet up with Sophia. Oh yeah, me and her are extremely close friends right now and I guess I have you to thank about that and Mr. Louis for making us partners. anyways, tell your friend that Sophia is very pretty and he'll like her a lot. I wonder when this pen pal system would stop. Maybe they are waiting for the feud to stop which in that case, I'm guessing never. Yesterday, all the cars in the senior parking lot had been graffitied on and of course everybody blamed the Lincoln kids. Everyone thinks that us Jefferson kids are too "classy" to do such a thing. Anyways I gotta get get ready to meet Sophia.

Xoxo

Kassandra

**

I stared at myself in my full length mirror and I felt satisfied. I didn't know what Sophia had in mind so I decided to dress casual and I had on black skinny jeans and a plain white v-neck long sleeves on which showed a little cleavage. I had my brown cowboy boots on and since it was chilly outside, I grabbed my leather jacket. I closed off all the lights and locked the front door behind me.

I jumped in my black Ashton Martin car and drove towards Sophia's house. I never been to her house before but she sent me a quick text message after we talked on the phone with her address.

Her house was closer than I thought and soon, I found myself parked on her street. I got out the car and stared at her house. It was average size compared to my house and the lights were on.

I didn't know whether or not to wait here till she came out or knocked on her door.

I took my chances and I decided to knock on the door.

After a few seconds, the door flew open and an old man stepped out. He looked angry when he saw me.

"Who the fuck are you?" He growled. Whoa, someone is in a grumpy mood.

Before I had a chance to answer, Sophia popped up behind him. "grandpa, this is Kassandra."

"Are you one of those lesbians?" He bluntly asked. He leaned towards me and he was glaring.

My mouth gape open in shock and Sophia smacked her hands on her forehead; face red from embarrassment.

"Oh my God, Grandpa." Sophia whined, rolling her eyes, "you can't just ask people if they are a lesbian."

Her grandpa grunted. "Only a lesbian would wear ugly cowboy boots." He pointed towards my boots.

What's wrong with my boots?

"Bye grandpa." Sophia kissed grandpa's cheek. She grabbed my hands and lead me back to my car. I got in the driver's seat while she got in the passenger's.

I turned towards her. "Are my boots that ugly?" She shrugged, not giving me an answer. I noticed for the first time that Sophia's dark brown hair was down and it was curly; I only saw her with her hair tied in a loose bun because that's how she always worn it to school. She had on mascara that made her brown eyes popped more and her lips shines bright with the red lipstick she was wearing. For clothing she went with gray skinny jeans, a black plain shirt, and had her brown leather jacket over her shirt. I'm also loving the black wedges she choose to wear.

I must admit, she did look hot.

"Where are we going?" I asked, driving away from her street.

"180 rosewood drive." She replied, typing it in my gps.

"180 rosewood drive?" I repeated, my tongue clicking. Why did that street sound unfamiliar? My eyes widen when I realize where we are going. "That's in Lincoln isn't it?

Lincoln was the next town over and it really did not have nice neighborhoods.

"Calm down," she said, "I won't let anything happen to you." I rolled my eyes but reluctantly kept driving. I turned on the radio and Sophia and I started singing along with the songs we knew.

Many songs and what felt like hours later, Sophia and I reached our destination. I sucked in a breath when I realized that we were parked in front of a club.

"Sophia." I groaned.

"It will be fun!" She got out of the car and pulled me with her though I was restraining. Man that chick was strong.

We waited in line till it was our turn and the big guy asked us for our IDs. I was going to tell him we did not have IDs because we were not of proper age when Sophia pulled out two cards from her back pocket and handed it to the guy. The guy studied the card for only a few seconds before ushering us in.

I stood there in shook; Sophia had to grab my hand and dragged me inside.

"Where did you get us fake IDs?" I asked, low enough so nobody would here.

She shrugged. "I know a guy." She handed me my fake ID and I studied it for a moment. The picture was from my yearbook picture from last year and the card said that I was 23. Whoever her "friend" was, he was really good.

I tucked the ID in my back pocket.

"Okay," she clapped, "the plan is that you get over Aaron by picking any cute guy you like and make him make you forget all about Aaron."

I sighed loudly. Maybe she was right, the best way to get over someone is to get under someone. Am I right?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

VOTE (25)

COMMENT (5)

FOLLOW

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

145K 2.7K 22
Lily Worthington's a student who's faced her share of troubles at home. It's been a few years since the death of her little brother and Lily's life f...
397 24 33
Meet Alyssa Johnson the kinda good and a bad girl all in one. 17 year old going to high school. Having 4 best friend James Stone, Alex Demon, Ashley...
14.5K 861 30
Brie- 19 years old. She is a student at the University of Nebraska. She's the girl next door down home farm girl. She has never thought herself to be...
1M 47.2K 36
**A Wattpad Featured Story** Madison Carlisle isn't just popular, she's the one girls want to be and the guys want to be with. But what's a girl to d...