The Billionaire's Extraordina...

By island_rose

No one deserves to be stuck in a complicated love triangle with their arranged husband and his girlfriend, es... More

Chapter 1: Black Sheep Of The Family
Chapter 2: An Unwelcome Change
Chapter 3: Meeting The Billionaire and His Girlfriend
Chapter 4: Life's A Mess
Chapter 5: The Wedding Reception
Chapter 6: Sleeping Beauty And Prince Charming
Chapter 7: Prince Charming Or Bipolar Beast?
Chapter 8: Solo Beach Picnic
Chapter 9: Unplanned Laughs, Wishes and Memories
Chapter 10: Deep Blue Underworld
Chapter 12: The One Who Cares
Chapter 13: Nick, Hugs, Surprises and Plans
Chapter 14: Catching Feelings
Chapter 15: Broken Promises
Chapter 16: Undecided
Chapter 17: An Arguementative Liberty
Chapter 18: A Taste Of His Own Medicine
Chapter 19: Husband and Wife Secrets
Chapter 20: Finding Common Ground
Chapter 21: The Special Friendzone
Chapter 22: Memory Imprints
Chapter 23: Insecurities
Chapter 24: Untamed
Chapter 25: The Unforseen
Chapter 26: The Innocent Victims
Chapter 27: Mom Knows Best
Chapter 28: Gambling With My Life
Chapter 29: Blazing Sting
Chapter 30: Losing All Sanity
Chapter 31: Opportunities Unleashed
Chapter 32: Saving Grace
Chapter 33: A Passion For Escape
Chapter 34: Bittersweet Reunion
Chapter 35: Steamy And Unforgettable
Chapter 36: Sizzling Sensations
Chapter 37: Sweet To Sour
Chapter 38: The More The Merrier
Chapter 39: The Art Of Pleasure
Chapter 40: Sticking Together
Chapter 41: Overwhelming Emotions
Chapter 42: Fulfilling Desires
Chapter 43: What Is Love?
Chapter 44: Too Late?
Chapter 45: Misunderstandings
Chapter 46: No Saint
Chapter 47: Fought Battles
Chapter 48: The Prowess Of A Wife
Chapter 49: Melting Softly
Chapter 50: Intimacy
Chapter 51: Plans Gone Awry
Chapter 52: Tricked And Punished
Chapter 53: Without Wishing
Chapter 54: Sweet Distraction
Chapter 55: Brazilian Encounter
Chapter 56: High Hopes
Chapter 57: Steamy Escapade
Chapter 58: Goodbyes
Chapter 59: I Love You
Chapter 60: Deep Inside
Chapter 61: Blazing Flame
Chapter 62: The Unexpected
Chapter 63: Sexy Seductress
Chapter 64: Suspicious Mistakes
Chapter 65: Eventful Friday
Chapter 66: Drunk In Love
Chapter 67: Passionate Intimacy
Chapter 68: The Prowess Of A Husband
Chapter 69: Late Night Call
Chapter 70: Deep In Love
Chapter 71: Favourite Addiction
Chapter 72: Apart And Distraught
Chapter 73: Pillow Talk
Chapter 74: You're Mine
Chapter 75: Mysterious Package And Setup
Chapter 76: Broken Hearts
Chapter 77: Heartbreaking Moments
Chapter 78: Stay With Me
Chapter 79: Broken And Empty
Chapter 80: Threats And Changes
Chapter 81: Ugly Confrontation
Chapter 82: The Game Has Changed
Chapter 83: Strength And Resilience
Chapter 84: Truths Revealed
Chapter 85: Mission Accomplished
Chapter 86: Happy Place
Chapter 87: Unquenchable Desire
Chapter 88: Perfect Match
Chapter 89: Forever Yours
Author's Note
Epilogue

Chapter 11: Tears He Doesn't Deserve

52.7K 2K 291
By island_rose

Kyra's POV

Every moment and every event of every man's life on earth plants something in his soul.

Our honeymoon was something that changed my life, something that gave me a little bit of hope that maybe this marriage wouldn't be as horrible as it appeared when we started off.

After all, they say, bad beginnings make good endings.

Being back in New York after an eventful getaway to Seychelles was something that saddened me a lot but we had to come back home at some point.

After a few logical calculations,I concluded that Jayden Montero and I had basically built the foundation of our relationship in Seychelles.

There was progress in our relationship and maybe being alone together had helped us to go towards sailing in the same boat.

I couldn't exactly tell if everything was permanent in terms of his mood and everything towards me but I had faith that he now at least considered me a human being.

I had woken up quite early in the morning to shower up and dress myself up after landing in New York the previous day in the afternoon.

I was really looking forward to getting oriented by Jayden regarding charity. Him orienting me meant that I had the opportunity to talk to him more so I had to jump onto the opportunity.

I loved talking to him although I had to be cautious with my words at all times. I put in all my effort to make sure I wasn't being too annoying or too nosy.

I was currently in the kitchen making him breakfast. During our honeymoon I realised he did all the cooking and I had never cooked a meal he got to eat.

I was really into cooking and I wanted him to taste my food and love it. I wanted him to know I wasn't useless.

Although it was eight in the morning, there was silence in the house and I couldn't even see a single soul.

I had definitely heard some sounds coming from Jayden's bedroom though and some of the bedrooms upstairs. I knew I was definitely not alone.

I wholeheartedly made bacon, eggs and cheese sandwiches. I made sure to make everything with a lot of love as a small token of appreciation for all the fun I had on our honeymoon.

We did have our differences but we had also shared some memories that were unforgettable to me and I'd cherish them for life.

I made a cup of coffee as well as hot chocolate just in case he wasn't in the mood for coffee.

Initially I had planned on setting the table but I later decided on carrying the breakfast to his bedroom. I thought some breakfast in bed would be really heartwarming.

I didn't want him to misunderstand me though. It was just a gesture of being nice not being wife material.

I put the breakfast on a tray and made my way to his bedroom. I had never entered his bedroom before but I knew it had to be crazy cool because his taste in everything I knew of so far was perfect.

His mansion was quite big. One could easily get lost. It had been already a month since we got married but I still didn't know many rooms in this big mansion.

I held the tray in one hand making sure it wouldn't fall and gently knocked at his door. I kinda wished we still shared a bedroom though because waking up to see his face gave me the best feeling in the whole world.

The door was opened after a few knocks but I was puzzled after a young lady I had definitely never seen before opened the door.

She looked around my age or slightly younger. All wild thoughts ran in my mind when I saw her but then when I assessed her clothing I realised maybe there was no reason to worry.

The young lady was wearing a uniform that was definitely for maids although it was kinda fancy. I had never come across a maid in the house before.

"Oh! Hello Miss Casella," she greeted me cheerfully as if she had been looking forward to meeting me.

Did she just say Miss Casella?

"Uhm, hi," was all I could manage to say. Even if she was a maid then what was she doing in my husband's bedroom?

Oh just calm down Kyra. Why would you care even if your fake husband is with a maid?

Right. Why would I care? Or maybe I would. It was kind of an insult though that he never noticed me yet he noticed a maid in his house.

"I'm Regina. I've been working here as a maid on and off for roughly two years now. I'm at your service Miss Casella," she seemed pretty nice but I still had to get answers.

"Miss Casella?" I asked raising an eyebrow. Not that I wanted her to call me Mrs Montero or anything. I just wanted to know if she knew this whole thing was a lie.

"I'm really sorry if that's offensive. It's just that Mr Montero instructed that we shouldn't call you Mrs Montero since you are not really his wife so I thought Miss Casella would be more respectful than just calling you by your name," she explained with her head hanging low. She sounded ashamed of what she was saying.

To be frank that hurt. Yes of course I wasn't really his wife but the fact that he told the housemaids not to address me as his wife just hurt.

"Oh. Don't worry. I wasn't offended. You can call me Kyra," I replied faking a smile to hide how pale I had become.

"Excuse me. I want to see Jayden," I told her politely as I could see she was still blocking both my view and way.

"Mr Montero left last night," she informed me.

What?

"He did?" I asked in pure disbelief.

"Yes. He left for Paris and said he'd be back in a few days," she further informed me and shock held me immobile.

My grip on the tray loosened and the contents were close to falling but lucky Regina caught the tray just on time.

"Careful ma'am. Are you okay?" she asked worry lacing her kind face.

"Are you joking with me Regina?" I asked looking straight into her eyes.

"I'm telling the truth. He left for Paris for a business trip."

That was a punch in the gut. I suddenly felt dizzy and my head started spinning. I faltered for a moment and I felt someone support me on my side.

I heard distant voices saying stuff I couldn't comprehend and I felt hot tears prick my eyes.

That lump that had disappeared from my throat suddenly lodged itself back in my throat, this time bigger. I felt weak and unimportant.

I felt betrayed. He just left without even telling me and he had given me false hopes. I believed in every single thing he told me and had faith he at least cared about me.

I thought we had built a foundation for our relationship but it seemed we had built it on sand and it had already been blown away.

Okay, so maybe I was getting ahead of myself and misunderstanding the whole situation. Maybe it was an urgent and sudden trip and he had been too busy to inform me. He must have left me a message if that was the case.

"Was the trip urgent?" I asked now refocusing my focus on Regina. Another woman had joined us but she was way older than Regina and I probably by twenty years or so.

I had no idea when I had moved but I was now sitting on a white couch in the hallway with Regina and the other woman on either of my sides.

"Ma'am, you don't seem well. Maybe you should go and lie down. We'll call for a doctor."

"Regina, I asked you a question," I said with trembling hands as I held her own and looked for answers in her eyes.

My heart depended on her answer. It was either it'd be broken or at peace and relieved.

"The tickets were already booked a week ago."

I swallowed hard and closed my eyes as I felt my poor heart shatter into tiny pieces.

"Did he leave alone?"

"No. He left with your siblings, Kyle and Kylie. I don't know if this is relevant information but yes there is a business meeting but it's also Miss Kylie's birthday in a few days' time and she has always wanted to have a birthday in Paris. It must have been a surprise," Regina informed me with a sorry look on her face.

A solemn tear escaped my left eye. I was a fool. A disgusting fool. I was stupid and senseless. I meant nothing at all to him yet he held a special place in my heart.

I didn't want to cry. I mentally screamed at my precious tears that he wasn't worth it but they betrayed me and spilled out anyway. Nothing ever went according to my plan.

"Are you okay child?" the older woman asked holding my hand gently.

I furiously wiped away my tears.

You are not worth it Jayden Montero! I can't keep on crying over you! You've hurt me enough!

"I'm okay. I'm just not feeling too well and I thought of something that made me cry. I'm sorry I easily get emotional," I lied and I could tell they weren't buying it.

They didn't dare to pursue the topic either. The last thing I needed was pity. Pity made me feel weak and it just make me cry more.

"Should we get you a doctor?" Regina asked squeezing my hand gently.

"No. I'm good. Did he perhaps leave me a message or anything?" I asked hopefully but both women looked at me with pity in their eyes.

"Unfortunately he didn't."

"That's okay. I'll leave for my room I guess .I'Il come down later and get to know you two better. You seem like nice people."

"Kyle did leave you something though," Regina interjected.

"He came here?"

"Yes he did. He came a few hours after you arrived. We didn't even get a chance to greet you because you seemed exhausted. He didn't want to disturb you so he left something for you," she told me and a small smile formed on my lips.

It didn't take Regina more than two minutes to come back holding a small gift bag and she handed it over to me.

"We'll leave you alone now. If you need anything just call us. I'm Martha by the way. Regina is my daughter. We both can't wait to get to know you better ma'am."

"Please call me Kyra. It's nice to meet you both," I replied warmly. They seemed kind.

"I was actually cleaning up Mr Montero's bedroom in case you got the wrong idea," Regina informed me apologetically.

"No. It's fine. You guys go ahead and finish up. We'll catch up later."

I was glad to finally be in my bedroom to open the gift bag.

But seriously what would Kyle give me and why? I was really excited anyway because it was not everyday that I got a gift.

I opened the gift bag that was taped and my heart swelled when I looked inside.

I emptied all the contents onto my bed and smiled brightly. All my tears and sadness were gone.

There were these delicious looking chocolates about five that were as big as an iPad. The most heartwarming thing was they were written London.

There was also some candy I had never seen before but looked yummy. I also noticed a T flash.

There was also a message written on a fancy decorated card.

Hy Kyra!

How are you doing? How was your honeymoon? I'm kinda in a hurry so I'll get to the point.

While in Mexico I came across this other confectionery and I saw these London chocolates. I thought it'd be really cute to give them to a girl I know named London. (I adore that girl a lot btw)

I bought all the chocolates and candy with love so enjoy. I hope you have a sweet tooth London. They say eating sweet things generates positive thoughts so eat them and see the magic.

There are some movies I'd recommend for you on the T flash. Trust me when I say they'll make you cry, laugh, fall in love and so much more.

See you soon and don't forget to miss me more. I'll miss you more as well.

~Your husband's bestie~

Why was I crying?

Ugh, he was so crazy sweet and he managed to make me cry. If only he could lend his sweetness to his bestie.

I seriously wasn't expecting something like that. It felt good knowing someone at least cared about me.

We weren't even that close yet but he was already looking out for me. I would definitely eat them all because hell yeah I had a sweet tooth.

I opened one London chocolate and I tasted heaven. Wonderful, unique and addictive deliciousness.

I safely put away the gift bag,the card and the remaining chocolates and candy for later. I'd cherish this moment forever.

I heard a soft knock on my door. It was probably either Martha or Regina.

"Come on in," I called softly. I didn't feel like getting up.

I was feasting on a chocolate bar when I saw Martha walk in holding a tray. She was around my mother's age and she resembled a mother to me.

"I hope you don't mind us coming in here ma'am."

"Please, Martha. Call me Kyra and why would I mind? You are welcome in here," I told her as she came in and placed the tray on the bed.

Martha went on and closed the door then came back and sat on the bed with me. I sat cross legged on the bed with my chocolate next to me.

I looked at the tray. There was a homemade beef burger, sausages and toasted bread. Ummmm. Yummy. It was like she knew what I loved. I had a feeling we'd get along quite well.

There was also a cup of steaming hot chocolate. I was mentally salivating.

"Please go ahead and eat. You should have your breakfast. I made it especially for you."

"Thanks a lot ,Martha. This looks really delicious and I know I'll enjoy," I thanked her then I started munching on my food.

Delightful! Martha just looked at me smiling as I ate. She was like my mom when she still considered me her daughter. My mom always spoiled me and treated me like her baby. Now it was all history.

"How come I never saw you guys when I came around?"

"I was on a holiday. It was one month long. We both came back a week ago. I would have loved to have been here when you came. It's good seeing you now anyway."

"Sure thing. So Regina works here too or she's helping you out?"

"She comes here to work when she is on holiday. She wants to help me raise money to finish her school and Mr Montero pays really well. He's a nice man."

Yeah yeah. Nice to everyone else but me.

I continued eating as we talked about light stuff but I could tell she had something to say.

"Kyra, are you in love with Jayden?" she suddenly asked making me choke on the food I was eating.

I quickly took my hot chocolate and washed it down. She just looked at me with a smile plastered on her face.

"Love? Hell no! Why would I fall for him?"

"You seemed pretty disturbed by the fact that he left without a word."

"That's not the case at all. My head was acting up. I have these serious migraines most of the time so it was one of the waves," I lied sipping my hot chocolate. It was delicious.

"Kyra, I'm a mother and I have a daughter who is just around your age. I know these things. Maybe you haven't really fallen for real or you are just not sure about your feelings."

"I definitely haven't fallen."

"Okay then. I just want to give you advise. Protect your heart. Love is a dangerous game. Some players win, others lose. Some get injured during the game to such an extent that they'll never play the game again. Protect your heart Kyra and whenever you need a shoulder to lean on, Regina and I will always be there for you."

I stopped eating and let her words sink in. A dangerous game. A player. A loser. Injured beyond recovery. Hell no!I wanted all the cute romantic stuff too.

My own husband had just taken his girlfriend to Paris for her birthday. How romantic.

"Thank you Martha. I'll fight to protect my heart."

"You have to. You are a strong woman. I believe in you."

"You do?"

"Yes. Now you believe in yourself."

The words I wanted to hear from my mother came from another woman I barely even knew. I couldn't hold myself back so I embraced her in a warm hug and she hugged me back the way a mother hugs her daughter.

"Thank you for believing in me."

**********

💖💖💖💖💖

Did the chapter go the way you had been imagining or it went the other way?

Don't forget to vote and comment.

Thank you.💖

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.8K 75 26
*Kyra Martin* It was never easy for me to hide my emotions, and that's the cause of all my problems now. I am a writer, or rather, I was. Now I'm j...
1.1K 110 11
Sometimes the best way over something is not through. It's under. Chance Whitley is sinking. Devastated after he discovers his wife, Lacey, is chea...
5.1M 117K 55
New release! (( This book is a sneak peek at what is now available on Amazon and FREE on Kindle Unlimited! There are 5 chapters available for you to...
13.4K 302 6
Kyra Atcuian hides a secret from the world around her. Kyra has the ability to shift, and the form that she takes is that of a cheetah. Shifters as a...