Can You Keep A Secret? (Compl...

By LJRwrites

Aria has been cordially invited to the wedding of the century . According to her mom . Her older sister is fi... More

Hi!!
i - wedding kerfuffle
ii - it's a match ...sort of
iii - a.c. wells
iv - brunch
v - the reveal
vi - just a slight adjustment
vii - dinner party for the wells
viii - reunion
ix - uncertainty
x - trip
xi - dinner
xii - show me around
xiii - what now?
xiv - pov's
xv - out in the countryside
xvi - impromptu
xvii - saturday
xviii - no distractions
xix - after
xx - apology
xxi - warren
xxii - in the light
xxiii - three brothers
xxiv - alex
xxv - the week
xxvi - unexpected visitor
xxvii - the one
xix - day one
xxx - day two
xxxi - bachelorette night
xxxii - always been
xxxiii - after the kiss
xxxiv - wedding day
xxxv - may i have this dance
xxxvi - i care for you
xxxvii - confession
xxxviii - embrace
xxxix - official date
xl - office
xli - normal
xlii - psycho
xliii - caught
xliv - something new
xlv - plans
xlvi - recovery
xlvii - under the stars
xlviii - welcome home
xlix - family
L - epilogue
*New Story*

xxviii - hard truths

10.6K 439 23
By LJRwrites

♡♡♡
●ARIA POV●

After that nightmare of a day happened Warren and Alex both agreed that I shouldn't say anything to my mother this week . It was best that I waited until after the wedding when my sister and Henry were well on their way on their honeymoon , away from the country.

We also all were on the same page as far as Dylan goes . The stunt he pulled is nothing in comparison to what he has the potential of doing during the week and even at the wedding . Alex reassured Warren that he was going to stay by my side all week.

Both the brothers stayed over that night as we all fell asleep on the couch , planning out what we were going to do in any of the scenarios that we came up with . I woke up to the sound of the door closing and the judgement of Sonja coming off her face.  She didn't have to say a word because I can already hear it.

I removed myself from the middle position in between Alex and Warren . "You have some explaining to do ," Sonja says as she peeks over, "They are so damn hot and wow, you weren't kidding about Warren. I didn't even think that was possible."

"I told you , anyway , we fell asleep planning out our moves for next week."

She scrunched her face in confusion, "because of the wedding?"

I sighed, "Dylan showed up last night and cornered me.  Practically pinned me against the wall ," I tell her .

The look on her face went from confused to angry in a matter of a millisecond , "where is he? I'll kill him. Are you okay?" She said as she looked me over to make sure I was hurt.

"He didn't do anything physical but he dropped a bomb on me and I'm still kind of trying to navigate what to do. I called Warren over last night when Dylan showed up ," I begin to explain .

"Why didn't you call Alex?" She asked me.

"Warren was the last call I had and that's the number I dialed out. I'm thankful it was him because he only lives a couple blocks away. Alex showed up because we agreed to hang out this weekend to plan for the wedding. But ..." I trail off.

"Dylan that bastard," he huffed under her breath .

I tell her what he said to me and her emotions morphed every few seconds because the revelations were pretty intense. A part of her and a part of me felt sorry for Dylan but she came to the same conclusion that he had a choice . His version of protection basically killed me . Of course,  being my overprotective best friend she wanted to hunt Brittany down and give her a taste of karma but I told her that she'll get what's coming to her . Even if I don't plan a revenge , I know her misdeeds will catch up to her .

The guys began to stir as the coffee I brewed was almost done.  Sonja had jumped in the shower to freshen up. She wanted to help plan since she also took the week off to be my support . She peeked over at them and had a lazy glaze in her eyes , "which one can I have?"

I chuckled , "you're hilarious. Wipe that drool off your mouth," I said as I threw a paper towel her way.

"Why do you get all the fun?" She pouted.

"You're the one who set this all up for me," I reminded her.

"Yeah yeah."

"But we have other issues at hand because after the wedding is over I'm going to confront my mother," I said which straightened her right up.

"I'm really sorry about that . How are you feeling? I know it was shocking last night but now that you had a little time to let it sink in, are you okay?" She asked .

"I don't know Sonja. I never expected this from her . And to do it to my father? He's the kindest man I know . He adores my mom , it'll devastate him," I say feeling uneasy about this delicate situation .

He rubs my back to comfort me , "I know this sucks . And we only thought we had one couple to deal with but this is on another level. Maybe Brittany was lying? Or she misunderstood a relationship? Sometimes kids get it wrong and hold unnecessary resentment ," she tries to rationalize the situation .

I shrug, "I don't know but right now my big concern is getting past the wedding . Nothing and no one can ruin Delilah and Henry's big day . They deserve the best."

"Hey," I hear the crack of Warren's voice . He locks eyes with me and we give each other a warm smile .

"Good morning, did you sleep okay?" I ask him .

"Yeah, I smell coffee," he says looking at the coffee pot.

"Yup, freshly made, come on over and have some," Sonja says to him .

Soon after Warren, Alex also woke up . We all finished the coffee and then Warren excused himself, saying that he needed to get home to shower off . Alex was volunteered to give him a ride home and we bid them both a farewell.

As soon as they left Sonja was on me again, isn't this woman tired from her shift last night? "I saw that."

"Saw what?" I ask.

"How you and Warren looked at each other. Did something happen between you two?" She interrogates.

"I don't know what you're talking about ," I say to her.

"I don't like that he gives you those lovey eyes when he thinks you're with Alex," she states.

"Actually, Warren knows it isn't real," I tell her.

"Wait, hold up and back it up . You told him?" She says with a shocked tone .

"I can't lie to him, I trust him and he's been there for me through everything."

She begins to shake her head and tsk at me, "You went for the wrong brother. "

And so I tell her everything else. How he found me years ago and didn't make a move . What happened during the week at Trip's and how he consoled me last night .

"He's more of a boyfriend to you than your own fake boyfriend," she says.

"Except , Alex told me he wants this to be real between us."

She sighs , "and how do you feel about that?"

I lift my shoulders and let them fall in defeat , "I don't know . I like him too . Otherwise I wouldn't have slept with him. You know that I never do that with other guys, he's my second."

She walks over to me and gently places her hands on either side of my arms , "I know but you'll eventually have to choose who you like the most . You and Alex, that start wasn't real and you both agreed to it . Somewhere along the way feelings grew. But you and Warren ? That's some Nicholas Sparks type romance minus the sad endings, hopefully in this case too. I'm only saying how I see it."

"I know and I feel so stupid that this is the thing that's on the forefront of my mind . Not the wedding,  not how to handle Dylan and NOT my mom and her infidelity."

"It's not stupid.  It's natural . There's a lot going on and you're not the kind of person to deliberately hurt anybody or string them along. I'm just telling you from my perspective what this looks like . At the end of all of this you're the one who's going to have final say . I'll be here for whatever support you need," she says in a comforting voice.

"I know , I'm going to tackle each obstacle one by one . Unfortunately,  Dylan will be kind of simultaneous but I think we got a good plan to cover that," I say .

"And whatever you need, we got your back."

■■■
So sorry this is a shorter chapter . Next up is the wedding week. Lots of drama heading this way but will it involve Aria and the brothers? Or is something else going to happen to throw everything they thought they knew , threw a loop??

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.3M 40.9K 61
Football players are assholes. I know; I'm related to their king. My older, and annoyingly overprotective, brother Jake is the star quarterback at Sa...
2.4M 71.8K 42
Never in a million years did I think I would cross paths with him again. Michael Woods. The boy who broke my heart. The boy who picked hockey over me...
176 10 9
Evie was a dreamer, a lover of the written word. She was known for her wild imagination, her endless stories, and her love for literature. But as muc...
1.3K 71 7
What would you do if your boyfriend broke up with you for someone else? Even worse. She is that girl. Popular, shallow and horribly perfect. The one...