Pushed Aside

By Talexbabe

Side Series (Book 1) Zayvion has been an outlier his whole life. He's a Hybrid between an Incubus and an Ang... More

Characters
Prayers and Fish
Roomates and Searching
Before We Begin
Playing and Promises
Breakfast and Interviews
Fatigue and Chains
Thoughts and Firsts
Training and Panic
Working and Laughs
Nerves and Questions
Guilt and Listening
Talks and Distress
Secrets and Advice
Findings and Peace
Walks and Contemplation
Fear and Looks
Courage and Asking
Embarrasment and Options
Patience and Surprises
Rides and Talks
Flirting and Blushing
Amusement and Smirks
Excitement and Nerves
Dates and Mistakes
Tears and Friends
Home and Disappointment
Ignorance and Pettiness
Threats and Apologies
Dinner and Leaving
Surprise and Kisses
Fear and Habits
Drinks and Confusion
Stopping and Pain
Sobriety and Repeats
Bodies and Promises
Coffee and Irriation
Venting amd Feelings
Homecomings and Distractions
Heartbreak and Decisions 
Judgements and Exposure
Waiting and Allies
Home and Surpirses
Discussions and Apologies
Dinner and Amusement
Outtings and Giggles
Homecomings and Talks
Claiming and Marking
Laziness and Tattoos
Lunch and Friendships
Cameras and Riding
Seconds and Cuddles
Meetings and Warnings
Parents and Relationships
Essays and Change
Learning and Endings
Whats Coming Next
Smut Chapters
What To Read Next

Calling and Time

1.3K 112 112
By Talexbabe

Elliot's POV

      As soon as I turn away from Zay and begin walking back towards the building, the bravado melts from me and my balmy hands get wipes on my jeans.

      That was the most nerve racking conversation I've ever had, and I was sweating my balls off, but Zay for once didn't have his confidence. And so I had to step it. Seeing him so defeated instead of flirting and laughing with those crazy eyes was a scary moment and I hope it doesn't happen again.

      There's a bunch of shit going on in my head and not one thing making sense, so I push those thoughts aside until I get everything done that I need to and I can finally head home.

      After I throw the trash away, and give one last glance back at Zay, I open the door, I jump out of my skin when I see the security guard from earlier leaning against the wall with a..... bat in his hand. Where is came from or how he got it inside I don't even know. I go to walk past him but he swings the aluminum weapon up to block my path. I stop waking and look over to him, a bit wary.

        "Zay is like a little brother to me. And he's my Lock's favorite boyfriend. Now I'm not one for violence but this is what I won't do. I don't give a fuck what decision you make, but if you choose rejection, your knee caps will be my bitch." He tells me and says it's so nonchalantly that I'm almost confused about if it's a threat or not.

        "That rejection will make our lives go to normal." I argue, not understanding his fucking problem. He laughs to himself, though his face remains dead as he pushes himself off the wall and comes to stand right in front of me.

        "You're a human stuck in a Super's situation. So I'll break this down. If my kid out there rejects you, he will have unbearable pain for the rest of his life without the option of getting a Second Chance Soulmate. Something he didn't tell you. If you don't want him, fine, but if you want to go that route, live with the pain your damn self. I already have one too many friends going through this shit." Though his face is clear of emotion, his ares are an angry burning grey and his tone could kill.

       Without a word I nod and he takes a few steps back before raising his bat to me. "Smart boy. See you around Elliot." And I watch as he lazily walks away with his bat on his shoulder.

        Man that guy is scary.

        I think I like him.

        I shake my thoughts away as I go to the reception area to talk to Ms. Wendy. The words Ares told me are swirling around in my head and I wish I had more time to go out there and confront Zayvion about it but I don't.

      When I get up to the desk, Ms. Wendy looks up at me with a sad smile but oddly stern eyes as if she doesn't know what to feel at the moment. "What can I do for you, handsome?" She asks me. Well at least we're back on a nickname basis.

        "I'm putting in a call out for tomorrow. I'll be here the next day but I just need to take that ten to six shift off of the schedule." I tell her and she goes to type it in before she looks up probably waiting for my response. I'm not very good at lying so I give her my most deadpanned expression and hope that she catches up on it. "I'll be sick." I tell her and she looks at me a little bit before she finishes typing on the computer.

      "Okay. I'll see you Thursday then." She tells me and I nod and breath a sigh or relief that I don't have to go through all the shit and information I just found out while worrying about work as well.

       I wave goodbye to Ms. Wendy and walk out into the hallway, just in time to see Zay coking down as well.

       We barely glance as each other as we fall into step beside one another and the rest of the day goes like that: the two of us in our own little works as we think about the situation we found ourselves in.

✨✨✨

       For the first time in over the past week, I don't wake up to the sounds of an alarm but rather by myself with my fan whirring above me and my thoughts somewhat calm.

       After I got home from work last night, I went straight to my room and just laid there in the dark, not thinking, just letting myself lay there as I decompressed from the stressful day I had had. As soon as I felt even a little better I fell asleep and was knocked out all night, a rare occurrence for me.

       But now as I wake up I let myself think of everything that's happened over these past few days as I sit up and push myself from my bed.

        I open the door and trudge down the hallway to the kitchen, happily finding Mikey there with a cup of coffee and his phone in hand. I feel a curious gaze in me since I should be getting ready for work and halfway out of the door by now. I go and make myself a cup of tea before I turn around and take my seat on the island across form his until I rise my eyes to meet his curious ones.

       "What happened?" He asks and I blow out a long breath at the loaded question.

        "I told him I knew, almost broke him. Asked some questions, got some answers, called out to make it all make sense before I have to go back to work and face him again." I tell him briefly and he nods at me in understanding. I feel the question that's been brewing in me since yesterday after lunch. "Mike, what happens if someone rejects the soulmate bond?"

        He looks up at me startled and slightly scared as he answers as if he can't believe I asked it. "The person who does it lives with their pain as well as the other person for the rest of their life. They get no happy ending and sometimes loose the will to live. Why don't you know this and why are you asking?"

       "I didn't think I would grow up and have all this shit happen to me!" I tell him in exasperation but also a shit ton of guilt. I felt so excited when Zay claimed that option and here he was ready to give it all up to only make me happy. "Zay offered it as one of my choices if I didn't want to be with him."

        Mike stares at me before shaking his head and sipping his coffee. "That boy is a dumbass. You're not worth it." He says and I glare at him. He laughs before he gestured for me to continue. "What are the other options?"

       "Date him, never see him, friends with benefits and scheduled meetings. I'm leaning more towards the second option if that would make everyone happy." I tell him and he slams his cup down a little hard.

       "Who would it make happy? Zay would probably slowly starve to death, have to let go of his soulmate and what would you do? Try to force yourself to love a girl you can barely stand to be around anymore? You're gonna marry her? I know this is new for you but fucking hell dude. Get your head out of your ass and let go of your pride. You're starting to like him, he's made for you, just give Zay a fucking chance then revisit these options. You're looking for an easy way out that will put things back to normal, but there isn't one. The sooner you realize that and stop torturing the both of you the better."

       I look wide eyes at a clearly upset Michael as he gets up and shake his head at me as he goes to walk out the room. He stops at the entrance and turns his head slightly to the side to look at me.

       "Zay can't be the only one sacrificing here. I'm starting to wonder if he's the one who should be upset over this whole mating thing." He says and the words hit me like a bullet in the chest. And the shit that makes it worse is that he's right. I haven't be sacrificing anything or tried in any capacity because I'm scared. What if we try and shit doesn't work out. What if I break his heart.

        What if I do fall for a guy, fall for Zay, and I actually like it.

         There's so many factors and decisions that go into this one simpler question. What do I do?

         As I go about my day, running errands and cleaning and going for a walk and laying down to take a nap that'd the one thing that keeps echoing in my head. Because as much as I want Mike to be wrong, he's right as always.  I have to stop being a bitch and put in some effort.

         What do I do?

          He's the only one that's even though or talked about trying to make something work even if he would hate it and it would put him in pain. I see why Ares is so protective over him.

         When I lay down that night, my mind is no longer swirling or a sea of regret and fear.

         I know what to do.

~~~~~~~~~~
Okay finally. I'm not going to promise any amount of chapters for Unforgivable I'm just going to write. I love Mike so fucking much. And Ares is daddy. I think Mike and Ares would be good friends.

Thoughts?

Comments?

QOTD: What do you think Elliot is going to say to Zayvion?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.1K 180 25
For the hopeless romantics like myself🤭(start might be a little slow but trust me it's worth it) Scared to feel, scared to love, scared to live. She...
11.2K 405 21
"Greghard "Wolfy" Altman is his name. I hated the guy, I really tried not to hate him but everything about him didn't feel right and him being in our...
1.2M 15.4K 50
Attention: NOT FOR GRAMMAR FREAKS, I REPEAT, NOT FOR GRAMMAR FREAKS or people who likes to correct mistakes. Sorry but it just ruins my fun to write...
769K 31.2K 27
~First book of the Hybrid series~ A vampire and a werewolf have unprotected sex and thus a baby comes along. A hybrid of the two. Sven has lived a l...