soulmark | e. mikaelson

By merylinnemrys

๐˜š๐˜ฉ๐˜ฐ๐˜ธ ๐˜ฎ๐˜ฆ ๐˜ธ๐˜ฉ๐˜ข๐˜ต ๐˜ช๐˜ต'๐˜ด ๐˜ญ๐˜ช๐˜ฌ๐˜ฆ ๐˜ต๐˜ฐ ๐˜ฃ๐˜ฆ ๐˜ต๐˜ธ๐˜ฐ ๐˜ฉ๐˜ข๐˜ญ๐˜ท๐˜ฆ๐˜ด ๐˜ฐ๐˜ง ๐˜ข ๐˜ธ๐˜ฉ๐˜ฐ๐˜ญ๐˜ฆ, ๐˜ข๐˜ฏ๐˜ฅ ๐˜ต๐˜ฆ๐˜ญ๐˜ญ... More

๐ฌ๐จ๐ฎ๐ฅ๐ฆ๐š๐ซ๐ค
๐ฉ๐ซ๐จ๐ฅ๐จ๐ ๐ฎ๐ž
๐€๐‚๐“ ๐Ÿ | Drowning
๐Ÿ | The First Day of School
๐Ÿ | Oh, Brother
๐Ÿ‘ | 8,14,22
๐Ÿ“ | The Supernatural
๐Ÿ” | Bree's Bar
๐Ÿ• | The Tomb
๐Ÿ– | Trick or Treat
๐Ÿ— | Dear Diary
๐Ÿ๐ŸŽ | Gone Girl
๐Ÿ๐Ÿ | Your Love got Me Psycho
๐Ÿ๐Ÿ | Give me a Day
๐Ÿ๐Ÿ‘ | Kat caught your tongue?
๐Ÿ๐Ÿ’ | The Most Wonderful Time of the Year
๐ข๐ง๐ญ๐ž๐ซ๐ฅ๐ฎ๐๐ž | Elijah
๐€๐‚๐“ ๐Ÿ | Drift
๐Ÿ๐Ÿ“ | A Tale from the Soul
๐Ÿ๐Ÿ” | Starlight
๐Ÿ๐Ÿ• |The Lockwolves
๐Ÿ๐Ÿ– | Liar, Liar
๐Ÿ๐Ÿ— | Blue days
๐Ÿ๐ŸŽ | The Big Picture made of a Thousand Pixels
๐Ÿ๐Ÿ| All the ones I care i.
๐Ÿ๐Ÿ| All the ones I care ii.
๐Ÿ๐Ÿ | If only I could slap my mom
rewrite snippet

๐Ÿ’ | Amber

923 38 9
By merylinnemrys

Alyssandra laughed, hiding behind the trunk of a tree.

"I know you're here!" a voice called out, "Come on, Katherine!" Alyssandra leaned next to the tree's trunk, catching a glimpse of a man with brown hair- Stefan?

"I'm over here!" she answered in sing-song. Stefan turned to her direction, a big smile immediately forming in his face. She took a few steps back, smirking. Stefan followed her in a daze.

Inwardly, Aly felt confused. She leaned forward into him, placing a finger on his lips. This was wrong, what was she doing? Stefan was Elena's boyfriend.

"My favorite Salvatore," she whispered. "I'll let you take me if you catch me."

Aly turned, giggling as Stefan's arms wrapped around her torso.

"Well it looks like I've caught you." he laughed, "Well?" he asked, pinning her by the tree. Alyssandra's breath catches. Each passing second was feeling more and more of a betrayal. "Will you let me take you?"

Alyssandra smiled, running a hand through his hair. "Only if you're still there by the morning."

Aly had to miss three days of school.

Well technically, she had to miss two days of school. Mystic Falls High canceled classes for a day in honor of 's death (also because he died so close to the premises). The news had shocked everyone, Elena had even shown her pictures of a mural they had set up for him.

However, Aly couldn't help the feeling of distaste that settled upon her. Everyone had hated , at least the majority of her batchmates did. It felt so odd that now he was dead, everyone all had these stories of how much of a good teacher he was. He wasn't. But she had to agree that he was an excellent coach, and even better at annoying others to do more.

She sat in the middle of their living room. Books and papers were scattered around her as she studied. No way was she going to be left behind class just because of a concussion. She was doing the A.P Chem homework one of her classmates had given her when Jeremy entered. Aly frowned as he looked up to her in surprise. He was supposed to be in school.

"Are you seriously cutting class again?"

"What are you doing awake?"

Aly scowled at his concern. "I'm fine." she insisted. "I just didn't want to miss out on things."

"You're supposed to be resting." Jeremy gave her a look, walking towards their kitchen. "Well, do you want anything?"

"Well I'd really like it if you went to school." Aly huffed. He goes back around a minute later, food and drinks on hand. Aly takes it from him with narrowed eyes. Jeremy was being awfully nice to her.

"I really think you should be resting right now."

"I feel fine." Aly shrugged. She did feel considerately better than she did upon waking up yesterday, no longer feeling extremely fatigued. She'd even say that she felt completely normal, the only thing that bugged her was the shaved part on the back of her head.

Undercuts were becoming a thing nowadays, so it didn't bother her THAT much.

"Tyler asked about you in school." he said, "he asked if he could visit along with your friends later."

Aly winced, "He should have thought about that when-" she trailed off, Tyler had hit Jeremy first in a hissy fit, jealous of her brother's relationship(?) with Vicki. She didn't want to bring that up. "It's a no."

"I told him as much," he said. Jeremy's face morphed into confusion, leaning over to her. "Is that a tattoo?" He pointed his hand to the blackened ᛖᛚᛇᚨᚺ on her wrist, to which Aly clapped her hand to. She gave it a rub.

"Y-yeah." she stuttered out, nodding. "Pretty neat, huh?" It wasn't. Nobody else had seen the mark except for Jeremy and Sheila. She was wearing long sleeves, however. Maybe they haven't noticed because of her clothes. She'll just have to regularly wear concealer to hide it better.

"I don't think Jenna will like that." Her brother shrugged. "Well, Imma heading out. See you later. Don't do anything too tiring, alright?"

~ soulmark ~

"Thank you so much for coming and helping out, Alyssandra." Carol Lockwood gave her a pleased smile as she entered their mansion. It's a day before the Founder's Party and Alyssandra had offered her services in making sure all of the historical artifacts were intact and labeled properly. She had asked Carol earlier that week if it was alright if she were the one who went around town for the loans, but Carol declined.

Well, she didn't, but Carol requested that Tyler went around with her, then Aly declined.

"It's no problem, ." It really wasn't, if there was one thing Aly had loved doing, it was tinkering with antiques. This was as close as she could get.

Looking at the artifacts reminded her so much of her Dad. Grayson would take them to different parts of the Smithsonian at least once a year. So far, they have gone to 6 and her favorite was the National Air and Space Museum. Until now she could still hear his voice as he spoke about them in the same confident voice he always used whenever he explained something.

"Oh please, Alice. With all the help you've done, you can call me Carol." Carol gave her another smile. Aly tried not to wince at the nickname, her parents used to call her that a lot when she was little. "Were you able to find the pocket watch? Your sister said it got lost."

Aly shook her head, "I wasn't." she lied. Though it did cause a huge argument the other day, after some talking, Elena had yielded and gave Jeremy the pocket watch. It was his heirloom, an old Gilbert tradition. Even Aly had disagreed with the chances of never getting it back. Aly thought Jeremy deserved something from their dad, something that might trigger him to think of the future. "It's probably in the lakehouse," she added. "We went there a couple of times earlier this year. I'm really sorry, Carol."

Carol pursed her lips, "Well that's such a shame." a shrug "There's always next year," another smile. "You know the way?"

"Yep."

Aly's strive for social standing mostly stemmed from her mother, however. Miranda loved everything that had to do with the Founders. She would often enlist all three of them to multiple events and occasions, either for voluntary work or extra credit. It was only proper, she would often tell them. Years of knowledge and innovations culminating together through the Founding Family.

It was nice on paper, Aly thought, as she began reading through descriptions. Her mother had called it 'An enriched society', Alyssandra had called it sketchy; an elite club of old white men gathering together over their shared gathered resources, but people weren't ready for that conversation.

Aly had to give it to her ancestors though, looking at their family's innovations. She had no idea what they did, besides being pretty. Her parents never let her read the entire Gilbert journals for context, something about being too young. Perhaps now she could, no one would stop her.

Something caught her eye, however, just as she fixed the layout of the artifacts. A box, to be precise. Aly found herself staring at it intently. She briefly looked at its label, frowning upon realizing there was nothing there, she picked it up. She curiously opened it, a sudden suspense settling in her chest. It dissipated as she realized there was nothing there.

Sighing, Aly practically tossed it back from where she got it from, putting her attention back to the other antiques she was supposed to label after. However, her head quickly snapped back to the box as it let out an unsuspecting crack. Gaping, Aly's hand flew to it immediately. She mentally cursed herself, she should have known better. She did know better. Luckily it didn't seem like it held any importan-

Aly blinked, something shiny reflected off from the light in the room. She had broken some kind of secret compartment in the box upon throwing it. Carefully this time, Aly picked the item up. It was some sort of amber jewel, adorned by iron. Clunky, she thought as she held it. But still very pretty. Looking back at the box, she quickly fixed it up. Thankfully it still closed, and she idly placed it back from where she got it from.

Aly wondered why this antique wasn't being showcased as she weighed the item on her hand. There was a voice inside her mind telling her to put it back, but for some reason she found herself ignoring it, putting the jewel inside her pocket. If Carol didn't have a label for it, she probably wouldn't miss it, she rationalized.

It's not like any artifacts in the room were of Lockwood property, anyways.

Aly had come to the party the next day all alone. Elena went with Stefan, and they were now officially a couple. Bonnie had unexpectedly bailed on her after their talk of coming to the Founder's Party together. Aly had noticed that her friend had become distant lately, they'll have to talk about that for some time.

Already in the inner depths of the party, Aly saw Caroline along with Josh, a very hot senior that she knew had a girlfriend. Aly snickered, knowing fully well that her friend just had to get someone.

After getting herself well acquainted with the people around (tagging herself along behind Carol, of course). Aly excused herself, finding herself just outside of the Lockwood Mansion, getting some air. Her eyes meet up with Tyler Lockwood, who seemed to be trying to calm down one Vicki Donovan to no avail. He made a move to come closer but Aly quickly rushed back inside.

"Who was that?" asked a now-familiar voice, "Ex-boyfriend?"

Aly could have sighed, but it would make a bad image. "None of your business." she glared, "None of my business, either," she said in afterthought. The entire Tyler Lockwood situation had gotten out of hand, especially now that he was after the same girl her brother liked.

Damon cooed, "Sounds enticing."

"I placed a pin on it." she shrugged, "It's hardly anything."

"That's cold."

"What?" Aly scoffed at his look, "Expecting to hear my entire life story?"

"An eye for an eye?" he asked, raising up an arm. Aly begrudgingly liked hers with his. Elena and Stefan's new relationship was rocky, especially since Damon looked like he was still hooked up over the girl they had dated before. He was adamant on letting the new couple get to know each other better, and if there's anything she knew, it was that the third wheelers had the power to break everything. It seemed like he wanted to do just that, too.

"He's not really my ex anything," Aly explained, keeping her voice light. "We were friends, screwed around. Feelings were caught and he got hurt."

"Very cold." Damon said sagely, "Hmm, I have a question for you; I'm guessing you're not the type to do the whole feelings thing."

"That's not it." she denied, "That wasn't a question, by the way. But I always thought that before anyone should enter any sort of-" she paused, trying to find the right word, "commitment, they should think it through. Or at least, be sure about each other- before anyone gets hurt. I don't know." she shrugged.

"Definitely not the type to do the whole feelings thing." He had led them outside. Damon suddenly twisted her around, grabbing her by the waist as they began to dance.

"You're pretty good at that."

"You're not so bad yourself."

"So what is it?" she asked, "What's your deal with ruining Stefan's relationships?" Damon gave her a look, Aly shrugged. "An eye for an eye, you said."

He let out an exaggerated sigh, "It's called accountability. Stefan did something that seriously, seriously hurt my feelings and there he pretends-" he spun her around, they ended with Stefan up on her line of sight, "that everything's okay. You know, he didn't even apologize."

Aly looked back to him, a frown settling on her face. She wondered if he'd tell her what exactly did Stefan do that made him vengeful. "Can't be that bad since you're still on talking terms." Aly pointed out, but she gave him another look. "Or is that your grand plan, annoying him into apologizing?"

Damon smirked, "Kind of."

"Let me guess," she continued, thinking about Elena's rants about a certain Katherine. "There was a girl involved."

For a moment, the smirk fell off his face, and his smile looked more like a grimace. "Kind of."

Speak of the devil and there he comes. Stefan walked towards them with Elena on hand. Her sister gave her a mischievous look, eyeing her and Damon. Aly made an exaggeratedly rolled her eyes.

"Alyssandra, Damon." Stefan greeted, "I didn't know you came in together."

"Oh we didn't," answered Damon, he made a move of grabbing her hand and kissing it. Aly now knew it was all for the show. It was to get on Stefan's nerves. "I just saw how lovely she looked today and simply couldn't resist. Did you do something different with your curls?"

Aly couldn't help but grin, she did like getting complimented. Her hair was tied up in a half up-do like Elena's, though she strategically hid her concussion stitches. She had fixed her curls that day, making sure it looked extra bouncy. She had matched Elena's pink dress with blue. "Nothing out of the ordinary." she smirked, cutely inclining her head.

"Well, you certainly look absolutely beautiful." Except Damon was no longer looking at her, instead he gave Elena a smile. Aly hoped her sister was smart enough to get away from the crossfire. "There's a certain allure to twins, isn't there?"

This time Aly did sigh, swatting Damon's hand away. "You have no idea how much we get that." she frowned. Elena didn't look pleased either. Neither did Stefan, but that was kind of the point.

Aly rolled her eyes, making a move to swoop her and Elena away so Stefan and Damon can resume whatever drama they had without them. But her eye caught Bonnie Bennett instead, chatting along with one of the guests, dressed in creamy white. She hurriedly excused herself from the trio, wanting to talk to her friend.

"Bonnie!" she called out, "Hey, I thought you weren't coming."

Bonnie bit her lip- a bad sign already. "Hey," she gave her a small smile. "Yeah, I- uh, I changed my mind."

Bonnie fell silent immediately, standing there awkwardly. Aly blinked. "Is there something wrong?" she asked, an uneasy curl settled on her stomach. "Did I say something?"

It didn't happen as much as Caroline's bluntness, but there were times when Aly did let her mouth run over. Especially whenever she got excited or passionate about something. Usually she'd tone it down around her friends, though.

"No," Bonnie denied, shaking her head. "It's nothing, really." she lightened up slightly, offering a small smile but she quickly fell silent once more, looking at anywhere but her. Aly almost took a step back, hurt.

"Maybe we can talk-"

"No." she answered quickly, holding up a hand. "I have to go-" another forced smile, "I'll see you around, Alyssandra."

Alyssandra, Bonnie had called her. It also meant; Hi, I'm being extra formal with you because I don't want to associate with you. Feeling defeated, Aly watched as Bonnie walked away.

Aly wrecked her brain for possible reasons Bonnie would avoid her. The last time they talked properly was when her friends had come over after the first football game. Other than that...

Had Sheila said something to her? It was possible. But Aly hadn't even come up to her since her reading. Aly felt her stomach sink. Her talk with Aunt Jenna had led to nowhere, perhaps it was time to give Grams a visit. The thought of Bonnie's grandmother potentially telling Bonnie to stay away from her didn't calm her, their conversation had been cold, but surely she wasn't mad at her- or something?

Aly tiredly ran her hand through her face, her few sweet moments of normalcy had returned back to confusion. Life has been so odd since the beginning of the school year. Taking a deep breath, Aly made a mental note of talking to Sheila Bennett soon.

She'll just have to wrap it around her schedule.

~ soulmark ~

Finding Vicki Donovan inside their bathroom upon waking up was not how Aly expected her day to begin. Once again, she had trouble sleeping that night, constantly waking up from being plagued with nightmares. Aly visibly scowled. Suffice to say, she was in a bad mood.

"I'm sorry," the girl tried to apologize, "I'm almost done."

Aly's mind flashed back to the football game, and she winced upon feeling phantom pain from hitting her head. "Whatever." Aly shut the bathroom door herself, feeling exasperated. At least she didn't wake up from any nightly rendezvous they did that night. Or maybe the repeated banging she heard in her dream was actually from Jeremy's room. She shivered, banishing the thought away, that was NOT how she wanted to start the day.

Downstairs, Elena and Jenna were already chilling in the kitchen. They had the tv on as background noise. Attack near Lockwood Mansion! The animal still at large! it read. Aly snorted, wondering what could the officials possibly do upon catching the animal. It was an animal. Their entire gig was about hunting and eating prey.

Nobody had died this time though, to which everyone was thankful. Aly thought it'll do more good if they just sent the animal into captivity, though by the looks of it, said animal would receive death upon capture.

"Vicki Donovan's fucking our brother." Aly announced.

Elena actually gasped at the news, Jenna looked mildly surprised. "Language," her aunt chastised "-and yes, I'm aware." Aly took a seat on their dining table, grumpily giving herself a bowl of cereal. "He could do better, you know, sneak her in and out through the door. At least they were quiet, small mercies, you know?" she gave her a pained smile, "By the way, can you cook tonight? I won't be here for dinner."

"Yeah sure. Wait- why? Are you going somewhere?"

"Aunt Jenna finally agreed on going out with Logan Fell." Her sister replied, giving Jenna a playful smile.

Aly instantly made a face, remembering all the stories their aunt had told them about the man. "I don't approve."

"I'm going to show up and torture him." Jenna explained, because of course she will. "How about you, Elena?" Jenna looked at Elena in revenge, "Heard from Stefan lately?"

Elena sat down next to her, grabbing a bowl of cereal herself. "Not since he left that message three days ago. How am I supposed to know what Damon's up to?" she tells them. Elena cleared her throat, then did a very bad impression of the young Salvatore.

"How about you, Aly?" Jenna gave her a look, "Heard from Damon lately?"

Aly shrugged, taking a large gulp of milk. "Nope." she popped the p, "He just talks to me to bug Stefan about Elena."

Jenna cringed, "Ugh- those guys are the worst."

"He's not talking to you because you're my twin." Elena rolled her eyes, "I think he genuinely likes you."

Alyssandra actually laughed at that, "What? How do you know that?"

"I've talked to him!" she defended, Aly gave her a look. "He talked to me during the Founder's Party."

"And you believe him?"

"I just think there's more to Damon than what meets the eye." Elena explained. Aly's bewildered expression became comical. "He just- functions differently."

"He radiates asshole energy!"

"It's just what I think." Elena sighed, "You know, between him and Stefan and-" she pursed her lips, "Katherine."

"Right," Aly muttered, "Katherine."

Another odd thing Aly had to check out, thinking of her dreams with the Salvatore brothers with a girl named Katherine. She had thought of visiting Sheila tomorrow after the Sexy Studs Car Wash, surely she'll get her answers by then.

Elena and Aly arrived at school together that day. However, the two soon took their separate ways as soon as class started. Stefan had stopped cutting class, much to Aly's surprise. He was very present during A.P Biology (she didn't know he took A.P Biology- but it looks like he was). At first, Aly didn't spare him much thought, besides a smile and a wave. But that quickly changed when he began raising his hand as much as hers, he even went as far as answering her uncanny questions. Ms. Weilham didn't like that.

Friendly, she thought Stefan was being uncharacteristically friendly and un-mopey.

"Where did you learn that?" Aly demanded as soon as they left class.

Stefan let out a light chuckle. "I can ask you the same," he said like he was being smart. "The relationship between chemoreception and visual synesthesia? What did you expect her to answer?"

"Something close to what you said." She narrowed her eyes at him. "Seriously though? Did you get that from the Salvatore library? I want that study."

"I could give it to you later?" he stopped his walk, "Actually I just saw it around Zach's study. His parents were psychiatrists? I think."

"Really?" Aly looked at him in surprise. "I didn't know that."

Stefan shrugged. "He's a very private guy."

"And what do you mean about 'later'?" Aly raised a brow. This time, Stefan smiled.

"Well, I was wondering if I could drop by after class and surprise Elena with some Chicken Parmesan- Jeremy told me that it was her favorite." he quickly rushed at her look. "Funnily enough it's also Damon's favorite. You haven't seen him around, have you?"

Aly shook her head no, she hasn't seen the older Salvatore brother since the Founder's Party. She was about to ask him why when she thought better of it. Aly wanted nothing to do with whatever issue they had going on. It was better if she let that can of worms stay closed.

Aly gave him a once over, his intentions seemed pure enough. It'll mean that she can head straight to Jenny's later for band practice. Aly hummed. "Alright," she conceded. "You're allowed to come over to our house later. Only!" she held up a finger, "And only if you also make bake-mac because I love bake-mac."

Stefan grinned, and Aly thought it suited him more than the sad look he wore each day. "Chicken Parmesan and Bake-mac, then."

~ soulmark ~

"What about Calypso Bar & Grill?"

"Ugh- out of town? It's too far away."

"Isn't that near Virginia Beach? I'm game with that."

"What about our gear?

"Hello? Virginia Beach? We can chill out after."

Aly grinned as she watched Nick and Jenny bicker. Judging by the unconcerned looks on Sarah and Jamie's faces, this was a regular occurrence. Throughout the entire session, she watched them banter back and forth. There was definitely something going on there, Aly knew tension when she saw it.

Aly comfortably sunk herself lower down the bean bag, a hot cup of choco on hand. Since all of their gigs had been Mystic Falls based, the gang wanted to do an outing out of town. Aly didn't mind going that far off state, it's been a while since she traveled anywhere.

"Jam! What do you think?" Nick called loudly.

Jamie half-shrugged, "I'm alright with whatever, man." He gave Aly a look.

"Well," she began. "Say we do go to Virginia Beach- do we even know someone from the bars there? Ins? Outs? We can't just waltz in and play."

"Exactly!"

"Well obviously we'll talk to them first."

Aly couldn't help herself, she bursted out into tiny fits of laughter.

"I think my dad knows someone!" Sarah offered. Her dad actually worked under a local record label company just outside Mystic Falls. "Maybe not Virginia Beach, but I can talk to them about it."

Jenny gave her a relieved nod. "That sounds like a plan." She glared at Nick a little. "Maybe sometime during October? Before Halloween."

Nick huffed, "What- like a theme?"

Aly thought of the same thing. It was cute, she supposed. But it wasn't really her style. Jenny gave him another glare. "No."

They ended up taking another 30 minutes talking and planning about future gigs. Aly mostly just listened, finding no reason to contribute. She was mostly alright with whatever decision they'll make, wanting to get out of town herself. Once they were done talking, she stood up and stretched.

"Need another ride home?" Jamie asked as they got out. It was almost dark, the sky filled with orange and reds. Aly took note that it was relatively windy.

She was about to agree when she sees Damon casually leaning against a tree, black leather clad. Jamie followed her line of sight and he grimaced, "Right."

Aly gave him a pat on the back, "I'll see you around, Jam."

"What a puppy." Damon snarked as she walked over. He looked undeniably tense, his jaw was taut, and the normal playful tone his voice took on sounded more like a snarl. Aly frowned, feeling concerned. Stefan had been looking non-stop for his brother.

"Where have you been?" she couldn't help but ask, "Your brother's so worried-"

Damon roughly grasped her shoulders, and her vision quickly blurred- making a nauseated feeling overwhelm her. Aly gasped out as it stopped, disoriented. She couldn't help but push him away, except he wouldn't budge. His hands remained on her arms, and he wouldn't let her move. They have gone over the suburbs. Her mind barely registered that she was now in the forest.

"Where is it?" he hissed. If looks could kill, Aly would've been dead ten times over now. She repeatedly tried to get herself out of his grasp- but it just didn't work. No matter how hard she struggled, it just didn't work. He pinned her hands against the tree.

"I don't-"

"Don't play stupid!" he roared out, "I know you have it- you were there before Founder's Day-"

"-Damon, let go of me!"

"Not until you give it back!"

"I never took anything!"

"Listen here you little witch-" He roughly pushed her back against the tree, Aly gasped out. "The amber jewel! Big! Clunky! The talisman!"

"I- what the fuck is a talisman!" Aly's heart rattled against her chest, she had tears streaming out her eyes in high stress. This was a complete one-eighty from the Damon she had met. Then again, she had only known him for a couple of weeks, she had no idea what he was like.

He had been following her! Stalking her! She had no idea what he was truly like!

Aly's mysterious dreams circled around her head, and she couldn't help but whimper- trying to swallow in the sobs that wanted to escape her throat. He gripped her by the neck- she cried out as he pulled, and pulled, and pulled.

Damon swore loudly, punching the tree- just mere inches away from her head. Alyssandra flinched. He finally let go of her wrist, and she finds herself falling directly to the ground, taking in quick gasps of breath. Her legs were jelly. Aly's mind screamed at her to move- to run, but her entire body flushed hot and cold.

Her throat constricted on its own. She flailed in panic. She couldn't breathe.

Just like that, a switch had been flipped. Damon crouched near her, holding her almost.

"Hey- hey." Damon held her close. "Breathe."

"I- I can't-"

Drowning. She was drowning once more. Grayson- her dad, oh god- tried to reach out to her. Aly tried to reach out her hand- She choked.

"Yes you can," he reassured, running circles on her back. He lightly rocked her back and forth. "I'm sorry." He murmured. Her mind probably made it up, but then he apologized again as she cried out- holding her head. Visions went past her mind- she could hardly distinguish them from one another anymore.

Damon held her head, his hand engulfing hers. They were both on the ground now, she realized with detachment. "Aly, come on. Breathe with me, okay?"

He listened to the sound of his voice, sweet nothings. Forcefully, she tried to match his breathing. "That's it. That's good."

Aly had rested her head against his, there was still this overlining feeling of wrongness that passed through her. He had scared her shitless! But at the same time, her mind seemed unable to grasp anything.

"There we go." He said, after a while. His voice was painfully soft. "Now, come on, let's try again."

Aly's breath hitched.

"You're safe." He reassured. Damon brought her eyes up to his. "You're safe now, okay? I just need you-" his voice cracked, and for a moment tears seemed to swell on his eyes. "You- I just need you to tell me where the amber jewel is."

"Drink, darling." He said, eyes sad. "It'll be alright. You're safe."

Aly tried to find her voice. She swallowed bile down. "I- the box?"

"Yes!" his eyes regained it's manic gleam, "Yes." He repeated, softer this time, as though to not scare her. It was too late for that, she thought. "Do you have it?"

Alyssandra's mind went back to the day before the Founder's Party. She vaguely remembered the jewel that she took for no reason. For some reason, she felt oddly defensive of it. Her mouth was about to form the word 'no' when she pressed her hands against her eyes. "It- it's in my house." She whispered.

"Okay," he gently held her up. "Alright."

Aly looked at her surroundings, it was already dark. They were in the forest. How? What had Damon done? "What did you do to me?"

"Let's get you back home." He ignored her question. The same nauseated feeling swept her, and she was suddenly inside her own room. Aly could have gaped, but she clammed up once more. Instead, Aly watched as Damon went through her room, going through her things. Aly thought that he'd be rougher and throw stuff to the floor. But he didn't.

Aly's head whipped from the window (it was open) and back to him. Was this some sort of magic? How had they managed to get there? She wanted to ask- needed to ask. But she couldn't find it in herself to speak.

He took out her memory box, and Aly was about to protest. NO! Damon pulled out the clunky jewel that she had gotten from the Lockwood Mansion in relief.

"Don't take that!"

Aly suddenly lunged towards him, making a move to grab and hide it once more. But Damon merely twisted away, holding it up.

"Don't make me hurt you again." He warned, pocketing the artifact.

Her bedroom door opened, and Aly was even more surprised upon seeing Stefan right there. Aly couldn't help feeling distrust settle upon her. Was he like his brother? His face fell into horror upon seeing them, and he was about to lunge to Damon when Elena's voice rang up the stairs.

"Stefan, what are you doing-" Stefan made a move to his brother, but it was as though Aly had blinked, one moment he was there and the next he was gone."-up here. Aly, you're here."

She didn't know what to say, she stared at the spot where Damon was. "Aly, are you okay?"

She wasn't. She really wasn't. Once again Alyssandra had no idea what just happened, except this time it was more threatening. Life-threatening? Damon wouldn't actually kill her, would he? Aly felt a bile form on her throat, she had the strangest feeling of mixed deja vu and paranoia.

"Everything's fine." Stefan suddenly spoke up, but he still looked at Aly worriedly. "Aly fell through the window. Did you- did you hit your head again?" He asked, coming up to her. Aly took a step back, frightened. Disappointment flashed through Stefan's features. "I'm sorry for cutting this short, Elena. But I just remembered that Uncle Zach asked me to get something from the hardware."

Just like that, Stefan trailed out of her room with Elena escorting him out. Aly still stared at Damon's spot in shock. She stayed there until Elena went back inside her room, it turns out she didn't buy Stefan's act at all.

"Are you okay?"

How was she supposed to answer that? Damon had attacked her, he then comforted her after triggering a panic attack, whisked her away to her house, her bedroom, before ruffling her things, all because of a- a- trinket?

Aly knew that anything she said would sound crazy. She winced as a sudden throb made its way through her head.

"Alyssandra?" Elena walked up to her, concern written on her features. She looked at her sister's face, their face, eyes wide. What could she possibly say?

Forcing herself to speak, Aly gave her sister a small smile."I- I hit my head through the window when I snuck in." lie "I didn't want to bother you two."

Elena bought it, carefully placing her hands on her head. She tutted, inspecting it. "Do you feel dizzy?" she asked. Aly shook her head no. "Well if something comes up you tell me, alright?"

"Yeah." Aly murmured, watching as Elena's hand fall. She made her way back downstairs, probably to fix up the dinner table. "Elena? Can I sleep with you tonight?"

Elena turned back, surprised. A frown had settled on her face, no doubt worried over what shenanigans her younger twin was up to. Aly gave her another smile.

"Of course." Elena answered softly, "Anytime."

Edited: December 2, 2020

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

828K 25.3K 75
โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ” โ› ๐’”๐’Š๐’™ ๐’‡๐’†๐’†๐’• ๐’–๐’๐’…๐’†๐’“ โœ โซ โŸจ ๐–ฉ๐–ค๐–ฑ๐–ค๐–ฌ๐–ธ ๐–ฆ๐–จ๐–ซ๐–ก๐–ค๐–ฑ๐–ณ ๐—‘ ๐–ช๐–ฎ๐–ซ ๐–ฌ๐–จ๐–ช๐– ๐–ค๐–ซ๐–ฒ๐–ฎ๐–ญ โŸฉ โ– ๊’ฐเฐŽ โ› ๐—๐—ˆ๐— ๐–ผ๐–บ๐—‡ ๐—’๐—ˆ๐—Ž ๐’…๐’Š๐’† ๐—Œ๏ฟฝ...
5K 269 9
๐œ—๐œš ๐จ๐ฎ๐ซ ๐ฌ๐จ๐ฎ๐ฅ๐ฌ ๐ฐ๐ž๐ซ๐ž ๐›๐จ๐ฎ๐ง๐ ๐Ÿ๐ซ๐จ๐ฆ ๐ญ๐ก๐ž ๐›๐ž๐ ๐ข๐ง๐ง๐ข๐ง๐  ๐œ—๐œš
98.2K 2.3K 85
"๐™ต๐š˜๐š›๐šŽ๐šŸ๐šŽ๐š› ๐š’๐šœ ๐šŠ ๐š•๐š˜๐š—๐š ๐š๐š’๐š–๐šŽ, ๐š‹๐šž๐š ๐™ธ ๐š ๐š˜๐šž๐š•๐š๐š—'๐š ๐š–๐š’๐š—๐š ๐šœ๐š™๐šŽ๐š—๐š๐š’๐š—๐š ๐š’๐š ๐š‹๐šข ๐šข๐š˜๐šž๐š› ๐šœ๐š’๐š๐šŽ." {๐™ด๐š•๐š’๐š“๐šŠ๐š‘ ๐™ผ๐š’๐š”๐šŠ๐šŽ...
419K 8.9K 34
โ๐—ช๐—ฒ ๐—•๐—ฒ๐—น๐—ผ๐—ป๐—ดโž โœง เณƒเผ„ ๐–ถ๐—‚๐—‡๐–พ ๐—Œ๐—๐–บ๐—‚๐—‡๐–พ๐–ฝ ๐—๐–พ๐–พ๐—๐— ๐–บ๐—‡๐–ฝ ๐–ป๐—…๐—ˆ๐—ˆ๐–ฝ๐—Œ๐—๐—ˆ๐— ๐–พ๐—’๐–พ๐—Œ ๐–ณ๐—๐—‚๐—‡๐—„ ๐—๐–พ'๐—‹๐–พ ๐–ป๐—ˆ๐—๐— ๐–ฟ๐—Ž๐–ผ๐—„๐–พ๐–ฝ ๐—Ž๐—‰ ๐–บ๐—‡๐–ฝ...