The Billionaire's Extraordina...

By island_rose

No one deserves to be stuck in a complicated love triangle with their arranged husband and his girlfriend, es... More

Chapter 1: Black Sheep Of The Family
Chapter 2: An Unwelcome Change
Chapter 3: Meeting The Billionaire and His Girlfriend
Chapter 4: Life's A Mess
Chapter 5: The Wedding Reception
Chapter 6: Sleeping Beauty And Prince Charming
Chapter 7: Prince Charming Or Bipolar Beast?
Chapter 8: Solo Beach Picnic
Chapter 10: Deep Blue Underworld
Chapter 11: Tears He Doesn't Deserve
Chapter 12: The One Who Cares
Chapter 13: Nick, Hugs, Surprises and Plans
Chapter 14: Catching Feelings
Chapter 15: Broken Promises
Chapter 16: Undecided
Chapter 17: An Arguementative Liberty
Chapter 18: A Taste Of His Own Medicine
Chapter 19: Husband and Wife Secrets
Chapter 20: Finding Common Ground
Chapter 21: The Special Friendzone
Chapter 22: Memory Imprints
Chapter 23: Insecurities
Chapter 24: Untamed
Chapter 25: The Unforseen
Chapter 26: The Innocent Victims
Chapter 27: Mom Knows Best
Chapter 28: Gambling With My Life
Chapter 29: Blazing Sting
Chapter 30: Losing All Sanity
Chapter 31: Opportunities Unleashed
Chapter 32: Saving Grace
Chapter 33: A Passion For Escape
Chapter 34: Bittersweet Reunion
Chapter 35: Steamy And Unforgettable
Chapter 36: Sizzling Sensations
Chapter 37: Sweet To Sour
Chapter 38: The More The Merrier
Chapter 39: The Art Of Pleasure
Chapter 40: Sticking Together
Chapter 41: Overwhelming Emotions
Chapter 42: Fulfilling Desires
Chapter 43: What Is Love?
Chapter 44: Too Late?
Chapter 45: Misunderstandings
Chapter 46: No Saint
Chapter 47: Fought Battles
Chapter 48: The Prowess Of A Wife
Chapter 49: Melting Softly
Chapter 50: Intimacy
Chapter 51: Plans Gone Awry
Chapter 52: Tricked And Punished
Chapter 53: Without Wishing
Chapter 54: Sweet Distraction
Chapter 55: Brazilian Encounter
Chapter 56: High Hopes
Chapter 57: Steamy Escapade
Chapter 58: Goodbyes
Chapter 59: I Love You
Chapter 60: Deep Inside
Chapter 61: Blazing Flame
Chapter 62: The Unexpected
Chapter 63: Sexy Seductress
Chapter 64: Suspicious Mistakes
Chapter 65: Eventful Friday
Chapter 66: Drunk In Love
Chapter 67: Passionate Intimacy
Chapter 68: The Prowess Of A Husband
Chapter 69: Late Night Call
Chapter 70: Deep In Love
Chapter 71: Favourite Addiction
Chapter 72: Apart And Distraught
Chapter 73: Pillow Talk
Chapter 74: You're Mine
Chapter 75: Mysterious Package And Setup
Chapter 76: Broken Hearts
Chapter 77: Heartbreaking Moments
Chapter 78: Stay With Me
Chapter 79: Broken And Empty
Chapter 80: Threats And Changes
Chapter 81: Ugly Confrontation
Chapter 82: The Game Has Changed
Chapter 83: Strength And Resilience
Chapter 84: Truths Revealed
Chapter 85: Mission Accomplished
Chapter 86: Happy Place
Chapter 87: Unquenchable Desire
Chapter 88: Perfect Match
Chapter 89: Forever Yours
Author's Note
Epilogue

Chapter 9: Unplanned Laughs, Wishes and Memories

52.1K 2.1K 405
By island_rose

Jayden's POV

"I loved the dress you wore in the morning and the outfit you are currently wearing shows off your body. It's fierce sexy," I honestly told her and her reaction was priceless.

Her jaw was left hanging open and those gorgeous eyes of hers blinked with pure awe and amusement. I kinda liked this eye contact thing with her.

For real she looked drop dead gorgeous. I had no idea if she had worn the sky blue dress in the morning to impress me or not. Either way I was impressed.

Even her current outfit was on fire. Whoever she'd end up falling in love with would be damn lucky.

"Very funny indeed. You always want to tease me, Jayden Montero," she pouted.

There was something about the way she said my name that I liked. Something I couldn't understand just like how I didn't even understand how I wanted to treat her and how close I wanted us to get.

"You always think I'm joking yet I'm serious."

"Blah blah blah. It's getting late. We should get going," she cut the long story shot then started walking picking up her pace.

Her footprints on the sand were cute. The way she pouted was cute. The way she argued was cute. Why on earth was I suddenly back to all the cuteness stuff especially with my contract wife?

I caught up with her then started walking next to her though I could tell she was trying her best to get ahead of me.

"You know we like live on the seaside on the beach but you chose to walk off for about thirty minutes to get down here," I remarked trying to build a conversation.

"I love the beach and walking on the sand is something I love doing. I also saw on a map I was using that there's this part they call the core so I wanted to be at the core of the beach where the waves are loudest," she explained as the wind tossed her hair.

"Hmm. Quite a contradiction to your personality. You are like quiet but you like loud stuff."

"It's loud and peaceful," she replied trying to keep her hair from blocking her vision.

I just nodded then we continued to the villa and dropped off her stuff. We then went to the dining pavilion where I had planned dinner for us, just an ordinary dinner for two normal people.

We both sat at the dining table which gave a perfect view of the dancing fountain outside and a magical night with twinkling stars scattered across the sky and a bright moon illuminating its bright light.

Everything was perfectly set and the smile on Kyra's face as she looked around confirmed I had done a great job.

I didn't want to put a lot of effort into this because I'd end up thinking of stuff like roses, candles and all the stuff I was used to doing for Kylie.

I didn't want to send off the wrong message to Kyra. I didn't want to give her false hopes of a possibility of an 'us' ever happening.

I had prepared Greek salad with grilled chicken in pita pockets. Monica had taught Kyle and I how to man up this dish one summer when we were all bored and she had done an excellent job.

I served the food and gave her her plate then took mine as well. There was a bottle of wine on the table from their company. It was one of the best.

"Wow. You cooked this?" she asked looking at her food. Yeah yeah, it looked delicious and it even smelled glorious.

"Yup," I replied and she looked at me with an amused look.

"What?" I asked in confusion.

"So you actually cook. Interesting. I thought you only do the office stuff and you don't exactly have time and patience for all this stuff."

"And what made you think so?" I asked and she chuckled.

"Some billionaire thing I guess," she replied shrugging her shoulders.

"I never pegged you for the stereotyping material. I'm different," I mimicked her earning a fit of laughter from her.

That was a genuine laugh and for the record her eyes were filled with joy.

"Geez, I sound nothing like that. You suck at voices," she laughed.

"So let the pro show us how it's done," I challenged.

"Fine. Wait. Lemme think," she replied recovering from her laughing fit and she looked up as if she was flipping the pages of some memory book.

She suddenly looked back at me as if a bell had rung in her mind then she smiled brightly.

"Princess, you need an optometrist," she mimicked me trying her best to make her sweet and soft voice manly.

Oh my God! That was about the funniest thing I had ever heard in my entire lifetime and it made me laugh like really laugh and she joined me.

"Okay so voices aren't for everyone. We finally have one thing in common so far," I chortled and she looked at me and smiled.

"We both suck at voices," we both said in unison with wide grins on our faces.

What on earth was this girl doing to me? I was suddenly doing stuff I had never imagined myself doing in this lifetime especially with her.

Realising how awkward everything was, we both started eating the food pretending to forget the little funny drama we had performed not so long ago.

"Wine?" I offered after a short while.

"No thanks."

"Why? You don't like wine? I've realised you never drink even at the wedding reception you barely finished a glass," I said pouring myself a glass.

"Sadly, I'm a terrible lightweight and once I get drunk I do stuff that is shockingly out if this world," she confessed smiling sheepishly.

"So you never drink?" I asked.

"I do drink but once in a while."

"This won't get you drunk. It's not that alcoholic," I offered again.Weirdly I wanted to see her do 'shockingly out of this world' stuff.

"I still don't trust myself so please don't tempt me," she declined then I nodded and put the bottle away from her.

Weird for a Casella compared to how heavyweight both of her siblings were and the fact that they owned a legacy in that field.

"Juice then? Apple? Carrot? Orange?Pomegranate?"

"Definitely not carrot juice. I have some horrible history with it. Pomegranate will do," she replied and I served her some from the fridge.

Watching her eat was something I'd do the whole day because she just had this unique aspect that made everything about her amusing. I realised that she stopped eating and her cheeks were heated up.

"Will you quit staring at me. I can't swallow anything with you watching me like that."

"Why are you shy?" I just found myself asking her.

"I'm not shy," she replied fidgeting with her fork avoiding any eye contact.

"You can't even take one compliment."

"I can," she argued shooting her gaze at me. She was definitely the feisty type.

"Oh really? God, you are one of the most beautiful women I've ever met in my life, Princess," I teased her and her face turned into a tomato then she immediately covered her face with her hands.

I noticed she had her wedding ring on her finger. I was wearing a ring Kylie had bought for me. I didn't even know where my wedding ring was.

"What's wrong with you today? Will you quit teasing me?" she gushed her hands now on the table and her face down.

"You see? You are crazy shy."

"Yeah yeah, I know you don't like shy girls. You are into the fierce sexy type of women who are outgoing and adventurous," she sighed.

"Do you wish to be someone else?"

"No. Not at all. I'm content with who I am. I don't really fancy the idea of pretending to be someone who I'm not or copying someone else's style," she admitted.

"That's good. I like people who are original and stick to their principles. If that's your nature then it's amazing," I told her and she gave me a small smile then continued eating.

The mood had slightly changed and we were now focusing more on enjoying the food. Talking to Kyra was fun. Her thoughts were unique and interesting.

We finished up eating then we had molten chocolate cake for dessert. I almost forgot the agenda of this whole dinner thing.

"I want to talk to you about a couple of things Kyra."

"I usually don't like talking because we end up fighting. I don't want this peace to end."

"We won't fight. Firstly, I want to talk to you about Natasha."

"Oh. Right. Why does she hate me so much? I've never met her before yet she seemed to hold a huge grudge against me," she asked digging into her slice of cake.

"The thing is, Natasha is my ex," started and she raised her head and leaned forward.

"I was never really the commitment type of guy back then when I lost my mom and I jumped into relationship after relationship in a bid to find comfort and a peace of mind."

Talking about this was harder than I thought. I never really shared my personal info with just anyone.

I felt a gentle squeeze on my hand and saw Kyra's hand on top of mine but she quickly removed it.

"If it brings back sad memories then it's okay. Don't tell me. I understand."

"No. It's okay. Natasha was the last girl before Kylie. We had a one night stand in Hawaii then I thought I'd never see her again but she searched for me until she found me. She said she had fallen in love with me and wanted a serious relationship," I paused and sighed.

"Natasha was really nice back then and I thought maybe we could give it a go. We dated for about a month then I got to know that she was on drugs plus she had way too many sexual partners. To top it off, she was a gold digger."

"I broke up with her and she didn't take it lightly. She had to go for rehab after unpleasant incidents. She spent months in there and when she was discharged, she still wanted to be with me. She had no idea though that I was now with Kylie. She must have been jealous of you for becoming my wife but don't worry. She won't bother you again. We had a talk and your safety is guaranteed," I explained and she nodded understandingly.

She was a good listener.

"I have one question though. Why'd you choose to keep your relationship with Kylie a secret?"

"Well, for our privacy plus Kylie had signed a contract with this other company, a two year contract, that she'd focus sorely on the project and not date. We had to take the chances."

"Ohk. That's cool then," she said then she went back to her dessert.

"I'm sor....."

"There's no need to apologise. It wasn't your fault anyway so it's all cool stuff," she stopped me.

I felt guilty but just nodded. The Natasha issue wasn't my major concern. We had to talk about us and I had some serious apologising to do for my mistakes from day one.

Hearing Kyra cry for the whole day in the bathroom had crushed my heart. Her tears disturbed me. I felt like a monster for making her cry so bad.

To top it off, I had found a bottle of antidepressants hidden in a drawer next to the bed. I wanted to believe they weren't hers but her prolonged sadness forced me to believe she was hiding something.

I wasn't going to ask her about it yet. I needed to study her and analyse if she was depressed. Maybe the pills weren't hers after all.

"I...."

"Wow. It looks really beautiful outside. Do you wanna star gaze?" she interrupted me.

I had to make a decision. We had to either do this now or never. I was bipolar with her, something I couldn't control, and only heaven knew what my mood would be in the next few moments.

I also didn't want to ruin her current mood. Her eyes looked bright and she looked at peace. I was afraid to ruin the tiny thread we had made in our relationship.

Maybe we could save this conversation for later.

"Sure. Let's star gaze," I agreed and she smiled excitedly then got up.

I followed suit and we cleared the plates then went out and lay on our backs on the sand admiring the sky.

It was a beautiful night and the crashing of sea waves was like background music.

Looking at the stars made me feel connected to my mom. Before she passed away, she told me that whenever I looked up at the stars then she'd look down on me from heaven and smile at me. I could tell her everything that way too.

I could see her beautiful face in the sky. From deep down I was telling her everything, asking her for solutions to all my problems.

It was as if we lay there for hours deep in thought and wonder.

I looked at Kyra and I saw tears flowing from her eyes. There was a smile on her face but sadness in her eyes.

I looked back at the sky and saw a shooting star. I had many things to wish for but only one had the loudest voice.

Whatever Kyra is wishing for right now, let it come true.

I refocused my eyes on Kyra and I realised she was wiping away her tears.

"Shy and emotional?" I asked and she chuckled lightly.

"Crying is a hobby like you said the other day. I just can't control my tears sometimes."

"Sometimes life's a mess hey. We are humans and crying is normal."

"You sound just like Nick."

"Well, I've heard him say those words before and they sank in."

"Your friends are amazing. Would you mind sharing?" she asked as she sat up.

"Asks the girl who has already started sharing all three of them," I joked and she chuckled.

"Where's Kyle?"

"Mexico. He went to visit his family. He should be back in a week."

"Okay. It's getting cold out here. We should go indoors now," she suggested and I nodded.

She stood up and started removing the sand on her legs and hair using her hands.

I got up too and then removed all the sand on my back. We walked side by side to our villa,straight to our bedroom.

I changed into my comfortable pyjamas after Kyra had changed first. Kyra slipped into the blankets and I sat on the couch ready to sleep.

"Will you please come and sleep with me?" Kyra offered.

Okay, so that sounded so wrong.

"Whaaaat?" I asked dramatically making her laugh and throw a fluffy pillow at me. I caught it.

"You are such a dirty minded freak. I mean sharing the bed obviously."

"The other isn't such a bad idea after all you know," I joked and she threw another pillow at me.

"Your girlfriend would murder me."

"She sure would. I'm okay here anyway."

"Oh come on. Am I that disgusting?We'll use pillows."

This time I was the one who threw pillows at her and she caught them laughing.

"Don't ever call yourself disgusting ever again," I warned her and she hugged the pillows childishly.

"You make me feel that way," she told me.

"You are not disgusting."

"Yes I am."

"No you are not."

"Yes I am."

"No you are not!"

"Then prove it," she replied firmly.

I was so frustrated that I just got up, strode towards the bed then slipped into the blankets next to her on the other side.

"There. Satisfied now?" I asked sitting up and looking at her.

"Yes. Good boy," he said scooting over and patting my head.

"Did you just call me a good boy and are you seriously patting me?"

"Okay. Good Prince Charming then. I believe it's now bedtime. Good night," she babbled then without even putting the pillows, her head hit the pillows.

It didn't really matter anyway since there was a huge space between us.

I was really tired as well so I put my head on the pillow too facing the other side.

I suddenly felt a hand on my back. To be frank, my heart skipped a beat.

"I could hug you right now but I know you wouldn't like that. Thanks for today. It was one of the best days of my life in years. Thank you for tolerating me. I hope tomorrow you'll still be the same. Good night, Jayden."

I remained still and silent for a while then I heard her shift back to her position and look the other side.

I turned to her then I also put my hand on her back.

"Tonight was a huge success because of you. I hope you get to smile and laugh more often. Good night, Princess."

What was happening to me?

********

Hy!

How was the chapter?

Are you enjoying the story?

If so then don't forget to vote and comment.

Remember to stay safe too💖

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.8K 75 26
*Kyra Martin* It was never easy for me to hide my emotions, and that's the cause of all my problems now. I am a writer, or rather, I was. Now I'm j...
49.7K 4K 56
This is a Kaira Story💫 (This is not Edited. It might have grammatical errors. Please ignore.) Both of them had a past. One lacked trust while the ot...
6M 186K 42
-{Published Interactive Story on Chapters! }- <3 {#6 in Romance --- 22/02/17} Romance / Fantasy ︵‿︵‿︵‿︵‿︵ "You look happy." he smiles, his dark eyes...
13.4K 302 6
Kyra Atcuian hides a secret from the world around her. Kyra has the ability to shift, and the form that she takes is that of a cheetah. Shifters as a...