The Walking Dead Clementine x...

By herbalmite97

It's been a long time since the outbreak started. Many years have passed. But life in the apocalypse has been... More

Warning
Chapter 1: Better World
Chapter 2: Fun Time With Friends
Chapter 3: New Day
Chapter 4: Not The Best End to a Good Day
Chapter 5: Punishment
Chapter 6: Work
Chapter 7: The Effort
Chapter 8: The Incident
Chapter 9: The News
Chapter 10: The Attempt
Chapter 11: Execution
Chapter 12: You Can Talk to Me
Chapter 13: The Newcomers
Chapter 14: Welcome
Chapter 15: Training
Chapter 16: You Guys Know Each Other?
Chapter 17: A Bad Hangout
Chapter 18: The Mystery
Chapter 19: The Light Bearers
Chapter 20: Good to See You Again
Chapter 21: Young Love
Chapter 22: Relationships On The Journey
Chapter 23: To The Commonwealth
Chapter 25: Date Night
Chapter 26: A Heads Up
Chapter 27: Preparation
Chapter 28: The Battle
Chapter 29: After It All
Extra Chapter: The Future
Christmas Special
Dawg

Chapter 24: New Home

458 31 15
By herbalmite97

It's been a few hours since you all entered the Commonwealth. You, El, and the council from Ericson's are waiting in a waiting room, outside an office guarded by two soldiers with assault rifles.

Clem's nervously tapping her foot on the floor. You put your hand on her thigh.

You: Relax. Maggie's gonna take us in, no doubt in my mind.

Clem: I know, I'm just...not used to this place yet.

You: You'll get there.

A soldier off duty walks up to you.

Soldier: Um, are you Y/N L/N?

You look up at him.

You: Uh, yeah. Yeah, that's me.

Soldier: Dude, I'm such a huge fan.

Clementine chuckles.

Soldier: When I was a little kid, my dad told me about how you rescued him from the Sanctuary. Could I, um...

He takes out a leather knife sheathe and a white marker.

Soldier: could I maybe have your autograph?

You: Sure thing. You say, grabbing the marker and sheathe.

You sign "Y/N L/N" and underneath you put "A.K.A: One Eyed Survivor" onto the sheathe.

You: Here you go, man. You say, offering the sheathe and marker to him.

He takes it.

Soldier: Thank you so much.

He holds out his hand, so you shake it. He walks away.

You look at Clem, who has a smile on her face.

You: That's how I know we're getting in.

Clem chuckles.

Clem: Yeah, you're right.

Willy: Why're they taking so long?

Aasim: 'Cause a president's in there. She's probably doing something like paper work or whatever.

Violet: The longer you guys talk about it, the longer the wait'll be.

The doors to the office open and an assistant walks out.

Assistant: Madam president will see you now.

You all stand up and start walking over to the door.

Louis: Guess your logic's not that good?

Violet: Quiet.

You walk inside to see Maggie standing while holding a file. There're two guards protecting her. She looks to see you, AJ, Clementine, El, and everyone. You walk up to her desk. She walks around her desk.

Maggie: Oh, it's so good to see you all again.

The both of you hug. She gives you a kiss on the cheek and pulls out of the hug. She holds your hands.

Maggie: I'm so sorry to hear about Ericson's. That place was such a beautiful place to call home.

You: Thank you. I hope we can work something out so that we can soon call this place home.

She lets go of your hands and walks around her desk.

Maggie: And I think I have just the places for all of you. She says, looking down at the files on her desk.

Everyone walks up to the desk. Willy looks at all the decorations.

Willy: Rad.

Maggie: Ah! Here they are.

She picks up some files and sits in her chair. She opens the files.

Maggie: I believe I have room for all of you in a variety of places. All of you and your families will be able to live here in the capital, while the rest will be spread out in our many communities and settlements.

Clem: That'll be great. We can finally get some sleep not having to worry about their safety.

Maggie: Well, I can assure you they'll be just fine with their arrangements. If at any point you feel like you need some more supplies, you're welcome to go to the shops and buy whatever you want. That is if you have enough to pay for it.

You: So we will need to find jobs?

Maggie: You will. But since you're all new, I'm gonna start you all off with sixty-thousand credits. That should last you all, at least, a year of home appliances, taxes, so and so.

You: Wow. Thank you so much.

Maggie: Oh, I ain't finished. Since you've helped us with so much in the past, I'd like to give you and Clementine an extra forty-thousand... Each.

You: W--what?

Clem: We can't accept that. That's just not the right thing to do to a community like this.

Maggie: We've got plenty of points to go around. A hundred-forty-thousand's barely a dent in our economy. I insist.

Aasim: What do we do for jobs?

Maggie: Well, there're plenty to choose from. We've got train conductors, police, senators, even roamer hunters.

Violet: "Roamer hunters"? What're those?

Maggie: Here in the Commonwealth, it's very rare to find a roamer inside the safe zone. If you ever find one, kill it, and you can receive five-hundred credits. But if you bring it in alive, it's worth a thousand.

Ruby: What do y'all do with alive walkers?

Maggie: Well, they're used for weapons training, mostly. But we do occasionally use them for educational purposes.

El: Is that safe?

Maggie: We make sure they're contained when presented. We're not trying to put anyone in danger. In fact, that's exactly the OPPOSITE of what we want. We're trying to rid this place of roamers. We feel like people should get a reward for it.

Christa: Well, how often do walkers turn up?

Maggie: Not very often. But it's definitely worth it if anyone's willing to go out and make sure they aren't a threat.

Louis: I totally want that job.

You all look at Louis.

Louis: What? Killing walkers is my specialty.

Maggie: Well, that'll be a good trait for this place. We could use someone like you.

You all look back at Maggie. She stands up and holds out her hand for a handshake.

Maggie: Is it a deal?

You and Clem look at each other and smile. You both look back at Maggie. You stand up and you shake her hand.

You: Deal.

Timeskip

You and Clem are walking down the busy streets of the Commonwealth hand-in-hand. A bunch of people are walking around in suits and stuff.

You and Clem pass by a window. Making you stop dead in your tracks. You see fancy tables being set up in a nice restaurant. Clem stops walking and looks at you.

Clem: Hon?

You: ...How about we go on a date tonight? You say, looking back at Clem.

Shaun's POV

You're in the living room of a new big house. It's REALLY nice! It's kinda like the town hall in Ericson's, but it's WAY shinier.

You pick up a remote on the coffee table and you press the power button. The TV on the wall starts playing a cartoon. You've only ever heard about television.

Shaun: Woah...

The doorbell rings. You turn off the TV and you throw the remote on the couch. You walk over to the door and you open it to see Connor, Sarah, Dante, Andy, and Aaron.

Shaun: Oh, hey, guys.

Connor: Dude, you guys live HERE?!

Shaun: I know, right? Maggie really hooked us up.

Aaron: I'll say.

Shaun: You guys wanna come in?

Andy: Sure.

They all walk in to see the nicely decorated inside.

Sarah: This place is a fucking palace.

Shaun: Is, uh, Jacquelyn coming?

Dante: We asked her. She told us to tell you that she "still wasn't ready". Whatever that means.

You look down.

Connor: Holy shit. Do these things fucking work?!

You look over to see everyone but you and Dante in the living room. Connor's looking at the TV. You and Dante walk into the living room.

Shaun: Yeah, it does.

You sit down on the couch and you grab the remote.

Shaun: You guys wanna watch a movie or something?

Andy: How?

Shaun: Uh... I don't know.

You press the power button and the TV turns on.

Connor: Holy fuck. That's a little brighter than I expected. Now how do we watch movies on this thing?

Shaun: Maybe...source?

You press the source button and a bar on the side of the screen pops out, making Connor flinch.

Aaron: Bro, you're such a baby.

Connor: Shut up! I've never seen something like this before.

Sarah: Do you think maybe your parents know how to work this thing?

Shaun: Gimme a sec. Dad!

Your POV

You're in your room, putting on a brand new 3-piece suit, when you hear Shaun calling for you.

You: Yeah?!

Shaun: How do you play movies?!

You: What the hell's this kid talking about?

You walk out of your room and down the stairs. You make it to the bottom to see Shaun and his friends in the living room. You walk up to them.

You: What're you guys trying to do?

Shaun: Why're you dressed like that?

You look at your suit, then back at Shaun.

You: It's formal. And I'm taking your mother on a date in a few hours. Now, what did you need?

Shaun: We wanna know how to turn on movies. He says, offering you the remote.

You take the remote.

You: Christ on a cross. Good to see you again, television. It's been a while.

You look up at the TV.

You: Well, movies aren't really a TV option--you have to have a DVD to play them. I'll see if I can find any.

You walk over to a cabinet and you open it to see a bunch of movie cases inside. You see your favorite movie.

A/N: This is my favorite movie, so I picked it.

Back to The Future. You take it out. You pop the disk into the player and you change the TV source to "movie".

Shaun: What's this movie called?

You: Back to The Future.

Shaun: What's it about?

You: You'll see.

You walk over towards the door.

You: This should keep you entertained for thirty years. You say, tossing Shaun the remote.

Shaun catches the remote. You make it to the door and you open it.

You: Shaun, make sure that Madison gets some dinner and is in bed by 8.

Shaun: Got it.

You walk outside, closing the door behind you.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

17.3K 385 35
I DO NOT OWN ANY OF TELLTALES CHARACTERS OR GAMES. In these stories I'm gonna make Clem more emotional because unlike the games she has someone to t...
193K 5.3K 44
It's been two years, since the dead started walking and two kids have been surviving it sense then, Y/N and Clementine. They had others protect them...
8.9K 227 21
Years of hell have caused you to almost shut down. Nothing of yourself exists on the surface. Nothing but the need to protect your sister. Now you h...
16.7K 443 48
I DO NOT OWN ANY OF TELLTALES CHARACTERS OR GAMES. In these stories I'm gonna make Clem more emotional because unlike the games she has someone to t...