Can You Keep A Secret? (Compl...

By LJRwrites

Aria has been cordially invited to the wedding of the century . According to her mom . Her older sister is fi... More

Hi!!
i - wedding kerfuffle
ii - it's a match ...sort of
iii - a.c. wells
iv - brunch
v - the reveal
vi - just a slight adjustment
vii - dinner party for the wells
viii - reunion
ix - uncertainty
xi - dinner
xii - show me around
xiii - what now?
xiv - pov's
xv - out in the countryside
xvi - impromptu
xvii - saturday
xviii - no distractions
xix - after
xx - apology
xxi - warren
xxii - in the light
xxiii - three brothers
xxiv - alex
xxv - the week
xxvi - unexpected visitor
xxvii - the one
xxviii - hard truths
xix - day one
xxx - day two
xxxi - bachelorette night
xxxii - always been
xxxiii - after the kiss
xxxiv - wedding day
xxxv - may i have this dance
xxxvi - i care for you
xxxvii - confession
xxxviii - embrace
xxxix - official date
xl - office
xli - normal
xlii - psycho
xliii - caught
xliv - something new
xlv - plans
xlvi - recovery
xlvii - under the stars
xlviii - welcome home
xlix - family
L - epilogue
*New Story*

x - trip

15.2K 709 69
By LJRwrites

I woke up extra early the next day to prepare for the meeting with Trip . I already know that this is going to be a bit harder than all my other clients . Mostly because of his antics and the fact that I'm "dating" is younger brother.

Wanting to put on the best professional face forward, I grabbed the strictest outfit I can find.  Usually dark lipstick and smokey eye makeup does the trick but today I have to go all out.  It's amazing how much you can accomplish when you dress for success.

Typically I'd leave my hair down or up in a bun . I decided for go down the middle and pull it into a low ponytail .

I checked myself in the mirror and felt satisfied with my ensemble . Alright Trip, I'm ready for you .

"You are Aria Lawson , you are a bad ass woman and you will take this world by storm . Nothing will get in your way and you will slay the beast," I kept telling myself . I wanted to make sure that when I arrived , I was early enough that no one else was there .

When I got into my office my phone lit up with a text :

Good luck today with my brother . I'll be here if you need back up.

I put my phone away as I finished reading the message from Alex. I pulled up Trip's file and decided to look into his last few reported indiscretions.  His type was the reason why I stuck to corporate PR. Playboy, misunderstood , those were things I didn't have time to mess with. 

Especially since I fell prey to exactly that kind of boy , in high school. Julian Kean , president bad boy and biggest heartthrob to grace the grounds of Madison High. I was the typical nerdy type that always did things on the straight and narrow path .

All it took was being at the wrong place at the wrong time for the two of us to get together . Just like every "bad boy" story I fell for him . It caused a lot of grief in our household because my parents hated the boy.  And rightfully so . He played victim to get me in bed and once he nailed the school's virgn nerd, he became a legend . And , my sister almost murdered him .

I shake those painful memories away as I pull myself together.  We will NOT have a repeat and we WILL subdue Trip .

I scan the pages and pages of tabloids online , trying to gauge what I'm working with . The amount of dirt they have printed is astounding . This is definitely someone who has been acting out for a reason . Every few days he has a different girl on his arm . Every few weeks there are articles about him being involved in a fight with other people or the papz . Some articles posted show him indulging in some "drug therapy" , none of this is good and I can see the concern the family has. He's gotten worse .

When I finally finished skimming all I needed, I looked at the time on my screen . He should be here in 10 minutes . Let me grab my notes and head over to the conference room . I tell my assistant to hold all my calls until I'm done with this meeting .

The rumors about Trip Wells coming to the office were flying everywhere and when I finished setting up the room I see curious eyes trying to get a glimpse inside , of course they're all the women .

Trip walks in with his bodyguard and someone I assume is legal representation.  That wasn't necessary but I get it . Philips and Wright are already seated and as I walk up to Trip he engulfs me in his arms and pulls me flushed to his body for a tight hug.

This move caught me off guard that I stood there with my arms pinned to my sides and an awkward space between our private areas. He was holding me so tight that his bodyguard had to intervene and actually save me from his ward .

"Mr. Wells, please we are in a meeting . That was highly inappropriate,  given the setting we're in, " I grit through my teeth while maintaining some semblance of professionalism.

He backs away from me with an apologetic look, "I'm sorry, I thought that we were on that level after dinner last night. You are , afterall, dating Alex ."

"That's fine, outside of this office and from work we can be casual but right now we need to get down to business and discuss why you're here and what your goals are," I say to him.

He nods and we all sit down after the round of introductions.

"I had the chance to look over your file as well as skim over EVERY piece of article posted about you in the last month . Trip, there's a lot to overcome but I have a plan but it'll take a lot of patience and effort on your part. Do you think you can handle it?"

He moves around in his seat uncomfortably,  "I think so."

"Oh no no no,  this isn't about thinking,  this is about doing," I begin to say , "if you can't do this than I'll pass you along to another agency that can."

He shouts , "NO! I can do it," and then he says something under his breath that was low enough that no one else can hear it, but I have supersonic hearing so I only caught a piece .
'I can't lose you again.'

I shake it off in hopes that I misheard him but in the pit of my stomach I know I didn't. Curse these amazing ears and their ability to pick up even the slightest vibrations in the air. Sometimes I wonder if I was born a mutant. Before I can get lost inside my own head I refocus my attention back to Trip and the reason we're in the room.

"You need to lay low. Past attempts for other people who were in similar situations are too obvious . There's a whole playbook . We're growing that out," I can tell that my bosses were not too pleased to hear me say that , "you are different from them and we'll treat this accordingly."

He nods at me and I continue , "You need to disappear from the spotlight . No more women or partying . We're going to do a drug assessment on you and from there we'll determine if rehab is in your immediate future," he readies himself to argue with me but I stop him by bringing my hand up , "you will have daily counseling , that is non negotiable,  once you show improvement or some kind of breakthrough we'll lessen those appointments. You will get out of the city as well."

"That's asking a lot Miss Lawson," he says to me.

"You've done enough to warrant it," I throw back at him.

"Couldn't we do some charity work , take photos with the press and be done?" He asks but more in the tone of pressing me to go that route.

"That's the standard protocol. That or you finding a woman to agree to be your girlfriend so that people think you're a changed man."

"I like that idea best," he says with a toothy grin.

"I'm afraid that option is not available either . You have to undergo a complete change , Trip. The way you're going you won't be able to come back into the public eye," I warn him.

"What if I don't want to come back at all?" He spits out .

That takes me by surprise and I look at everyone in the room, "can I have a moment with Trip? Alone."

They begin to argue but he tells everyone to leave . And soon it was just the two of us . I pulled up a chair next to him and I look at the face of a man who seems tortured.

"It's just me and you . What's going on ?" I ask him .

He swallows and stays quiet for a moment , "I never asked to be in the spotlight or to come from a wealthy family . I made one mistake and I've been paying for it ever since."

His hands are balled up on the table as I place mine on top to show him that I am here for him , "Trip, I wasn't lying when I said that you're different . That's why I don't want to follow the same protocols as all those other rich boys . Deep down I know you're a good person ."

He looks up at me , "Even after what I did to you 20 years ago?"

"We were children . I don't understand why this is still hanging over your head . You need to forgive yourself for that," I say to him .

"Do you forgive me?" He has a look of genuine anguish.

I have my hand on his shoulder , "Of course. But we need you to forgive yourself . Learn to let go of the past. Will you allow me to help you?"

Trip looks me square in the eyes , "Okay."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.3M 40.9K 61
Football players are assholes. I know; I'm related to their king. My older, and annoyingly overprotective, brother Jake is the star quarterback at Sa...
5K 52 35
June's senior year in high school starts probably the worst way possible - her first boyfriend and supposedly love of her life cheats on her and dump...
159K 5.8K 42
Highest Ranking #512 in Romance The song itself held so much meaning to our situation, so I committed it to memory, remembering each step and exactly...
1.7M 78.2K 51
[ Previously named---> 'Destined Together' ] "Stop pretending. Boyfriend, right? With whom you'll be hanging out once Eth and your Dad are gone." I s...