Watching in the Wind

By OtsanaStories

~Completed~ Give me strength when I cannot see my weakness. Spiritual War that questions why tribe first. Tal... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25

Chapter 17

123 26 3
By OtsanaStories

-Tala-

As the wind has shifted, the weeks show a renewed spirit. The village had celebrated the challenge that was gifted upon us and the death that Cusa deserves. Now we celebrated the early new arrival of Ehecatl. Birth means continued history to be passed down to the next generation and Ehecatl was born in a spiritual storm. When I walked in and saw my Luna laying there holding this tiny human my head and heart raced each other. She was never more beautiful than that moment. She gives my life a dream it longed for. Both sides of my life. The sane man and the wild wolf she gives a home. 

Today could match that. We planned to be married today. We spent last night apart and today I am sitting at home alone. Sitting in our back sunroom overlooking the pond. You can always find Aiyana either in the valley treasuring mother earth in all her glory or she sits in this sunroom and watches mother nature give her the most beautiful picture. Ehecatl has a small bassinet in the corner and each day has a gentle light that watches over him while Aiyana naps or reads. I've stood in the doorway many days watching how comfortable she is here. After all this time, I still catch my breath that this woman chose me and here. 

My brother warriors are around the house talking and we are all getting ready. They are laughing and joking around about training sessions. Trading memories for drinks and laughs for the moments of joyous occasions.  

As I look out our window and into the trees, taking a moment to watch how the tree's sway. She was my first friend when my family came to this tribe. My parents were looking for a new home when our old tribe wanted to relocate to a completely different state. They wanted to stay true and local to our area. The Chiefs were great friends and they recommended us to come here. When I first saw her I admit I didn't even want to talk to her. She intimidated me with her eyes and her smile. She was warm and welcoming. When she looked at me it was as if the world gained more light. 

I remember how Aiyana and would run through the woods and along the creeks and streams of the land. I remember how scared I was the first time she fell and scraped her knees. She didn't cry even if she wanted to. It was at that moment I wanted to protect her. Every day from then on I would wait outside her home.  She would come out smiling and then take off running. I loved her as a child, without question, I was born to love this woman.  I remember when I surprised her with a single dandelion.  I held mine up and closed my eyes blowing the white petals off. Making my wish and opening my eyes to meet hers we watched the white petals float through the air. When she finally turned to me I smiled at her, "Your turn, make a wish,". She closed her eyes tight, scrunched her nose, and blew as hard as she could. When she opened her eyes we watched the petals float with mine all around. She got up and dancing and trying to catch the tiny spectacles in her hands. Was a magical moment of hope between two kids. 

Memories have a way of coming back and bringing feelings that you never knew existed until that moment. For several years it was her and I against the world. I held her hand to cross the streams and didn't get mad when she pushed me in. Chasing her down to carry her with me and we jumped into the stream together. Her light scream as we fell into the cold water gave my heart a hefty beat. When she would hold onto me, took everything to resist pulling her closer. She's the chief's daughter and deserves more respect. With her she let me be free.  I remember how carefree her laugh was then. It was beautiful then but nothing compared to her laugh today. 

When we became teenagers and my parents sat me down, explaining how I need to stay away I first fought them with everything I could. She never knew and couldn't know. I could never understand how they could keep me from this beautiful spirit. I tried to sneak out of the house but my father caught me every time. I was basically held until I agreed to let her go. "Leave her so she can become the greatest part of history this tribe has ever seen." they would say. It broke me when I had to walk away when she walked over, turn my back, and walk home. My days would be broken up between hiding in my room and waiting in the woods watching her walk through the village. Climbing the trees to sit and wait for her in the mornings while she sits in the valley and welcomed the sun. I forgave my parents for their decision but I never forgot the heartbreak they created for me and for her.  When I was old enough I moved out with a friend and over the years built the home I am in now. That we are in now.  The chief tried to set me up with different women of different tribes. He would bring them for a visit or arrange for me to meet them at theirs and each time I'd refuse with in the first 15 minutes. Eventually, he gave up and left me be. I focused on training to become a warrior and tracker in this tribe. When my parents passed away I was met with such conflict. Numbness and anger that they took away something so great from me mixed with an understanding of what we believe in, tribe first. 

Today I am no longer angry, free of the pain, free of the chains that held me. Today I will make that beautiful spirit my wife. I will show our son the ways of our tribe. I will give Aiyana anything she could ever want and want for nothing. 

I feel a hard pat on my shoulder and look up to see my chief. He smiles and sits next to me. 

"Son, I believe your parents would be proud of you," 

"Thank you, Cheif,"

"These last few months, I've never seen Aiyana so happy. Even with everything that happened, her being here with you is exactly what she needed all along. I am sorry for how I pushed the events," 

I nod my head in acceptance. "I hold no anger or ill will towards you, sir. You did what you needed to do,"

"That is the polite thing to say. I appreciate that" Chief says. 

"Well tell you I wanted to rip your eyes out and put them on sticks to scare the younger children seems a little... harsh," I tell him. 

He laughs and agrees. The chief has been known to be calculated in his battles and strategy is his strong point. Aiyana is the same way as him. "I am sorry, I only did what I thought was best,"

"I understand, sir. Like I told my parents I forgive you and love you all as is. I, however, will never forget the torment it brought her and myself. I vow to you that I will give her everything of me,"

"That I believe," He grips my shoulder in acceptance and nudges me to stand with him. "Let's get you married."

The men Hollar and yell as we walk to the valley. Aiyana wished for an outdoor wedding with mother earth and I thankfully accepted. There are color and patterns all around, flowers drape the chairs and arch. Friends and family wait for her arrival. I stand impatient waiting for her. Any time away from her is torture. I hear the wooden flutes play and I see her mother walk down with Ehecatl fast asleep in her arms. He must have just eaten and is in a milk coma. he is calm therefore the wind is calm. 

Aiyana comes into view and my heart stops. The small flower crown that sits on her head is yellow dandelions intertwined together with baby's breath. She has a cream form-fitting dress that looks to have been sown by the gods. The way the lace and patterns marry in perfect harmony. How it falls on her tan skin which makes her blue eyes shine brighter than before. She is happy, she is happy with me, she is happy because of me. I was told to stay at the front but I can't help myself from walking towards her. I meet her in the middle and take her hand in mine guiding her to the front. She should never walk alone again in this lifetime. Not with me by her side. 

We stand shoulder to shoulder, not taking our eyes off of her. 

-Aiyana-

He doesn't let me walk far alone. He won't allow me to be without him. This small aspect is what I appreciate most. We spend our evenings together as a family. Showing our son the valleys, garden, and the sunroom where we sit together. Tala will carry him around the house and always watching us together. When he has our son in his arms, I watch him closely at the beautiful sight before me.  He talks to Ehecatl with such hope and love. He sings sweet songs that our tribe has passed down from generation to generation. The way he looks at me when I put Ehecatl in his crib, he meets me at the doorway and takes my hand guiding me to our room. Every night we have laid face to face switching from talking about the amazing moments we had that day or silence and finding the comfort in the silence, for the brief time until our son wakes to eat. 

Tala has always breathed life into my world. The first time I met him, I couldn't get over how goofy he looked. The more time I spent with him the more I saw this person who didn't let people in easily.  How he struggled to fit in with the other kids. Walking out and seeing him waiting for me brought so much excitement. Tag and chase were our favorite games to play. The way he would bring me the white dandelions that you blow the petals off and how excited he would be to tell me to make a wish. I had always wondered what he wished for. I wished that he stayed in my life forever. He never made fun of me for dancing horribly. He allowed me to be angry with having to singled out as the Chief's daughter when kids wouldn't play with me. He was always there. 

As teens and being separated by our parents and the elders I never thought we'd make our way back to each other. I was a lost skeleton in life walking soulless for many years. Now he has breathed new life into me. Every day he wakes me up giving me life. 

I proudly stand next to him. Proud to share the burdens, share the hardships, share the happiness, share whatever this life gives us. 

I was born to love him. 

As my father and Chief perform the wedding ritual I find myself lost and found in Tala's eyes. Every word spoken is true and honest. When he announces husband and wife there is no delay in Tala's lips meeting mine. 

The drums sound matches mother earth heartbeat and songs of celebration fill the air. Ehecatl is awake and alert. My mother hurries off with him so he doesn't get too upset. We walk away from the valley back to the meeting hall to celebrate our union.  the drums meet us and more songs and dancing. Tala and I sit at the head table with my parents and take in all that is before us. All that is for us. We spend the evening quietly in each other's arms dancing and eating. I accept the blessings from the members of our tribe and I am slowly showing Tala how to fill the roles that he will have to assume. As the night comes to an end and we walk towards home together he quickly pulls me towards the private garden. When we enter I see small lights around and a few little plates of food he had someone swipe from the hall. 

"You sneak!" I say, sitting down and taking a plate of sweets. Tala sits next to me smiling. I hold a piece of cookie out for him and he takes it with his lips. His sweet lips that bring such pleasure. One that I only know about. 

"All of this is for you," he speaks with such warmth. 

I move closer and lay across his lap looking up at the stars. I push his shoulders back so he lays back. He holds tight to my hand and I caress his fingers with my thumb. 

"Remember when we got in trouble for staying out late because I wanted you to teach me about the stars," I say smiling at the memory. 

"Like it was yesterday, my mom about beat my ass," he laughs. "You know better than to be out with the Chief's daughter!"

I giggle because she gave me a talking to too. Along with my parents. "I have no regrets about that night. When we didn't speak, I use to sneak out and come here in the middle of the night to see the stars. I always hoped you would show up."

He squeezes my hand, "I tried to come to you. Gave my parents hell and tried to get out every chance I got but my dad," 

"I know," I cut him off. I know now. "The Stars brought us back together,"

"The stars," he repeats. 

The stars brought me home to him, his love gives me breath in my life, Ehectal gives us purpose to continue our plans of revenge and ensure our son the rightful place as the future of our tribe. 

As I lay still, Tala is rustling beside me and suddenly sits up. He is holding something in front of my face and it is a white dandelion that is awaiting a wish. I smile brightly and look at Tala. "Your turn, make a wish my Luna,"

I take it and see he has one in his hands. Together we blow as hard as we can and watch the white fluffy petals float around. I lay against his chest looking up at him. I feel his hands caress my cheek and here is my home, here is my safe place. 

"I love you," I whisper to him. 

"I love you too," he says loudly wanting the sound to echo through the village. He had been silent for so long and now he is bold and loud with his actions. 

"Take me home," 

He jumps up and takes me up in his arms. Carrying me the entire way home. 

The Wolf and the Eternal Flower bound together for eternity. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

706K 73.1K 27
في وسط دهليز معتم يولد شخصًا قاتم قوي جبارً بارد يوجد بداخل قلبهُ شرارةًُ مُنيرة هل ستصبح الشرارة نارًا تحرق الجميع أم ستبرد وتنطفئ ماذا لو تلون الأ...
37.8M 1.1M 68
Deadly assassins Allegra and Ace have been trying in vain to kill each other for years. With a mutual enemy threatening their mafias, they find thems...
8.2K 153 23
Holland grew up having a huge crush on Matthew Schreave, the prince of Illèa. Though, as she grew older she left her feelings behind her. That is unt...
5M 100K 29
Senior year couldn't be better. Avery Nelson's finally dumped her brain-dead boyfriend, she's taking all easy classes, and she finally has a job work...