The Walking Dead Clementine x...

By herbalmite97

It's been a long time since the outbreak started. Many years have passed. But life in the apocalypse has been... More

Warning
Chapter 1: Better World
Chapter 2: Fun Time With Friends
Chapter 3: New Day
Chapter 4: Not The Best End to a Good Day
Chapter 5: Punishment
Chapter 6: Work
Chapter 7: The Effort
Chapter 8: The Incident
Chapter 9: The News
Chapter 10: The Attempt
Chapter 11: Execution
Chapter 13: The Newcomers
Chapter 14: Welcome
Chapter 15: Training
Chapter 16: You Guys Know Each Other?
Chapter 17: A Bad Hangout
Chapter 18: The Mystery
Chapter 19: The Light Bearers
Chapter 20: Good to See You Again
Chapter 21: Young Love
Chapter 22: Relationships On The Journey
Chapter 23: To The Commonwealth
Chapter 24: New Home
Chapter 25: Date Night
Chapter 26: A Heads Up
Chapter 27: Preparation
Chapter 28: The Battle
Chapter 29: After It All
Extra Chapter: The Future
Christmas Special
Dawg

Chapter 12: You Can Talk to Me

584 29 10
By herbalmite97

You walk away from the platform. You're about to walk into the sleeping quarters of the town hall, but you see something that catches your eye. The cellar doors.

You walk over to the person that's guarding them. You look at the lock to see it off.

Guard: Sir.

You: How long have you been guarding this area?

Guard: A few minutes, sir.

You: When's the last time someone was watching this?

Guard: About ten minutes ago, sir.

You: Ah, shit.

You pick up the lock, coming to the conclusion that someone tried making you think that the lock was still on. You throw the lock to the side when Clementine walks up to you.

Clem: Y/N?

You turn around.

Clem: What're you doing?

You: I gotta check on something.

Clem: You're not coming to bed?

You: I'll be there in a bit.

She nods. You walk up to her and you kiss her, so she kisses back.

You walk back over to the cellar doors and you open them. You walk down the steps to hear someone talking.

You start slowly walking through the boiler room, making the voices get louder.

???: And he just told me to leave.

Lilly: He doesn't trust you with this stuff, kid. He thinks you can't handle it.

You make it over to the corner of the boiler room to see Shaun in a chair, talking with Lilly.

Shaun: But I CAN handle it!

You: What the hell's going on down here?!

Shaun looks behind him and sees you. He stands up and turns around.

Shaun: Dad, I...I wasn't--

You: Go to your room. Now.

Shaun: But, dad--

You: Go!

He gets taken back. He looks down and walks away.

You look at Lilly.

Lilly: We were having a conversation.

You: I know what you were fucking doing, Lilly. That's the problem. If I ever catch you talking to my son, or ANY of my family again, I'll rip your tongue out so you CAN'T talk!

You turn around and you start walking away.

Lilly: It's your fault, ya know.

You stop dead in your tracks. You look behind you.

You: ...What did you say to me?

Lilly: You're the reason he comes down here. He says you don't let him talk to you, so he comes to me... Maybe try listening to your kid. Might help you in the long run.

You turn around and you grab onto the bars aggressively, making a loud bang echo through the boiler room. You death glare at her.

Lilly: ...It's not like you'd kill me. You wanna keep me in here for what? Hm? What reason do you have for keeping me breathing...? I know the answer. You think that I'm an example. Some...reminder that you're all civilized... But I can see it, Y/N... You're losing your humanity. Sooner or later, the death penalty'll be given to ANYONE who commits a crime. Or even says something against your family.

You: Fascism? You think I'm gonna turn into a fascist?

Lilly: You try so hard to get everyone to like you as a leader, but it's never enough. You'll make a mistake that everyone's gonna hate you for. You'll make a decision that no one likes... So why not just make 'em like it?

You: You're fucking crazy.

Lilly: What's "crazy" is that you'd rather be talking to me than with your son...THAT'S crazy.

You sigh. You let go of the bars. You turn around and you walk away. You make it out of the boiler room. You look at the guard.

You: I don't want these doors to EVER be left unguarded. Understood?

Guard: Yes, sir.

You walk away from the guard.

Small timeskip

You walk up to Shaun's door. You knock.

Shaun: What?

You: Can I come in?

Shaun: I don't care.

You sigh. You open the door and you walk in to see Shaun laying on his bed, throwing a baseball in the air and catching it repeatedly.

You sit on his bed. You're not sure how to start the conversation.

Shaun: What do you want?

You: Look, I, uh...just wanted to talk to you. About Lilly.

Shaun: She's nice to me. She talks to me. She listens to me. All you've ever done is say no to me.

You: That's not true.

Shaun: Yes it is. You'd always be doing something instead of talking with me. Lilly understands what I go through.

You: That's what she wants you to THINK, Shaun. That woman has done unspeakable things. She killed a woman in our group a long time ago. She ever tell you about that?

He looks at you briefly in annoyance. He sighs and continues throwing his baseball.

Shaun: No.

You: Has she told you about recruiting teenagers like you to fight in a war?

Shaun stops throwing the ball and looks at you in shock.

Shaun: She did that?

You: Yeah. And I bet she wouldn't care if you got killed on a battlefield.

Shaun looks down.

You: ...Shaun, you need to know that I'm here for you. And that you can talk to me whenever you need.

He looks up at you.

You: Just please...please don't talk to her anymore.

He thinks for a few seconds. He stands up from his bed and starts walking over to his door.

You: Where're you going?

Shaun: A walk.

You: Why?

Shaun: 'Cause I need to think. He says, closing his door, leaving you in his room.

You rest your elbows on your legs and you put your hands on the sides of your head.

Clementine walks in and sees you.

Clem: Hey.

She walks over to you.

You: Hey.

She sits down next to you.

Clem: Long day?

You scoff.

You: The longest.

She rests her head on your shoulder.

Clem: Yeah, I know.

You sigh.

You: ...Shaun thinks that he can't talk to me.

Clem: Huh?

You: He thinks that I won't listen to what he has to say.

Clem: Well, can you blame him?

You: Wow, thanks. You say in a sarcastic tone.

Clem: I mean, you spend the majority of your time working. She says, taking her head off your shoulder. You barely ever get to talk to him.

You: I do what I do because someone has to. It's my job to keep everyone in check.

Clem: I know, but that doesn't mean you have to work full-time.

You: I don't work full-time--I work like everyone else does. I just don't KNOW...when Shaun needs someone to talk to! I mean, he's impossible to read!

Clem: It may be difficult...but that's why you need to spend more time with your family than your workers.

You look down.

Clem: ...C'mon. She says, standing up.

You look up at her. She holds out her hand.

Clem: Let's go to bed.

You smile. You take her hand and you stand up. You both walk out of Shaun's room.

Shaun's POV

You're walking through the woods with your bow and arrows, trying to think.

You see a walker in the distance. You load in an arrow and you shoot the walker, causing someone to gasp.

You take out another arrow and you load it in. You slowly turn to try and see where the gasp came from.

Shaun: Come on out. If you approach me without any weapons drawn, I won't hurt you.

You hear a teenager.

Teen: We're coming out. Just don't hurt us.

Two people walk out from behind a tree with their hands up. A teenage boy and little girl with a fur jackets, dead rabbits attached to their jackets, and weapons. The boy has a mace and the girl has a bow and arrow. The teen also has a claw mark on his right cheek.

Teen: Look, we don't want any trouble. I just wanna get my sister somewhere safe--you'll never see us again.

You think about the situation. You slowly lower your bow.

Shaun: I'm part of a community. My dad's the leader. I can bring you back.

Girl: Really? Is it safe?

Shaun: Yes.

Teen: Can you take us in?

Shaun: ...I can. But I have to ask you some questions.

Teen: Alright, man. We'll do anything.

Shaun: ...How many walkers have you killed...?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

61K 2.7K 77
You were eight when the dead began their reign. It happened in the blink of an eye, and the world around you was unprepared. The walkers simply ascen...
9.3K 473 16
After Clementine finds herself dead, she wakes up in a different world... one where the dead never started walking. However, nobody else seems to rem...
8.9K 227 21
Years of hell have caused you to almost shut down. Nothing of yourself exists on the surface. Nothing but the need to protect your sister. Now you h...
30.3K 649 42
I DO NOT OWN ANY OF TELLTALES CHARACTERS OR GAMES. This is my first story so it may be ass. I've read almost every Clementine X Male reader stories...