The Cure To My Pain ✔️

By LikeToBe_u

Everlee Bridge, a scared, lonely, heartbroken girl, is in a mess she never asked for. Seven years in a place... More

Hello!
Character Aesthetics
1. Relocation
2. Settling
3. New Day
4. Meeting Asher
5. Warning
6. Necessary
7. No More
8. Bloody Basketball!
9. Take care
10. Friends?
11. Crush
12. Tracks
13. Be Selfish
14. Are we good?
15. I tried
16. I'll be there for you
17. Ash's House
18. You'll get through this shit
19. The Party
20. Of course this happens
21. I'm way past denying it
23. It's you
24. Only if you want
25. Get used to it
26. I'm all yours
27. One last thing
28. Why me?
29. never losing me
30. I admire you
31. Right
32. Sure to the core
33. No more lies
34. Is it enough?
35. Time Apart
36. I'm sorry
37. Kill me
38. Lie
39. The aftermath
40. The truth
41. The pain
42. The plan
43. The first step
44. The final day
45. The result
Epilogue

22. Ash has a crush

1.8K 56 16
By LikeToBe_u

Song suggestion: Kid In Love by Shawn Mendes.

********

"Don't worry about the script I'll give that to them." Ash says as we both exit the literature class.

I nod giving him a smile and continue walking. Blake and Wes go to their next class and we head towards the library because it's our free.

Ash is talking about the script presentation we have two weeks later. There are total fifteen scripts from the whole class which we submitted last week. Today the teacher told us the 6 pairs whose project she liked the most. And now to get full grades we have to make a joined project with the students of the drama class. It's their project too, they have to enact their given script, who does the best gets full grades. We have been told to hand over our script to some students and work with them.

It's been three days since I realised that I have feelings for Asher. Three whole days and I just have thought more and more every single day. The following day after that night was me being giddy due to the fact that I actually have feelings for a guy, such an amazing one that too. But the next day came and there comes my anxiousness.

I prepared myself to face Ash while walking to school on Monday but the moment I saw him it felt like a shit ton of bricks were dumped on me. I felt like I was gonna collapse, I was so awkward around Ash yesterday and I know he caught it because he asked me about it at the end of the day.

I just shrugged and told him that everything was absolutely fine. I went home and laid on the bed, staring at the ceiling. I knew that this was not gonna happen, there's no chance. I had to get myself together, so what if I do like Asher that doesn't mean that he likes me too. I don't want to ruin whatever's between us and so I decided to go back to how I was, no fucking awkwardness.

Fortunately, today has been okay as far now except one or two times me staring at him for no reason. I love seeing him laugh and now that I know why, I can't help but stare. Yeah, I don't know how long I can keep this up but let's hope for the best. I have no experience in this, I don't know what to do, can't blame me.

We enter the library and greet Mrs Porter. We make our way to the end of the library where we usually sit. I am surprised to find Amaya and Eve already sitting on one of the tables. We reach there and I raise my eyebrows at Eve.

"We'll get to that, take a seat," she says gesturing to the chairs.

We both sit down and keep our backpacks on the table. Ash leane back and wounds his arm on the back of my chair, getting comfortable. I bite the inside of my cheek and fiddle with my sleeves. I haven't felt this way anytime before but now I do beacuse I have a crush on this guy for god's sake. Eve narrows her eyes at my expression and smirks.

I avert my eyes and look at Amaya,"Okay, so Eve talked to Blake's mom. She is ready to have the surprise party. She said she will buy everything but we convinced her to take the money. You boys have to take him to some place after school and then come back around 7:30 or something. We'll handle the rest, all good?"

"Perfect," Ash says smiling. Eve and Amaya nod and got up picking up their bags.

"Lee, you need to actually bring your whole weekend bag to school on Friday. You can keep it in my car and we'll go to Blake's house after school. I hope your parents are okay with you being away for three days," Eve asks hopefully.

I smile and say,"Yeah, of course I'll be there."

They smile and start walking to the exit. I feel Asher's eyes on me so I turn my head towards him. He bites his lip,"I'm sorry, I didn't think this through. You obviously have to ask Paulina. Do you want me to-"

"No Ash, it's not necessary," I say with a shake of my head. I smile and continue assuringly,"I'm sure I'll convince her."

"Please do, I really want you to come this weekend," he says softly.

I nod my head and smile making him smile too. I stare at him for a moment and his gleaming eyes. I lean forward and press my lips on his right cheek. I keep my lips on his skin for a few more seconds and pull back swiftly, suddenly realising what I did.

I lift my eyes at Ash fearing he would be shocked but surprisingly find his face contorted in amusement. I blush and utter hastily,"I have this assingment to turn in today and I totally forgot about it. I need to go."

I pick my bag and start walking without giving him a second glance. I hear him chuckle and then say," I'll see you later."

I give him a thumbs up raising my hand and then make my way out of the library. If it wasn't awkward at that moment, it is now after I ran away from there. Ash has kissed my cheek or forehead but why am I freaking out when I kissed him. Why? Well, the answer is that now I know I like him and I've kissed him in a romantic way not in a friendly way as he does. I slap my forehead and curse myself for being this stupid.

Damn, having a crush isn't easy.

********

I am taking my books for the last lecture when Blake walks towards me,"Hey."

He sounds suspiciously cheerful than usual,"Hi...?"

I start walking towards class and he walks along with me. He look at me wiggling his eyebrows,"So what's going on?"

My steps flatter for a second but I compose myself,"What do you mean?"

"I met Asher before lunch and we talked about stuff. But then he accidentally said that you guys met up in the library. There's nothing suspicious about that but what's suspicious is that Eve never goes to the library. Why would she meet you guys there and then everyone was acting wierd during lunch. There's gotta be something, what is it?"

I chuckle nervously and stutter,"No-no there is nothing going on. You're thinking too much."

I avert my eyes and continue staring ahead,"I'm not dumb so you can't trick me. But here is a deal, you tell me a snippet of what's happening and I tell you something about Ash that is currently very confidential," He says suggestively.

I still do not look at him and bite my lip in confusion. What is so confidential thing about Asher? I shouldn't care but the truth is I do care. But how does Blake know that I want to know that so bad?

"Okay, deal. First you." I say gesturing him to talk.

He smirks,"So....... Ash has a huge crush on someone." I wait for him to continue but he just laughs,"I told you the secret, I'm not gonna elaborate it. It's your turn now, no backing out."

I am not able to form any words so I simply say,"They are gonna bring a cake for you at the lake house."

His eyebrows raise in surprise,"Impressive. Thank you, gotta go bye."

He goes inside his class and I continue to walk not able to concentrate on anything other than his words.

Ash has a crush Lee and that's definitely not you.

********

I plop myself on the couch of my house and sigh loudly. I just got home and I'm very tired due to the walking today. Angela and Kyla are watching tv so I decided to join them.

"Did it go any further with your boy?",Kyla asks curiously.

I frown and say,"Um... no and it never will because we are friends."

And because he likes someone else.

"Oh my god, the teenage dilemma. I swear we act so dumb when we are in high school." Angela grimaces.

My frown deepens and I  look away not bothering to answer her. I'm not in a dilemma, I know what I feel but I don't know what I'm going to do about it.

My thoughts are interrupted by the opening of the front door. I strain my neck backwards to take a look at the person who comes in and smile when I see Lina making her way towards me.

I jump from my seat and exclaime not allowing her a word to speak,"I have to talk to you about something."

She looks confused but nods her head nonetheless. I walk upstairs with her following behind. We enter our room and I sit down on my bed. She comes and sits beside me with curiosity adorning her face.

I blow out a breath and speak,"Blake's birthday is on Friday and everyone has decided to spend the weekend at Wes' lake house. Also, there's a surprise party on the same night and we have to go there right after school. So,........I wanted to ask if I can.......?"

Lina stares at me for a moment and then looks away,"Lee, that's..... I don't know what to say. I mean it may not be safe, I can't let you go to some other place to stay for a whole weekend. I don't even know them probably-"

"But I do." I cut her and plead,"I trust them Lina. I swear they won't do anything which would hurt me. Please believe me, I really wanna go."

I give her my best puppy dog eyes and she sighs,"Okay but I have rules. First you have to call me like every fucking hour and you have to take care of yourself. If anything and I mean anything happens, you will call me. Also give me Ash's number so I can tell him to keep it in his pants."

My widen with a gasp,"Lina! You won't say anything like that."

She rolls her eyes,"Okay, but give it to me incase your phone dies or something."

I just shake my head and then smile,"Thank you so much Lina I'm really excited for this."

She smiles back but then her smile flatters,"What about the tracks? And if Declan......"

"Declan is out of town for two weeks and I'll work all three remaining days so I'll get next two days off. I'm ready to take the risk," I say with a shrug.

She nods with a slight smile,"Yeah, have fun. Oh and I have to ask you to please tell Blake to stop spamming me with insta requests, it's annoying."

I laugh,"I can't do that, he would feel bad."

She just waves it off and then grins excitedly,"You didn't tell me what happend on Saturday."

At the mention of it, I blush and look away. Lina holds my chin and makes me look at her,"Fuck, did you guys kiss?"

I furiously shake my head and she urges me to talk. I sigh and speak,"I like Asher, romantically."

"No shit." She shrugs and says defensively,"What? It was there the whole time, you just did not realise it."

I nibble on my lower lip,"When you put it that way..... but it doesn't matter. Ash already has a crush."

"And why would you think it's not you?" she asks raising her eyebrows.

"Because Blake told me this, why would he snitch on his own best friend?" She looks down and thinks about it.

I shrug and assure her,"It doesn't matter, I like him, I care about him. I'll always care about him and then the liking part will go away eventually. I won't hold onto that."

She looks dejected when she says,"You won't even try?"

I look away and chuckle humourlessly,"I'm not allowed to try for so many reasons. One, I don't even know what being more than friends means. Two, I can't be with someone to whom I have lied about my entire life. Three, my boss is his dad if that even makes sense."

I huff and look at my hands, fiddling with the fingers. She sighs and speaks,"There are millions of guys on this earth and I'm sure you'll find someone. But I want you to promise me that if there is even a 1% chance of you both having a relationship, you won't give up on your happiness."

She takes my hands and I look up at her,"This feeling of being someone's special is very rare and I don't want you to let that go just beacuse of some jackassses. Promise me Lee. If there is a chance you will hold on."

I hold her hands tighter and whisper,"I understand, I promise I will."

I won't let go Lina. I won't if there's even a lose thread to catch on.

********

"Okay, hurry up, there's only two hours left," Eve says looking Amaya and me.

We are hanging on the last bits of decoration for the party and I feel like Eve is going to have a heart attack any minute. We came straight from school to Blake's house and started doing all the preparation. It's not a typical high school party rather it's a sweet birthday party where only his close family members and friends are invited.

"Yeah, we are done." Amaya sticks the last balloon on the wall and descends the ladder.

"Girls, go get ready I'll look after the food prep." Mrs. Easton says coming towards us.

"Thank you Cam, guys let's go." Eve starts running up the stairs and we both follow after her.

We walk into the room where our weekend bags are kept and start getting ready. When we came here I got to know that Blake and Eve are neighbours since they were seven. Blake has always lived here while Eve and Evan's parents shifted here when they were seven. Their parents became good friends and so did they, also their parents treat each other's children as their own. They are so lucky to have not one but two parents.

"Okay, all good?" Eve questions looking at us after getting ready.

We both nod and then all of us walk down the stairs. Its seven, Blake and the boys will be here at seven thirty. They went to some place to eat as an excuse to keep Blake away. They said Blake is always down for free food. He asked why weren't we coming but Amaya just said that girls have a lot to pack for three days.

"Everything is perfect. Now we just wait for Blake." Mrs Easton says as we step down the last step.

We wait for another ten minutes and then hear a car pulling up in the driveway. One of Blake's cousin looks out the window and,"It's them guys be ready."

The lights are turned off and we wait for them to walk into the house. As soon as the door creaks open and their footsteps echo, the lights are turned on and everyone shouts  "Happy Birthday Blake!"

"What the fuck!" Blake screams in surprise placing his hand on his chest.

"Blake language!" Mrs Easton says sternly making all of us laugh.

********

I know there is so much happening in this chapter but nothing is exciting. But I have to build the plot for the upcoming major things😉

So stay tuned......

What was the best part of the chapter for you?

I actually had an idea to write Asher's POV but then I decided against it. Would you guys like his POV later in the story?

If you liked the chapter please vote!! You know it means a lot!

- Love❤

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

8.5M 290K 55
Nicholas Adams has lived a life of abuse from his alcoholic father and sex addict mother. So growing up was tough. He makes sure everyone fears him...
111 4 17
Friendships are fragile, but they become important when invested. So are Relationships. But out of those two, which is more important? Would you rath...
27.3K 490 28
Everything hurt. The pain the flooded over my entire body. I could feel the blood seeping out and the bruises beginning to form as I just lay here...
478K 9.3K 51
Nathan Kingston has been forgotten by the world. A dad that fucked off when he was young and a mother gone days at a time with work he feels alone. E...