ZSEN

By nathanielpoirrier

(FINISHED WRITING, BEING REVISED!) An only child, by the name of Nathaniel, has a very unfortunate life. Unpo... More

Chapter 0 - Introduction
Chapter 1 - The Project
Chapter 2 - Blackout
Chapter 3 - Happy Eighteenth
Chapter 4 - Encountered
Chapter 5 - Clashing
Chapter 6 - The Date
Chapter 7 - Misdemeanor
Chapter 8 - Lizzie
Chapter 9 - Nathaniel
Chapter 10 - Zsen
Chapter 11 - First Day
Chapter 12 - Preperation
Chapter 13 - The Show Must Go On
Chapter 14 - Last Night
Chapter 15 - Settling In
Chapter 16 - Reputation
Chapter 17 - Demons
Chapter 18 - One Sided
Chapter 19 - Identity Thief
Chapter 20 - Zander
Chapter 21 - Publicity
Chapter 22 - Fenge
Chapter 23 - Standoff
Chapter 24 - Bonds
Chapter 25 - Complications
Chapter 26 - Lost Hope
Chapter 27 - Alive
Chapter 28 - Management
Chapter 29 - Who Are You
Chapter 30 - Legend Of Carter Jones
Chapter 31 - Ardent
Chapter 32 - Upheaval
Chapter 33 - Get Up
Cha¶tër ¾ ~ Icarus
Chapter 35 - Insight
Chapter 36 - Moralities
Chapter 37 - Misrule
Chapter 38 - Family
Chapter 39 - Compromise
Chapter 40 - The Monster I've Become (Lizzie 2)
Chapter 41 - Atone
Chapter 42 - Nieghborly
Chapter 43 - Blood Money
Chapter 44 - A Champion Is Born (Pt 1/2)
Chapter 45 - Surrealism
Chapter 46 - Reformed
Chapter 47 - No Mans Land
Chapter 48 - As Days Go By
Chapter 49 - Query
Chapter 50 - Left For Dead
Chapter 51 - Conspiracy
Chapter 52 - Uneasy
Chapter 53 - New Faces
Chapter 54 - Warriors Of Generation Zenith
Chapter 55 - Conclusion
Patient ~ Lizzie Zaeva
Patient ~ Cornelius Hale

Chapter 44 - A Champion Is Born (Pt 2/2)

17 4 0
By nathanielpoirrier

(The screens shows a rapid cycle of codes until it stops on P160 Vs G2752737.)

"The Shadow Walker Vs our only Purple ranking participant, Kingston! Now, switching over to our commentators."

*The crowd Cheers!*

"Who the hell is Kingston?"
James says.

I'm practically speechless.

"It's a gang member who killed Pico's family... Why the hell is he here?!"

"General had decided to let him have a chance to join the Warriors based on how he performs tonight. I do not believe that you, Nathaniel, have any right to argue as you were given a big unearned opportunity as well. However, from what I have gathered he is a very reasonable man who has been dealt some bad hands. He is also a very talented soldier, so I believe General sees something in him others don't. Sound familiar?"

I'm pissed. However, she's right. I've been in his situation before and it's difficult being misunderstood and forced into situations.

"So, this guy is getting away with murder?"

"Well, no. He was a top-dog and let others do the dirty work for him. He has murdered, however, it was his own gang members that he killed. Yes, it doesn't give him the okay to do so, but, General has heard his story and has his ways... Now he's been given his first and last chance to prove himself."

"Damn... I always knew General had power, but I never realized it was that much power!"

I keep quiet.

The dome sets a huge wooden flooring. There are two tunnel entry-ways for the contenders to enter from.

The two enter the dome. They both begin waving to the crowd. However, as Pico slowly realizes who his opponent is, his demeanor quickly changes. The two are being led to each other in between the two entrances to pay-respects and wish their opponent good luck. That's a tradition at these events to do so.

Once they reach the center, Kingston keeps his hands down and stands tall. He has a smirk as he looks badass, like a boss. Pico spits at his feet and quickly turns around to head back to his transportation-pod.

The crowd is going nuts with mixed emotions. This must not happen very often. Kingston turns and walks away dominantly.

"What a turn of events we have here. Folks, we may be looking at a grudge match between these two! Whatever their history, I am sure we will be having quite the first-round match here tonight!"

As the dome empties, the arena begins to construct. It looks like a giant bunker. The walls are tall and made of steel. There are metal beams along with metal poles all around the map. It looks random and dangerous for hand to hand combat.

Pico and Kingston spawn in and the match begins!

"And they're off! P160 rushes into cover. What's this? Kingston seems to have what looks to be a metal rod."

"I sure hope he doesn't plan on using that against the Shadow Walker. The whole purpose of a Signature Melee is to, well, be your melee weapon."

"The fact is, some would rather have a melee weapon as their primary. However, normally only very high tiers have that sort of thing going on."

"Kingston seems to have no concern whatsoever, walking around in the open. Shadow Walker now has vision of Kingston and gets into a better position to strike. Like a predator stalking its prey, P160 is waiting for the right opportunity to strike."

"Shadow Walker jumps out of cover unloading a full mag, Kingston twirls his metal staff-what's this?! Kingston's staff extends on both ends like a fan, blocking all of the bullets headed his way!"

"I have got to say, I hadn't seen that coming by a long-shot! His staff extended left on the top half and right on the bottom half into two blades like a scythe."

"Kingston quickly follows through, converting the bottom half of the staff, digs it into the ground to launch himself toward the Shadow Walker! Without hesitation, Kingston quickly decapitates the Shadow Walker, however, in a shocking turn of events, that was an early use of P160's Shadow Walk!"

"Now, many have speculated and analyzed P160's performance. He seems to use his Shadow Walk early more frequently as of lately. I believe this is a new strategy to unveil the opponent's surprise and gather information on the opponent. For example, in this case, we do not have any information about this Kingston, however, P160 intelligently doesn't look at his rank or choose to underestimate. He rather saw Kingston as an opponent like everyone else participating here today."

"Pico crawls out of hiding and takes yet another stealthy approach toward Kingston. Kingston seems to have no concern and continues to stay in the open. It's like deja-vu here folks! Let us hope the beloved Shadow Walker doesn't repeat the fate of his Shadow."

"P160, throwing a frag-grenade ahead of Kingston just out of sight."

*Boom!*

"P160 quickly rushes toward the explosion! Does he not realize he threw a grenade?!"

"Kingston turns around and equips his secondary Pistol, the desert eagle. Bout time if you ask me... P160 unloads both of his uzi's into the back of Kingston!"

"I see. The explosion was meant to be obvious yet it was also meant to look like P160 mistakingly overthrew it. P160 then hid by the explosion to get the advantage onto Kingston. Kingston takes P160's every shot and... appears to not be bothered? He slowly turns to face P160 and-what's this? Is he laughing?"

"Even with that amount of disrespect, I'm more curious as to why his vitals haven't changed. He seems completely unscathed. Now they appear to be talking."

"Let's swap over to the domes microphones to maybe have a little insight into what's happening."

"Why are you here, you child murdering bastard?"

"..."

"You think you have everyone fooled like you done nothing wrong, huh? Well, you is not about to fool me. I'm gonna take you down and tear you limb from limb and make sure you just alive enough to suffer through it all!"

"Haha! You a funny little weed rat like they say bout chu. I don't know if you realize you can never beat me. No matter what handicap I have; no matter what advantage you got... No matter how much bloodlust fill your eyes... You will never surpass those who have already suffered your pain. You will never beat me in anything... as I've been down your path hundreds of times. This is yo first walk boy."

(The two, without hesitation, lunge at one another, Pico with his bayonet, Kingston with his staff. Trading blows, Kingston seems unaffected as Pico takes hits and pushes forward with pure will. Eventually, Pico is unable to move and remains helpless as he is on all fours using all of his strength to get back up.)

"Y-You... You are... El Diablo... Cold as the steel you wield. You will never know my pain!"

(Kingston removes his top revealing his torso. A huge scar traces diagonally on his side and is followed by a second not quite as long scar along with it.)

"No quise hacerle daño a tu familia. I didn't choose my life. I didn't choose to run with the gang. They killed my family too. Left me scarred and made me decide between two paths... Join my family... Or make a new one. Was I to go back, I'd never make the same decision again in a million."

Pico is executed and the crowd goes crazy. Kingston, unaware the crowd could hear them both, immediately obtains a huge hit of popularity. However, popularity to Kingston is very undesirable. Pico's popularity on the other hand took a huge hit and dropped a tremendous amount. Drama is what the people are eager for, so this is becoming the number one topic on people's minds.

"Holy shit! Erm, pardon my language."

"Apologies accepted, James. That was very-how do I put this... Unexpected."

"Oh yeah, Pamela? Did you miscalculate or something? Haha."

"Not at all, Nathaniel. Pico was very weak in the mind that match and gave himself the disadvantage. Kingston played him like a toy. It was all mind games."

"What do you mean?"

"Well, James, if you analyzed the situation instead of listening to the drama, you could see Pico had an urge to kill this fight. He didn't get sloppy and he was playing it smart so he could enjoy killing him. However, once Kingston was unaffected, it started to drain on him; it gave him doubt and fear. Kingston played a lot of bluff and cocky impressions to seem like he was in control. Kingston made Pico feel like there was no winning giving him doubt causing him to be reckless. I can guarantee you that I know exactly why he seemed so unaffected and once you understand, everything he does will just make more sense. Also, just for a plus, when he was talking about being scarred, he was talking about losing his family. The real physical scars are from a Corrupted and as a doctor who has her own Corrupted buddy... Trust me, I know."

"Wait a minute... Are you saying?!"

"Yeah... He's like you, Nathaniel. As I said this was— unexpected. It's all a mental game."

"This is insane! So there is more than just one who can control it, Nathaniel?"

"Haha! Then you will be in for quite the treat here soon."

"There's more? Are all of the Warriors Corrupted?!"

"Now, folks, if we may please have your attention! After an exciting first match, let us move on to the next match. 3... 2... 1!"

"..."

"The Grand-Axe-Kicker Vs Lizzie Zaeva!"

*The crowd Roars!*

"Geez, this was certainly wanted."

The dome sets the stage as they both approach each other. They both bow and wish each other good luck.

Some of the audience melts in awe. For some reason burns my heart and I feel angry.

The two head back and the dome forms an arena.

*The Crowd Mumbles in confusion.*

The stage is just a giant metal floor with random concrete pillars scattered about. Is this right?

"Interesting."

"What is it?"

"They gave each of them an unexpected advantage. Zander without a doubt will destroy those pillars for either an attack or distraction, but the area is very open in favor of Lizzie. Lizzie is deadly while she has sight of you, she is very mobile and fast with her strikes. You also cannot be fooled by her smg. It has the same accuracy and range as an AR with how she's modded it."

"Oh definitely. Her blades are razor-sharp and she is very precise. She can cut you open with an unrecoverable slice that will bleed you out within three seconds or longer if she so pleases. She is very smart and tactical, she'll always be in control, even if she is at a disadvantage."

"..."

The two of them stare at me.

"What?"

"We know whose side you're on."

They both chuckle as Lizzie and Zander are transported into the arena.

"And we are off! Without any hesitation, Z719 slides behind a pillar, Z666 rushes straight toward her, pulling his axe out and dragging the blade behind him against the steel floor."

"Gotta give him some style points for that, as the sound is not only deafening, but it is oh so terrifying. Lizzie, however, seams unbothered and climbs on top of the pillar, the Grand-Axe-Kicker wastes no time in swinging his Axe in a full 180'degree angle slamming into the pillar and not quite piercing it as we thought."

"Finally, some humanity is being shown here tonight. Z666 had some good hesitation. You see, he last saw Z719 hide behind the pillar so he swung the Axe just hard enough to hit her."

"I see, unfortunately, Z719 has already climbed the top of the pillar and jumped to a few farther away from him. She wants to be completely gone from his knowledge and she is gonna stalk him like prey. Question is, will Z666 begin to run on rage or will he think about how he is going to handle this situation."

"He already seems dazed as he's looking around for her new position. Gotta give her credit, she has played this excellently. She not only has control of the situation but, she now has her opponent confused and scrambled. Now she waits for an opening."

"Z666 is now striking pillars down with one blow in a rage, hoping to find his blade through her neck. Z719 has gotten a perfect point to strike him down from behind. She seems to have decided on using her signature melee to please the crowd rather than playing it safe and shooting him dead on the spot."

"She leaps toward him, however-look at this! The arena floor is opening up along the center, causing Z719 to fall in! Z666 now finally has vision of her once again and I do not think he will let her out of his sight once again."

"The arena seems to be a mechanical wonderland! An entire metal city rises up and why? Well, I've just been informed that a specific pillar is required to be destroyed to cause the arena to open up as it just has before us."

"Z666 better consider himself lucky. He was just a few seconds away from death. Not only that, but he also regained knowledge of Z719's position."

"Now Z719 is going to have to reposition if she wants to regain the advantage. Z666 plunges slamming his axe down just missing her. Z719 pulls out her signature and-woah! Look at this folks, she isn't playing around. She's turned on her laser scimitar mode and she is looking to finish things right here, right now!"

"Now this has gotta be one of the most terrifying fights we have had here in a long time. If you are new around here, these two may have quick battles, however, it will always be some of the most brutal. Both deadly soldiers who are both not scared of making a bloody mess of a crime scene."

"That's definitely one of many ways to put it, but let us hop back into the action. The two are pacing in a circle around one another. They are waiting for the other to pull another move, analyzing each other's every movement. You must keep in mind both of these opponents have fought against one another many times before. So, what that means is that these two are very comfortable and have little concern for their errors as they won't make many."

"So what you're saying is that they have mastered the knowledge of how to fight each other and how the other fights."

"Exact-Z666 rocket-jumps toward Z719 and cleaves her straight through the gut! A very risky move by him that surely paid off. Although a very unique modification to his suit, he rarely uses it as it tends to put him in a bad position."

"Now, let me just address the fact that he seems to have practiced that move enough to have better handling on it. He did a very nice fluent swing of his axe with that jump which we haven't seen before."

"Z666 doesn't seem done, however! Look as he steps on the ground and adjusts himself to do another rocket-jump right back from where he came! Slashes Z719 in the back as he does a twirl in the air and lands with the head of his axe in the ground. The amount of weight and strength swung into both of those swings must've been incredible. Quite frankly, I don't see Z719 winning this, even if the odds were on her side."

"Now just wait for a second! What is this? Z719 has some sort of metal armor?! She launches a storm of metal knives from her armor! Does she seem to be glowing?"

"I believe so. Is this a sign of another steliac or do we have yet another Corrupted wielder?"

"I'm not to sure, but if I had to place my bets, I would have to say it has to do with the rumors of her being the subject for the super-soldier. This is exactly something I would call a super-soldier and it'd only make sense that it would be a suit of armor that's also a weapon."

"Ah, yes. That does sound a lot more sensible for her. Z666 just evaded most of the knives however got hit in the shoulder by one. His arm is limped! What is he going to do now that he can no longer wield his axe? He's charging toward her with just his left fist. Does he plan on trying to fist-fight her?"

"I believe so. Z719, at the speed of light, begins slashing him open over and over from every direction! This is it, folks! Z719 looks to be our win-ooh! Z666 throws an insanely accurate heavy punch to send Z719 flying straight toward the ground. He may be gushing blood, but, he proceeds to run and fight!"

"This is a very phenomenal battle we have here! Z719 catches up and with no hesitation, stabs Z666 straight through his shoulders! She kick-flips off his back and lands. She! Is! Ready! To! End! This! And she has given us quite a show! She sprints toward Z666 for a decapita-woah-woah-woah!"

*The Crowd Ooh's!*

"I can not beleive it... Z666 overhead swung his axe with one hand, slamming Z719 and completely slaying her! Z666 is our winner!"

"Nathaniel, this is really good! Lizzie was able to regenerate!"

"Huh, oh shit, I forgot! Thank goodness."

"That means she's mostly human... She controlled it so much better. But she was doing something different... This is interesting."

"What do you mean?"

"Let's just keep watching."

The arena clears out and resets itself to the regular wooden-floored stage.

"Ladies and gentlemen! A very action-packed second round! Now, let us see our next round of contenders. Let's hope for another very promising outcome from these results... 3... 2... 1!"

"..."

"Riverickson III Vs Corn Ruler of All The World!"

"I have gotta say, that is quite a ridiculous title. Personally, won't call him that. We really need to start regulating these names."

"Agreed, haha."

Corn is up against Riveck. This should be interesting for sure. I'm definitely looking forward to seeing how Corn performs.

Corn and Riveck meet up in the middle. Corn bows, Riveck surprisingly does the same. They both leave and the stage is set.

The arena looks like outer space. This should be interesting considering this might have a zero-gravity effect I've never seen before.

"This is definitely going to be a treat for everyone watching as this will be the first time we have ever had an arena staged quite like this!"

"Corn and Riveck. Gotta say this seems quite one-sided between these two. They are both now on the field! It seems there is no gravity here after all. They appear to be inside a ring of asteroids circling an obviously unreachable planet."

"You say that now, however, it seems as though one of the contestants has already launched himself straight toward the planet, not realizing he will eventually hit a wall."

"Ah yes. Although the domes have very few arenas hologram a stage with no walls, those that do have an illusion of space that is inaccessible. After all, they are just holograms."

"Corn slams into the wall, Riverickson immediately notices and he charges a Crystallization. This is special to Riverickson and his own unique Steliac power. He has the power to form crystal weapons and shoot light beams as well as control lightning and make portals. He is definitely one of the most powerful soldiers here, but he had to go through a whole ton of pain for it and many frown upon him for it."

"He shoots a beam and Corn's left arm is evaporated. Well, it looks like this is going to be a fast one folks."

*Bam!*

(The crowd silences as everyone is in shock. Riveck collapses and falls onto an asteroid. With the little strength he has, he portals himself onto another asteroid away from Corn.)

"I... I have no idea what Corn did to injure Riveck but it looks to be bullet wound."

"He had no clear shot! This must be a much more intense match than we expected. Riveck charges another crystallization. Corn pulls out an interesting looking sniper. He aims around and seems to find exactly where Riveck is."

"He is wielding the long sniper with one arm! He must be stronger than what a first glance appearance may entail. He aims the sniper to the left and... Shoots? Wait, would you look at this! His bullets seem to be homing straight for Riveck's head! He turns and sets his gun over his shoulder."

"I have gotta say, folks, this is one interesting and unexpected badass. Wait a second, Riveck seems to be rising! His eyes glowing white and his veins popping out. He seems to have arisen from the dead!"

"I gotta be honest, I love seeing what these steliacs do. They always surprise ya!"

"Riveck unleashes a striking lightning bolt straight through Corn!"

"..."

"Riverickson is our winner!"

*The Crowd Roars in excitement!*

"That was interesting."

"Heck yeah it was, Pamela. This Corn dude is so zany yet awesome!"

"So that's what he must have meant earlier."

"What?"

"He told me there is no need to train. All you need to do is aim and shoot. His gun must have a targeting system in his scope, then all he does is shoot and it will home straight through them."

"Ah, I see. Unfortunately, he underestimated the power of a steliac and presumed him dead."

"Corn really is unpredictable."

"Sadly, that is exactly why he cannot be the new Champion. He is just not fit to be one."

"Yeah, whatever. If he wins there ain't nothing anybody can do, Pamela. Sorry, but that's just how it is."

"Not exactly. They will no longer be doing it by who is the last alive anymore. They do it by best performance. Most tactical, most versatile, kill points, all sorts of things. No judges either, it's all automated and analyzed by a computer system. Also, unlike normal, they respawn now. So it's gonna be a bloodbath. Once the hour is up, it's last man standing and the final three get bonus points with first, of course, giving the most points."

"Wow, so this is gonna be a show?"

"Yeah, I'm super excited now!"

"Ladies and gentleman! We are now down to our final two Warriors. V!K!O Vs Camellia! Now, let us welcome them into the arena."

*Crowd Cheers!*

Rosalin and Vadice meet in the middle, shake hands, and wish each other good luck.

The arena is set and it looks like this one will be on a long battleship with ocean water surrounding them.

"3...2...1! They are off!"

"Now I don't know about you, but, these two have got to be my two favorites to see in battle. I'm quite delighted to see that these two are pinned up against one another. Personally, I can see either of these two with a high probability of achieving the rank of Champion."

"Definitely. Camellia is a name itself that really exemplifies her own lovely yet bloody style of combat and when you see her fight, you understand exactly what I mean."

"Let's not forget V!K!O She is a force to be reckoned with. She has modified her armor to have drills installed on the outside edges of her wrists. She drills them into a surface or an object and it'll become as light as a feather. So yeah she could tear apart an entire fortress with ease and, yes, use it as a weapon."

"The two are wandering around the ship. V!K!O looking for anything useful for her inevitable encounter with Camellia. Camellia on the other hand is taking a more cautious approach, being silent and listening for any noises. She wants a clean elimination and to do that, she must have time to prepare her weapons. In order to have time, she must have the advantage of knowledge to truly pull that off."

"Now would you look at this! Holograms of civilians appear to be boarding the ship and it looks to be ready to move! This may be our first ever arena that contains an entire movement in the dome. Technology seems to advance each every day here, folks. Tonight is quite the treat."

"With that said, the ship does seem to be moving across an ocean. Cannot wait to see what this entails. The people not only have created a distraction, but now, there seems to be a mass amount of noise surrounding the two Warriors. Camellia seems to be a bit more reckless and as if she has no concern with making noise. V!K!O on the other hand appears to be drilling into a wall!"

"Not too sure what she is supposed to do drilling into walls in this situation."

"No, it seems that she is planting some sort of device into the walls! Camellia is certainly going to need to remain cautious of V!K!O if she wants to survive this."

"No doubt about that... Camellia finally seems to be approaching V!K!O with a height advantage. Well, look at this. I believe we all know how this is going and I have got to say, it couldn't be more in favor of Camellia at the moment."

"Camellia throws her notorious throwing-stars, the Blood Blossoms!"

*Crowd Roars with excitement!*

"I love it, you love it, we all love it. Let's get a birds-eye-view of this scene. As you can see she has mastered throwing these in a perfect arc that, with her modifications, it circles in toward her target. With a light red stream that follows and perfect precision, it faultlessly makes an excellent floral design from this angle."

"Although, with V!K!O fully aware of her tactics, she understands the only way out is to get them to hit the wrong target. These shurikens lock-on to their target, which is the reason for the light that follows them, and will not stop unless they collide. Sharply, V!K!O ducks and the shurikens collide with one another-"

*Explosion!*

"But, would you look at this! Camellia must have modified for these to explode! V!K!O is surprisingly still alive, but Camellia is looking to finish this- pulls out her signature melee-"

*Explosion!*

"V!K!O had installed bombs?! Camellia is launched from the explosion and knocked down while V!K!O gets back up, bleeding from her eardrums and her armor seems to be completely unaffected by the blast! V!K!O, with no hesitation-uhm? Pins Camellia down?"

"She seems to be planting two drill bombs right beside Camellia on the floor! V!K!O must have modified her armor to be blast-proof! This was in no way intentional in according to Camellia's new assets, however, it is completely convenient to-Woah woah, wait a minute! The Bloody Blossoms seem to be forming around them once more!"

*Explosions!*

"..."

"As the smoke fades away here, folks... We seem to have one winner... Camellia is our winner!"

*Crowd Cheers in excitement!*

"How did she survive?!"

"James... It would seem that Rosalin too had modified her armor for explosion. Rather than the shurikens exploding, they cut straight through Vadice's armor and vital organs. I am quite impressed, I've gotta say. I never knew she had it in her. Her accuracy along with her elegant style... It really is something."

"Yeah, It is. Vadice didn't stand a chance."

"Well, Nathaniel, yes... but also no. If she didn't have such an ego, then she'd probably have won that. She didn't once use a single weapon from her arsenal. She only used her armor and yeah it possessed her bombs but, she played cocky and it got her killed."

"Yeah, I guess you're right."

"Ladies and gentlemen, we will now be administering a thirty-minute break before our soldiers compete in their last event to finally decide our new Champion."

"Well, you guys gotta use the restroom?"

"No, I'm fine."

"Well, I'll be right back."

"Alright, James. Be safe."

He nods as he heads out of the arena toward the restrooms.

"So, Pamela?"

"Yes."

"Who do you think is gonna pull it off and become Champion?"

"Well, to be honest I don't really know who I am rooting for now. They all really impressed me. Hell, even Corn! If the few who lost learn from their simple mistakes of attitude... James was right, I can see any of them winning."

"Yeah, I guess so."

"What do you mean?"

"Well, I still have a lot of faith in Lizzie. She is just all-around fit. If not her, I would honestly love Pico to be the next champion."

"Pico? Hmm... I would be concerned with the language barrier if he's gonna be the leader to the Warriors."

"It wouldn't really be different. Plus he is very charismatic and great for the general mood of things."

"Fair. How are you holding up?"

"I'm good. Just anxious to see who wins."

.......

James gets back just in time as the final match is about to begin.

"It hasn't started yet, has it?"

"No, you are just in time."

I grab the big popcorn bag to eat for the last match.

"Ladies and gentlemen, settle in for our final match to decide who will be our new Champion! Rules are new this time around, but simple. One hour of constant action, last man standing after the hour is up, best score will be ranked our new United States Champion!"

*The Crowd Cheers!*

"Without further ado, let's welcome our Soldiers into the arena to pay respects for our country and what we are fighting for. We are honored to have Lorena Hughes lead us upon singing our national anthem."

Everyone lines up at the center of the stage facing their opponent they each have just battled. This woman stands off to the side of them singing the national anthem.

...

She finishes and a light-show surrounds the dome with all sorts of beautiful vibrant colors.

The soldiers all shake hands besides Corn and Riveck who bow, then Pico and Kingston who trade ugly looks. Everyone goes their separate ways as the arena sets and everyone sets up.

The arena... It's... Corrupted!

*Crowd Mumbles and Murmurs.*

"Hey, what kind of sick joke is this?"

"It seems that this will be their stage, James. It makes more sense now... They will not only have to compete against one another, but they will also have to face an endless horde of Corrupted."

"Pamela, that's completely uncomforting! People lost friends and family to those fucking things and it's a trigger!"

"Nathaniel, do not! Yell at me. I am not the one who makes these decisions and last I checked, they didn't kill you for being a trigger warning... So you have no room to speak of the subject."

Damn... Pamela actually snapped at me for that. Maybe I should settle down.

"I guess it makes sense. Our Champion should be more than capable enough of taking down hordes of Corrupted hours on end nonstop."

"Agreed, James."

"Alright, as our soldiers spawn in and get into position, I think we should address the elephant in the room. Look at this stage!"

"Yeah, it's definitely grueling and depressing to see. So if you're asking yourself if there will be Corrupted, your answer is yes! Each Corrupted has a tier list with varying values of points. However, eliminating players value the more abundant points. So, let us jump in and see the action!"

Everyone's in and already at combat! This is crazy...

"The Grand-Axe-Kicker seems to have found himself already clashing with V!K!O. Zander slices her gut open whilst launching her about ten feet away! He looks to be ready to eliminate her-"

*Boom!*

"But, she must have placed a mine toward that direction and has gotten our first kill on Zander-but, ooh! She has reached her blood level and Zander is now also on the scoreboard."

"Lizzie has a sneaky sight of Kingston. I gotta believe she is looking for easy points by picking out the lowest rank here. What's this! Lizzie equips this still very unfamiliar design of armor which I suspect is our rumored super-soldier armor."

"She seems to have a much more excellent control over it. Maybe she learned something new with her match against Zander. Lizzie strikes a swarm of blades from her armor straight through Kingston. Kingston, yet again, looks to be unharmed by attacks."

"Kingston pulling out his metal rod and gets into a stance-Lizzie wasting no time, dashes toward Kingston looking to slash him open with her new blade arm suit. A loud cling as Kingston blocks-Lizzie leverages her body to kick off of his staff behind him, lands, and, without hesitation, decapitates Kingston! He's reached his blood level and is dead! Lizzie is now on the scoreboard!"

"During that action let's show a five-second replay of what we just missed, the death of Zander yet again, he was beautifully executed by Camellia with her signature move, Blood Blossoms! Clean kill with a fast reaction by her giving herself some points. Riveck, showing himself to P160-"

"Let me cut you off real quick. Riveck has just seen P160 use his Shadow-Step to engage in a brawl between Kingston and V!K!O. He is now engaging  P160's real form. Riveck unleashing a powerful crystallization, completely evaporating P160."

"That has gotta hurt. I must say, all powers such as P160's Shadow-Step are reset upon death or a two-minute timer. V!K!O unloads two clips on Kingston as he slowly approaches her unarmed and unharmed! V!K!O is trapped-Kingston grabs her by the neck and lifts her off the ground with insane amounts of power-what the hell is up with this guy?!"

"Kingston gruesomely punches her face in over and over again till she has reached her blood level. Cold-hearted and horrifying are my two words that entirely describe this guy. With his constant menacing look, he is not someone you want to encounter!"

"Couldn't have said it better myself. Now, real quick, I would like to point our attention to Corn. This man has somehow climbed his way up atop a floating building in the far back. This guy, we all have clearly seen that he uses a sniper rifle."

"What is he doing?"

"Believe your eyes folks, he has spawned in a foot-long sandwich! As I am here looking into his loadout, yes! He has made his sandwich somehow bypass secondary weapon technology, and has implemented it into a nice lunch."

"This guy is oddly inspiring and hear me out. He seems to always be so at peace with his situation-P160 has just used Shadow-Step right in front of Camellia! Look at this! He seems to be fighting alongside it now! It is no longer just a scout, but, it seems to be a duplicate of himself!"

"Camellia makes the smart decision and throws her shurikens to form Blood Blossoms around P160's real form. The blades pierce him and-what's this! P160 appears to have switched places with his hologram! P160 unloads both clips of his uzis and has eliminated Camellia. This is exactly what we all wanted with this group: constant action and surprises!"

"Now everyone, just take a second to look around. The moment we've been waiting for... Coming up on ten minutes... The Corrupted are now scattered around the arena."

"You can just feel how tense everyone has become, hell, Corn even pit down his sandwich for this. The Grand-Axe-Kicker strikes down unsuspecting V!K!O and continues his rampage on a group of nearby Corrupted. Lizzie seemingly doing the same, eliminating Riveck and moving toward a group of Corrupted-takes them out within a flash and is already hunting for more!"

"P160-woah! He is taking on two groups of Corrupted with his Shadow form. The one he is actually facing is the same one with Zander. The Grand-Axe-Kicker seems to be trying to eliminate P160 for the bonus points, however, P160 shreds through the Corrupted and runs away from any conflict with Zander!"

"I don't quite understand his reasoning unless he doesn't think he can take Zander on. Little disappointed. Riveck seems to have found himself against the terrifying man, Kingston. Kingston approaches yet again with no fear. Riveck channels his power to create a huge storm over the entire arena! Riveck throws continuous lightning bolts at Kingston-Kingston leaping forward whilst releasing the bladed form of his rod! Riveck creates a portal in front of himself and sends Kingston flying toward a group of Corrupted!"

"P160 executes Kingston! Completely stealing that from Riveck and eliminating more Corrupted. These seem to be the lower tier of Corrupted for now, however, just as I say that, V!K!O is killed by an overwhelming horde of Corrupted! This is not her match tonight, folks."

"Corn, on the other hand, seems to have racked up quite a bit of points. He is now 2nd place running up behind 1st place P160. It seems like he had the plan of attracting no attention and only eliminating Corrupted. Color me impressed."

"This guy is definitely a book full of surprises. Lizzie, our fan-favorite, isn't too far behind in 3rd place. She seems to be catching up, completely tearing through Corrupted after Corrupted. She doesn't have the instant kill of Corn's sniper with the auto-aim, nor does she have two of herself to wipe out multiple Corrupted at the same time. However, she has the speed to do it faster than the proccess of Corn's sniper and the skill to eliminate the Corrupted in more abundance than P160's shadow move."

"Not only that but it seems to only be getting harder as more and more Corrupted are released. She will definitely last longer than those two but also she can compete against two other soldiers at the same time. She definitely will be the most consistent of this bunch. Camellia has found herself another victim under the Blood Blossoms. Kingston fully aware of what's going on seems to be laughing! He is pierced by the shurikens, they explode... and he is still standing!"

"But he doesn't appear to be laughing this time. He slowly walks toward Camellia as she quickly dashes right past-Woah! Kingston sends his arm out and she slams into the ground. Kingston wastes no time to... I can't watch!"

"Yet again, Kingston gives no easy way out and rams fist after fist into her face until she reaches her blood level. He cold-hearted but he is getting his job done I guess. He doesn't seem to be bothering the Corrupted, it looks as though he only wants the big points here. V!K!O finally seems to have brought out the big guns! This is what we've been expecting from her! RPG in one hand and a Minigun in the other!"

"Boom! Corrupted. Boom! Riveck. Boom! Corrupted after another! Boom! Zander! She is going all out now.  Seems she was just having her fun but now, it's all business. Thirty minutes in and now... The high tier Corrupted are released."

"Everyone seems to finally have found their own Corrupted to deal with besides Corn who appears to have started eating a sandwich again while aiming his sniper. Riveck using the lighting and environment to his advantage. Kingston dancing around his Corrupted and hitting it bluntly with his metal rod."

"V!K!O unleashing all she has onto the Corrupted. P160 double-teaming one. Zander and Lizzie seem to both strike their high tier Corrupted's leg and they're ready to execute. Camellia throws her Blood Blossoms. All in sync, they execute-"

*Bang!*

(The entire dome and stadium rumble as everyone is in shock.)

"I... I-I cannot believe this! Corn shoots a glowing green bullet with a blue trail following behind and executes everyone's high tier Corrupted!"

"This man... He is always three steps ahead. He shot himself a shot to pull him from 4th all the way to 1st! In all my days, I have never seen anything quite like that done before!"

.......

"Finally, the hour is up. All of the Corrupted have been eliminated which, by our analysts, wasn't seen as possible. Now, it's every man and woman for themselves. P160's shadow takes on Camellia as his real self fight Riveck. Riveck charges a crystallization whilst shooting lightning bolts from his storm. P160 leaps past each strike and shreds down Riveck before he could finish his crystallization. Camellia eliminates what she thought was the real P160. P160 then lands on top of her shoulders and stabs her straight through a vital point and eliminates her."

"Lizzie already eliminated V!K!O and is now facing Zander. Zander rocket jumped toward her swinging his massive axe but oh no buddy, she has learned from before. Lizzie is able to grab hold of the head of his axe and pulls it into the ground flinging Zander with it. She forms her metal arm and eliminates the Grand-Axe-Kicker."

"P160, Kingston, and Lizzie all find themselves circling one another. P160 showers Kingston in bullets-Kingston quickly reacting with the rotation movement of his bladed rod-reflecting the shots toward Lizzie. Lizzie suiting up in her metal suit form."

"Is this a true stalemate? Lizzie dashes toward Kingston-Kingston reverting his metal rod and thrusts it toward Lizzie-Lizzie leaps on top of the rod and Kingston flings her toward P160. P160 quickly unloads his mags onto Kingston as he is unable to defend himself-P160 rolls forward. Kingston seemingly unharmed as P160 guys him with his bayonet knife, eliminating Kingston! What a play by all three of these soldiers. It almost seemed rehearsed and that's exactly how good their reflexes are."

"Lizzie versus P160. Lizzie throws a swarm of blades from her armor, P160 unloads two clips toward what seems to be an opening in her suit from the released blades. Lizzie quickly blocks the opening with her arms and throws a huge bombardment of blades. Her... Her armor is gone but, she seems to be glowing purple. What exactly is going on?"

"In a huge turn of events, Corns leaps off of the building. Nobody remembered his presence! Corn... Fails the landing and eliminates... himself. Lizzie is our last one standing!"

*The Crowd cheers in Excitement!*

The scores were hidden the entire last half of the match. The arena resets into the wooden stage but this time an area for everyone to stand on. General comes out as everyone follows behind him and onto the stage area. A spotlight focuses on the entire center stage area.

"Hello everyone! I hope that was quite the show for all of y'all."

*The Crowd Cheers!*

"I would like to have a few words before we begin ranking our new Champion. We all serve here. Most of us unwillingly... I was always a soldier from the moment I had a conscience. I have always wanted to do what was right even when it wasn't understood by many. Ever since I was in command I'll be honest, I didn't make the right choices. My partner, for obvious reasons, couldn't be my partner any longer. However, without her guidance and moral support, I wouldn't be here today still fighting for what's right. No matter what your rank, we are all human. So in a world like this, do your part to make everyone's lives better... Not just your own. So although we are all mostly here unwillingly, there is always a way for everyone to fight for what's right. Whether you're out fighting the frontline or behind the commands, whether you're the doctors or the scientist behind the closest thing to magic on this earth— You all can better this planet!"

*The Crowd Applauds!*

"So without further ado, let's rank our Champion!"

*The Crowd Cheers!*

"I would like to first give a few rewarding awards. First off, the most humane. I would like to bestow this award to... N377-Corn, ruler of all the world, haha! Come here, buddy."

*The Crowd Applauds!*

"This man, haha! This man did not kill a single person here today. This is the perfect soldier's spirit. That's more honorable than any other award I have here. With this award, you have free unlimited access to one of my favorite fine dining restaurants here, the Light Winged Rail."

"I guess It'll do nicely after you rank me Champion."

"Haha! We shall see. Up next, most controlled. This is the perfect soldier's mind. This person keeps their cool under all circumstances. There was only one who was under harsh conditions yet kept their head together. This award will go to... Z719!"

*The Crowd Cheers!*

"Lizzie, not once did you fall under pressure or panic when outnumbered or outmatched."

"I don't believe I was ever outmatched here, sir."

"Haha! I love your confidence, Lizzie. With that said... I would like to offer you something I know you've been wishing for. I want you to become my leading Sergeant Commander of the Steal Guard."

Lizzie looks ecstatic yet calm. Everyone is loud and cheering as Lizzie accepts.

"Alright, finally, I would like to award the fittest. This person endured the most pain and kept pushing with the same strength they started with. This is the perfect soldier's body. I award this to... Z666!"

"Of course, didn't have a doubt that was me."

Zander flexes his body.

"Ladies, I'm available."

*Girls Shrieking in the crowd!*

"Alright enough of that. I would also like to give the rank of Warrior to our fine soldier... Kingston!"

*The Crowd mostly Cheers!*

"Now, the moment everyone has been waiting for!"

The dome begins to open up! He's slowly making his way in front of Pico! Woah this is exciting; my heart is pumping! I set the bag of popcorn on the small wall in front of me-
"Oops!"

I dropped the bag into the dome! Shit, General is staring at me! The camera on the main screen looks my way as I see the popcorn still making its way down the long drop. Everyone goes silent. Oh fuck, I'm freaking out!

"You! You are our new Champion!"

*The Crowd shouts and mumbles in Confusion.*

Is he talking about-
"Z237! The Corrupted Wielder!"

I'm completely frozen from shock and fear with my jaw dropped to the floor!

I...

*Tons of Fireworks launch and Explode!*

I'm the new Champion?!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

261 0 11
I was close to dying if not from my sister. I went from bitches at school to my alcoholic, addict abusing mother. Then my best friend decided he want...
366K 19K 39
Five years ago, Gabrielle left Castle Rock to follow her high school sweetheart and the father of her child to college. After he walks out of their l...
1K 157 30
"He might hear you"my best friend said. "Hear what?"he asked from the back and the least I could do was shrivel at the hearing of his voice. "Somethi...
85.5K 2.2K 17
"How much of that did you hear?" "Everything after 'he's in the guest bedroom' " Great, that means he heard it all. Maybe im not prepared for this...