𝐏𝐥𝐚𝐲𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐆𝐚𝐦𝐞𝐬 ||...

By maikolsedges

"You been actin' kinda shady, you ain't been callin' me baby. Boy you can go and stop playing games, playing... More

cast and a/n
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16

Chapter 12

201 11 78
By maikolsedges

Give you some time to prove that I can trust you. Again, I'm gonna kiss up and rub up and feel up on you

KEHLANI'S POV

"What is going on in here?" The teacher asked looking at me then Michael, who was holding me, Summer, Isabella, Madison, and some other guys who broke up the fight that was going on moments before.

All of us started talking at the same time telling different stories. "Ok, shut up, all of you go to the office." The teacher cut us all off and we walked out the classroom.

"This is your fault." Isabella childishly said to Michael as we walked down the hallway.

"How the hell is this my fault?" Michael squinted.

" 'Cause you the one who got a bitch pregnant!" She exclaimed. "She ain't lie." I said loud enough to make Michael smack his teeth.

"Well if Summer wasn't all up my damn business, we wouldn't be headin' to the damn office." He said ignoring what I said.

"So this my fault?!" Summer exclaimed with furrowed eyebrows. I let out an exaggerated groan while stomping my feet like I'm having a tantrum. I'm damn near close to starting one though. "Can yall shut up? I'm tired of hearing all of yalls voices." I complained in a whiny voice.

"Its not her fault you was fuckin' with a girl that got a boyfriend." Madison ignored what I said, but what she said made my ears perk up.

"Oh, so she got a boyfriend? Hm." I with my eyebrows raised but I wasn't surprised. Of course that girl has a boyfriend but got pregnant by another guy. Unfortunately, there are people like that in this world.

But I lowkey feel like I'm being kind of petty, but do I care? No. I really don't 'cause this has happened to me before, but the guy never got a girl pregnant. That's why I've never had a real relationship 'cause I feel like these days people just have too much pride don't wanna be committed to someone. They act like it's so hard, when all someone ask from them is loyalty and to trust them. That's really it it's not that fucking hard.

Michael looked at me like he wanted to say something but held it back and sighed. Sometimes I wonder why I keep getting myself caught up with him, if he was any other guy I would've been done with him. But Michael isn't any other guy. It's like I just can't stay away from him no matter how much I try to. Just like when we tried to do that dumbass 'friends from a distance' thing, that only lasted a few days, but my momma still don't want me around him.

I don't know what it is about him that keeps me around. It could just be me being naive and giving him the benefit of the doubt every time he apologizes. But I feel like that's not the reason and that there's something more. Oh well I guess I'll never know.

"Wait a minute she got a boyfriend?" Michael asked confused, shit I'm confused to. Why she sleeping with another guy, when she already got herself a boyfriend. 'She must be one of those girls.'

"Yeah." Summer nodded, answering his question.

"So...what if that baby ain't mine?" He said and it really had me thinking, 'So I got mad at him for no reason when the baby probably not his?' I questioned myself in my head. But then I thought, 'I still got mad at him for a reason though. He slept with another girl, when he said he wasn't gonna do it again, and possibly got her pregnant. Hm.' Me thinking about this right now is making me mad all over again. But I never stopped being mad so...

As I was walking I felt somebody's eyes on me. I looked over and I saw Summer glaring at me, "Do you have a fuckin' problem? The fuck is you staring at me for?" I said, obviously irritated at her. I just got done beating her ass and I will gladly do it again.

"Girl shut up. Nobody was fuckin' starin' at you." Madison intervened and we walked into the office before i could say anything.

"Why are all of yall in my office?" He asked looking at us.

"You see, what happened was-" Isabella was cut off by our teacher coming in the office.

"I just had to make sure they all got here. You know some of them would try to dodge going to the principals office and end up skipping class." She said and on that last sentence she looked at Michael and he kissed his teeth.

I've never skipped class before, I'm scared to 'cause I know I'm gonna end up getting caught.

"Why are they all here?"

"Well from what the other students told me, Kehlani and Summer were arguing which resulted to them getting into a fight, then Madison decided to jump in because she saw Summer losing, which made Isabella jump in, and the boys just broke up the fight."

"What caused the fight between you two?" He asked me and Summer, but we stayed quiet. I ain't no snitch and the real reason ain't my business to tell so...

Then Summer decided to open her big ass mouth and speak. "Well what happened was-" she started making everybody, including me, kiss their teeth, but she continued anyway.

****

"You got into a fight because Michael got somebody pregnant?" My mom's voice said through the phone as I walked up to my room after Isabella dropped me off. I ended up getting suspended for a week and the principle sent everyone involved with the fight home early.

I rolled my eyes, "No, I got into a fight 'cause somebody couldn't keep my name out of their mouth."

She sighed, "Did you hit first?"

"Of course not." If I was the one who made the first hit my momma would be mad as hell all that really is if I won the fight and I did.

"Did you win?"

"Yep." I nodded as if she could see me.

"Good. You still in trouble though."

"Why?" I smacked my teeth.

"Didn't I tell you to stay away from that boy? You didn't listen, now you done got suspended from school for a whole week, because you got into a fight because of him." She practically yelled through the phone, thats how I know she mad. "You just started going there a few months ago and now you getting suspended. Do I need to unenroll you from that school?" She continued with her rant.

"No." I sighed.

"I don't want to because you made some friends, but I will if I have to. So don't make me." Then she sighed, "I'll see you later when I get home. I love you, bye."

"Ok, bye." I hung up.

Since I'm suspended and I ain't got nothing to do, this week finna be hella boring.

Then somebody rung the doorbell making me quickly sit up from my bed. "Who could that be?" I asked myself out loud. My momma didn't tell me she was getting packages delivered so I crossed that out. "I guess I'll see." I dramatically grunted as I got up from my bed.

I walked downstairs all the way to the front door and stood on my tippy toes to look through the peep hole. It's Michael. I don't wanna talk to him right now. I quietly kissed my teeth and started to walk away from the door before I heard his voice.

"Lani, open the door. I know you're standin' right there."

I opened the door and gave him a deadpan look, "What do you want?" I said and it came out ruder than I intended but who cares? Not me.

"Look, Lani I'm sorry-" He said before I kissed my teeth. "I don't wanna hear yo sorry, man. It's always the same fakeass sorry. Come back to me when you actually wanna show me how sorry you are, my nigga. Why am I already the one gettin' hurt, when we not even dating yet? You not even bein' loyal and we not dating yet. I can't even trust you." I let out a laugh that was for from comical.

"But, Lani you can trust me-" He tried to reach for my hand, but I moved it away.

"How can I trust you when you've lied to me and most likely got a girl pregnant?" I practically yelled at him with tears threatening to come out of my eyes, but I held them back.

"Lani, please. I'm sorry." He said giving me those doe eyes, which almost made me give into him, but I stood my ground.

"Forget yo sorry, man. Just leave me alone." I sighed.

"But, Lani-"

"I said, leave me alone." I repeated.

"Ight." He said as he backed away from the door. After I closed the door, the tears that I was holding in before finally came out.

****

I woke up like I did after I got a whipping and cried myself into a good ass nap right after. Except, you know, I didn't get a whipping.

"Kehlani?" My mom came in my room.

"Yes ma'am?" I squinted my eyes so they can adjust because she turned my lights on. "I was just making sure you were ok. You were sleeping when I got here."

As she was speaking, my thoughts went back to what happened earlier with Michael. "Yeah, I'm fine." I lied and she gave me a look like she didn't believe me. Shit, the way I said that, I didn't believe myself.

"You know you can talk to me right?" She sat down next to me on my bed. "Yes, I do." I nodded.

"So talk to me. What wrong?"

I thought about telling her but I didn't feel like hearing her scold me about Michael. "I don't know." I shrugged. I've been saying that since I was twelve, sometimes I wasn't really sure what was wrong. Other times I knew, but I didn't wanna tell her. I just got so used to doing that.

She sighed, "Well, can you tell me how you feel?"

"Hurt, mad and kind of sad."

"Why do you feel hurt?"

I looked down, "Someone hurt me." I shrugged as tears started to fall from my eyes, again. "Is this because of-" She cut herself off as I looked back up into her eyes.

She sighed, again. "Let me tell you something. That boy is young, and so are you. He's most likely messing around with girls because he's scared."

"Of what?"

"Commitment. That's what alot of people are scared of these days. Maybe it's because they've gotten hurt by someone in their past or they just simply don't wanna be committed to someone.You never know, but you have other things to worry about than some boy. You have one more year until you leave for college. So don't stress over a boy, it's the least of your problems."

"Thank you." I hugged her before she stood up.

"Well I just came to check on you and tell you food is ready so you can come downstairs and eat." She walked towards my door and walked out.

'She's right, I do have other things to worry about.' I thought, but then my thoughts went back to what I was thinking earlier today.

'But I just can't stay away from him, and I don't know why.'

**************
oooooooouuuuuu gurl this was crazy but can we talk about how she finally went off on michael? 😏 chile she went OFF. 😌 and I'm here for it periodttt 💅🏾

anyways, pls vote and comment thank u ❤

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

77.2K 3.1K 86
*COMPLETED* A year ago, Joseph, founder & CEO of Hustla Music, put a boy group together called PBA (Pretty Boy Allstars) made up of 4 singers & rappe...
728K 25.9K 68
𝑾𝒉𝒂𝒕 𝒕𝒐 𝒅𝒐 𝒘𝒉𝒆𝒏 𝒆𝒗𝒆𝒓𝒚𝒕𝒉𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝒇𝒂𝒍𝒍 𝒐𝒏 𝒚𝒐𝒖 ? 𝑾𝒉𝒐 𝒅𝒐 𝒚𝒐𝒖 𝒕𝒖𝒓𝒏 𝒕𝒐 ?
372K 16.3K 32
Two different people with completely different mindsets who find each other at their worst. One doesn't realize what's right in front of them.
6.2M 232K 36
When star athlete, DeAndre Parker clashes with a tough no-nonsense female classmate, he quickly learns that unlike basketball, there's no playin' har...