The Cure To My Pain ✔️

By LikeToBe_u

Everlee Bridge, a scared, lonely, heartbroken girl, is in a mess she never asked for. Seven years in a place... More

Hello!
Character Aesthetics
1. Relocation
2. Settling
3. New Day
4. Meeting Asher
5. Warning
6. Necessary
7. No More
8. Bloody Basketball!
9. Take care
10. Friends?
11. Crush
12. Tracks
13. Be Selfish
14. Are we good?
15. I tried
16. I'll be there for you
17. Ash's House
18. You'll get through this shit
19. The Party
21. I'm way past denying it
22. Ash has a crush
23. It's you
24. Only if you want
25. Get used to it
26. I'm all yours
27. One last thing
28. Why me?
29. never losing me
30. I admire you
31. Right
32. Sure to the core
33. No more lies
34. Is it enough?
35. Time Apart
36. I'm sorry
37. Kill me
38. Lie
39. The aftermath
40. The truth
41. The pain
42. The plan
43. The first step
44. The final day
45. The result
Epilogue

20. Of course this happens

1.8K 59 32
By LikeToBe_u

"Stop talking while eating." I say sternly to Ash.

"Sowy." His voice comes muffled due to the sandwich inside his mouth.

We all are sitting in the cafeteria. It's   thurday today, almost a week passed since the party. This week has been extremely exhausting. We had so many assignments and on top of that I had been called to the tracks everyday. Fortunately, I am off for three days from tommorow.

"Guys..... so what are the plans for next week?" Blake asks wiggling his eyebrows at everyone.

Everyone looks at each other frowning. Eveleine pops a chip in her mouth and asks,"What's next week?"

Blake gives her a narrowed eye glare and says,"Look, I know you guys like teasing me but don't and I mean it, don't lie about you guys forgetting my birthday."

Evan punches his shoulder lightly and says,"You know we wouldn't forget it dummy. We just don't know what to do yet."

"Well, I was thinking we could use my dad's lake house for the weekend. We haven't been there in a while." Wes suggests.

"That would be great. We can stay there for a day. Go trekking and stuff. What's say Blake?" Eveleine asks with a smile.

"I'm okay with anything. I just want to have some fun after this tiring week." He says shrugging.

"Okay, so we go to the lake house on Blake's birthday night and come back on Sunday?" Everyone nods at Wes' question.

His eyes fall upon,"Lee?".

I bite my lip and pick at my nails. Without pondering further I say,"Yeah, sure."

I know that is really impulsive and uncalled for. But I'm going to be honest and say that I really wanna go. This time I took a spontaneous decision, yes, because if I start thinking about it there will be so many reasons to not go. I, for once want to live how I want and deal with the consequences later. So, yeah I am gonna be at the lake house next week.

Ash nudges my shoulder gaining my attention. He raises his eyebrows questioningly and mouths'You Okay?'. I smile slightly and nod my head at him.

He turns around and smirks,"Guys you know what happend at the pizza place yesterday?"

Blake chuks his water bottle at Ash which hits his chest,"You wouldn't Ash."

Ash laughs loudly and says,"There was this group of girls at the cash counter and our dear Blake wanted to talk to them. To bad he literally face planted on the counter."

Everyone laughs loudly including me. We know Blake is clumsy but the embarrassment after the accident is so much worse. Blake huffs at first and then his eyes lit up.

He smirks and says,"You know what else happened yesterday. Ash was all-."

Ash shoves his sandwich in Blake's mouth leaning across the table. Blake starts coughing due to the excess of food in his mouth. I look at Ash and see him shaking his head at Blake.

"Blake what? spill the tea!" Amaya whines.

Blake finishes the food inside his mouth and says,"I'll spill it when the time comes."

Amaya just rolls her eyes and continues eating. The topic of discussion shifts to something else but my mind is still on the words spoken by Blake. What did he wanted to say about Ash? Was he trying to impress a girl too? Even if he was why should I care.

After a while, the bell rings and everyone starts going to their next classes. Ash, Blake, Wes and I start walking towards the literature class. Blake and Wes are walking ahead while Ash and I are a few steps behind them.

"Are you free tommorow?" Ash asks chewing at his lips.

"Ash you guys are my only friends and if I would have had plans with someone, you would know." I answer with a laugh.

"Okay, sorry for being generous." He says with a mocking offended face,"Anyway, I was thinking we should go to that park we texted about a month ago."

I wrack my brain for the conversation and remember that it was when we first texted,"Ummm.... okay. Where is the park?"

His face lit up when he says,"Its actually very close to your house. You know the turn we took for the diner last week, we have to take the opposite of that one. I'll pick you up at six?"

I nod my head in understanding and say,"You don't have to, I'll be there. Don't you wanna ask the others?"

He scrunches up his nose, making him look adorable,"Nope, the couples are going for a double date and Blake straight up denied."

I chuckle at his annoyed face and nudge his shoulder,"Don't worry I'll go with you. We'll have fun."

He looks down at me and smirks,"Fun?"

I shove him hard at his suggestive tone making him stumble slightly to the side. The hallway booms with his laughter and my own lips twitch up in a smile.

********

I lift my watch from the dresser and put it on. I look at myself in the mirror and smile contently. I am looking nice in a floral top with faded blue jeans. Yes, I'm good to go. It's already 5:30 and I've to be there at the park at 6. Asher has warned me to not be late after school. My smile grows at the thought of him.

"You look really cute," Lina says coming inside our room with a chocolate bar in her hand.

I just roll my eyes at her compliment. She always says this, it feels like she is supposed to say this to make me feel better.

"Don't give me that look missy. I know what I'm saying." She opens the wrapper and starts eating.

I decide to head out but before I could get up from the chair, my phone rings. I pull it out from my pocket and look at the caller Id. It reads Asher, I swipe st the screen and pick his call.

"Hey Lee, you ready?" he sounds a little off.

"Yeah... is there a problem Ash?" I ask warily.

"Um....actually," He sighs audibly and continues,"Lee, I'm sorry I'll not be able to make it today. Something came up, ah....... you know what I mean right? And I really can't miss it I'm so sorry."

"Yeah, totally, it's alright. We'll ha-have it some other day." I say understanding his words.

"No, we'll go tommorow for sure, at the exact same time. If its okay with you?" His voice is hopeful and I do not want to make him more upset than he already is.

"Okay, I'll be there. Just take care Ash." I reply softly.

"Yeah I will. Bye Lee," he says gratefully.

I hang up the phone and sigh through my nose. I look up at Lina, she raises her eyebrows urging me to tell her what happened,"Something came up for Ash, I'm assuming it's at the tracks."

She pouts her lips and says,"It's okay. You can chill out watch movies or something."

I bite my lip and say,"Uh... I was thinking I should go to the tracks." I peak up and see her giving me a glare,"I'll just get bored here-".

"You wanna go because Ash is going." She cuts me off with a serious expression.

I swallow visibly and look down at my lap. I breath in and say,"I know Ash can take care of himself but...I just- just want to see for myself that he is okay."

I shrug at her and she smiles softly at me,"And you say that you don't like him in that way."

I roll my eyes,"We are not talking about that right now. I'm just gonna go."

I walk towards my closet and change. She laughs and says,"You did not deny it. I'm holding onto that."

I finish changing and walk away, not bothering to reply her. She always brings that up, like in every conversation we have about Ash. Yeah, I like him but as a friend. I care about him because he is my friend, a very close friend. Just like Eveleine, Amaya, Blake. I'm not that close to Wes and Evan but they are my friends too. I care about all of them. Its just that I'm more comfortable with Ash, I don't think that means I like him.

Does it?

********

"Lee, Declan wants you at the VIP area." I turn around at the voice behind me.

It is Sera, a gang member like me. I frown and ask her,"How did he know I'm here?"

She twists her lip upward and says,"How would I know?"

She walks away making a face at me. I huff and start walking towards the area. I have to go there again. I've been here for an hour and there is no sign of Asher. Maybe I misinterpreted his words. He is probably somewhere else and now I've to fucking go to Declan. How the hell did he find out that I'm here, its my off today. I just wish everything goes fine or else I don't know what I'll do.

I reach the area and bite my lip due to the nerves. I still remember what happend the last time I was here. I still feel that night, like all those others Declan has ruined for me. I subconsciously brush my palm on the area where the burn was a few days back, before it faded away.

I close my eyes and breathe out a long sigh. I gain courage and walk up further. There are just few men today and I am so grateful for that. Less people, less problems.
Declan is no where in sight so I just stand nearby a tree waiting for him.

After a minute I see him walking here and I immediately stand up to go to him. My feet automatically take two steps back at the figure behind him. I squint my eyes to make sure what I am seeing is real and not just hallucinating. Ash is following Declan here along with....... Rob?

I press myself on the opposite side of the tree so that I'm out of their sight. They stop right in the middle gaining everyone's attention. People gather around them, making me even more hidden. My palms start sweating and my heart is beating loudly. I have to get out of here as fast as possible. It was so stupid of me to come here in the first place.

"So, everyone wanted to meet the person who keeps winning our challenges and gains so much money for us. Well, he is here. Asher, my beloved son." Rob says smirking at the crowd.

My breath hitched at his words. His son? Meaning he is Ash's Dad? The man his mother divorced? The man whom Ash despises? And did I mention that Ash is his son? Of cousrse this fucking happens. This always happens, because its my life. My life has to get more fucked up every single day.

"He has a tough competitor tonight so cheer him up guys," he yells happily making everyone holler raising their drinks.

Ash doesn't look pleased at this. His lips are pursed, jaw is clenched and eyes are glaring. He just walks away without giving anyone a second glance after the cheering dies. I sigh in relief placing my hand on my beating heart.

Declan and Rob follow Ash towards the track. I'm sure Declan doesn't even remember that I'm here anymore. I walk towards the tracks and stop on the sidelines. I watch Ash getting into a car and then head towards the starting line. This is the first time I'm going to actually watch him race and I'm really nervous for him.

A second car lines up next to his and the guy at the line holds out the flag. The countdown starts and at the one he raises the flag. Both the cars zoom past the line head to head. I strain my neck to look at them but it isn't visible from where I am standing. So I just decide to wait till they reach here again. Everyone is still cheering and shouting at the cars. But I am not getting the idea about who is winning. I've seen so many races before but I'm so anxious for this one.

The cars come into view from the other side after some time. Ash is leading the other one by merely a few inches. I clutch my jacket and bite my lip hard in anticipation. Suddenly, Ash speeds up and cross the finish line making the other fall far behind. His car screeches and stops a little distance away. I smile and sigh happily at his victory. He gets out and walks into the woods not wasting a single minute. I decide to go home too, I can't risk seen by Declan now. I'm done for the day.

I don't want it to be more worse.

********

I'm sorry guys🙈.
This was late I know but school is getting more and more exhausting.

I promise next update will be soon :)

I don't know how many of you guessed this happening but yeah here it is😉.

And there's so much more of this so stay tuned♡

What do you guys think Lee should do?

Tell me if you guys liked it.

If you liked the chapter please vote!! It helps me a lot so please.

-Love ❤

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

65.3K 2.4K 23
"I'm sorry that I put you in this situation." "I'm not following." I really wasn't. "This. Us! What we did last night was reckless and so so perfec...
826K 24.5K 68
"He's lucky I let him live!" He kicks the chair he was sitting on, "I can't stand the thought of anyone hurting you." He takes slow steady steps towa...
219K 7.8K 64
"You expect me to forget everything?" His voice comes out as a whisper. "To act like it doesn't hurt me to see you with him or that I'm still not cra...
27.3K 490 28
Everything hurt. The pain the flooded over my entire body. I could feel the blood seeping out and the bruises beginning to form as I just lay here...