One {Mark Sloan}

By Alteate

"Every time your heart is broken, a doorway cracks open to a world full of new beginnings, new opportunities... More

Prologue
The Push
Beginning
Mess
Syria
My Only Family
Staying Alive
Prom Queen
What I Am
Friends
M&M
Over
Ashes
Planting a Seed
Fighters
Death Wish
The Feeling Of Suffocation
The Chief of Surgery
Toxins
The Past
OPINIONS
Daphnie Miller
The right decision
The Man
Reyansh Deo
Time After Time
Intern Exam
The Date
Hangout Spot
Drunk Mark
Soft Kitty, Warm Kitty
Nara
Meet the Fosters
Miss Grumpy
COVERS PART 2
A Change is Gonna Come
Happy Birthday
Big Boys
Downfall Of Arrogance
To Die Or Not To Die
Hurricane Amelia
Sane Advice
The Art Of Lookin'
Bridal Fights
Stronger
Pushy And Rude
Unlucky
Without You
Turning A New Page
Flattery
The Birthday Party
New Rules
Like Me Better
Begin Again
Everything Has Changed
Mark and Ren
Mama Shepherd
Still on My Brain
Happy Ending
Come Together
Slipping into Darkness
Stand By Me
The People That We Love
Let Us Move On
Should I Or Should I Not?
Hell Of A Life
This Wedding Day
An Authors Note
Agree To Disagree
Author's Note
Future Nostalgia
Cold As Ice
Gone Too Soon
Powerless
Wrong Call

Daddy Issues

4.5K 159 8
By Alteate

"Richard just saw me and Meredith naked,"

Renee choked on her orange juice as Derek sat down opposite of her in the Cafeteria where she was having her breakfast, Renee wiped her mouth as Derek stole her muesli bowl, she just stared at him hoping that he would give some explanation but instead, he continued with having her breakfast. 

"Why did he see you and Meredith naked?"

"We had plans for dinner and a movie about which I forgot and he walked in on us after we had sex,"

"Well at least he didn't walk on you while you were having sex," Derek laughed as Renee angrily put her glass of juice down. While doing their residency, Mark and Renee were having sex in the on-call room when Richard walked in without knocking.

"Is this a bad time?" Erica asked as she stood in front of them with a breakfast tray in her hands.

"No, please sit down," Derek said as he moved a little bit to make space of Erica's tray.

"So what were you guys talking about?" Erica asked.

"We were just discussing how Richard walked on Mark and Renee having-"

"A conversation," Mark interrupted as he too sat down beside Renee.

"A conversation?" Derek smirked but was kicked in the shin by Renee.

"A conversation?" Erica asked suspiciously.

"Yeah, the Chief's not a huge fan of knocking,"

"Foster, I need you down at the ER, there's a kid-"

"Yeah, I have people-" Richard gave her a look daring her to say anything, she just nodded and walked out of her cabin and towards the ER with Richard on her left side who explained that a bus crashed which had some high school teens and one of them has a nasal canula and with the bus crash, the boy lost his oxygen cylinder and was currently on a vetilator.

"Tell me," Renee said as she placed the earpiece in her ears.

"Tyler Martin, 15, has Stage III Thyroid Cancer and his oxygen cylinder was broken due to the crash," One of the interns, Steve, read.

"His friends told that he was having trouble breathing before the accident,"

"Before the accident?" Richard confirmed as he raised his eyebrows at the intern.

"Yes, sir,"

"Okay, get the parents on call with me, I need to know his history before deciding what to do next,"

"Get him for a CT and an MRI," Richard said as the interns went to book a CT and a MRI.

"Where were they from?"

"California,"

"California? Wow, I am surprised they even let him go on a trip," Renee said as she and Richard walked out and went towards the main area where all the Trauma's were treated.

"Let's just wait until-"

"Uh, Dr Foster, the dad of Tyler Martin-" One of the nurses said as she handed her the phone.

"Hello, Mr Martin-" Renee said as she heard soft sobs from the other end.

"How is my son?"

"Sir, your son as of right now is stable, we have ordered a CT and a MRI, but I need some additional information and his medical files,"

"I-uh-he has Stage III Thyroid cancer and he was diagnosed when he was about ten-" Mr Martin went on to state his son's medical condition, Renee quickly made a note of things as they talked.

"Okay, thank you, Mr Martin, could you tell me the number of Tyler's oncologist, so I could have a bit more medical insight of his condition?" 

"Yeah, sure," Mr Martin said as he told Renee the number which she wrote down.

"Please don't let my son die, I'll take the next flight and be there as soon as I can,"

"Mr Martin, your son is in safe hands," 

Sitting with Callie and Christina, Renee drowned out all the things around her as she ate her lunch and Christina went on about how Hahn hates her, she had her laptop opened in front of her and her reading glasses. She had a conversation with Tyler's oncologist who said that the boy had metasis spread to his lungs and he had an operation a couple of months back, he was given permission to travel because he seemed healthy. She had also received Tyler's medical files from the oncologist via email which she currently was going over, the CT and MRI scans were yet to come so currently Renee had nothing to do but to wait. 

One of the adjacent benches had Mark, Erica and Richard sitting, also having their lunches when one of the girls who were sitting at one of the tables came up to Mark's table with a huge smile on their faces. Knowing Mark, Renee knew, she was sure that the girls would try and flirt with him, there had been many instances were girls and ladies would come up to to Mark, almost a little slutily, and give him their phone numbers. Renee would just sit by the sidelines as Mark would often look over at her with an uncomfortable look and take a step back when they would get too close.

"What can I do for you, ladies?" Mark asked the girls as he gave them his dashing smile.

"Tell him," One of the girls said, Renee and Callie's attention was now fully on Mark and they moved over to their table.

"No, it's embarrassing," the other one said.

"You can tell me," Mark smiled.

"You look exactly like her dad," The look on Mark's face was unreadable as he looked beyond shocked to hear such a thing, everybody at the table laughed as the girls walked away. Renee laughed as she patted the old man's back, yet she couldn't sympathise with him.

"Oh my,"

"Swing and a miss,"

"I can die with satisfaction now,"

"What happened?"

Renee, who was in Tyler's room, Mr Martin was yet to arrive so she decided to keep the boy a little company until his father arrived, so far it seemed to be going smoothly as Tyler kept sleeping on. She smiled as the boy woke up but it flattered as he tried to get up but quickly realised that his body didn't have any energy left, the nurse helped the boy sit up and placed some pillows for support. Renee grabbed her chair as she neared Tyler's bedside as the nurse poured some water into the glass and offered it to Tyler who gulped all of it at once.

"I am sorry, I was thirsty," Tyler said as he kept the glass away.

"That's okay," Renee smiled as Tyler kept glancing at the glass again,"You need another glass?"

"Can I?"

"Of course," Renee said as she poured him another glass which he also finished quickly.

"Better?"

"Much, what happened?"

"The bus you were in had an accident,"

"Oh, is it because of Sully and his friends?"

"I don't know, are those your friends?"

"Not really, they're always teasing me for wearing my nasal canula and my oxygen cylinder,"

"I don't think he's a nice guy," Renee said as she checked his vitals and noting them down in her chart.

"No, where's dad?"

"Your father's coming. He couldn't find a flight, they're all delayed, I talked to him an hour ago,"

"Am I going to die?"

"No, we did a CT and a MRI, everything seemed normal, you just have a little bruising on your lungs, no internal bleeding, we'll do a PET scan tomorrow to make sure everything's fine, you know and then we'll keep you here until the brusing is reduced,"

"My oncologist says I am tough," Tyler smiled as he adjusted his tube.

"Hey look Tyler's sick again," A group of kids entered Tyler's room, they were bigger than Tyler as they surrounded him, Renee looked over at them as she continued with her test.

"How come you're so sick always, doesn't that poor excuse of a father give you anything to eat?" the biggest kid of them kicked Tyler's bed.

"Get out," Renee said sternly as she glared at the boys.

"We're his friends, you can't tell us to get out," Renee narrowed her eyes at them as she walked towards them and caught one of the boys by his ear and dragged him out, the boy whined as they exited Tyler's room. Meredith who was passing by caught Renee and pulled her off of the boy who rubbed his ear.

"Dr Foster," Meredith exclaimed as the boys ran away.

"I am not sorry, they need to punished, spoiled little brats," 

"That was kind of badass, you should try that with Derek,"

"Oh with Derek try nipple pinching, works like a charm," Renee said as Meredith walked away with a smile. Renee entered the ward again to find Tyler smiling at her.

"That was excellent," Renee smiled as she picked her charts and walked towards the door but stopped before turning around. 

"I'll tell one of the nurse's to bring you some dinner,"

"Dr-uh, I am sorry I didn't catch your name?"

"Foster, Renee Foster,"

"Could-could you stay with me here, I can't sleep alone at night,"

"You won't be alone, there are nurses here," Renee said as she pointed towards the nurses but Tyler's face immediately dropped.

"Fine, I'll stay but you have to put up with my daughter, she babbles a lot these days,"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

163K 4.4K 102
A tragic event happened in Derek's life, which caused him to lose his sight. Can Meredith help Derek through this hard time? I don't own or write th...
13.9K 521 20
"You are the most promising doctor I've ever laid eyes on. I just wish you could see that yourself." Seasons 1-11(maybe more) Warnings will be posted...
iLove By rei

Fanfiction

40K 1.4K 60
Meredith Grey, a surgical resident at Seattle Grace, abhors Derek Shepherd, her attending. In her and her fellow interns' eyes, he was a pompous jack...
26.3K 704 22
"You were like coming up for fresh air. It was like I was drowning and you saved me." ~Derek Shepherd Melissa Gordon is a surgical intern at Seattle...