An August Wedding

By SkyPhoenix13125

Your parents wanted a son to take over the family business. His parents wanted their son to gain some busines... More

Author's Note
Ch. 1 - The Ceremony
Ch. 2 - The Honeymoon
Ch. 3 - Family Discussions
Ch. 4 - Good Friends
Ch. 5 - Wedding Gift
Ch. 6 - The New Hires
Ch. 7 - Clashing Heads
Ch. 8 - Hard Work
Ch. 9 - Lunch Dates
Ch. 10 - New Ideas
Ch. 11 - Suspicions
Ch. 12 - First Fight
Ch. 13 - Plans
Ch. 14 - Shareholder's Meeting
Ch. 15 - Family Approval
Ch. 16 - Dinner Party
Ch. 17 - Inspiration
Ch. 18 - Assistance
Ch. 19 - Musical Stylings
Ch. 20 - A Modest Proposal
Ch. 21 - Side Steps
Ch. 23 - Charity Ball
Ch. 24 - Divides
Ch. 25 - Date Night
Ch. 26 - Visits
Ch. 27 - Making It Work
Ch. 28 - Moving Forward
Ch. 29 - Wake Up Call
Ch. 30 - Family Favors
Ch. 31 - Assessing
Ch. 32 - Reporting
Ch. 33 - Visitors
Ch. 34 - Bonds
Ch. 35 - Next Steps
Ch. 36 - Deals
Ch. 37 - Celebrations
Ch. 38 - Exploring
Ch. 39 - Launch Party
Ch. 40 - Guys' Night
Ch. 41 - Girls' Night
Ch. 42 - Opportunities
Ch. 43 - Turning Point
Ch. 44 - Decisions
Ch. 45 - Showcase
Ch. 46 - Changes
Ch. 47 - Back to Work
Ch. 48 - Another Wedding
Ch. 49 - Different Directions
Ch. 50 - Favors and Secrets
Ch. 51 - Rides
Ch. 52 - Guidance
Ch. 53 - Confessions
Ch. 54 - News
Ch. 55 - Bad Timing
Ch. 56 - Flipping the Script
Ch. 57 - King or Boss
Ch. 58 - Deciding Factors
Ch. 59 - Crunch Time
Ch. 60 - Negotiations
Ch. 61 - Offers
Ch. 62 - Prep Work
Ch. 63 - Potential
Ch. 64 - Results
Ch. 65 - Free
Ch. 66 - Epilogue
Extras

Ch. 22 - Double Date

141 8 0
By SkyPhoenix13125

Yoongi glared up at you as you tapped on his shoulder. He pulled his headphones off and opened his mouth ready to complain about you barging in unannounced. 

Or, at least planned to do that. Then he took in your outfit and he just felt confused.

"What are you wearing?"

"Please tell me you're joking. We're going out with Jin and Ailee." He stared blankly at you for a minute. "Amy, Jin and Amy."

He scrambled up. "That was today? Why didn't you say something?" You followed him out of the studio towards the stairs.

"I knocked on the door over an hour ago and asked if you'd be ready in time. You said that was fine."

"Pretty sure I said I was fine. How long do I have?"

You were spared having to answer by the doorbell ringing.

"I'll stall them, just put on something nice."

You shut the door to the studio before opening the door. Jin and Ailee were waiting patiently on the step.

"Look at you guys matching."

Jin smiled as he glanced down at his blue blazer and dress pants combo. Paired with an off-white shirt, he really did look great. Amy was wearing a white dress with red and blue flowers on it. She looked stunning as always.

Her long light brown hair was falling in loose waves and her dress accentuated all her curves. She always had the figure and confidence of someone in the entertainment industry in your opinion. She brushed that compliment aside whenever you brought it up, but it was obvious she loved hearing it.

"Great minds think alike," Jin replied. "Are we ready to go? I'm starving."

"Come on in. Yoongi's going to be a couple more minutes."

The two of them settled on the couch. Amy looked around curiously.

"This is a pretty nice place you've got."

"Thanks. Best money could buy for a new couple."

The three of you laughed.

"Amy, how's work going?"

"Good! It's getting to be party planning season, so we're getting a lot more clients in lately."

Amy worked as an event planner with a small company nearby. She loved talking to new people and helping them figure out exactly what worked best for them for their party needs. Of course, she did enjoy planning more than just parties. Her favorite event she helped out with was still an adoption day after partnering with a local shelter.

"Oh, and how was your dance lesson with Hoseok?" Amy asked.

"Good. He said he'd have to get in touch with you soon about some showcases he needs to plan."

Hoseok and Amy had met through you and they liked to pick each other's brains about their respective fields. Amy's clients usually liked to have a performance or something as part of their events, so she made sure to check with Hoseok about the best ways to accommodate that in different locations. 

And Hoseok returned it by having Amy scope out potential locations for his dance studio's showcases and rehearsal spaces when needed. She had an in with most of them already so he always asked for her advice on those. 

"Who?" Yoongi called as he came down the stairs, buttoning the sleeves of his suit jacket.

"Hoseok."

"Oh, when'd you see him?"

"Two days ago. Remember? I thought I needed to learn how to dance."

He rubbed the back of his neck. "Right. Still sorry about that."

When you'd found time to ask about it, Yoongi had confirmed that the addition about dancing was not supposed to be directed at you. It was a note for himself that he'd absently scribbled on there and given to Sun.

"Well, let's get going. Reservation won't hold forever."

Everyone got up and walked out to the car. Jin was still driving despite the occasion. You and Ailee climbed in the back. Yoongi came around to your side, but only to shut the door behind you. Within a few minutes, he was up front with Jin.

Your best friend made a face. "Is he having an off day?"

"Yeah. He's been working really hard lately."

"Harder than you?" she teased.

"No one works that hard."

"Yoongi, what are you doing?" Jin asked as his friend put on his seatbelt. "You know I'm supposed to drive you."

"Well, you're in the driver's seat aren't you?"

Jin glanced at him for a moment before shifting the car into gear. He wasn't stupid; he could feel weird tension coming off the two of you when Yoongi came in the room earlier. But whatever problems you were having was none of his business. He was here for food and not drama.

But that would quickly become his downfall. 

It was obvious to your friends that something was going on between you and Yoongi. You'd hardly looked at one another while you sat there and waited for your meal.

"So Yoongi, how's work going with you?"

"Fine."

Amy smiled. "Come on. (Y/N) gives me all the boring details already, it'd be nice to hear it from your perspective."

"The clients are whiny, the employees don't listen to me, and I constantly feel like I'm in over my head. That enough perspective for you?"

"Yoongi," you hissed. "Sorry, he's had a tough week."

Jin cleared his throat.

Amy shrugged. "It's okay. This is nice, though. Maybe we could all get lunch together one day. Then I can meet your new receptionist too."

"Sun? That would be nice. You two would get along great." 

"I'm busy," Yoongi grumbled.

"You don't even know what day--"

"Doesn't matter. I'll be busy."

A few seconds of silence passed.

"Could you excuse us for a minute?" Jin asked. Before Yoongi could even respond, Jin had grabbed his arm and pulled him from his seat. He dragged him toward the restrooms where they could talk in private.

"I don't know how you do it," Amy sighed as she took another sip of her drink.

"He doesn't always act like that."

"Okay. But this whole teenagers thing isn't the norm, either?"

"Teenagers?" you repeated.

"You're obviously avoiding each other. You've barely made eye contact since we got here. You won't talk directly to the other. You're not acting like you're married. You're acting like teenagers on their first date or something."

You rolled your eyes. "What were you expecting? His arm around me 24/7? Hand holding? Us playing footsie under the table?"

"A compliment would be a good place to start. But since he won't even look at you..."

"Amy--" you started.

Just then, Jin and Yoongi came back. Jin settled himself in his seat once more. Yoongi hovered awkwardly for a minute.

"Amy, I'm sorry for being rude to you. I've had a lot on my mind this week, but that was uncalled for. I'd love to have lunch with you sometime. I'll even pay for it."

She hummed in response. "Apology accepted. But if we're being honest...you should also be apologizing to your wife."

"That's not--"

"No, she's right." Yoongi turned back to you, bowing lowly. "I'm sorry for my behavior."

You glanced at Jin in confusion. But he was seemingly busy fixing his hair in the reflection of his silverware.

"It's okay. Just sit down," you muttered.

He followed your instructions, folding his hands up in his lap like a punished child.

Not too long after that, your food came out. Most of the conversation died down while the four of you ate.

Jin delighted everyone with some of his jokes. Amy told stories about events that she'd planned. 

Yoongi laughed along, finally seeming to enjoy himself after his talk with Jin. You tried to stay engaged as much as you could, still wondering what could have had him so upset in the first place.

The four of you left the restaurant soon after your meal. You dropped Amy off first. She thanked you for a wonderful time and told Yoongi she expected a phone call about lunch soon.

Jin dropped you and Yoongi off at home. While Yoongi went to unlock the door, you caught Jin's arm and held him back.

"Jin?" He hummed in response. "What did you say to Yoongi back in the restaurant?"

Jin glared at Yoongi as they stood on opposite sides of the hallway leading to the restroom.

"Do you want to explain yourself?"

"There's nothing to--"

"Bullshit. No one's done anything to make you this pissed already tonight. Unless our actual presence is what's doing it and in that case, you're welcome to wait out in the car while the rest of us have a nice meal together."

"Jin--"

"What?" he snapped.

Yoongi bowed his head. "I can't handle the stress. The company, my music. I'm trying to juggle everything and I know I'm going to screw it up."

"You don't know that."

"Lee Hansol rejected my songs."

Jin's gaze softened. "He didn't..."

"Every single one." Yoongi bit his lip. "He didn't even give me an explanation. I--I don't know what I did wrong. Tae even checked them for me. So I'm having to start from scratch, going over everything, and then some of the departments aren't doing so well at the company and they expect me to know what to do....I don't know what to do, Jin. I don't know where to start."

"Hey," Jin said as he grabbed him by the shoulders. "You've got to take it one step at a time, okay? That's all you can do."

"But--"

"But nothing. You're more than capable of it, you just need some help."

Yoongi nodded, clearing his throat. "I'll try."

"Good. But the first thing you do - go back over there and apologize. You're not the only one dealing with stress, (Y/N) is carrying your butt while you get it together."

"You're right," he admitted.

"And be nice to Amy too."

"Fine."

"And pay for my dessert?"

Yoongi turned a withering eye on him. "If it'll make you shut up. But nothing else."

"Great! Let's go!" Jin beamed.

"Nothing really. I just reminded him of his manners. I practically raised him on my back, you know."

You chuckled. "I think I've heard you mention it. Good night, Jin."

"Good night."

Yoongi waited until you were settled into bed before broaching the subject.

"(Y/N)?"

"Hmm?" you mumbled.

"Just wanted to say sorry again. For everything that's been going on lately. I'll...try to do better."

"Okay."

"Especially at the charity ball coming up."

Your eyes snapped open.

You'd forgotten about that. You hoped you could pass as a married couple when that came around. Instead of "teenagers".

Amy's word choice echoed around in your head for the rest of the night. Adding a new concern to your already long list.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

21.9K 880 68
A relationship between two people is already hard enough no matter how much they love each other, what about when there are seven people involved? Ca...
291K 7.9K 20
I was in a arranged marriage with him.. I was in a arranged marriage with her.. I love him.. I hate her.. I care for him.. I ignore her.. ...
166K 6.4K 52
[Marriage series; Book 1] What happens when an 18 year old girl who is just starting her college life gets arranged with the handsome 25 year old bil...
11.3K 577 25
"i'm not what you think i am, and when you find out, you won't want this." "how 'bout you let me decided that for myself, baby girl." a lawyer with a...