Love or Game (Complete✅)

By Suk-24

#7 in revenge (12/10/2020) I am Nandini. Nandini Murthy. In 22, I am a renowned interior designer. I have my... More

Copyright©
Declaration
Chapter 1- "First impression..."
Chapter 2- "Two lives..many secrets..."
Chapter 3- "The kiss quotient..."
Chapter 4 - "The vow..."
Chapter 5- "Untamed heart..."
Chapter 6 - "The thing called love..."
Chapter 7- "Mind, heart and secrets..."
Chapter 8 - "The magical words..."
Chapter 9 - "Demons of past..."
Chapter 10 - "The perfect storm..."
Chapter 11 - "Into the wild..."
Chapter 12- "Tom and Jerry.."
Chapter 14 - "Meeting the would-be..."
Chapter 15 - "Impression and suspicion..."
Chapter 16 - "The rupture..."
Important
Chapter- 17 "The bitter love..."
❤Upcoming Books❤
Chapter 18- "Love-hate game..."
Chapter - 19 "I don't wanna make love to you..."
Chapter 20 - "The damnation..."
Chapter 21 - "Back to the track..."
Chapter 22 - "Final curtain..."
Chapter 23- "Nandini promise..."
Chapter 24 - "Burn the happiness..."
Chapter 25 - "The mysterious letter..."
👉Announcement👈
Chapter 26- " Satiric destiny..."
Chapter 27 - "Unhealed wound..."
🤗❤New story alert❤🤗
Chapter 28 -"Last piece of the puzzle..."
👉Story promotion👈
Chapter 29 - "The divergence..."
📚Launch of new book📚
Chapter 30 - "The moonlight tryst..."
👉Note👈
Chapter 31 - "The unsaid goodbye..."
🤗New story🤗
Chapter 32 - "Forget me not..."
😞Highly Disappointed😞
😁Wait is over😁
Chapter 33 - "Prisoners of past..."
🎭Wait is over🎭
Chapter 34 - "Their worlds..."
Chapter - 35 "Catch-22"
Chapter 36 - "God's intention..."
Chapter 37 - "New city..new brush..."
Chapter 38 - "Captain America..."
Chapter 39 - "U-turn..."
Chapter 40 - "The parched heart..."
Chapter 41 - "A new dawn..."
Chapter 42 - "Signs of past..."
Chapter 43 - "Inside out..."
📕Newly published book📕
Chapter 44 - "Blood bond..."
Chapter 45 - "It sets in my heart..."
🤗Wait is over🤗
Chapter 46 - "The turmoil...inside out..."
Chapter 47 - "She is in danger..."
Chapter 48 - "Shining armour..."
Chapter 49- "Sincerity of love..."
Chapter 50 - "The third angle..."
Chapter 51 - "Proof of love..."
Chapter 52 - "Dispute with destiny..."
📢Shoutout📢
Chapter 53- "An invitation..."
Chapter 54- "Broken love..."
Chapter 55 - "Before it's too late..."
😉Offer😉
Chapter 56 - "New confidant..."
Chapter 57- "Homecoming..."
Chater 58- "Painful adiós..."
Chapter 59- "Reunion..."
Epilogue- "Love, sacrifice and destination..."
🙏Reader's sweet review🙏

Chapter 13 - "Pursuit of happiness..."

1.4K 164 28
By Suk-24

"You laugh because you think it is a joke. I laugh because you think I am joking."

My words temporarily shut her giggling mouth but I have doubt she can even now smell my sarcasm.

"What do you mean by that Manik? Nandini Ma'am is really not coming to the office for the entire week. I can't believe this. The person, who never takes even a half-day off, suddenly took looooong break. Surprising!"

Ayesha sits on the chair with a thud. Her skirt automatically lifts and I shift my eyes with a usual annoyance. This girl does this purposely or ignorantly? I have a doubt.

"She took a loooong break because she broke her ribs. And don't forget that it's only her break, not for the office and its employee. We even have to work more this week as Aman is also in leaves. Now, tell me about the appointments and the meetings that Ms Murthy is going to handle this week. In her absence, I will be handling all."

I order her with authority and concentrate on my laptop screen. Though Nandini has briefed me about her work for the week I want to manage it more professionally. Having no response, I look at Ayesha again. My brows furrow in a query.

"Manik, as you are handling Nandini Ma'am's entire work, why don't you sit in her cabin? I mean...for this week you are the boss."

She shrugs with a smug smile. Perhaps she thinks that her words will make me happy.

"Ayesha, I don't have any intention or wish to become the boss of this office or this company. I am very much happy and complacent with my work. It's our company and our work and dedication is more important rather than the designation. Now, please do me the favour as you are asked for and don't spend your imagination in such baseless things."

I utter the last line with authority. She should know without sitting in a chair or cabin a person can handle the office efficiently. She is taken aback and immediately gets up to bring the documents I demanded. She takes 5 to 10 minutes to return but as she enters in my cabin a loud sound of falling something heavy on the ground startles both of us. The sound comes from the conference room adjacent to my cabin. We both rush out to see. I observe some other people also get up from their terms. They also heard the thudding sound. I enter the conference room. Some others follow me. The framed photograph which hangs on the conference room wall has fallen on the floor. I carefully near it because it has fallen flat on its face and perhaps the glass is smashed. I squat down and try to turn its downside up.

"Be careful Mr Malhotra, it can cut your hand."

Ayesha shows her concern but thankfully she addresses me as Mr Malhotra. Otherwise, it won't be late to spread as a new gossip in the office and My Jerry is ever ready to battle with me in this matter. I carefully turn the frame and as suspected, the glass is shattered in numeral pieces. I ask the peon to get me some newspaper and as he gets them I wrap the frame in it. It has to be sent to some photo studio to frame it again. I ask all the people to not tell about this to Nandini. I want to surprise her. When she will return in her work, this photo will be in this room with a new look. I somehow didn't like the frame. It's good that it's broken. But the funny thing is, I still don't know whose photo is this. During this one month, I never asked her about it and she never told me either. We both never thought that it is important. But today I feel that urge to know.

"Ayesha, do you know, whose photo is this? I mean any family member of Ms Murthy?"

I finally enquire. The conference room is now empty. Only I am standing with the paper wrapped frame and Ayesha is about to leave the room. She halts and turns to hear me.

"Yes, once Ma'am told me. He is her grandfather. But he is no more now."

.................................................

I am tossing and turning in my bed. It's been 2 hours we have talked on the phone. I carefully get up and switch on the side lamp. My rib cage is paining. Though every day I am taking four painkillers without any miss it still bothers me a bit. I don't know how I even couldn't feel the pain during that night. Was it the passion that made my pain receptors numb? I blush on the thought. But it's irritating. The whole day I was confined in this room. Even Bhai had to go to his office for 4 hours. After that, he came back and spent the entire day with me. But I know it's not possible for him to attend me and be my personal jester for the whole day. Tomorrow he has to go to the office and I have to spend the entire day in the waiting for their calls...Bhai and Manik. My lips curve in annoyance with the thought. This was the first day of my leave and Mr Manik Malhotra talked to me only twice. Once when I called him to remind him about his lunch and the second time when he called me to say good night. It was me who stretched that formal good night call to a 1-hour romantic chit- chat. But when I heard his snore, I cut the call furiously. I glanced at the wall clock. It is 3 am. I am not sleepy at all. Instead, I am getting irritated. Bhai is sleeping in his room. He is tired. I can't disturb him. But I can disturb that Tom. He didn't bother to call me on the whole day so it's my moral duty to keep him awake the whole night.

"But he will again start snoring? Can you stop that?"

My smart inner Goddess questions. Maybe...I challenge her. A mischief smile creeps on my lips. Mr Malhotra, be ready to be awake tonight, I bet, you can't close your eyes for a second after hearing my voice. I tap the green caller button below his name.

"He...llooo."

A sleepy voice comes.

"Wanna enjoy?"

I try to make my voice as sexy as it can be. Some seconds pause and he replies.

"What kind of enjoyment...are you...talking about?"

He sounds still sleepy but I can bet that my tone made him awake enough.

"The enjoyment that people often experience through their phone when they don't have the option to experience it in real. In short phone sex!"

I say and automatically bite my tongue. I can't even imagine that I can say something like this. But everything is fair when it comes to winning the bet. I hear a soft coughing sound on the phone. Is Mr Malhotra choking? So soon? Again his reply comes but this time it is very clear.

"Yeah, it is better for you to experience it virtually because I don't think you will be able to handle me if it happens in reality?"

My eyes widen to hear his answer. His smug tone shivers me a little but now I can't back out. I try to make my tone sultrier.

"Oh, really? But that day I handled you pretty well and then also I was in the same condition."

I hear a scoff and he replies,

"That day I made love to you but henceforth if you sound like this I will only fuck you and that is very hard for sure."

Now, it's my time to choke. This man is so blunt. In a shaky voice, I reply,

"How am I sounding?"

"You are sounding like a seductress radio jokey who can make any man hard. Right now, it's too difficult for me to control my junior. I am coming to you. Is there any other way to get into your house apart from the main gate? Because I don't want to let your brother know about our night amour. Neither will he like to witness our lovemaking...oops, fucking session...So tell me about the secret way so that I can come to your place to fu..."

"Manik...stop it?...How vulgar are you sounding!"

I couldn't control my embarrassment and annoyance and cut him in between.

"Why? You only wanted to become dirty. This is only phone sex. Or you want it in a video chat too. I don't mind. Lemme remove my clothes then. You can also join me."

His tease increases step by step. My face is flushed and red.

"MANIK..."

I yell. I can't stand anymore. I definitely lost the bet to this shameless fellow.

"Ha...ha...ha...so your all boldness has vanished? Good. Because you are more attractive and beautiful with your shyness and cuteness. I don't want an extra adventurous and spunky girlfriend. I am happy with this coy and demure Nandini. But let me tell you one thing. When a cute girl tries to become bold she appears cuter than previous. Ha...ha.."

He giggles on the phone. I flare my nose in exasperation.

"That means, you were not at all horny to hear me rather you were pulling my leg?"

I ask in vexation.

"Of course I am horny...just look at my pant. My junior is giving a standing ovation. But for that your voice is enough, Baby. Sexy or sweet. I am ever ready to be smitten."

He huskily says and I blush. Some seconds pause and he again says in a different tone,

"I know Nandini, you were expecting my call for the entire day and I couldn't make it. It's my fault and I am apologizing for this. It just that it was the first day without you in the office. All things were very confusing but now it's settled. And I promise that henceforth I won't give you any chance for complaint."

A smile creeps on my lips. This man knows how to push away my all grumbles.

"Can we meet during this stupid house arrest phase?"

I ask and his reply comes immediately.

"You want me to meet you alone or your brother also wants to meet me?"

"I want my brother to meet you. I want him to know that someone special in my life is you. Can you come here tomorrow evening...around 8 pm?"

"I will be there. Now can I go to sleep...please?"

His voice is frolic. I say good night to him and lie down again. Tomorrow is a big day for me. I take a deep breath and close my eyes in the hope of welcoming a new day, new happiness. 

Author's note: The lines in Italic and bold are the thoughts of the characters. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

914K 57.6K 64
INTRODUCING Manik malhotra~asias no.1 youngest business tycoon..age 26 yrs..winning businessman of the year awards frm past 3 yrs..mood switches...so...
43K 3.6K 12
Copyright ©️ 2021 the_bogummy All rights reserved. No part of this book/book may be reproduced without the writer's permission on any kind of sites...
283K 15K 31
#On NO 1 in short stories 28/may/2017 & 1/march 2018 #On no 2 in short story on 13/may/2017# on no 3 in short stories on 9/may/2017 What do you do w...
1.8M 85.5K 91
*Completed* Thank you for dropping here, Happy reading Prologue 'Fated But Was It In Destiny'. Love is a beautiful feeling, one to cherish, but what...